Beauty On Paper

Beauty On Paper

The moment he stepped onto the set,all eyes were on him.

Kim Jaejoong,exceptionally talented singer and overly passionate rookie actor.

Yunho used to laugh at his fans for describing him as some glowing deity,but now that Jaejoong was strutting right towards him with the sun kissing his white skin,the arts student felt himself agreeing to the statement of the star's fans.There was just something about him that fascinated the people around him greatly.It was not only his looks but also the way he carried himself on his feet with pride and yet,when he was close enough to the first members of the staff,he halted to bow in perfect 90 degrees so humbly that Yunho started to wonder whether this was really the flamboyant rock star everyone dubbed him as.

"Annyeong haseyo,Kim Jaejoong imnida." Another bow was given,this time directed at Yunho's very own mother who seemed to be exceptionally awed by the singer's appearance,which seemed a little odd to Yunho considering how many gorgeous stars she had seen like this before.

"Welcome on the set,Jaejoong-ssi.I'm Jung Sung Ryung,your make up artist and this..." With a small hand movement,Sung Ryung timidly gestured towards the arts student who was now stepping forward to bow for a proper greeting."...is my son Yunho.He will be helping me out,I hope you don't mind."

Pink lips curved up into a smile before Jaejoong shook his head in response."No...not at all."

And while his mother directed the rookie actor towards a chair which stood infront of an improvised vanity table,her smooth hands soon working on removing the last bit of make up and invisible dirt on Jaejoong's face although there was really not much to do for her,Yunho suddenly felt the familiar tingle in his fingertips.

Once his mother was beckoning for him to come closer,the young man found himself strutting towards the singer carefully before starting to work on the star's smooth hair in order to try hiding it underneath the wig they have prepared for him.

He was very careful with each movement,not wanting to pull onto Jaejoong's hair too hard or accidentally scratch the other and he was all too relieved when his mother was done with the make up sooner than expected and stepped aside to give him more room to move.When he was standing infront of the singer to fix the front of the wig,Yunho couldn't help but glance downwards to look at the other's face,admiring the roundness of his eyes,paleness of his skin and redness of his lips.He could tell why so many were awestruck by him.

He was absolutely gorgeous.

The last few strands soon disappeared underneath the wig and Yunho stepped back hesitantly to let Jaejoong admire his work in the mirror,the singer's lips fortunately curving up into a smile not long after.

"Thank you,Yunho-ssi."

"You're welcome,Jaejoong-ssi." The answer came out more meekly than intended and Yunho couldn't remember himself sounding this humble infront of another star before.

"Jaejoong-ah." A rather young man - most probably the singer's manager - called out as he approached them,his fingers soon gently wandering over the wig to tame some small strands as he looked at Jaejoong with a smile."It's time for you to change clothes."

Jaejoong nodded,his smile never wavering as he got up to follow his manager towards the nearest building where he would be able to change into his costume for the drama.The singer laughed wholeheartedly at something the other male said and Yunho couldn't even understand why he was so bothered by how intimate the two of them seemed.

It was just...odd.

But all the weird thoughts and feelings were soon gone as Sung Ryung called out for her son to ask him for some help with the next actor.

And yet...the impressive first impression Jaejoong left on that day remained deeply imprinted in Yunho's mind.

##

"Goodness...he's so pretty."

It was nothing he hasn't heard before.In fact,those words were the ones he had been hearing the most often during the past few days in which the staff members of Codename Jackal have busied themselves with the indecent ogling of Kim Jaejoong during filming breaks,the rookie actor being the one man who did not only have girls swoon over him but also males blushing bashfully in response to his blinding smile.

"Good morning,Yunho-ssi." Jaejoong called out with a smile,effectively pulling the young arts student out of his daydream as he turned around to face the singer who was soon settling down on the chair not far away from him."I was told to be too pale for the next scenes.Could you tan me up a bit?Just enough to make me stop looking like a vampire."

His eyes automatically skimming over the other's white skin,Yunho nodded absentmindedly before walking over to the different bb creams to pick out the shade he deemed as perfect.

"I-" Oh goodness...someone please tell him that his voice did not just crack infront of Jaejoong.

But all pleas were futile as he dared to take a glance at the singer and saw the other grinning slightly,apparently trying hard not to laugh at the failure of the young lad's voice.A slight blush spread itself across Yunho's cheeks as he cleared his throat,hoping that his voice was not going to betray him this time around.

"I think the darker bb cream will do just fine for the filming.I'll apply it on your face,neck,lower arms and hands."

"Whatever you deem best." Jaejoong answered,his whole body going rigid when Yunho removed the last trace of dirt from his skin before the young man got started on the make-up.

It was a routine they have gone through so many times already,but up until now Yunho never had to take care of Jaejoong's hair and make-up all by himself,the lack of his mother's presence being the result of another actor's need of help with make-up adjustment.He didn't know why it was so hard for him to talk freely when Jaejoong was there,but somehow...whenever the singer was near him,an invisible knot formed in his throat and made it almost impossible for Yunho to be his usually confident and talkative self.It was not like Yunho was one to get starstruck easily,but with Kim Jaejoong...it was different.

Kim Jaejoong took the star aura to a whole new level and Yunho found himself taking more glances at him than actually needed despite his job which acquired a certain amount of staring.And that Jaejoong's beauty shone even more up-close was of no help,neither was the singer's unique birthmark which turned out to be a rather big distraction as Yunho found his eyes wandering back to it repeatedly although his attention was currently needed elsewhere.

"I heard you are studying visual arts and acting at SeoulArts."

The sudden start of what the singer apparently wanted to be a long conversation had Yunho stopping in his tracks in surprise,almond-shaped eyes searching for the other's big orbs to lock gazes.

"Your mother told me." Came the reply to a question Yunho didn't get to say out loud yet and the younger male could do nothing but nod in response,fearing that his voice was going to leave him hanging once again if he shall start to speak way too abruptly infront of Jaejoong."What do you like more?Visual arts or acting?"

"Um..." Pausing briefly to clear his throat,Yunho quickly forced his hands to finish Jaejoong's make-up so he could start working on putting the wig on for the singer with the hope to get everything done as soon as possible because the other male was making him way too nervous for his liking."It used to be visual arts,but now it's acting."

"Oh?Why?" The child-like curiosity displayed on Jaejoong's face was so utterly adorable it was frustrating and that he even tilted his head a little after the short question made things even worse.

"I kinda lost my motivation to paint...or draw." He didn't even know why he was telling Jaejoong this.

When the lack of passion for drawings and paintings got more apparent a few months ago,Yunho chose to not talk about it to anyone,choosing the easy way out by focusing on acting more although visual arts used to be his favorite.His newfound enthusiasm for acting was a big surprise to the people around him,especially to his mother who knew just how much Yunho enjoyed playing with the different colors in paintings and the different shades of gray in drawings,acting only being his second choice because of his mother's job as a star make-up artist who got to meet not only singers but also actors.

His mother had of course asked him about the reason for the sudden change of heart,but Yunho had blamed it on her job which had apparently succeeded in pulling Yunho into the world of movies and dramas.He knew his mother deserved to know the truth,but he wasn't ready to tell her just yet.

"Too bad." Jaejoong replied softly and Yunho could've sworn to have seen a small but short-lived pout on the other's lips."I would love to see one of your drawings one day.I'm a great fan of arts."

Red lips curved upwards before they parted to let Yunho see pearly white teeth,the smile of the singer more radiant than ever as he allowed for Yunho to make the very last adjustment on his wig.

And just like that,Yunho was rendered speechless.

Seeing that the young assistant was done,Jaejoong slowly rose himself from the chair he had been sitting on before walking towards his manager who was already waiting for him with the costume like he has done during the past few days.But when Yunho expected Jaejoong to disappear from his sight completely,the singer chose to turn around once again to flash him a smile that took Yunho off-guard to say the least.

The certain itch in his fingertips returned.

When Sung Ryung returned to her son a few minutes later,a smile of gratitude on her lips and some snacks for him in her hands,the first thing she was being asked for was not food but a piece of paper and a pencil which the young lad eventually got from another staff member.

After five months of not even wanting to see a pencil,Jung Yunho finally started to draw again.

##

The sound of rubber meeting paper reached Sung Ryung's ears for the umpteenth time that day,the all too familiar sigh coming from her son following right after.

"Yunho-ah,take a break if it's too hard." Sung Ryung called out softly before making her way towards where Yunho was sitting,wrapping her arms around him from behind as she tried to take a look at the drawing her son was obviously not willing to show her."What are you even trying to draw,hm?"

"I...I'll show you once the drawing is done." Yunho answered,chuckling softly when he looked up and found his mother pouting at him.

"Are you starting to have secrets from Umma?"

"Who says I've only started today?"

"Aish." Came the playful hiss before slim fingers pinched his nose."Little brat."

Only laughing at his mother's 'glare' as she walked away,Yunho continued to work on his drawing with a little more motivation now that his mother has managed to take a big part of the frustration away from him.The small pencil point descended onto the thick paper of Yunho's sketch book as he attempted to draw the outline of lips he could not quite do justice no matter how hard he tried.

Portrays have never been his forte because he always had a hard time capturing people's most significant features.It always took him days to have the portrays look close enough to reality,but this time around...he sincerely doubted that he had a chance of succeeding.It didn't matter for how many times he tried to re-do everything,it just didn't come out as intended.

"Are you drawing?"

Clumsily trying to hide the drawing from whoever was now violating his personal space,Yunho's hands moved in a rush as they turned the sketch book around and allowed for the pencil to fall down onto the ground where it joined the long-abandoned eraser.A soft chuckle was heard when Yunho bent down to retrieve his belongings,soon seeing a pale hand join him as short but beautiful fingers got a hold of the pencil and left the eraser in his care.

"I didn't mean to scare you,I'm sorry." Jaejoong apologized as he handed the pencil back to Yunho,his expression underlining his words with sincerity.

"No it's okay." Yunho managed to croak out meekly,carefully placing everything aside before getting up to walk towards the table of make-up.

Much to Yunho's relief,Sung Ryung was soon approaching them with an ever-bright smile on her lips."Good morning,Jaejoong-ssi."

"Good morning,Sung Ryung-ssi." 

Noting that the singer sounded just as enthusiastic as his mother,Yunho couldn't quite suppress the smile of amusement upon seeing those two brightening up some more as they talked.He silently wondered whether having two suns clash would have the same effect.It was an absurd thought,but he couldn't describe the aura emitting from Jaejoong and his mother any better as they joked around and laughed with each other.After the first days of working together,Yunho started to notice how much more freely the two of them talked to each other and at some point Yunho even found his mother looking at Jaejoong the same way she always looked at him.

"I have talked to the director a few minutes ago." Sung Ryung uttered as she applied the foundation on Jaejoong's face,the singer's eyes closed for measurement."Such a pity to cover your face with bruises."

Jaejoong laughed softly at her words and Yunho found himself admiring the way his soft-looking eyelashes moved against the skin of his cheeks as he struggled to keep his eyes shut."It will feel weird to see myself covered in bruises."

"You never got into a fight before?"

"No." The singer admitted,much to the make-up artist's surprise as she remembered her own son coming home with several injuries during his most 'rebellious period' as a teenager."I was brought up my very peace-loving parents and eight sisters,so I learned to talk things out rather than use violence to solve my problems."

Sung Ryung nodded in understanding,a soft 'ohh' escaping her lips before she took a short glance at Yunho who did nothing but stare."Yunho-ah,you can start with his hair now."

Being ripped out of his daydream,Yunho nodded sheepishly before doing like his mother had suggested.

The sudden buzzing of Jaejoong's smartphone soon caught everyone's attention before Sung Ryung halted her movements with a smile."Go ahead and answer it,it might be important."

Briefly thanking Sung Ryung for her kindness,Jaejoong quickly got a hold of the buzzing device to have a short look at the screen before finally answering the incoming call which caused Yunho to temporarily stop with his work as well."Junsu-ah annyeong~"

It didn't take Yunho more than a second to figure out which 'Junsu' Jaejoong most probably meant considering that the whole country knew who Jaejoong's best friend was.Kim Jaejoong and Kim Junsu,two of the most famous singers of their generation just happened to be childhood friends who - despite loving to sing duets with each other - debuted as solo singers under the same company five years ago and have been teenagers' darlings ever since.

And as he watched how Jaejoong's face brightened up some more, Yunho's eyes automatically focused on the gentle curves of Jaejoong's lips as they moved to let words and occasional chuckles through.The way the tip of the singer's tongue poked out to the soft and pink petals was hypnotizing.

Yunho yearned to get back to his drawing and complete it with the reason and probably also the solution for his earlier misery right in front of him like this.

"Thank you Su-ah,you'll be there this evening,right?" Jaejoong asked,smile widening some more when he obviously received a positive answer."Awesome.Hey I'm currently getting my make-up done,let's talk later on okay?Yes,see you~"

Silently cooing at the way Jaejoong had been sing-songing on the phone,Sung Ryung smiled as she approached the singer to continue working on his make-up when Yunho's hands were back on Jaejoong's hair."Was that Kim Junsu-ssi?"

"Yes,he's currently filming for his upcoming music video and just wanted to greet me happy birthday."

"It's your birthday?" The beautiful woman asked as she looked down at the nodding singer in surprise."Happy Birthday!How old have you turned today?"

"Twenty-nine." Jaejoong answered with a small pout.

Sung Ryung laughed upon noticing the way Jaejoong's bottom lip jutted out in discontentment."Ay~ there is no need to pout like that.Twenty-nine is no age to be depressed about."

"I-I know,it's just...most of my friends are younger than me and even my lovely Junsu is making fun of me for being one of the oldest amongst our circle of friends."

"Don't worry,the way I see it you seem to be aging backwards and get more beautiful as you grow."

Jaejoong was touched,not really over the words but rather over the sincerity behind them.Sung Ryung did not say those things to up to him like most people around him did ever since he debuted,but to simply bring what she believed to be the truth across.And then there was this certain look she gave him.It was the adoring look of a mother and it made him feel at home...as much as he could so far away from his family.

"The same goes for you."

He really meant it.

"Oh dear,no need to lie to make an ahjumma like me feel better." Sung Ryung chuckled slightly until she saw the sincere smile Jaejoong was flashing at her."But thank you."

Her eyes soon searched for the face of her son and there she saw it.

Admiration,adoration and something she wouldn't dare to name until Yunho himself would do it.

"By the way I'm celebrating my birthday in a restaurant this evening and I wanted to ask for the staff to come too.I hope you can join." Jaejoong mumbled carefully,not wanting to get any of the make up Sung Ryung was currently applying near his lips inside his mouth."I mean it's really spontaneous and I can understand if you have plans already,but it...well...it would be great to have you there."

Yunho's heart raced as his mind already drifted to the party,silently wondering how different Kim Jaejoong the person was compared to Kim Jaejoong the entertainer.But when Yunho finally remembered that he would have to attend evening classes again today,all the excitement vanished into nothingness along with his smile.

"Oh we have no plans yet."

Giving his mother a look of surprise upon hearing her words,the young college student couldn't quite understand how his mother could've forgotten about his classes when she was the one to remind him of those earlier this morning.But one look at his mother and the way she winked at him after they managed to lock gazes had Yunho realizing that she has actually not forgotten.It was odd of his mother to encourage him to skip classes like this,but he was pretty sure that she was going to elaborate her behavior sooner or later and it was not like he couldn't afford to stay away for one evening.The exams were over since last week and he was basically only waiting for the results right now.

"So you'll both come?" 

Goodness,Jaejoong sounded more than adorable when he was excited and Yunho was pretty sure that it took all of his mother's willpower to stop herself from pinching his cheeks as he opened his doe eyes and grinned at her expectantly.

"Yes,we'd love to." Sung Ryung confirmed,her gaze soon following Jaejoong's as the singer turned around slightly to look at Yunho,obviously in search of some kind of confirmation from him too.

And instead of giving Jaejoong a vocal answer, Yunho chose to smile and nod instead,but that was enough to have the singer's smile widening in glee.

No more words were exchanged between them as mother and son continued with their work in silence,Jaejoong's eyes and mouth closed once more to make things easier for Sung Ryung.Yunho was done way sooner than his mother and stepped back after he was sure that he had made all needed adjustments to sit down not far away from them.His hands got a hold of his drawing utensils and the sound of pencil running across paper soon broke the silence.

Several shades of violet and red were used to taint Jaejoong's flawless skin with fake scratches and bruises,but what was most important for Yunho were the other's lips.

Soft curves of plump petals were drawn onto thick paper,the artist's almond-shaped eyes focusing on the real lips and their gray replica in turns in order to make sure that he was going to do things right this time.And as he drew,he could feel a certain burn inside of him.It drove blood to his face where his cheeks flushed slightly as his tongue came out to across his own lips.When he was about to start working on the shadows,the pink lips he had been watching suddenly curved upwards into a smirk which had Yunho looking upwards to where Jaejoong's eyes were.

Yunho almost forgot to breathe when he found doe eyes staring right back at him.

He got caught.

Flustered and rendered completely speechless,the young college student froze for a while before his hands pushed the now closed sketch book and pencil aside in a haste,the clumsiness in his movements resulting in him having to pick everything up from the ground once again.

Goodness.Making himself look like a fool infront of Jaejoong seemed to be his favorite thing to do today.

He just wanted to run and hide somewhere,but considering his luck today,Yunho thought that staying put on his spot was a better idea than running away on wobbly legs and risk to fall flat on his face infront of the singer.Lady luck seemed to hate him whenever Jaejoong was around.Yunho half expected for Jaejoong to say something about the drawing he has obviously seen,but nothing of that sort happened.The singer merely looked at his reflection in the Hello Kitty mirror given to him with a pout by the time Sung Ryung was done before thanking the smiling woman gleefully.And just like that,he left to change into his costume.

Not a single glance was sent his way anymore.

##

"Umma,can I not go?" Yunho asked meekly as they made their way towards the cars where several staff members were already getting ready to leave the set and follow Jaejoong to the restaurant he was going to celebrate his birthday in,the invitation having been accepted by almost everyone.

The surprise on his mother's face was more than understandable,the reason for her son to change his mind about the attendance of Jaejoong's birthday party completely unknown to her after all.

"But why?You seemed quite excited earlier."

"I just...well I just feel uncomfortable at the thought of spending the evening with all those stars and-"

"Yunho-ah." There it was,her stern,motherly tone."Tell me the truth."

Of course she would see right through him.He had never been able to keep secrets from her for long - and it was almost a miracle that she hasn't found out about his reason to stop drawing for a while yet - because he was a terrible liar and she was usually very observant.

"I was...I was drawing him earlier and he caught me." And as the words left his mouth,Yunho cursed inwardly at how absurd and silly his excuse sounded.

He was feeling childish.

"Oh dear...and now you are feeling embarrassed?" Sung Ryung asked.

Yunho nodded hesitantly,eyes casted downwards.

"Well I won't force you to join us of course,but I'm pretty sure the there is no need to be feeling embarrassed or worried about.Drawing someone is a very nice compliment and I'm sure that Jaejoong-ssi is of the same opinion."

His mother was actually right.

Actually.

Still not very convinced but not knowing how to talk himself out of this,Yunho let out a soft 'Okay' before following his mother towards their car.Jaejoong's laughter could be heard in the near distance as he talked to the director before announcing the destination to everyone once more.

Yunho briefly noticed Jaejoong looking his way and he almost believed to have caught the singer smiling at him.But before Yunho had the time to confirm it through a closer look,Jaejoong has disappeared into the van already.Only the soft call from his mother brought his attention back to the woman standing right next to him and although Yunho was sure that she had noticed what he had been doing,she obviously chose not to comment on it as she got into the car first.

With nothing else left to do,Yunho followed her suit.

##

The restaurant was not as exclusive as Yunho assumed it would be,but they did get to have the VIP area all for themselves.Jaejoong was obviously friends with the owner who didn't miss any chance to start a conversation with the singer whenever he happened to walk past their table.

Yes,their table.

Yunho had the luck to be seated right across from Jaejoong with his mother and the director flanking him.He wished he would've been able to say that it was by far not as awkward as he imagined everything to be.But the moment they sat down and were joined by Jaejoong's closest friends,Yunho didn't even dare to look up from his plate anymore.The only conversations he took part in where the ones with his mother as she asked him what he would like to eat.

He could hear every single word Jaejoong said and also every raise and fall of his laughters as he talked to his friends.

Kim Junsu was - without him actually intending to be - very funny in his innocent,naive way.Almost everyone at their table and Yunho was almost sure that 99% of the time,they just did it to make him whine at them and at the back of his mind,he could imagine a certain dandy boy and friend of his cooing at the singer all day long.He was really adorable and Jaejoong doted on him so much that it made Yunho feel uncomfortable to look their way sometimes.

The complete opposite of Junsu was definitely Kim Hyunjoong.The man was very reserved - almost cold - most of the time,but when he did actually join the conversation,Yunho could not help but notice great similarities between him and Jaejoong.They were like twins at heart.

Junsu and Hyunjoong were by no means the only stars sitting there with them,but they were the ones catching Yunho's attention the most thanks to their position left and right from Jaejoong.Besides,they were obviously the closest friends the singer had.

He didn't even notice how much time went by as he listened to the conversations between everyone around him,eyes always focused on everything and everyone but the singer in front of him.He didn't know when exactly,but at some point,mics were provided by the restaurant staff and only then did Yunho realize that they were actually in some kind of restaurant slash karaoke bar.

Jaejoong had asked for the screens hanging at several places in the room to be after he was fairly sure that everyone was sated and motivated to sing.It was a given that he was the one to start,together with Junsu that is.And instead of singing a ballad,the two best friends decided to fill the whole room with upbeat melodies of 'High Time',a fairly old song by 東方神起.The sound of laughter and claps accompanied the two singers' voices as they walked around in the room and pulled several people up from their seats to dance and it was hard to resist Jaejoong's and Junsu's charms,so although most people actually didn't want to dance...they did it anyways because they could simply not say no to Korea's sweethearts.And Yunho couldn't blame them.

Because when Jaejoong walked up to him with a small smile as he sang his heart out,Yunho - despite all the awkwardness and nervousness engulfing him -,found himself willingly getting up the moment the singer's free hand wrapped itself around his wrist to pull him away from the chair he was sitting on.He could barely hear his mother's swift words of encouragement as the singer dragged him further onto the free space at the centre of the room where many staff members and friends of Jaejoong were dancing already.Yunho's eyes soon caught the way Jaejoong swayed his hips from side to side as he raised the hand which was now wrapped around the younger male's own one before spinning around infront of Yunho with his fingers loosening their hold on beautiful,tanned skin to avoid a painful twist of limbs.

He seriously didn't know what to do with his own body,blindly following Jaejoong's movements.

Jaejoong soon handed his microphone to Hyunjoong despite the other's weak protest before Yunho found both of his hands being held by the man who never missed to make him feel like a silly school boy.

"Loosen up a bit and have fun,that's what we're here for." Jaejoong chirped."Forget your worries for a while."

'But what if my worries include you?' Yunho wondered silently.

Seeing that Yunho was unable to lose himself in the music like he wanted him to,Jaejoong swiflty pulled him back towards their table only to let go of Yunho when they were only a few inches away from Sung Ryung.Jaejoong bent down to whisper something into her ear and although he could not hear a single word because of the music,Yunho was pretty sure that the singer had been asking for her permission for something as he watched his mother nodding in agreement a few seconds later.

He had barely time to ask what was going on before Jaejoong got a hold of him once again and pulled him out of the room and down the hallway until they arrived at french doors.They stepped out onto the balcony which was fortunately hidden from the eyes of the public thanks to the trees and walls surrounding the back of the restaurant they were currently at.The sound of music was long gone and everything the two of them could hear right now was their own breathing.All too soon,the pale hand let go of him,leaving Yunho yearning for more of the warmth Jaejoong's skin provided as the singer strode towards the sitting area to sit down on one of the sofas.

Jaejoong patted the free spot next to him with a while and Yunho could do nothing but let his feet carry him towards where Jaejoong was to claim the unoccupied place on the soft furniture.And instead of immediately starting a conversation like Yunho had expected the singer to do,Jaejoong simply leaned back against the sofa with his eyes closed,his lips curving up so peacefully that it had Yunho's heart going.

He had never seen Jaejoong like this before.So free from pressure.So free from restrictions society put on him.

And he smiled.Because...what else could he do with such beauty right beside him?

All the nervousness he had previously felt hammering at his heart was now being replaced by a very sweet feeling of comfortableness.

"I feel honored."

The words have been said in a whisper and Yunho was pretty sure that he wouldn't have been able to catch them if not for the silence surrounding them on the balcony.

Feeling the other's gaze of confusion on him,Jaejoong made sure to elaborate."That you were drawing me I mean."

"Oh." A soft hue of red covered Yunho's cheeks as he looked away from Jaejoong and right onto his lap where he found the material of his jeans strikingly interesting at the moment."I-It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.The drawing I mean."

"How so?"

"It's hard to draw you." Yunho admitted,his heart soon wandering to the drawing hidden in his bag as he traced its outlines in his mind."Your features are soft,yet well-defined at all the right places.From your eyes over your nose to your lips...everything is so distinguishable and exactly that uniqueness makes it so hard for me to capture you on paper.I mean...there are just certain things which are too beautiful to do them justice with only a few of a pencil."

Embarrassment clouded his mind as the young college student bit hard onto his bottom lip upon realizing what he had said and how he had sounded.He knew he shouldn't have said all those things.But he just couldn't help it.

The chilly wind of the evening should've made him shiver or at least surround him with a certain amount of coldness,but all he felt was the heat surging through his whole body as his heart danced crazily in his chest.He was scared to look at Jaejoong,he really was.But what overpowered his fear all too easily was his curiosity.So - although his heart was trembling - he looked up to search for Jaejoong's face.

But nothing in this world would've been able to prepare him for what his eyes caught next.

Kim Jaejoong,beautiful Kim Jaejoong,was staring at him oh so fondly,his plump lips curved up into a smile which was so sweet it had Yunho blushing.But compared to the look in Jaejoong's eyes,his smile was nothing.Dark orbs were moist from tears threatening to be spilled as they conveyed not only admiration but also gratefulness.

"No one...no one has ever done this before."

"No one has ever complimented you before?" Yunho wondered how that was even possible,but a quick shake of Jaejoong's head had the arts student realizing that that was not what the singer had wanted to say.

"No one has ever made me feel this valuable before while sounding so...sincere."

It was hard for Yunho to believe that he was the first one to have Jaejoong feel this way with how many friends and admirers the singer had.But when he remembered to which extend pretense ruled the entertainment industry,he could do nothing but feel hurt on Jaejoong's behalf.It must've been hard for the singer to find sincere friends like Junsu and Hyunjoong.And it made Yunho angry to think of all the people pretending to treasure Jaejoong when they actually didn't.Because Jaejoong deserved all the sincere love existing in this world.

Behind the thick mask of fame,there was a normal man who yearned to be loved and treasured for who he was,not for who his company wanted him to be.

"Would you like to see the drawing?" He would be lying if he would've denied regretting to have said those words the moment they escaped his lips,but the look of delight in Jaejoong's eyes was worth all the possible embarrassment he was most probably going to put himself through with the imperfect drawing of perfection.

"Can I?"

Nodding in response to the other's question,Yunho swiftly promised to be back soon before he left Jaejoong to walk back into the room where the party was obviously going just fine even without the birthday boy - thank God for Jaejoong's entertaining friends - and without any explanation to his mother,the student got a hold of his bag and took his sketch book out before leaving the room for the second time that evening.

Jaejoong was waiting for him in silence,the eagerness all too obvious when he sat up almost too straight the moment Yunho was back by his side.Yunho opened the sketch book with slightly trembling hands before giving it to Jaejoong with a sheepish smile.There was no real fear anymore,just an understandable amount of nervousness.

Every single second in which Jaejoong stared at his drawing was used by Yunho to stare at the singer instead,not just his gray copy.

"I cannot understand how you can be unsatisfied with this." Soft fingers ghosted over the thick paper,tracing the outlines of his own face there as he smiled in adoration."But next time,if you want to,draw me.The real me,not Choi Hyun."

"Y-You'll need much patience as my model.I don't think I'll ever be able to draw you the way I want to."

"That's okay." Jaejoong assured."You can have me as your model as long as you want me."

Gosh...was Kim Jaejoong actually blushing at him?

The silence surrounding them afterwards was not awkward nor intimidating.It was the comfortable kind of silence that was reserved for those special moments where words were simply unneccessary.

And suddenly,Yunho didn't care anymore whether he would ever be able to capture Jaejoong's beauty on paper.

Because it was more than enough to have it imprinted in his heart instead.

##

Not far away from them,standing on the other side of french doors,was Sung Ryung.

She cried small tears of happiness as she stared at her son,smiling when he smiled.

Because his happiness was her happiness.

She knew that her son had once stopped drawing because he had been broken hearted,the last person he drew before Jaejoong being the one who made Yunho realize his ual preference after years of attempts to be happy with a girl like the majority of other boys his age did.

When Yunho first started to abandon his sketchbook and pencil,Sung Ryung didn't think much of it until she stumbled over the remnants of the ripped drawing of a handsome man while cleaning her son's room one afternoon.It broke her heart.Not because her son has written a love message next to the man's head,but because those words have been covered by a handwriting that was surely not her son's and stated only one word.

.

She had wanted to confront Yunho with it,wanting him to share his worries with her.But she didn't.

Because her son did not lose himself in depression like she had feared and she knew that Yunho needed time to figure out how to tell her on his own.And no matter how long Yunho was going to need to come out to her,she would wait.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N1:Feels like it has been ages since I last wrote a proper-lengthened oneshot.I had some problems with the pace of the story so forgive me if it seems a draggy.Oh and actually I made the drawing a long time ago and thought that it was Jaejoong playing Kyungtak in Dr. Jin,just found out yesterday it's in fact Jaejoong playing Choi Hyun in Codename Jackal so yeah a few scenes might remind you of Dr. Jin (the tanning up) instead of Codename Jacka,forgive me!I was done with the story before I realized my mistake and didn't want to rewrite every set/make-up scene to adjust it to Jaejoong's role as Choi Hyun.

A/N2:Sung Ryung is in fact Kim Sung Ryung,the lady who played Yunho's mother in Yawang and JJ's sugar mama in Jackal.

Special thanks to my lovely dongsaeng bluepinkfairy for coloring this,I'm sorry I didn't use it for the poster bb!

 

The colored version of drawing I used in the poster is this one.