Yesung - Chapter 1

10 Days With My Devil

“Oh?” Kyuhyun asked a bit shocked.

“So you want Yesung to watch you, huh?” Sungmin asked.

“Yeah.” I replied.

Though to be honest, anyone would have been fine… It’s only for ten days.

“You’re a weird one,” Kyuhyun said, “Picking Yesung.”

Donghae gave him a weird look, “What do you care? Everyone has their own tastes. Anyway, looks like you’re in charge of her Sunggie.”

“I don’t wanna.” Were the first words to come from Yesung’s mouth, “I have work to do. She’ll just get in the way.”

Sungmin looked at Yesung a bit sadly, “H-Hey, you didn’t have to say it so bluntly…”

“She chose you, so just do it. It’s only for ten days.” Heechul said.

“No.” Replied Yesung.

“Yesung!” Heechul shouted, “It’s already been decided. Don’t be selfish.”

Yesung hesitated before answering, “Fine. It won’t be a problem if she just toasts herself, right?”

“What!?” I said confused and shocked.

Suddenly Yesung grabbed my head in his hands.

“Look at me.” He demands.

I say nothing, but try to look away from him.

“Yesung! Stop it!” Heechul yells.

“Look into my eyes.” Yesung says again.

“Ah…”

I give up and finally look into his eyes. They’re really pretty… It’s almost like I’m being in. Though, they are a little bloodshot.

“What do you see?” He asked me.

“Your eyes…” I replied, “They’re pretty…”

Shocked, Heechul said, “Did you just say his eyes are pretty?”

“Yeah…” I nodded a bit, “They’re like gemstones…”

Yesung blushed.

“Cut it out, Yesung!” Heechul pushed Yesung away from me.

Yesung continued looking at me, “What’s your deal?”

“Huh?” I blinked a few times confused.

“Why doesn’t it work on you?” He questioned, shocked.

What is he talking about?

Donghae laughed a bit, “Are you blushing, Sunggie?”

I looked up at Yesung and indeed, he was blushing.

“Hm, is this the first time you’ve had to look after a girl?” Donghae joked.

“He’s always hold up in his room, so he hasn’t build up an immunity to womanly charms.” Kyuhyun laughed also.

Yesung suddenly got angry, “No. I’m just not strong enough. And… This thing isn’t a woman.”

“Excuse me!?” I shouted, also getting angry.

I might not be very feminine, but that’s still really rude!

“Come on, don’t be such a baby.” Sungmin said to Yesung, “It’s just ten days, right?”

Yesung looked at the ground, “Fine.”

Heechul sighed, “Let’s just head back to the house.”

“Right.” Donghae agreed, “If the wrong people see us, this could get ugly.”

House? They did say they were demons, right? If it’s a hose that demons live in, is it like floating in the sky or something!?

“What are you making that face for?” Heechul asked, studying my face.

“Oh, I was just wondering where we’re headed is all..” I replied, not knowing that I was making a face.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said we’re going to our house.” He repeated.

“I don’t think that’s what she meant. Right, _______?” Sungmin smiled at me, then looked up to Heechul, “Since we’re not human, you’re probably wondering if we’re going to some other world.”

I nodded, “Yeah. You said you were demons, so I was thinking it might be floating in the sky…”

I looked around the sky, but I’m not seeing anything…

“Not necessarily,” Kyuhyun started, “I mean, they say Hell is underground, right?”

“Y-Yeah…” I replied feeling a bit foolish.

But now that he says that, where we’re going might be even worse than I imagined!

“It’s really too bad…” Kyuhyun grabbed my jaw, turned my head toward him, and brought his face closer to mine, “If you had chosen me, we could have had fun in the depths of-”

“The depths!?” I shouted before he could finish his sentence.

And what did he mean by ‘fun’? I probably shouldn’t think too hard about it.

Heechul separated Kyuhyun and I, “Lay off, Kyuhyun. We live in a pretty normal house, to be honest.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Really.” Sungmin smiled again, “It’s just a normal house, at ground level.”

“Whew!” I felt relieved, “Well, that’s good to hear!”

“Ask Yesung if there’s anything else you want to know.” Heechul said, “He’s the one who’s going to be watching you, so he should be with you most of the time.”

Donghae looked around, “Well, I can tell you right now that I haven’t seen Yesung around for a little while.”

“What!?” Heechul asked.

I looked around. He’s right, Yesung was right over there earlier…

“Where the hell did he run off to…?” Heechul mumbled a bit.

“Isn’t that him leaning on that wall over there?” Kyuhyun pointed to the wall of the little building that was next to my apartment, (which is now burnt down).

Donghae laughed, “He’s eating candy again.”

“What are you doing?” Heechul shouted to him, “Hurry up and get over here!”

“No.” Yesung didn’t even bother shouting back, “Too much of a pain.”

“Don’t give me that!” Heechul got a bit angry.

“You know Sunggie,” Donghae started, “If you stay over there you’ll never get to sleep, right?”

Yesung thought for a moment before sighing and rolling his eyes. He walked back toward us and stared at the ground. Yesung looks about the same age as me, but his personality is really childish…

“Sungmin, I want you to keep an eye on Yesung.” Heechul said.

“Huh? Why me?” Sungmin questioned.

“That’s your job Ming!” Donghae smiled, “You’re an apprentice, after all.”

“I don’t need a guard.” Yesung said making a fist.

“Y-Yesung! You’re crushing your candy!!” Sungmin said with worry.

It’s too late for this now, but maybe I made the wrong choice…

“So _______,” Kyuhyun turned to me, “What are you going to do with these ten days, anyway?”

“That’s right.” Donghae joined our conversation, “What’s so important that you had to stay in this world, even if it meant having to threaten us?”

“Um..” I hesitated before answering, “I… Want to confess to the person I love.”

Everyone looked at me shocked, “Confess!?”

I blushed, “Y-Yeah…”

“Well, that’s the number one regret for toastees.” Donghae replied.

“No way.” Kyuhyun said, “More like third.”

Heechul gave a look, “Is that really the reason you asked to stay alive?”

“I-Is there something wrong with that?” I questioned.

“Well, it’s not really ‘wrong’ but…” Donghae’s voice trailed off.

“I mean, even if you confess, you’re still toast in ten days.” Kyuhyun finished Donghae’s sentence.

Heechul rolled his eyes, “I don’t think I’ll ever understand humans.”

Why are they all looking at me like I’m stupid?

“I understand, _______.” Sungmin gave me a soft smile, “You would really regret it if you never get to tell the person you love how you feel.”

“Yeah…” I replied.

“Well, if that’s enough to satisfy you…” Donghae mumbled.

“You might even get a kiss or two, or three, if things go well.” Kyuhyun winked.

“I… I-I don’t think I could go that far…” I blushed again.

Kyuhyun smiled, “Hey, no need to hold back.”

“Yeah!” Donghae smiled also, “Even if your chest is small, you have to have big dreams! Right, Sunggie?”

“I’m sleepy.” Yesung replied.

You’ve gotta be kidding me! Does he have the energy to do anything!?

“Come on Yesung! You can’t fall asleep here!” Sungmin pouted.

Yesung looked at him angrily, “You’re being too loud. It’s annoying.”

“Annoying!?” Sungmin looked sad.

“Just leave him alone, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said.

“No!” Heechul protested, “Make sure he comes home, even if you have to drag him there.”

“Brother…” Sungmin still had that same sad look.

“Huh!? ‘Brother’? Do you mean Heechul?” I asked Sungmin.

“Yeah! We’re brothers.”

“I-I see…”

They don’t look alike at all...

“Were you thinking about how we don’t look alike?” Sungmin asked.

“Huh? Oh, n-no. I wasn’t..” I lied.

Heechul rolled his eyes and began walking. Kyuhyun and Donghae followed him. Sungmin looked at me and smiled a bit before having someone fall on his back. I looked at the person that suddenly fell on him, Yesung. Is he sleeping!? Here!? Wow. Sungmin lifted him up on his back and we began walking, behind the other three. Eventually we made it to the ‘Demon House.’

“We’re here.” Heechul announced.

Wow. It really is just like a normal house! Though it looks pretty luxurious.

“Go on inside, _______.” Sungmin smiled, holding the gate open for me, while still holding Yesung up on his back.

I nodded and thanked him before we headed inside the house.

“I think I’m gonna go take a bath.” Kyuhyun said his thoughts out loud.

“What time is the meeting tomorrow, again?” Donghae asked Heechul.

“Seven.” Heechul answered.

“That’s so early!” Donghae replied, “I wonder if I’ll be able to wake up in time!”

“Well, good night, _______.” Sungmin smiled.

I saw that Yesung was off his back and now standing, looking tired as ever. I looked back to Sungmin, but he was already halfway upstairs. Wait… Where am I supposed to sleep?

“You can come to my room if you ever get lonely. I’ll… Keep you company.” Kyuhyun smirked before heading upstairs.

Donghae looked at Heechul puzzled, “Hey Heechul, about the cost of the food the other day… Can we write it off as a-”

“Business expense?” Heechul scoffed, “Don’t make me laugh. What did you use one hundred jars of honey for, anyway?”

“Aww! Don’t be so stingy.” Donghae pouted a bit.

One hundred jars of honey!? What in the world- Wait, that’s not the issue here!

“Um, excuse me-”

I watched as the two walked away, chatting about honey…

I slowly turned to Yesung, “U-Um…”

“Here.” He handed me something.

I studied the object.

“Huh? A ring?” I asked confused.

“Put it on.”

“O-Okay…”

I did as I was told and put the ring on my finger. Wow, the design is really detailed.

“So where did this come from?” I looked up at him.

“I designed it.” He replied.

“What!? Really?” I looked at the ring again, “It’s a pretty cute ring.”

“I worked hard on the design.” Yesung added.

“Yeah, I can tell.”

“I worked hard on the features, too.” He looked at the ground.

“Oh, really- Wait, ‘features’!?” I asked confused.

He looked back up at me, “It’s a tracking device.”

“W-What!?” I tried pulling it off.

“Don’t take it off.” He said, “Though, you couldn’t even if you tried.”

“What the heck!” I held my hand out toward him, “Take this thing off! It’s like I’m being spied on!”

“It’s my job to watch you.” He said.

“Yeah, but a tracking device is going way overboard…” I pouted.

“You want me to watch you twenty-four hours a day!?” He shouted at me.

I flinched at the tone of his voice, “T-That’s not what I-”

“Do you want to be with me all day?” He walked closer to me and put his face close to mine, “Well?”

“No! I don’t!” I looked toward the floor.

“Good.” He moved away from me, “Neither do I. That’s why I put the ring on you. You can take it off if you really want to.”

“Huh? I can?”

“Though you’ll probably have to tear your finger off.” He replied.

“No, thank you!”

Jeez, is this really going to work out? It’s only for ten days but, will I be able to communicate with him well enough if I have any questions? Yesung headed upstairs, so I decided to follow him.

I coughed awkwardly, “Um… Your name is Kim Jongwoon, right?”

He stopped in his tracks, “Um, yeah.”

“Is it okay if I just call you Yesung, then?”

He said nothing, he just stared at me.

“You can call me _______-”

“Sorry.”

“Huh?”

He looked at the floor, “I’m bad at remembering people’s names. So I can’t do that.”

“O-Oh… Um, okay…” I sighed in defeat, “But, um… Is it okay for me to call you Yesung?”

He shrugged, “Whatever.”

“A-Alright…” I gave him an awkward smile, “I’ll call you Yesung, then.”

He didn’t replied. He merely only stared at me, making it even more awkward than it already was…

“Um, where should I-”

“Your room is over there.” He pointed to a door at the end of the hall.

“Oh, okay.”

He walked toward another door and looked at me, “This one’s mine. Ask Sungmin or someone about the rest.”

“Huh?”

“See ya.” He said walking into his bedroom, trying to close the door in my face.

I put my foot in the doorway, stopping him from closing it, “W-Wait!”

“What?” He asked.

“Um… Can we talk a little more?” I questioned.

He gave me a look, “Why?”

“Come on…” I pleaded, “I mean, it’s only ten days, but I have tons of things I want to ask you! And your surveillance will probably be easier if we know a bit about each other.”

He said nothing.

“S-Something like that, anyway…” I looked at the floor.

“Too much of a hassle.”

“O-Oh…”

“Plus, I’m sleepy.” He added.

“Seriously?” I rolled my eyes.

“And it’s… A waste of time.”

I blinked a few times.

“Bye.” Yesung said before pushing my foot out of the doorway, and closing the door in my face.

“No way…” I mumbled.

What am I supposed to do now? Just go to my room and ‘hang out’?

“But I only have ten days left to live…” I whispered to myself.

Just then, Yesung’s door opens again.

“Look at me.” He says suddenly.

“What?” I questioned confused.

“Just do it.” He replied.

He grabbed my head in his hands again and before I know it, he headbutts me.

“Owww!!!” I reach my hand up and rub my head.

W-Why did he do that!?

“Look at me.” He demands again.

I say nothing, and obey.

“What do you see?” He asks, just like before.

“I don’t see anything, okay!? Though my vision went white for a second when you headbutted me.” I pouted.

Yesung withdrew his hands from my head and gave me a small glare, “You’re weird.”

“Excuse me!?” I shouted.

He looked toward the ground, “My power doesn’t work on you… I’ve never met a woman like you before. I don’t get it.”

Confused, I said, “I’m the one who doesn’t get what’s going on here! What’s the deal with you staring at me? What’s this ‘power’ you keep talking about?”

Yesung said nothing. He only turned around and headed back into his room.

“Hey, wait! Yesung!”

He shut the door again.

“Aish, seriously! What’s his problem?” I asked myself.

I’m so confused about what’s going on! But more importantly…

“My forehead hurts…” I whispered while rubbing the spot that Yesung hit.

Teary-eyed, I made my way toward my room…

 

 

 

Click Here To Go To The Next Chapter

*Coming Soon*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update! But here’s the first chapter! Summers only a week away for me, which means, more updates! Haha so I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one!(:

Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters!(: