Kyuhyun - Chapter 1

10 Days With My Devil

“Um… Er…” I looked at all the boys around me, “Could I ask Kyuhyun to do it?”

“Oho.” Kyuhyun looked at me a bit shocked, but then smirked, “You’ve got a good eye for men _______.”

C-Can you even say that about yourself?

“Well, looks like we’ll be spending the next ten days together.” He smiled.

“Y-Yeah…” I replied.

He has such a sweet smile… I think I made the right choice.

“Ugh. This is going to be such a pain.”My co-worker, Heechul said, “Let’s head to the Demon House before the angels find us.”

“Sounds good.” The Gucci guy, Donghae smiled.

D-Demon House!? I’m supposed to go with them, right? As I follow the others, I put a bit of distance between myself and the other four guys, then turn to Kyuhyun.

“By the way,” Kyuhyun started, “You seemed pretty desperate earlier. What is it you want to do during these ten days?”

“Um, well my parents work overseas, and they’re coming back to visit soon.” I replied, “I just wanted to spend some time with them one more time before I… D-Die…”

“I see.”

After his curt reply, Kyuhyun caught up to the other four. D-Did I say something wrong? I was expecting him to smile like before… I gazed at Kyuhyun from behind, not understanding.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________


 

A little while later we arrived in front of a two-story building with a fancy-looking facade. I didn't expect demons to be living in such a stylish building… This totally goes against my mental image of demons.

“Wow, the garden is just gorgeous. I wish I could live in a place like this…” I said.

“Well, that’s good. Because you’ll be living here for the next ten days.” Kyuhyun said.

“Oh, right…”

I still can’t really believe it… I’m really going to die in ten days? This isn’t some kind of joke or something?

“Move it.”

As I was standing there lost in thought, I heard a voice from behind me.

“O-Oh, sorry.” I said as I moved for him.

Um, his name was… Yesung, right? He seems the most demon-ish to me…

“You’re such a nice girl, _______” The fake reporter, Sungmin said.

“Huh?”

“I mean you don’t get mad even though Yesung talks to you like that.”

“This situation is too bizarre… I’m just having a hard time taking it all in…” I replied to him, “It’s like, someone being rude to me is the least of my worries.”

“Ah, I can understand. If someone just came up and told you you’re about to die, it would be pretty hard to believe them.” Sungmin nodded in understanding.

“But… It really is true, right?”

“Yeah…”

Sungmin seems sad even though I’m the one that’s going to die…

“Well, shall we go inside?” Sungmin asked with a soft smile.

I nodded and we headed inside the Demon House together.

“So, I’m going to be living with you guys from now on?” I asked Kyuhyun.

“Right.” Kyuhyun replied, “We’re all staying in different rooms though. We don’t really live ‘together’ together, if you get what I’m saying.”

“I see.” I copied his response from earlier.

“Well, since you’ll be living here for the next ten days, how about I show you around?” He smiled.

It’s that same, kind smile from earlier, maybe he was just in a bad mood before.

“Um, alright. If you don’t mind.” I replied.

If I can get and idea of how they go about things, I can try not to get in their way.

“Of course.” He looked behind me, “Sungmin, why don’t you show her around?”

Sungmin stopped in his tracks, “Huh? Why me?”

“It looked like the two of you were getting along pretty well earlier.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Huh? No, I just-”

“I knew I could count on you. See ya!”

Kyuhyun left without even listening to what Sungmin was trying to say.

“I hope you don’t mind having me as you guide.” Sungmin gave me an awkward smile.

“Huh!? No, I’m just sorry you had to get dragged into this.” I said.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. Well, let’s start with the first floor.”

He doesn’t seem to mind, even though Kyuhyun just forced this on him. What a nice guy…. Sungmin showed me all around the first floor, like the kitchen and living room. Then he took me to the second floor.

“Everyone’s rooms are up on the second floor.” Sungmin said, “We can’t go in without their permission, but just so you know where they are.”

I nodded.

“Oh, and the room all the way at the end is yours, so make yourself at home.”

“Huh? There’s a room for me too?” I questioned, “I thought I’d be sleeping on the couch for sure!”

“Oh, we couldn’t have a woman do that.” Sungmin smiled.

“Thank you.” I returned the smile.

Demons are a lot more… Gentlemanly than I expected. After that, he told me which rooms belonged to whom.

“And this is Kyuhyun’s room.” He said as he knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” We heard from inside the room.

“It’s Sungmin. Can I come in?”

“... Sure.”

Sungmin turned the handle and opened the door.

“I was just showing _______ around the second floor.” Sungmin said.

“Oh, thanks.” Kyuhyun replied.

“So,” Sungmin started, “This is Kyuhyun’s room- Uh, _______?”

T… This is… Kyuhyun’s room? I was taken aback by the contents of the room. All I could do was stand speechless in the doorway. The are so many piles of video games everywhere, there’s barely any room to stand…

“Surprised by how messy it is?” Sungmin asked.

“Y-Yeah…” I slowly nodded.

“Why should you care? It’s my room.” Kyuhyun said.

Yeah but, isn’t it inconvenient having all this stuff all over…?

“Do you not like cleaning your room?” I questioned.

“It’s not that,” Kyuhyun shrugged, “I can do it if I want to.”

“Then-”

“Hm… It’s like, I feel restless if it’s too clean. I start getting annoyed if the room is… immaculate.”

Being immaculate annoys him…?

“You look like you don’t believe me.” Kyuhyun said.

“N-No. It’s not that…” I said.

I just… I would say his face is pretty immaculate. Does that count?

“What? Are you thinking of something naughty?” Kyuhyun asked getting a bit angry.

“What!? N-No! Of course not!” I replied.

He walked closer to me, “If you even dare to try and clean my room, you’re toast.”

What!? I thought I might have misheard him so I looked into his eyes, but he just smiled back at me. I guess I didn’t hear it wrong… I’m glad I didn’t ask him if he wanted me to clean it for him…

“Well, that’s it for the tour of the house.” Sungmin smiled, “I’m gonna head back to my room.”

“Oh, okay. Thanks for the tour.” I smiled back.

Well, if they have a room for me, I guess I should head there. I began heading toward the doorway and-

“Hm? Where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“U-Um, I was thinking of going to my room and calling it a night…” I replied.

“Ah, r-right. It is getting to be late.” Kyuhyun looked at the floor, but then looked up at me a little and smirked, “Well, you wanna sleep together?”

T-Together!?

“Y-You guys set aside a room for me, so I-I’ll sleep t-there…” I replied.

“You’re going to defy me so soon?” His smirk grew, “We’re giving you an extra ten days of life. What are you giving us?”

“H-Huh…?”

I expressed my confusion, but Kyuhyun ignored me. He rolled his eyes and went back to his desk… What was that all about?

“Um, Kyuhyun…?” I asked.

He said nothing. He should be able to hear me… Is he doing work? Does that mean I can go to my room? I slowly and silently left Kyuhyun’s room. I don’t understand him… I walked into my room and looked around. It had a bed, a desk to work on, and a small table near the window. I sighed and sat down on the bed. So many things happened today… Is this all even real? Suddenly I heard a knock at my door.

“Yes?” I asked through the door.

“Do you have a minute?” That sounded like Sungmin.

I opened the door and looked at him, “Oh, it’s you Sungmin. Sure, come on in.”

“Sorry to bother you so late at night. I forgot to explain something before.” Sungmin said.

“It’s okay.” I replied, “What is it? The rules of the house or something?”

“Nah, we don’t have anything like that here. Everyone pretty much does their own thing when they’re not working.” He smiled, “Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about us demons.”

“About you guys?”

He nodded, “Yeah. I thought if you knew more about us, you might be able to grasp the situation better.”

He came to my room just for that? How sweet.

“So, each of us demons has a different ability. Like, my older brother has the power to control the life force of humans.”

“Who’s your brother?” I asked.

“Oh, sorry. Heechul. We’re half-brothers. We have the same mother, but different fathers.” Sungmin replied.

Half-brothers? Well, yeah I can kind of see the resemblance…

Sungmin continued, “But going back to the main topic, Kyuhyun can see into a person’s future just by touching them. Yesung can influence humans through mind control.”

“Mind control? Like brainwashing?” I asked.

Sungmin giggled, “Yeah, kinda like that.”

“Donghae has the power to take souls to Heaven. So, when it’s decided that someone’s going to die, our job goes like this: Yesung collects information via mind control, Kyuhyun determines the cause of death by looking into the future, Heechul uses his power to separate the soul from the body, and then Donghae take their soul to Heaven. That’s usually how it plays out. By the way, Heechul’s the captain of our team, and Kyuhyun’s the vice-captain.” Sungmin explained, “Did you get all that?”

“I-I think I got it.” I said, “Heechul used the information the Yesung gathered and appeared in my company as a co-worker.”

“Right!” Sungmin smiled, “You’re a quick learner.”

“It was just a feeling, really.” I laughed slightly.

“Even though the typical image of demons in the human realm appears to involve us stealing souls from humans.” Sungmin said a bit sadly.

“Yeah, that was what I thought…” I replied.

“Oh yeah, there’s something important I forgot to mention.” Sungmin said, “There are laws that us demons have to follow.”

“Laws?” I asked.

He nodded, “Yeah. The first one is that it’s illegal to extend the lifespan of a human… Though we’re all breaking that one right now…”

“Y-Yeah…”

“But, there were extenuating circumstances in your case, so there was nothing we- Well, we could have just killed you…” He thought, “Anyway, somehow or another, we’ll protect you for these ten days. If by some chance some demon other than us five comes to the house, can you promise me that you’ll hide?”

“Y-Yeah.” I said, “I promise.”

“There’s one more law. A demon is not allowed to fall in love with a human.”

“Oh, really?” I questioned.

“I mean, if we fell in love with a human, it would interfere with giving their soul over to the angels, right?”

I nodded slightly, “Right…”

“Well, under normal circumstances, we would never have a chance to fall in love with a human. We’re taking their soul to Heaven before anything like that has a chance to happen.” He laughed.

Why is he laughing? This isn’t funny at all… It’s actually kind of scary.

“That’s about all you need to know about demons.”

“Hm… What’s your ability, Sungmin?” I questioned.

He looked at me sadly, “I’m still in training, so I just do odd jobs.”

“Oh.” I replied.

“Ah, sorry again for coming here so late. Good night _______.”

“Oh no. Thanks for telling me all that. Good night!”

He smiled at me before leaving. I sighed, so many things have happened… I’m beat. I flopped down on the bed and before I know it, I drift off into sleep…

 

Click Here To Go To The Next Chapter

*Coming Soon*

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update! But here’s the first chapter! Summers only a week away for me, which means, more updates! Haha so I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one!(:

Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters!(: