Wish #8.

Make a Wish, Rich B*tch

183-genie-lamp-icon.png Chapter 8 

❝I wish to be the popular kid in school.❞

 

[3 days later; Beverly Hills High]

 

Krystal

3 days. It's been 3 days since I last saw Luhan, my so-called 'Genie'.

 

Why would I care, you ask? Well first off, I was still angry at him for butting into my personal life last Friday night. Like, helloooo, what kind of a person does he think he is announcing himself as my boyfriend? No! Not even boyfriend... my 'fiancé' as my father says. As in, apparently we have a future together.

 

The only future I saw with him was... NONE.

 

Besides that, I was also paranoid by the fact that there was a possibility that he might have been around me all this time without me knowing. I figured he's still around since the necklace still won't budge off my neck. But then again, I couldn't be too sure either. For the past weekend, just for precaution, I wouldn't let my guard down. I would burn incense candles in my restroom and closet to ward off the bad spirits (a.k.a. Luhan) before I undressed myself. I mean, I didn't take him as a ert or anything, because to tell you the truth: If it wasn't for his attitude and actions, then I would have gladly let him have me. Because okay, I admit, Luhan was a sight I did not mind to look at. And better yet, with him by my side...

 

I could just stare at him all day and never get bored.

 

"Oh. My. God." I felt somebody shake my side, bringing me out of my trance. "Krystal! Isn't that the guy who you went home with that night at Jesy's party?!"

 

"WHAT?!" I blurted, standing up at my spot to try and get a look over at the commotion at the front gates. Soon enough, the crowd dispersed and a path was made for the student that was causing all the disturbance.

 

And surprise, surprise... it was Luhan the Genie.

 

I examined him a bit more as he started to walk. He wasn't exactly 'himself' though; his style of clothing had changed from a man in a suit to a regular teenage boy with jeans, converse, a white tee, a black leather jacket, and black aviators. Other than that, his stride seemed more confident and his presence was more alluring. All the girls were eyeing him. All the guys were envying him. I, on the other hand, was having mixed feelings on whether to acknowledge his iness or to beat the living out of him for leaving me behind for 3 days.

 

"H-h-he's coming this way,” Annie gasped. She blew a big bubble that popped right as Luhan came into sight. We all stood there, watching him as he passed our group. He slowed his pace down then turned his head towards us, sliding his sunglasses down to the bridge of his nose.

 

"Hello ladies." He turned straight at me. "Krystal." He gave me a nod, acknowledging my presence before giving me a wink. I could hear Annie and Jesy give a sigh of admiration while I just rolled my eyes, watching him walk away as if that was supposed to leave some kind of effect on me. The only effect it left on me was none: it only heightened my desire to choke the life out of him. 

 

If that didn't work, I could always use this necklace around my neck to choke myself out first from all the anger that was building inside of me. 

 

"H-He knows your name?" Jesy turned to me in awe.

 

"He knows you exist" Annie said as she blew another bubble. Jesy and I gave Annie a look. As much as we love her, her mind could sometimes go... well, elsewhere to put it in a nice way.

 

"Noon-Krystal!!" I turned at the familiar sound of my little brother, running up to me. He reached the 3 of us, giving Jesy and Annie an excuse to drag me off. He took me to the front of the gates of the school and pointed at the car parked.

 

"Did you get this for Luhan?!" Jay asked in astonishment.

 

"HA. I wouldn't even give him my time of day... why would I give him this??" Where did that man even get the money for this? Was it his magic powers? An illusion to all of us?  I kicked the tire of the car to test my theory. The toe of my high heels made contact with the solid rubber. Nope, it was real.

 

"So then, how....?" Jay started to think.

 

"I want to know the same thing..." I finish after him. I my heel, shouldering my purse, brisk-walking towards the opposite direction. Not only had the first period's 10 minute bell rang, but I needed to find Luhan and talk to him. I entered the building with Jay following behind me.

 

"So, wait... everything he has now..." Jay huffed as he tried to keep up with my quick pace while dodging students in the hallway, "You didn't give him any of that?"

 

"No! I haven't even seen him since Friday night!" My eyes searched the hallways for a certain man. I could already hear the whispers and gossip from the students around me.

 

"I heard that the new kid’s name is some Asian name like Luhan and is...."

 

"I heard that the new kid is the son of that EXO Corporation."

 

"I heard that he's supposed to marry Krystal."

 

"I heard that Krystal left Luhan for Jackson a long time ago, and now he's out for revenge."

 

I walked even faster, letting the clack of my heels tune out the whispers of the students. As much as I liked to be talked about, this thing with Luhan and I was BAD news. If by chance it got to Jackson's ears, then all hell would break loose. Would Luhan say something to Jackson about us? Actually, what 'us' was there? Maybe I shouldn't be over-thinking this... Maybe I could explain that he knew who I was because of business affairs. Yes, business. Strictly business... But, then would those confirm any engage--

 

"KRYSTAL!" I cringed at the familiar voice. As I turned around, I saw Jackson storming down the hallway. He looked angry. And not even y, bed ready angry... more like, he was PISSED and about to chew my head off kind of angry. Maybe if I played my cards right, we could 'get together' for first period so he'll forget everything... maybe even second period?

 

"Jacksonnnnn" I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck as I planted him a kiss. "Why the mad face??"

 

"Why the mad face?" His face sarcastic. "Why the mad face?!" He cackled. I pouted, wanting him to answer me without having to play these games. I lingered my fingers over his chest, giving him a look.

 

"Babe, you aren't angry at me, are you?" Jackson looked down at me, shaking his head as his fingers caressed my baby smooth face.

 

"No, not you. Did I make it sound like that? Sorry." He kissed me on my forehead. "It's that new kid that's pissing me off."

 

My eyes widened. Had Luhan gotten to Jackson before I could?! "New... kid??" I played stupid, seemingly oblivious even though I knew which "new kid" was pissing him off.

 

"Yeah! His name's Lu-han? Hawn? Hun? Or some like that..." Jackson and I started walking towards our first class together. "He's such a piss off! Ever since I met him on Friday--"

 

"Wait, you met him Friday??" I racked my brain, thinking if Luhan had said anything about meeting Jackson. But all that was coming into mind was memories of the dinner where Luhan had butted himself into my personal life. I didn't take in any other information, blocking out the whole conversation throughout dinner.

 

"Yeah!" Jackson held up a clenched fist."I was this close to beating his face off... He thinks he could come here, acting all mighty and ..." He held his fist up in the air, stopping in the middle of the hallway and pointed it to the ceiling. "This afternoon at tryouts, I will show no mercy!"

 

"Jackson! Stop with the pointing at the sky thing! You aren't a Power Ranger for god's sake..." I pulled him out of the hallway, into our first period classroom. As we went to the back to take our usual seats, I thought of what Jackson had said: Luhan was trying out for the basketball team? That little piece of information was still not fitting into the scheme I had already thought out. Why would he possibly want to join the team? Maybe because he knew Jackson was team captain? Wait, what did Jackson have to do with what was going on between Luhan and I? What good would that do for Luhan if he joined the team? I leaned forward, banging my head against the table.

 

What. The. Hell. Was. Happening. To. Me.

 

The bell rang, and class had now begun; it was going to be a usual day in class: lecture and taking notes. I sighed, jotting notes into my notebook as the people around me did otherwise. Some were discreetly texting on their phone, some had fallen asleep on top of their desks or was on the verge of doing so, some were talking amongst their peers in a silent whisper. Only a few, including myself, were taking notes... or at least trying to take notes.

 

I mean, I could be doing other things, but I needed to get my mind submerged into something else, other than this genie crap. Things such as dates and events that had NOTHING to do with the present events and thoughts running through my head right now. Basically, I needed to be distracted by the one thing Luhan could not distract me by, and that was school. Somehow he had started to manage to get into that part of my life, seeing that he was now enrolled here, plus he knew of my test taking tactics. Maybe that was why he had enrolled in this school? To keep an eye on me? To make sure I wasn’t doing such things? Did I interest him that much for him to--

 

"Knock, knock..." All of our attention suddenly turned to the door where the voice had come from. Luhan was leaning against the door with one arm resting on the frame, his ankles crossing each other to play some kind of bad boy stance.

 

Damn it, why did his annoying personality have to match up with the looks of an angel?

 

"Oh! Yes! Oh sir--uhm..." Our teacher dropped the textbook and marker she was holding. I rolled my eyes at the sudden movement as she tried to gather herself up. Luhan looked unaffected though, he actually looked amused. "You must be the new student Luhan... X-I... oh, uhm, Ex--ee? Or maybe it's pronounced 'she' as in...."

 

"Yes ma'am, that's me" Luhan bowed and shook her hand, showing his respects. "Please, just call me Luhan." 

 

"Oh, yes yes, oh-well-my what a handsome young man... uhhhh" Ms. Heights seemed to be caught under his charm. Luhan only smiled, giving her another bow and thanked her for the compliment.

 

"Sorry if I startled you ma'am. It was confusing for me to tell if you were a teacher or a student writing on the board and--" The rest of Luhan's sentences was inaudible due to the many squeals and giggles from the girls around us. I could only roll my eyes, unaffected by the lame kiss- comments. As if on cue, Luhan slightly glared at my direction. I stuck my tongue out at him and he just stood there, letting out a small laugh.

 

"Luhan, why don't you take that empty seat...." Mrs. Heights looked around the classroom. "There by Miss Park in the back, left hand corner?"

 

I looked next to me, and sure enough, there was an empty seat. Looking to my other side, I could see Jackson squirming in his seat, seething in anger at the sight of Luhan. He walked down the aisle with confidence and poise, sitting right beside me with a small grin on his face.

 

"Miss Park, is it?" Luhan asked as he leaned towards me from his desk, taking out a hand, "Hello, my name is Luhan." Oh, so NOW he was going to pretend he didn't know me? After all that BS of being his girlfriend last Friday night and deserting me this whole weekend... he was going to treat me LIKE THIS?!

 

Well, two could play this game.

Luhan

"Hi, I'm Krystal Park" The girl across from me put on a fake, huge smile while firmly shaking my hand. "You know it's funny, because you look like this familiar jackass--"

 

"I'm Jackson!" I noticed Jackson had gotten out of his seat, leaning over Krystal to interrupt her unneeded self-introduction. He grabbed my hand in a forced manner, giving it a squeeze. Judging by the whites of Jackson's knuckles, he was giving too firm of a handshake that would usually make his victim's cringe in fear or intimidation. "Krystal's BOYFRIEND."

 

"Oh, is that so?" I smiled, nodding at the couple. "I believe we've met before... Friday afternoon I believe when you were bullying that b--"

 

"Mr. Wang!" Mrs. Heights announced, making Jackson jump a bit. I admit I got a bit startled too. We all looked at the front of the classroom where the teacher was giving a glare. "I know that everyone would love to get to interact with our new student, but now is not a time for socializing!" She motioned her finger downwards, "Now please sit and pay attention before I give you detention."

 

Jackson let go of my hand roughly, emitting a loud and obvious screeching sound with his desk as he sat down. I looked over at Krystal who was still giving me a glare. She suddenly started flipping through her notebook, coming to a fresh page. She ripped it out of her notebook and started scribbling something on it. Krystal then balled it up and threw it on my desk. I looked at the ball, then her, then the ball of paper on my desk again.

 

They still do this form of communication?

 

WHERE WERE YOU THIS WHOLE WEEKEND?!

 

I looked up at Krystal who had turned her attention to the teacher. Although it looked as if she was paying attention, I saw her look at me every once in a while with her peripheral vision. I could only sit there and shake my head in amusement as I replied back.

 

Do you WISH to know what I have been doing this past weekend?

 

I crumpled the ball once more and tossed it right at her head. She gave me a glare before opening it to read my response. I watched as her eyes widened and turned back to me in annoyance. I could have told her straight up what I had been doing, but it was much more fun to keep the suspense.

Besides preparing myself to play the 'role of the student', I had taken the liberty of researching what the teenagers of this generation apparently loved. I kept myself updated with well-known celebrities, fashion from what was 'in' this season, and the actions of what made a teenager. Never having been through the teenage process of life, I wanted to nail down my teenage boy act to dot. Besides, I’ve had masters that were teenagers before, but that was a LONG time ago; back when it was cool to be carrying around a stereo on your shoulder, back when tie dye shirts were 'the main fashion staple'. Most of my masters nowadays were older adults and would make their wishes within a few days or so. I never would have thought to find myself doing something like this; investing so much time in myself to find out more about my master. It was all for good reasons though, and not selfishly for myself or other curious terms in my mind regarding my master. 

 

I waved for her to toss the paper ball again and she did. I wrote down what I had been really doing over the weekend then balled up the paper to toss it back to her. She opened it and read it, suddenly smiling and shaking her head. Krystal tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, still smiling as she wrote down a response.

 

If her authentic diamond earrings weren't bright enough that smile was... just as bright.

 

I felt a jolt of nerves run through my system. Did I really just think that? About my master? I shook my head at my own disappointment. Maybe it’s been too long since I've... done the manly deed. I glanced over at Krystal. Sure, she was a pretty girl and all, but her character was hard to judge. One minute, she would be the annoying Krystal I saw her to be, and the next minute, she was someone who looked... vulnerable and maybe even helpless... weak. I felt a tap on my head, and I took the ball of paper to read the response.

 

How did you get all the stuff you have now??

 

I looked over at her and she was staring at me, waiting for my response. I answered her by opening my palm, producing a ball of smoke in my hand. After the smoke had disappeared, a cell phone similar to hers appeared. Krystal nodded her head sitting back, taking out her cell phone, only to have her eyes widened again. I had sent her a text message stating how it was easy to get things like this. How I could demonstrate it to her for her own good... if she made a wish.

 

Before Krystal could respond to my text message, the bell had finally rung, dismissing our class. I stood up in a cool fashion, following the students out the classroom. I didn't really bother waiting for Krystal because 1) I didn't want to deal with Jackson who seemed very territorial of Krystal. Though I could handle myself in fights and always make myself seem like the innocent one with my magic, I just wasn't in the mood to do so. 2) I would be seeing Krystal next period anyways.... and the next period after that... and after that period again; basically, I had magically arranged our schedules to be similar.

 

Walking down the hallways, I made my way to my next classroom, not minding the attention I was getting. As usual, a genie always had the natural, attractive charm to them, so getting attention like this was a normal thing. I'm sure even Krystal has a thing for me, whether she liked to admit it or not.

 

Maybe not for my personality, but more for my looks.

 

I rounded towards the corner to the hallway, where my next classroom was. Upon entering the classroom, I felt a vibration in the pocket of my jeans. Taking my cell phone out, I looked at the text message on the screen.

 

To: Luhan

From: Krystal

You still have a LOT of explaining to do mister! Don't think this conversation is over yet, just because I might not have class with you anymore!

 

To: Krystal

From: Luhan

I never said it was over... besides, you have all day to ask me seeing as I've got the same schedule as you.

 

To: Luhan

From: Krystal

WHAT THE HELL?! STALKER MUCH?!

 

I heard a growl of anger coming from the doorway of the classroom as I looked up from the seat I had chosen. Krystal was eyeing me like a prey, and I had to admit that it was y in a way. With the way she was walking towards me with those eyes, my manly self couldn't tell if she was going to attack me ually or with her usually annoyed self.

 

She slammed her hands on my desk, looking straight at me. "YOU HAVE ALL YOUR CLASSES WITH ME?!"

 

I nodded my head. Krystal took a breathed in and out, running her fingers through her hair. "Why? Do you not want me to be here for you, master?" I leaned in, giving her a sensual stare. "You know... if I bother you so much, maybe you should make those two wishes now and--"

 

"O-M-G! AARGH! SHUT UP!" Krystal replied in annoyance, covering her ears with her hands. She walked off to the opposite side of the room, sitting in the farthest chair away from mine. I smiled. Genies had to learn how to have fun every once in a while too, you know?

 

And seeing Krystal act like so, was enough fun for me.


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngOfficially Posted On

August 22, 2015