She's a Knock Out!

Princess Charming

Zelo POV

Sweat drenched my back and rolled down my face, neck and chest as I danced into the 10th hour. We were preparing for our new comeback and I was especially nervous. This dance was harder than any one we had ever done before, and it had to be perfect. I did another turn and then suddenly my back connected with the floor.

Himchan's voice reached me quickly. "Zelo baby, you should probably stop soon, you are so hot your slipping on your own sweat!" He said half playfully half seriously. Then turning to Bang hyung, "Can't we stop now??" He asked. When Hyung didn't answer, Himchan slid up beside him and lightly tugged at his arm. "Heeyuuung!!" He pouted, staring up at Bang with puppy eyes.

"..." Yonggook hyung didn't say anything at first but looking from Himchan to me again, he sighed. "Fine, I know you're tired, but before we go to sleep we all have to eat something. I don't want anyone to get sick."

I sat down on the floor and quietly thanked the heavens that Bang Yonggook was our leader. Everyone else was already moving to the doors but I wanted to sit and catch my breath some more. Himchannie knew it and just nodded at me to remind me to come home soon. I just looked steadily at him to tell him that I had received his message loud and clear.

Finally they all left, Himchan and Yonggook practically attached at the hip, and I was alone in blissful silence. I leaned against the cool glass of the mirror. I loved the feel of it against my skin. It was calming, slowing my racing heart and softening my breath. I took my finger and drew little patterns in the fog that my breath created, giggling at the funny end product. Man was I tired!

The door to the studio opened, and since the hyungs had turned off the lights, the only thing I saw was a female silhouette. I looked some more before it moved cautiously inside the room.

"I'm sorry" the voice said. "I didn't realize that the room was still occupied."

I recognized the voice suddenly. It was our new manager noona, Lilly I think...

"Noona?" I asked as I stood up. She looked at me and suddenly recognized me. "What are you doing here?" I continued without confirmation as to whether it was her or not.

"My friend and I were going to meet here and practice dance with my choreographer friend...”

I nodded. Hearing but not fully understanding.

"I'm going to go get some water. If my friend comes, please have her wait here for me."  She said moving to the door again. Sometime during this conversation the lights had been but I really don't know when. I nodded again but it was too late for her to see.

I stood up slowly, feeling very tired and hungry. Grabbing my bag and my water I slowly shuffled to the door.

As I moved over the threshold, a large mass smacked into me, forcing me to fall back and pull it with me. My head hit the wood under my head harder than I expected and I saw stars around the beautiful face that suddenly filled my vision.

Then everything faded to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly flickered open and i saw the face. A long nose that fit well with the smooth cheek bones and jaw. Her eyes were a greenish brown that contrasted well with her short blond hair. She gasped and immediately began to apologize.

"I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you? Are you ok? You are soaked, how long were you practicing? You look pale. Zelo, you can't dance for so long that you get sick!" I blinked, surprised at how fast she was talking.

I sat up and immediately started to fall again.

"Zelo!" She said. Her hands caught my upper arm and the back of my neck as she laid me down again. She continued to hover over me until Lilly noona returned, which probably wasn't very long, but surprisingly felt like hours.

Not that that's a bad thing.

"What happened?!" She asked when she saw us.

"It was all my fault" blond girl said. "I wasn't looking and I ran into him when he was leaving."

"Oh Ella..." Lilly said, shaking her head. "It had to be him too..."

I was confused but too out of it to ask or even care.

"Can you stand?" she asked me, suddenly taking over. I nodded and began my slow ascent to a normal standing position. I felt her grip on me tighten as I swayed.

"Be careful!" Ella said frantically. I watched as Lilly looked over at her with an understanding look and said "as always."

When I was up, she decided it wouldn't be good to just leave me standing, so she sat me down on a nearby chair.

"I think he probably hit his head," she said to Ella. To me she said, "Stay here, I will call Yonggook and tell him to come for you. Meanwhile, I'll go pick up some medicine for you. Ella will watch you for now." With that she her heal and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what seemed like an eternity I regained enough strength to sit up from where I had been slouching. After I finally was up and sitting, Ella reached into her bag and pulled out some banana milk. My eyes widened as she put the straw into the carton and held it up to my lips.

"Drink." She said. "You need the sugar."

"It's yours." I protested.

"I brought it to replenish my energy after I danced." She said, prodding my mouth again with the straw. "Since I haven't danced yet, I still have all my energy." I started to say something else, but she gave me a look that said 'if you don't drink, you will regret it.'

I finally gave in and took the sweet drink. I almost moaned as the milk hit my tongue. My eyes closed and my head tilted back almost instantly.

"HEY? Are you okay??" She panicked. My eyes shot open and her face was centimeters from mine. She blinked when she realized our proximity.

She started to retreat back to a safe distance, but I quickly reached out and put my hand behind her head, stoping any further movement.

Her eyes pulled me in and suddenly she seemed very vulnerable.

She was a fan; she had to be. She spoke to me with the informality of people who have been friends for years and she seemed eager to be close to me. But I didn't mind. I continued to gaze into the green and black pools on her face. They seemed to hold so much emotion. Worry, happiness, some sort of love... And... Sadness?

That broke my heart.

I don't know why, but it hurt to see her sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. Her eyes drifted down to the floor. "Why are you sad?" I tried again.

"I'm sad because..." She paused, her cheeks blushed and she bit her lip slightly.

"Because..." I prompted.

"Because I know I won't see you again after tonight!" She said quickly, still avoiding my eyes.

We sat in silence for a while. I didn't know what to say. For many fans the fact that we would probably never see each other again was very true; but somehow, I didn't want this to be true for her. I WANTED to see her again.

"It doesn't have to be that way."  I said quietly. She looked up at me, shock, wonder, and tears shining in her eyes.

"What?" She asked, shock peeking out from behind her attempted poker face.

"What?" I said back. "I don't know you, and this is crazy, but you seem interesting, so..." She looked at me expectantly, her eyes carrying at least 100 emotions at once. "So, date me maybe?" I said finally.

Her eyes lit up and she giggled at the little reference I made to Carly-Rae Jepsen.

I could tell this was going to be a fun relationship as we sat side by side and began talking about Banana Milk.