it's magic

Oops!

The Kim brothers were always teased by their classmates; always bullied because they were never normal. Life as a Kim was never easy, especially with bullies that made fun of every defect that they had.

The Kim’s were three brothers: An older 16 year old and twin 10 year olds.

They were bullied and belittled but they were a strong three, because they were born and raised to have good manners and right conduct.

“Jongwoon Hyung I don’t want to go to school today!” The youngest, Dongwoo tugged at his brother’s sleeve. The older leveled down to his brother and smoothed his hair.

“Why Dongwoo?” He asked with a small smile.

“There’s this Howon boy who picks on me and bullies me! He calls me a dinosaur!” Dongwoo was in tears.

“That’s why our classmates pick on us! You are a cry baby!” his older twin Jonghyun sighed next to him and the younger sobbed.

“Jonghyun, what did I tell you about calling Dongwoo a cry baby?” Jongwoon raised a brow.

“it’s bad to call him names. I’m sorry Dongwoo. I am a bad hyung.” Jonghyun said and hugged the twin who sniffled but accepted the older’s apologies.

“So who is this Howon boy?” Jongwoon asked as he led the twins out of the door and walked towards their school.

“He picks on me really bad.” Dongwoo shivered as he recalled the stuff Howon did to him so far.

“He dumps lunch on our heads, trip us on purpose and call us dinosaurs!” Jonghyun enumerated which made Dongwoo tear up.

“Really? let it go~ Let it go~” Jongwoon sang the part which made the two giggle.

“Hyung has the best voice ever!” Dongwoo was delighted every time he hears his older brother sing.

“Hi Dongwoo! Jonghyun! Jongwoon hyung!” they heard three voices and the Kim’s greeted them back.

‘The hamster triplets!” Jonghyun and Dongwoo exclaimed at the same time and made Jongwoon chuckled.

‘hi Sunggyu, Henry and Jinki hyung!” the two continued.

“Can we join you?” The triplets asked in unison and the twins nodded.

“Has Kibum, Woohyun and Kyuhyun stopped teasing you three?” Jongwoon asked and the three shook their heads. “Why do they have to do this? I’ll talk to their brothers!” Jongwoon said and the five immediately tried to stop the eldest from doing a grave mistake.

‘please don’t !” Dongwoo begged and Jongwoon gave him a smile.

“I’ll give them this last chance okay? If they bully you again, I’ll make sure to talk to them!” Jongwoon said and the five nodded.

---

The five entered their classroom and immediately the class went silent. They took their usual seats at the back and waited for the teachers to come. First period was boring but that meant peace to the five, especially to Dongwoo.

“Ms. Park, the dino is not listening to you!” They heard a familiar voice and Dongwoo turned to see a grinning Howon.

“Dongwoo, can you repeat what I just said?” Ms. Park said and Dongwoo shook his head. “Can you read the words on the board?” She asked but Dongwoo just shook his head. “Stay after class and write a thousand word essay regarding Merlin.” She finished just as the bell rang.

Dongwoo sighed and took out his pad and a pencil; he should get started on the essay.

“I can’t believe you Dongwoo, you knew the answer!” Jonghyun hissed but Dongwoo just gave him a warm smile.

‘Please protect the hamsters.” Dongwoo replied and Jonghyun just sighed. “Take care!” Jonghyun patted him on his shoulders and went with the triplets.

“So the tiny dino is punished for bad behavior!” He heard that mocking voice but chose to just play dumb and deaf. “Are you really dumb dino boy?” Howon continued but Dongwoo just ignored it. “I am talking to you!” Howon was pissed now and took the pad from Dongwoo.

‘Please hand me back my pad, I need to finish my essay.” Dongwoo asked politely.

‘Hell No! You should get detention and not just some puny essay for punishment.” Howon continued.

“Please, I am asking you kindly.” Dongwoo said, gritting his teeth.

‘If you can get it from me pipsqueak!” Howon laughed as he ran out of the classroom and towards the open field where the others were enjoying free period.

“Please give it to me!” Dongwoo was almost in tears.” Dongwoo begged but Howon wasn’t budging.

With the last of his patience slipping from his body, Dongwoo clenched his fists and closed his eyes. His hair stood and the color of his skin turned a different color. Everyone was shocked and fear curdled in their blood as Dongwoo transformed into a monster; they ran away from the open field and went back to their classrooms.

“Oh My god Dongwoo!” Jonghyun shouted and rushed towards his brother’s classroom.

Dongwoo continued to grow, his skin turned into lizard like, his hands and feet looked liked hooves and his neck stretched high.

‘oh my god!” The hamster triplets gasped in fear, their bodies slowly contorting and hairs grew out of their body. Jinki, Sunggyu and Henry now became their animal counterparts and they hid under their uniforms.

They heard a loud roar and Howon was frozen as he looked at the giant brachiosaurus in front of him. He pointed a finger at Dongwoo who lowered his head to look at the boy. Howon took a step back, too afraid to ran to save his life. The dinosaur looked like he wanted to eat him alive.

Howon was so scared that he actually peed his pants as he stumble down on the grass, he used the paper as his shield.

“Dongwoo stop this!” Jongwoon shouted and the dinosaur looked at the brother and nodded, internalizing himself as the fragile kid Dongwoo.

His body contorted and his skin turned to a normal color, his body turned from a monster back to its human form. Jonghyun quickly took out a spare uniform from his bag and gave it to Dongwoo.

‘I’m sorry” Dongwoo bowed to Howon then walked back to his brothers. “I’m sorry” he then bowed to Jongwoon.

The older hugged his brother. “It’s okay Dongwoo, I’m not mad.” Jongwoon said then went towards the three piles of clothes. ‘Sunggyu? Jinki? Henry?” Jongwoon called out and the three hamsters peeked from the neck hole of their uniform.

“Come here, we’ll take you home!” Jongwoon smiled and the three hamsters hurriedly crawled to Jongwoon’s hands while Dongwoo and Jonghyun took their uniforms.

“Wait!” They heard someone stop them and saw a panting Howon. ‘You’re a shape shifter?” the boy asked and Jongwoon nodded.

“Do you have a problem with that?” Jongwoon asked and Howon hesitated for a bit.

“That’s so cool! I was so scared that I peed my pants dude! But awesome!!!!” Howon excitedly announced which made Dongwoo and Jonghyun laugh at the same time. “Wow even your laugh is cool.” He said with a small blush on his cheeks. “Uhm do you eat humans?” Howon asked as he joined the brothers walking back to the classroom to get their bags (and for Howon to change his pants).

“My brother can but us? Nah.. vegetarian dinos..” Dongwoo answered and Howon nodded.

“Really cool Dongwoo. I’m really sorry for teasing you..It’s just that..” Howon paused then eyed the two brothers and the three hamsters then looked away. “..It’s fun to tease you. I need to change” Howon quickly ran towards his locker.

“Because I was fun to tease? Yah jerk!” Dongwoo hissed which made the rest laugh.

---

‘We’re graduating high school!” Dongwoo was excitedly bouncing on the bed as he read the confirmation for their graduation.

“Calm down Dongwoo, I don’t want you to ruin the bed and the roof when you accidentally transform because you got so excited when Howon invited you for a sleepover.” Jonghyun smirked as the younger pouted.

“It’s Hoya now, just like Jinki hyung is now Onew.” Dongwoo corrected his brother. “Well I’m sorry for forgetting your boyfriend’s nickname.” Jonghyun apologized sarcastically.

‘He’s not my boyfriend!” Dongwoo reminded his twin.

“Like yeah, you two spend so much time together yet you are not together? Like come on, you like each other!” Jonghyun explained but Dongwoo shook his head. “We are best friends!” Dongwoo pouted.

“Yeah denial, I used to say that about Jinki hyung and look where it got me…” Jonghyun was a bit sad about it. “..Friend-zoned.” Dongwoo finished.

“rub it in Dongwoo. Rub it in.” Jonghyun said bitterly and Dongwoo hugged his twin. ‘I’m so sorry jjongie!!” Dongwoo said and the two laughed, nothing like a lovely twin embrace.

“hey guys, ready yet?” Jongwoon knocked on the door and the two nodded. ‘Come one let’s go, you don’t want to be late for Myungsoo’s birthday!” Jongwoon said and the twins hurriedly ran to the door with Jongwoon laughing hysterically at the twin brothers. “You’re already 18 but I guess you’re stuck at being 10.” Jongwoon really loved his twin brothers.

They arrived at the Kim mansion and their jaws drop at how rich the Kim siblings are.

“Jongwoon hyung!!” they heard three voices and the Kim brothers waved at them.

“Sunggyu hyung!! Are you excited for Myungsoo’s birthday party? What’s your gift?’ Dongwoo asked and Sunggyu blushed a bit.

“Hey Sunggyu, you really like Myungsoo? You’re not afraid of his Feline Diva brothers?” Jongwoon asked and Sunggyu’s mouth gaped making Jongwoon chuckle.

“Don’t do that hyung, he took 10 hours to put this outfit together.” Henry chimed in and Sunggyu glared at him.

“I did not!” Sunggyu protested.

“More like 12 hours.” Onew corrected him.

“Sunggyu hyung!!!!!” they heard the birthday boy and all of them waved and greeted the running 17 year old. “I’m so happy you came!!!” Myungsoo instantly hugged him and Sunggyu blushed. “Happy birthday Myungsoo!” He greeted softly.

“Where’s my gift?” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu nervously handed a neatly wrapped box. ‘can I open it?” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu nodded. The boy hurriedly unwrapped the box to reveal a jet black collar with rhinestone. “Oh my god hyung this is really beautiful!!! I love it!!” Myungsoo was jumping for joy.

“you can wear it as a bracelet in your human form then wear it as a collar when you transform.” Sunggyu explained and Myungsoo gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Thanks Hyung!” Myungsoo said then wore the collar on his left hand.

“Let’s party!!!!” Myungsoo invited them to the mansion’s main ballroom.

“oh yeah, he only had eyes for Sunggyu, he didn’t even notice us.” Onew said and the twin dinos laughed making Sunggyu glare at them.

The party was extravagant and Jongwoon left the teens to meet Myungsoo’s brother Heechul.

“Great party Heechul hyung, the cat is definitely an animal of luxury.” Jongwoon said as he joined them.

“You know me t-rex, I’m fabulous.” Heechul remarked.

“Hey Jongwoon hyung, have you seen Henry?” A boy with bunny ears asked and he nodded, gesturing to the small group of teens at one corner. “Oh my how cute is that hamster I want to eat him!” he remarked and Heechul rolled his eyes.

“Ryeowook, you can’t eat him, you’re a rabbit! You are in the same rodent family as them.” Heechul said and Ryeowook pouted.

“Well, shape shifters of the same family, stick together.” Ryeowook remarked and made his way towards the teens.

“The nerve of that rabbit!” Heechul hissed and Jongwoon chuckled.

“You know him. So How are you holding up?” Jongwoon asked and Heechul smirked.

“Fine.. You know me Jongwoon, I can handle anything.” Heechul said.

“So dating a wizard isn’t bad?” Jongwoon asked and Heechul smirked.

“Way better honey. The Chinese accent adds to the effect.” Heechul replied and raised his glass.

“Oh good for you!” Jongwoon said and raised his glass too.

“I’ll let you meet his Korean brother, you could get along with him.” Heechul said and Jongwoon shook his head.

“Just as long as he’s not going to freak out when he sees me shape shift.” Jongwoon uttered and Heechul laughed.

“Just make sure you don’t eat him.” Heechul said and the two laughed.

“Heechul hyung...” They heard a voice and the two looked at the diva in his tailored suit and extravagant bling.

“Yes Kibum?” Heechul asked and the diva rolled his eyes.

“It’s Key hyung KEY!” the diva emphasized and Heechul glared at him.

“So?” Heechul asked and Key sighed.

“Have you seen Namu?” Key asked and Heechul pointed at the cherry blossom tree in the middle of the main hall of the Kim Mansion. “Not that tree, the bunny Woohyun!” Key said irritatingly.

“Oh that tree. Hmmm check with your brother, might be teasing Myungsoo’s boyfriend.” Heechul said and Key thanked him.

“You sure you don’t want a rodent as a boyfriend?” Jongwoon asked and Heechul shook his head.

“Nope, i would stay with sons of Merlin.” Heechul said then turned to his drink.

---

“What are your plans for prom?” Dongwoo asked Onew who was picking on his cake with lack of interest.

“Nothing much, if it’s not required i am not going.” Onew confessed and Dongwoo gave him an apologetic look.

“No one interests you hyung?” Dongwoo asked and Onew shook his head but his eyes focused on the boy who was talking to a witch by the name of SeKyung. Dongwoo gave an apologetic smile and sighed. “It’s ok hyung, you don’t need to have a date to have fun at the prom.” Dongwoo said and Onew smiled at him.

“Thanks Dongwoo!” Onew said happily.

“Hyung you will have me as date for prom right????” Myungsoo was bouncing up and down which forced the older to nod and got himself in a tight embrace.

“great, Sunggyu got himself a date!” Henry said as he joined the group.

“You don’t have one?” Ryeowook asked beside him and the hamster nodded. “I’m available!” Ryeowook said and Henry broke into a wide smile.

“You sure? Okay!” Henry was smiling wide and that made Onew just a tad bit sad about all of it. Dongwoo had that feeling so he placed his hand on the older’s shoulders.

“Hey, everyone meet SeKyung, she’ll be my date for prom!” Jonghyun announced and everyone gave him a warm smile.

“Great bro!” Dongwoo said and then turned to the hamster next to him .

“Oh How about you hyung?” Jonghyun asked Onew who shrugged his shoulders.

“I am not interested in anyone right now.” Onew said and then returned to his cake.

Just as the atmosphere became awkward, the lights were dimmed and a spotlight on the stage was lit on.

“oh, is this a surprise? I didn’t know this was in the program.” Myungsoo uttered and everyone was shocked at what they saw on stage. It was a Barney costume and the song was playing in the back ground.

Then barney started to rap and everyone was cheering with him.

“Can barney rap?” Dongwoo asked Onew who shook his head.

“I like you, do you too? Can i spend my prom with you? Be my valentine please Kim Dongwoo. Just say yes and be my boo.” The barney sang then took off his barney head piece and walked to Dongwoo and gave him a rose.

“You mean it?” Dongwoo asked and Hoya nodded. “I’d love too!” Dongwoo replied and everyone was applauding for them.

---

“I’m really happy for you Dongwoo!” Jonghyun said as they tucked themselves in their bed after the very long and tiring birthday party they just attended.

“Thanks Jjong..May I just ask, why did you invite SeKyung for the prom?” Dongwoo asked and Jonghyun sighed.

“we’re both available .” Jonghyun just answered and Dongwoo sighed.

“Onew hyung was available too.” Dongwoo said and Jonghyun chuckled.

“I’m Sure Minho would be available for him.” Jonghyun said and then closed his eyes.

---

Prom night came and Hoya was nervously pacing inside the Kim’s humble living room. “Relax!” Jongwoon said as he gave Hoya a glass of water.

“Thanks hyung!” Hoya thanked the older and drank the water offered to him. Just when he was calm enough, Dongwoo went down to meet him which made Hoya’s heart skip a beat.

“Hi Hoya!” Dingwoo greeted and the boy was just staring at him with mouth open. “Do i have something on my face?” Dongwoo asked and Hoya just blankly shook his head .

“Oh my god i’m sorry for staring!” Hoya said as he regained his composure. He then grinned at the dino shape shifter and clapped his hands. There was purple glitter and smoke then a corsage appeared on Hoya’s palms.

“For you!” Hoya exclaimed and DOngwoo was wide eyed and smiling.

”Your magic is so cool!” Dongwoo said as he looked at the purple rose on his date’s hands.

“You are cool too.” Dongwoo said blushing as Hoya attached the corsage on Dongwoo’s coat.

“Get along now, or you’ll be late!” Jongwoon said and sent them off for their prom.

“Bye hyung!” the two said then boarded Hoya’s car and drove off towards their school auditorium.

==

The party was on full blast already as they arrived. The hamster brothers and their dates were already partying while Onew sat on the table alone and flicking through his phone.

“Hi hyung!” Dongwoo greeted him and Onew gave him a warm smile.

“Hi! Oh Hoya, you look dashing. The others are there.. Go have fun!” Onew said then turned back to his phone.

“Is it me or he’s a bit gloomy.” Hoya said and Dongwoo sighed. “He likes Jonghyun but Jonghyun as Sekyung for his prom date.” Dongwoo explained and Hoya felt sorry for the hamster.

“But your twin liked Onew hyung right?” Hoya asked and Dongwoo nodded.

“They are very complicated!” Dongwoo said as they went to the middle of the dance floor and started dancing like there’s no tomorrow.

The music was blasting loud and the two were enjoying themselves. The students already made a large circle for the two as they danced to their heart’s content. Hoya was doing some popping while Dongwoo was busting a few moves on his own.

Onew was bored on his own and just sighed as his bird hit another tunnel and landed flat on the ground.

“Hey!” A voice called out and Onew spared the owner of the voice a glance. “No date?” The voice asked and Onew hurriedly closed his phone and tucked it inside his coat pocket.

“obviously.” Onew replied and took his drink.

“Me too.” the other said and Onew looked at him with disgust.

“Yeah right.” Onew said then suddenly walked towards the exit.

“Hey wait hyung please listen to me.” the younger said as he tried to catch up with the hyung.

“What would you say Jonghyun? I know your date is waiting for you.” Onew said as he stopped and face Jonghyun, the younger bumping into him and falling into the ground with their lips touching.

It took a full minute for Onew to realize and tried to push the younger off of him. But Jonghyun took the chance to deepen the kiss, closing his eyes in the process. Onew did not the respond and it broke Jonghyun’s heart that tears suddenly spilled from his eyes and landed on Onew’s cheeks. He then immediately stood then walked away, leaving a dumbfounded Onew lying on the floor.

--

When it was time to announce the prom king and queen, the lights suddenly turned off and Dongwoo was feeling something at the pits of his stomach. The spotlight went on and Hoya was smirking as he hed the microphone and rapped in full speed.

For some, the speed made the words unrecognizable but to Dongwoo, the words were clear as the new moon. Hoya then walked towards the date and knelt in front of the man and asked him to be his boyfriend. Dongwoo was excited and happy that he couldn’t control his feels anymore. His body started to contort as his skin color changed.

Dongwoo transformed into a dinosaur and Hoya was grinning wide and proud at the boyfriend. The height of the dinosaur reached the roof and bored a hole where his head shoot up, debris fell on the floor.

‘You know what, this form made me love you more!” Hoya announced and the dinosaur let out a roar. He then chanted a few words as Dongwoo shrunk and Purple smoke covered Dongwoo’s body and repaired the roof.

Dongwoo hugged the Hoya who was smiling wide at the boyfriend.

“I love you too!” Dongwoo said and kissed him on the lips.

-----

A/n: this is Fail i am so sorry!