Chapter Six

The Biggest Scandal
Jaejoong is having a dilemma.

Despite what happened last night wherein his face was miraculously saved from being embarrassed by the help of Yunho, he doesn’t want to continue this lie anymore.

He’s not a superficial person but he thinks that Changmin having a boyfriend is heaven’s way of getting back at him, a karma for all of the wrong things he has done. He believes that more bad lucks will come his way if he doesn’t correct this as soon as possible. More people are becoming involved in this madness and he doesn’t want to burden them anymore.

One of them is Yunho. He really surprised Jaejoong last night. First is that he showed up at the party. Jaejoong didn’t expect that because he saw how much Yunho hated the idea no matter how much he begged him. If he was in Yunho’s shoes, he will also reject it right away. Everyone knows how scary the prosecutor is, and if you impersonate a person like that, even God knows you will have to spend your in jail for a lifetime. And yet he still went for him. He even comforted him when he found out that Changmin already has a special someone.

He blushed at the thought of how Yunho comforted him. The guy didn’t unwrap his arms around him even after he finished crying. He rubbed his back and his hair until he felt very calm and stopped sobbing.

Both of them stayed silent throughout the whole ride until they reached Jaejoong’s apartment. Yunho kissed his forehead and drove-off leaving him extremely shocked with his heart feeling like it’s going to burst in any minute.

This is one of the reasons why he should end his lie right away even if he’ll lose his face. Yunho is a very nice guy. What if someone took a picture of him at the party and posted it on the internet with a caption like 'See the real face of the one and only Prosecutor Jung Yunho'?, he’s sure that the real prosecutor will not stay quiet and will sue him this time. He cannot do that to Yunho, the poor guy’s life will be ruined and it will be all because of his stupidity.

He has to move fast before that happens. And the first step of correcting his mistakes is visiting the real prosecutor himself to apologize and ask for forgiveness. Of course he has to prepare something.

He hoped that the prosecutor’s favorite food is googleable.
 
Ω

Yunho is irritated.

Very angry at himself.

After driving Jaejoong off at his apartment, he immediately left without even getting his number.

How is he ever going to meet the pretty guy again? He can’t just go into his apartment saying, ‘Hey, I was around the corner and thought I should drop by and say hello’. That’ll be a lame excuse. A very very lame and shameful excuse.

Maybe he can ask Changmin for his number. The problem is, he can’t face his cousin. He left very early in the morning because he doesn’t know yet how to explain what happened in that party and he knows that he will be nagged to death until he spill all the details.

He stood up to get a cup of coffee. Actually, he can ask Tiffany to get it for him but somehow he needed to walk around to clear his mind. He is paid to do labor, he never thinks about his personal problems at the office before because for him, being a professional means separating real life and work.

He is in the middle of self-reflecting when he entered the coffee room with two female employees happily chatting while drinking coffee.

“What are you talking about? Care to share it to me?”

Their face whitened when they recognized the voice. Normally, their boss wouldn’t get his coffee on his own.

“Nothing sir, we’ll get back to work.”

They bowed their heads and hurriedly wanted to get out of the room. But Yunho isn’t done with them yet.

“Didn’t you hear what I just told you? I said, share what you’re talking about to me.”

They just kept quiet and continue to stare at the floor. The prosecutor is scarier than usual. Of all the times they can bump into him, he had to be in a very bad mood.

“The tax-payers or the citizens of Korea are paying us salaries to do our jobs and not to fool around and do nonsense. Am I making myself clear?”

They nodded their heads and quickly went back to their designated tables. Yunho made his coffee and went to his office. Not too long after, Tiffany called him from the speaker.

“What is it?”

“Sir, Kim Jaejoong is here to see you.”

Okay that, Yunho did not expect. There are a lot of questions popping out on his mind right now. A few of them are why is Jaejoong here? Did he find out that Yunho is Jung Yunho?

Nah, that’s impossible, we’re talking about Jaejoong here, Kim Jaejoong.

“Uhh...sir?”

Oh no, he spaced out for a while. He needs to think fast. That’s what his good at, thinking of a solution in a blink of an eye.

“Tell him I’m not here. Tell him Jung Yunho died already.”

“I can’t do that sir, he’s right in front of me and I just want to let you know that you are on speaker phone, sir.”

Yunho face palmed himself. Talk about humiliation.

Then he realized that Jaejoong might recognize his voice so he lowered it the lowest possible tone he can produce.

“How can I help you Mr. Kim?” He cursed himself for sounding like a robot.

Jaejoong was quite surprised at the real prosecutor. He didn’t imagine him to be this…weird.

“I need to talk to you about something, sir. I think you know what it’s about. Can you spare me a moment?”

Just hearing the voice of Jaejoong is making Yunho want to go out and hug him like there’s no tomorrow. He remembered the feeling holding the smaller man in his arms and the fact that he is just a few meters away from him is making Yunho lose his self-control.

“I can’t. I’m very busy right now. I’ll call you next time. Just give your number to Tiffany.” He wants to cry for sounding so ridiculous in front of the man that he likes.

Yes, after last night, he finally realized that he likes Jaejoong. His problem is, he doesn’t know how to court someone. All of his past girlfriends and boyfriends confessed to him first and he only said yes because of his stupid hormonal needs.

“Okay, I’ll leave the lunch that I’ve made you here. If you don’t want it, I’ll just give it to your secretary.” Jaejoong disappointedly said and left. He really thought that he would finally meet Mr. Jung today.

After Jaejoong left, Tiffany eyed the speaker phone curiously. It’s the first time she saw her boss act so strange. What’s up with his robotic way of speaking? And that guy who is pretending to be her boss’s fiancé, she didn’t expect him to be so breath-taking. Her boss is one hell of a lucky guy, too bad he didn’t get to meet him in person. She is sure that he will fall in love with him at first sight. In her case, drool at first sight. Then she saw the lunch that the angel made for him. Is the taste as heavenly as his face? She wants to find out.

“Sir, can I eat the lunch the pretty guy just left?”

“Touch it and see what will happen.” Yunho said back to his normal, scary and threatening voice.
 
Ω

After finishing the best meal he ever had, which only frustrated him because it only made him want Jaejoong more, his phone rang and it’s none other than his annoying cousin.

“What?”

He asked with a tired voice. He really can’t deal with the teasing of Changmin now that he’s having mix emotions.

“We have a problem hyung.” Changmin’s tone is serious, and when you equate Changmin to being serious, it means that something bad really happened.

“What happened?”

“Your face is all over the television. Yoochun said that their president approved them to publicize your pictures to increase the program’s rates.”

Kim Heechul—that bastard! Actually, if Heechul did this a few months ago before he met Jaejoong, he wouldn’t mind his face being publicized. He is not a famous celebrity anyway so not all people would be interested in him. But why now? Why show his face to the whole world now when he has a certain someone whom he doesn’t want to know what his face looks like?

He hung up his phone and headed towards his car.
 
Ω

Jaejoong is stuck in traffic. He stared outside the window of his car looking very depressed. He really thought that he can apologize to Mr. Jung today. He sighed, he should’ve made an appointment first.

He noticed that all are looking at the big screen in the building. Perhaps a very important news is being showed.

Then he saw his nightmare, his biggest fear, the reason why he went to the prosecutor’s office today. He saw the face of his friend Yunho on the screen with Prosecutor Jung Yunho written on top of his head.