Final

I Should've Known
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Jongin-oppa! Can we go to the amusement park?" Chohee said happily as she skipped down the stairs.

"Yah! Be careful! Don't skip down the stairs, you might fall and hurt yourself!" Kai said rushing to her said making sure she was okay.

"It's okay oppa! So can we go to the amusement park?" Chohee chirped.

"Sorry... I have some group meetings to attend," he said and flashed a smile.

Chohee knew that smile better than anyone, it was a fake smile. She would know because she was the one who uses it all the time. How long has it been since they were going out? 5 years? Each day she could feel the relationship between her and Kai falling apart. He was drifting further and further away, and she couldn't do anything to bring that gap closer.

"Nah! It's okay! We'll go another day!" Chohee said flashing a fake smile.

Back then, Kai would notice the fake smiles immediately, but now...? He wouldn't notice it at all like there were things going through his mind constantly.

"Sorry baby. Yeah, we'll go another day," he said pecking her on the forehead before quickly grabbing his jacket and leaving the house.

Chohee did a small goodbye way, but it's not like he saw anyways. She sighed and grabbed her coat. She wanted to get away from the house, because if she stayed there any longer. It would only remind her of him, and she really didn't want to think of him at the moment. Chohee left the house and arrived at a cafe, Beans 'n Cream. She went in and ordered a white chocolate mocha before sitting down and waited for the coffee. The coffee shop was right across from the park and she would often see many different happy couples walk by the cafe and sometimes enter the cafe.

Chohee began to think about all the recent events that have been going on in her lately. Then it all went back to her relationship with Kai. She scoffed, he couldn't even remember their 3rd anniversary let alone their 4th and 5th. Everyday he would leave and come back. He didn't spend any time with her as much as he use to during the first 2 years.

Suddenly a cup of white chocolate mocha was placed in front of her and she looked up.

"Oh hey Minseok oppa," she sighed as she took the cup into her hands. Letting the warmth flow into her hands.

"What's up with your gloominess?" he commented once he noticed that she didn't greet him like she usually did all cheerful and happy.

"Relationship problems?" Chohee responded as she looked away from him and out the window.

"Oh. What did Kai do this time?" Minseok asked as he sat down in the seat across from her.

"It's nothing really," she said waving her hand in front of her face and gave him her best fake smile.

Minseok, being her older brother practically, saw through it the first thing. Minseok and Chohee has been friends since childhood and thought of each other as really close siblings more than anything.

"Stop telling me lies and tell me what's really on your mind," he sighed, hating to see her hurting like this.

"It's just that it seems like our relationship is falling apart. We never spend any time together anymore," Chohee sighed as she took a sip from her mocha.

"You know Chohee. I'm going to say this for your own good...-" Minseok started to say before he saw that Chohee wasn't paying attention anymore, but more to something outside.

He followed her gaze outside and saw him, Kai and another girl and they were kissing. He looked back at Chohee who just started to tear up and her grip on the coffee cup started to shake.

"I should've known..." she mumbled and laughed as her tears started to roll down her cheeks.

Chohee is a strong girl, but how long can she last? Minseok thought starting to worry.

"Chohee-ah..." Minseok said starting to reach out to comfort her but she just quickly stood up.

"I'm fine! I have to go somewhere quickly. I'll see you another time!" Chohee said with a fake smile plastered on her face and tears continued to roll down her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter