Kiss the Rain

Kiss the Rain

As I said in the foreword, listen to this song while reading this ! Thank youuuu !

 

Sehun’s POV

                Relationship is not about fluff and sweet moments, it is also about fights and challenges. Relationship is bittersweet. All you need to do is to ease the bitterness and pain before you taste the sweetness of love.

“Why are you late Luhan ?” I asked as soon as he entered our apartment.

“Sorry Sehun, I just finished our practice, I’ll shower first.” He said weakly, then he went to the bathroom.

“Luhan ! Im not done talking to you !” I yelled, he looked at me lazily, he dropped his bag and face me.

“What’s your problem Sehun ?” he said calmly

“It’s our 2nd anniversary Luhan !” I roared, his eyes widen, then he looked at the calendar.

“I’m sorry Sehun, I’m really sor~” he didn’t finished his sentence because his phone rang. “ Sorry Sehun, but I need to go, Coach needs to talk to me.”

“Luhan !” I called, but he didn’t look at me, I grab the nearest thing that I can get and threw it to him. The sound of shattering glass echoed in the room. He looked at me with wide eyes, then his gaze landed on the broken thing. I gasped when I saw his project broken into pieces. “I- I’m ~”

“What hell is your problem Sehun ? Why did you threw that ? I need to pass that tomorrow morning. All of my efforts are wasted. Damn !” he growled

“I’m sorry, I just want you to give some time to me, I just want to be with you.”

“What do you want me to do ? Do you want me to spend my whole day with you and let my team lose ? Tomorrow is our tournament. Stop being self centered Sehun.”

“Soccer ! Soccer ! Damn that soccer ! Marry that ing soccer Luhan !” I cried, he just shook his head then he left me.

 

Luhan’s POV

                It’s our soccer tournament today, Sehun is not watching our game because of what happened last night. It was our 6th fight in the week, last, last night, he get mad because I didn’t chose him as my partner for our project. The other day, he got mad because I didn’t kiss him before I went to the practice.

“What the hell !” I yelled to one of the members of our opposite team, he pushed me.

“Jerk huh ? Do you want us to have a 1 on 1 game ?”

“Sure, tomorrow.” I smirked

                The game is over, as expected, we won. But I’m still upset because of Sehun. Maybe we just need space, so we can miss each other.

“See you tomorrow Jerk.” The single eyelid guy said.

                Our 1 on 1 game is today, I’m here at the soccer field, waiting for that bastard.

“Hey Jerk !” he called, I looked up and smirked.

“Let’s start.”

                The score is 3-3, I admit that he is a good player. The first who get 4 points will win, but instead of being serious in our 1 on 1 game, we just enjoyed it, it’s like that we’re already friends.

“I’m Luhan.” I said while catching my breath then I offered my hand for shake hands.

“My name is Kim Minseok, but just call me Xiumin.” He reached my hand

“Baozi” I mumbled

“Xiumin, not baozi.” He said

“I’m going to call you Baozi” he raised an eyebrow

“Baozi ?”

“Baozi means bun, your cheeks look like buns.”

“Am I fat ?” he pouted

“Yes, but it’s okay, you’re cute by the way.” I smiled, he laughed

“Thanks.”

 

Sehun’s POV

                Luhan came home last night, but he is still ignoring me. I don’t want to apologize first because it is also his fault. If he didn’t turn his back to me, I wouldn’t throw that thing to him. Maybe he’s right, we just need space, and we need to prioritize other things.

“Sehun-ah, I’m going out with my friends.” He said, I just nodded. Almost every day, he’s out because he’s with his friends.

“Sehun !” Kai called, I looked at him, he sat beside me. “ Did you and Luhan broke up ?”

“No, why ?”

“Hmmm, nothing.” I raised an eyebrow “Uh, it’s because I always see him with other guy. Almost every day, they’re in the mall.”

“How did you saw them ?”

“It’s because I have 2 eyes, the left and the right.” He said sarcastically.

“I’m serious Kai.”

“I have a part time job in Café 88, and they’re always there every afternoon, that’s why I can see them.”

“What the guy looks like ? is he more handsome than me ?” I asked nervously, what if he already found someone that is better than me ? What if he decided to break up with me?

“Hmm, he’s cute, he has chubby cheeks, he’s smaller than you, and has a single eyelid. But I think you’re cuter ? I don’t know ?” he grinned, I sighed.

I wish that guy is one of his friends.

 

                I came home first before Luhan. I’m keeping myself busy because I don’t want to talk to him, I’m afraid, and I don’t know why.

“Sehun” Luhan called, I pretended that I’m reading a book, my heart is beating rapidly. “Can we talk?”

“I’m busy.” I said without looking at him.

“Give me 5 minutes to talk to you.” I put my earphone is my ear but I didn’t the music.

“Let’s break up Sehun.” I choked, my vision started to blur, I cleared my throat and pulled the earphone in my ear.

“You’re saying something? I didn’t hear you.” I lied, he sighed and looked at me seriously,

“Sehun.” He started

“Oh ! I forgot to buy something.” I beamed “I’m going to buy pencil Luhan.”

Running away from my problems is not a solution, but I’m not yet ready, I’m not ready to hear his true feelings.

“Sehun.” He called, he grabbed my arms and spun me around, I avoided his gaze.

“What ?” I murmured

“Let’s break up.” He said, I didn’t say anything, but my tears are racing to fall from my eyes, my throat dried up. “I’m much older than you, I think this relationship wouldn’t work, if we continue this, it may end up hurting ourselves.”

“So what if you’re four years older than me ? Age doesn’t matter right ?” I said between my sobs, a tear fell from his eyes.

“We can’t understand each other. Every day we’re fighting, I’m tired Sehun. I want to have a more mature relationship. We’re not… compatible.”

“Do you want me to be mature ? Do you want me to change ?” I murmured, he shook his head. I pulled my arm from his grasp and ran away.

 

                I’m walking alone under the beautiful, shining stars, I looked up. I closed my eyes, I can see his smile, and he’s reaching for my hands. When I opened my eyes, the pang of truth struck my heart, even though his heart is mine, it’s hollow inside. I can’t have his love back, and I never will.

“One more glass of tequila please.” I shouted to the bartender, he looked at me and shook his head. I looked like a mess, my tears won’t stop from falling.

“Hey.”  Someone greeted, I looked at him but I can’t see him clearly. “Broken hearted?” I nodded, he chuckled.

“Me too, because of my boyfriend, Kris. We fought last night because he always spent his time to that Yixing.”

                I don’t know what comes to my mind, because I hugged him, and sobbed quietly in his shoulders. It really hurts, I rather die, than to ease this kind of pain.

 

 

                I woke up from a nightmare, Luhan and I broke up in my dreams. I shook my head and then I went to the kitchen to look for Luhan, but his nowhere to be seen. I went to the living room, my head hurts, the scene last night flashes back in my mind. Is he gone for real? My chest tightened, I felt something stabbed in my heart. I leaned on the door and cry, but I heard someone talking.

“What happened to Sehun? Why did you broke up with him ?” I heard someone said, it’s Kai voice, is he talking to Luhan?

“He’s drunk when he came home last night. I broke up with him because our relationship is not working. I’m older than him, we’re not compatible.”

“You broke up with him just because of your ? What kind of reason is that? It is better that you’re older than him, because you can be his friend, boyfriend and brother.”

“I can be his friend and brother, but I can’t be his lover. Because lovers are compose of two people that love each other. But I don’t love him anymore.”

                I opened the door, Kai and Luhan gasped when they saw me crying. My eyes are swollen.

“Sehun” Luhan cooed then he held my hand, I slapped him then for the second time, I ran away.

 

“What the hell ! Watch where you going dude !” I yelled to the guy who bumped to me, he pushed me that’s why I punched him. I beat him up, I almost killed him. I stood up but someone kicked me from the back, I tumbled down. I looked up and I saw a battalion of guys holding a baseball bat. They beat me, I almost died, I’m about to run when someone hit my head with a baseball bat, I tumbled down for the second time, my head felt numb, blood is streaming down from my head, I stood up but with the second hit in my head, my vision darkened.

 

 

                I opened my eyes, all I can see is white, I saw someone sitting beside my bed.

“Who are you ?” I asked, his eyes widened, he cleared his throat.

“I’m Luhan, you’re friend.” He said, I squinted my eyes and smiled.

“Oh Luhan, sorry I didn’t recognize you.” I beamed, I held his hand and squeezed it.

“It’ okay.” He smiled

“Wait, did you say you’re my friend ? You’re my boyfriend right ?” I asked and looked at him confusedly, he avoided my gaze.

“We broke up, don’t you remember?”

“I don’t have an amnesia Luhan, you can’t fool me.” I chuckled but his face is serious, I coughed, he brushed my hair with his hand.

“We broke up two months ago.” He said seriously, I faked a laugh to lessen the tension.

“Stop saying nonsense Luhan.” He closed his eyes and exhaled, a tear escaped from his eyes.

“You’re in coma for two months Sehun, we broke up before you slept for a long time.”

“What are you saying ?” my throat dried up and my chest tightened, I can’t breathe.

“Sometimes, people are meant to fall inlove, but not meant to be together.”

“Luhan hyung, I can’t understand. Are you leaving me ?”

“Yes.”

“Why ?”

“Because I love someone else.”

“Is he better than me ? Do you want me to change?”

“I want a mature relationship, as I said two months ago, we’re not…compatible.”

“Do you want me to be mature? Do you want me to be a soccer player too ? So we can share same interests? I can play soccer, if you want, just don’t leave, don’t leave me hyung, please.” I pleaded, I pulled him in a hug. “Don’t leave me, please.”

“You don’t need to change, because someone will love you for who you are, and that’s not me Sehun. Sometimes, two paths crossed not because they are destined to each other but because they’ll just prepare you for your real destiny, and I think, I already met my destiny, that’s not you Sehun.” He stood up, I shouted his name but he ignored me, I pulled everything that they put in my body.

“Luhan !” I called, but he didn’t stop, he didn’t look at me, I called his name for hundred times until we reached the exit of hospital. “Luhan, don go.” My body is trembling, raindrops started to fall, I knelt down and cried with the sky.

“Who is he?” I heard someone said

“He’s a patient from room 505, he just woke up from coma.”

“Why is he making a scene ?”

“I don’t know, maybe his boyfriend broke up with him. By the way, why are you here Mr. Tao ?”

“I visited my grandfather. About that guy, he’s so pathetic, I pity him. Oh wait ~ he’s familiar.”

“You know him ?”

“It’s him ! This is his ID !”

                I stood up, why are they talking about me ? I hate them and their big mouths, I hate everything, I hate everyone, I hate myself ! For the last time, I will run away… I sat down on the bench, I’m all wet because of the rain, I looked up to the sky, thinking maybe he love me, like I’ve always loved him. I never felt this way, to be so inlove, to have someone there, yet I feel so alone, aren’t he supposed to wipe away my tears? The one to say that he’ll never leave?

 

Luhan’s POV

                I need to go to Sehun’s apartment, I need to get all my things. When I opened the door, I saw him sleeping in the couch. I walk towards him, he looks so stressed. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. I don’t know what hurts him, but I can feel it to, and it hurts so much, to know that I can’t do a thing.

“Luhan.” He whispered, a tear escaped from his eyes, I wipe it away with my thumb. He opened his eyes slowly. “Luhan?” his eyes widened, he sat up. “What are you doing here?” he said, I can feel his anger in his voice.

“I’m sorry Sehun.” He stood up and pulled me to the kitchen, he gave me a plate.

“Throw it Luhan.” He whispered in my ears, I can smell alcohol. Is he drunk?

“Huh?”

Just throw it.” He commanded, I threw the plate, the sound of shattering plate echoed in the room.

“It is broken right?” he asked, I nodded. “Now, say sorry to that plate.”

“What ? I can’t understand.”

“Just say sorry.” He said, I knelt down and said sorry to the broken plate. “Did it come back the way it used to be? Does your sorry fixed it?”

“I can’t understand.”

“That’s what you did to my heart. It’s now broken into thousand pieces, that nothing can fix it, nothing can bring it back, even your sorry, even you.” I stopped myself from the urge of hugging him, but when I saw him cry, all of my doubts fade away.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered

“Hyung can you be with me again ? Just for this night.” He said between his sobs, I nodded, I broke the hug and looked directly to his eyes. He kissed me, even though I know it’s wrong, but it feels so warm, I don’t want to stop. We walked until we reached our room, without breaking the kiss. I put my hands to the back of his neck to deepen the kiss. He my shirt, while I unbuckle his belt. I laid him in the bed and everything happen. I covered our bodies with the blanket. He buried his face on my chest.

“Luhan hyung, I will always love you.”

 

Sehun's POV

                 I don’t know that after the things that happened, we ended up like this. I’m walking in the aisle, while Luhan is waiting in the altar with a wide smile plastered in his face. He looks so happy, while me, I can’t explain what I feel. Four steps away from him, his smile grew wider, three steps. I sighed, he looked at the person at my back, I turned left and sat in one of the chairs. Xiumin is his groom, not me. Xiumin is a good guy, no wonder why Luhan hyung loves him. I faked a smile, they look good together.  I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to feel. I don’t know what to do. It hurts, it hurts a lot, seeing the one you love happy with other guy.

I know that you love him, but I’ll always watch you from here. Making sure that you’ll never leave him like the way you did to me.

                Love meant that you care for another person’s happiness, more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be. I want him to be happy, because I love him.

 

                I’m in Qingdao, China. I want to start something new, I want to move on and I want to be far away from them. I’m walking in the seashore, my footprints in the sand are washed away by the water. I wish my memories with him can be wash away that easy. The water is calm and still, my reflection is there, I see you holding me. But when you disappear, all that is left of you is a memory. The rain started to pour, I suddenly remember the day when we first met, it was also raining. I’m running because I’m already late in my class. But I suddenly slipped in front of him because that road is ing slippery, he laughed at me, but he helped me to stand up. I chuckled as I remember that scene. I miss him, I miss the way he eats, talks, walks, laughs, the way he burp, fart, snore,  and everything he do. His face when his serious, happy, upset, angry and when his constipated. Somehow, I just know that no matter what, I’ll always love him. The rain stopped? Or someone is holding an umbrella for me? I looked up and I saw a tall, blonde guy with a deep, black eye. He looks like he can kill someone just by looking at you. He threw something on me, I picked it up, it’s my school ID.

“You don’t how much I wanted to give you that. I just thought that may that is important to you.”

“Thank you”

“I don’t accept thank you. Accompany me in the amusement park.”

“What ? But sorry I don’t talk to strangers.”

“So what ? You’re already talking to me, so I’m not a stranger. Let’s go.” He yanked me with him until we reach his car.

 

“Let’s go to the haunted house.” I requested, he glared at me and shook his head. I pulled him with me then we entered the haunted house.

“You can go here alone ! I’ll wait outside !” he shouted

“You need to accompany me.”

“No ! I’m going to die here ! I’m scared, I’m going out.”

“No, you can’t leave me here ! I’m scared too !”

“You’re scared but you want to go here ? Let’s go out !”

“No, let’s go ppali !”

                We entered the haunted house, and I’m shocked when he screamed like a girl in every ghost that we encountered. I felt something in my heart, he made me laugh. He suddenly stopped, I bumped in his back.

“Why ?”

“There’s a ghost !”

“It’s just a mannequin.”

“No, it’s a person !”                                                               

“Just go !”

“What will I do if this thing woke up ?” I held his hand, he’s body is trembling.

“Let’s go.” We ran until we reached the exit. He sat on the bench, he’s crying.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know that you’re scared in ghost.” I teased

“Stop !” he shouted, I chuckled.

“I’m Sehun.” I offered my hand for handshake, he looked up, I smiled.

“I’m Tao.” He reached my hand.

 

                Luhan hyung is right, two paths crossed not because they are destined to each other but because they’ll just prepare you for your real destiny. If Luhan hyung already found his destiny, I think I also found mine, and he is Tao.