The Lesson

This Is Not Like The Dramas That You See, Get It?

This day took place before the Eric Lai book signing, which was on the Friday. Let's take a day backward.

Min Ho tried to hang out outside of the office where Shin Hye worked, hoping to get hold of the gossipmongers and ask them where Shin Hye was. He remembered that the girls were good-looking, so he knew he could take advantage of them to gain information. Finally, when the trio stepped out of the building, Min Ho was there again.

"Oh, it's the good-looking Oppa," the first girl said.

"Ne~~~" crooned the second one.

The third one, the sensible one, smiled at him and asked, "Nuguseyo?"

Min Ho introduced himself to them and asked them if they were free that afternoon. The women squealed and replied that they were, including the sensible one. Min Ho invited them to a trendy Italian restaurant in town and offered to pay for their meal. They went with him and forgot their apprehension towards him. Even the third one got swayed by his charms. He befriended them and asked them if they knew where Shin Hye was. And by the slip of the tongue, the first one revealed the name of the hotel where Eun Jung and the others sojourned.

"Hmmm. I can go there tomorrow," he thought.

Finally, the second ask. "Why is Lee Min Ho-ssi asking about Park Shin Hye?"

Min Ho answered frankly, "She's my ex-girlfriend."

The three were stunned. So this was the guy who caused some ruckus some time ago? When Jung Shin and the others were nettled despite keeping it low? So it was him?

"But Shin Hye-ssi and Jung-jangnim are..." the second one answered before kicked by the third. "Aya!!!"

"They're...?" Min Ho asked the third, who nodded, as if nonverbally telling him what he needed to know.

They saw he had grown a bit pensive, so they used their charms to have him loosen up. And the lady killer that he was, Min Ho went along with them

****

The next morning, Friday, Min Ho packed his things after buying a ticket bound for Singapore. He would be leaving this afternoon.

****

The next morning, Saturday it was the last day of the team, and they headed to Changi Airport to go back to South Korea. They would be missing their life there, but Sojin, Eun Jung, Taecyeon, and Fei knew they will be back once their papers will be ready. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa, meanwhile, knew it would take a while for them to have a long vacation like this.

As the gang chilled out after checking in, they did not know that Min Ho, who had spent some hours at the airport to wait for the first MRT to travel, had been lining already to get to the MRT station at Tanah Merah. From there, he would board on the train to Joo Koon, but he would have to stop at City Hall MRT station and board the Red Line to Orchard Road. Good thing, he had a map with him, which he studied for hours when he was stranded at Changi Airport. 

Finally, when Min Ho went to Orchard Road, he went to the hotel where the women said Eun Jung had told them. He went to the front desk and inquire. But as he was about to ask, he overheard one employee talking in English to the front desk officer.

"A certain lady left behind her identification card," the employee said. "She must have dropped this in the lift because I found it there."

The front desk officer tried to read the ID, but she frowned.

"Hmmm, this is a Korean ID," she said.

Min Ho stepped in and asked to see the ID, but the front desk officer hesitated.

"I am Korean," Min Ho said.

The officer hesitated still, but gave the ID. When he read the ID, he saw it belonged to Ham Eun Jung. And Min Ho suddenly remembered the women talking about Eun Jung a lot of times because they were close friends in the office.

"I know her," Min Ho said, but he had to lie, "She's my cousin."

The front desk officer heaved a sigh to have a problem resolved easily.

"But do you know where she is?" Min Ho said. "She said she will meet me here, but when I contacted her, she would not reply."

"Oh, but Miss Eun Jung Ham had already checked out some hours ago," the front desk officer said.

Min Ho gritted his teeth. He knew he had no more chance to see Shin Hye here. However, he had purchased a ticket that would allow him to stay for two days, unfortunately, which means that he have two choices: to purchase one immediately so he could go back home ASAP, or cool down in Singapore. He chose the latter. He knew he was being impatient and impulsive. He knew he could just have waited at the airport or wait outside the office building.

"Sheesh..." he thought in anger. "But just you wait, Shin Hye. I will make you mine again!"

****

Speaking of which, Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were busy looking at some elderly couple holding hands, and the two of them unknowingly were holding hands as well.

 

~~~~

Yeoreobun, this story will almost come to an end. Please stay tuned. How will Shin Hye deal with Min Ho? Will Min Ho finally learn to let go? Will Shin Hye eventually learn that bad guys do not change to good guys because of a girl (only in rare cases)? Will we ever learn that some of the scenarios in K-dramas (and dramas in general) are not always applicable in real life?

Stay tuned!

 

~~~~