This silly stupid crush - Taemin

SHINee Reality

Sequel to Secret Intentions

 

Ga Eun stood up from her bed and walked closer to the desk where Taemin was working on his laptop. She sat opposite from him on her own desk and peeked at him again.

They were roommates and even though lately he spoke more with her he still was his mysterious self most of the time.

Usually she wouldn’t try to strike a conversation with him when he was working or playing games but this time she really needed to.

“Taemin oppa…” she tried flinching since it was weird to call him like that and he probably thought the same since his fingers froze over the keys of his laptop. “Can I ask you for a favor?”

He turned around on his chair slowly and she gulped nervously because his dark mysterious eyes fell on her. He rarely focused his full attention on her but when he did Ga Eun’s heart almost couldn’t take it. It was a silly crush what she felt for him but she was always a foolish girl anyway.

“I-I need to finish something. I mean I was working on my department’s computers back at college and I didn’t finish this assignment I have to do and since I don’t have a laptop and it’s so hard to find a vacant laptop at college I thought that maybe…

“Yes.”

“What?” she widened her eyes surprised to how easy it was to convince him.

“You can use my laptop to finish your assignment.”

She opened and closed a few more times and he turned around and focused on his work again.

She still remembered when she moved in with him how he told her that she would be dead if she touched his laptop so that answer left her speechless.

“Thank you Taemin oppa.”

 

 

~*~

 

She worked on his laptop for hours and went to bed so late that it was hard for her to get up that morning and get ready for college.

So it was with sleepy eyes that Ga Eun left her bed after the alarm of her phone rang and with closed eyes she took off her pajama sweater. She was halfway through it when she opened her eyes and saw Taemin coming out from the bathroom with a towel around his neck. He widened his eyes and she followed his gaze that was on her bare stomach and half her s. Of course she wasn’t wearing any bra.

“!” she screamed pulling her pajama sweater down and blushing deeply, hiding under the covers of her bed.

“Be more careful!” He growled at Ga Eun with an annoyed voice and she released a soft cry. So embarrassing!

She covered herself with the covers of the bed and walked with it over her body to the bathroom to change there.

Taemin watched until the door was closed and then grabbed the desk for support and released a deep sigh. Living with a clumsy girl like her was trouble, worse when his crush for Ga Eun was getting out of hand.

 

~*~

 

Ga Eun closed the door of the apartment and sneezed covering with her hand. It was super late since she was studying with her friends until late and she didn’t want to wake up Taemin.

Ga Eun placed her coat by the door and then turned around only to scream when she saw a shadow in front of her. A light from a cellphone made Ga Eun blink her eyes and then Taemin’s face was in front of her.

“Taemin oppa…” Somehow that became his name now.

“You were working until now?” He asked with a frown and she the light beside her bed and sat over it tired.

“Yes I was studying. I have an exam next week and I’m so terrible at it.”

“I see.” He crossed his arms over his chest and the frown didn’t leave his face so she tilted her head wondering why he didn’t go to sleep yet. Was he worried with her?!

“Where you perhaps…” she bit her lower lip trying to find the words and courage to ask it.

“Idiot, go sleep and turn off the light because you woke me up!”

She groaned and got up to change in the bathroom mumbling to herself how her roommate was also an idiot.

 

~*~

 

Taemin rolled in his bed. She was sleeping already since he could hear her snore once in awhile. She was so weird for a girl sometimes and the thought made him smile. He covered his eyes and sighed.

At first she annoyed him so much, invading his space – he needed the money she paid for the rent though – placing her cute girly things in random places, leaving her hygienic pads over the sink or her cute beside his dirty clothes, crying over silly dramas she watched or ranting about how a random guy was mean to her in class that day. She acted as if he was her older brother or someone close to her and he hated it. He hated her perfume that was left in the bathroom every time she used it, the voice of her singing while she was washing the dishes, how her eyes shined every time he gave her the rest of the pizza he bought for dinner.

However with time he got used to all of it, he got used to her snoring at night and it became his lullaby, he didn’t mind her scent in the bathroom and her singing made him smile and he even started buying pizza and eating less of it more often.

Slowly, little by little he fell for her. It was a stupid crazy and silly crush and he needed to find a way to get rid of it.

Not that night though. Taemin rolled in his bed and moved his body until he find the right angle, the one where he could peek under the table that was in the middle of their beds and see her in her bed sleeping. He relaxed with the view and then closed his eyes.

She was safe and he didn’t need to worry more with that crazy girl.

 

~*~

 

Ga Eun came out from the shower only wearing a towel which was risky when she shared her apartment with a man.  She walked back to her bed taking off the towel of her head and letting her wet hair fall on her back. She was going to sit over her bed when a pair of strong masculine hands pushed her down in the bed.

Taemin fell on top of her and she blushed deeply staring back at him. He was never so close to her and his familiar scent was making her dizzy.

“Why are you teasing me?” He asked in a whisper. “Why are you doing this to me?”

Ga Eun blinked her eyes and swallowed “I’m not…I’m…” She wasn’t sure what to say but it didn’t matter anyway since his lips touched hers and he kissed her softly as if he was afraid, so different from the way he was acting and more similar to the innocent kiss they shared in a  dream before.

Ga Eun moaned against his lips and then opened her eyes and sat back on the bed.

It was a dream, only a dream again and she covered her red hot cheeks with her hands. She was going nuts!

“Something wrong?” Taemin voice almost made her have a heart attack and she turned to her right just to see him only wearing a towel around his neck and jeans. He had no shirt on and she froze in panic, checking him out.

He waved a hand in front of her eyes and frowned “What’s wrong with you now?”

“Nothing. I forgot that you are a man…I mean…” She rolled on the bed and hide below the covers again and he sighed deeply before walking away. She peeked from under the covers at his bare feet.

“Of course I am a man.” He said angrily and she saw him put his shoes on and his sweater and after a while he left without a goodbye and she uncovered herself.

Why was he so upset though?! She should be the one mad. The previous day he scolded her and told her to be more careful and now he was the one walking around semi . She closed her eyes tight. Why was she even having dreams with him now…Because that was the closest to a y dream she ever had…

 

~*~

 

Ga Eun drank her tea and fought to keep awake and stare at the screen of the computer. She was inside the library working on her assignment using google docs. She was supposed to be doing it with another student and was using that platform so both could make changes to the document at the same time. Sadly the other student was more into partying than English so she was left alone working on it bored to death.

She was correcting a line that her partner wrote – which clearly had no idea what she was doing - when someone logged in.

Pink Unicorn icon showed up on top and the cursor started to blink beside hers.

Ga Eun was going to write her greeting thinking that it was her partner but to her surprise that person started correcting what she wrote and in a way that clearly showed that it wasn’t her partner since the only English words she knew was go, stop and party.

“What the…” Ga Eun waited and once the changes stopped being made she wrote under the pink cursor.

“Pink Unicorn? Who are you?

“A pink unicorn apparently.<.<”

Ga Eun frowned and wrote again.

“How do you have this link? It’s set to private and only I and my partner have it.”

“You left it open at school before!”

Ga Eun bit her lower lip.

“Damn it!”

“=) You are kind of an idiot!”

What?! Who was that person that thought he could offend her like that?!

She was going to write something really bad back when the pink cursor moved again.

“…but adorable…cute even.”

She couldn’t really offend that person after that comment.

“>//<…Why are you saying this? Who are you?”

That person, whoever it was knew her.

“Another idiot since I have a crush on you!”

“REALLY?” A guy that actually had a crush on her and he seemed smart since he even corrected her assignment “Like really? Who are you? Are you making fun of me? Yuna is that you?”

Her friend often pranked her and she was the one who met her earlier that day when she was working on that inside the library.

“NO! I’m a man!”

Ga Eun barely had time to read the words because he erased them almost immediately. “Forget it. I’m going to correct some of your grammar mistakes. You are so bad at it I feel like you are offending your English teacher if you give this to him! Go home! It’s late!”

Ga Eun wrinkled her forehead upset and she was going to write something clever when he started correcting her mistakes in the first paragraph so she gave up on it.

Instead she placed the cursor beside his and wrote a Thank you Pink Unicorn.

“I’m not a unicorn…I’m a man.”

His answer made her laugh.

“Will you tell me your name then?”

He didn’t answer and she saw him correct a few more things as if it was done by magic and as soon as he showed up his icon disappeared.

He logged out and she stared at the screen of the computer sadly.

 

~*~

 

Ga Eun was trying to nap over her bed hugging her pillow but the sound of Taemin’s game that he was playing didn’t let her sleep.

“Do you know how google documents work?” She asked suddenly but Taemin didn’t answer “Did you use it before?”

“Yes and No.” He answered brusquely and she turned in the bed so she could look at him.

“Yesterday someone corrected part of my English assignment and today that same person did the rest.” He didn’t even look her way and she sighed suddenly feeling very lonely “He said he had a crush on me. I was surprised.”

“Why?” He asked peeking at her briefly.

“Guys rarely have crushes on me. Maybe I’m not attractive enough.” She trailed off and he chuckled to himself making her stare upset at him.

“Maybe you are too much of an idiot for guys to like you!”

“That guy said the same thing!”

“You just need to be careful and start closing google documents after you use it.”

Ga Eun was going to agree with him when she realized something. She didn’t tell him about how the Pink Unicorn got the link. She sat up on the bed and stared at Taemin that after a while paused his game and moved his eyes to her confused.

“It was you…you are the Pink Unicorn, the guy who corrected my grammar!”

It made sense since Taemin was good at English. He was awful before but he studied it like crazy the last months. Also he was good with computers and he often called her an idiot…but admitting that he was the one behind the screen of a computer speaking to her in google documents also meant admitting that he was the one who had a crush on her.

“Of course not!” he denied vehemently “You are so annoying, a complete mess!” He pointed his finger at her “You wear pajamas all day, your hair is always a mess, your lips are too thin, your eyes are too small and you snore!”

Every flaw he pointed in her was like a stab to her heart and Ga Eun looked at him like a puppy being scolded by her owner and yet that didn’t make Taemin stop.

“Why would I like a girl like you, why would I have a stupid crush on you…are you even a woman?!”

“Why are you so damn mean?!” She hugged her pillow against her and blinked her wet eyes burning with rage and feeling humiliated. “YOU ARE AN !” She stood up from her bed and threw the pillow at him which made Taemin widen his eyes.

She had tears running down her cheeks and he swallowed regretting what he said. Maybe he was too harsh trying to convince her of something that wasn’t true at all.

“Why would I even want you to have a crush on me anyway?! You are a stuck up idiot! You don’t let me touch your things, you spend all your time on that stupid laptop of yours chatting with friends, playing games or watching horror movies! You are an introvert! And look at you…” She pointed her finger at him and moved her eyes on his body trying to find a flaw to point out but nothing came to her. He was damn perfect. “AISH YOU ARE TOO TALL AND HANDSOME! THAT’S TOO… TROUBLESOME!” She went to pick up her pillow from the floor and he followed her with his eyes.

“By the way!” She turned to him with her red cheeks with anger and cleaned her eyes “ My friend needs a roommate! Tomorrow I’m asking her and I’m going to leave this stupid apartment! I hope you rot alone here!” She stormed to her bed and threw herself on it covering her head with the covers. There was no place to run off from him and it was too late to go out so that was the only way to hide from him.

He looked at her motionless body covered for the covers that he always found cute before, at her cute feet uncovered and run a hand in his hair.

His heart was aching and he stumbled to find the right words to tell her how he was sorry, that he didn’t mean anything of that at all.

She was beautiful, her hair smelled so good, her eyes were cute and her lips were tasty as they looked, besides he liked her carefree personality and she made him smile…He was an idiot!

“Ga Eun…” He said softly but she didn’t move under the covers and he shut his eyes tight feeling embarrassed.

That stupid silly crush!

“It’s better if you leave…” He lied to both of them. If she left he would be able to fight that crush easier, since he won’t see her everyday but…knowing that she was away from him, that he couldn’t check on her everyday or hear her laugh…he couldn’t bear it. “You are too noisy.”

“Don’t worry I will…” She said from under her covers with a muffled voice and he pursed his lips since it seemed as if she was crying.

 

~*~

 

Ga Eun end up falling asleep after the fight with Taemin idiot and she was now dreaming again.

Her prince came to save her, mounted in a beautiful pink horse. He came holding an English book and studying grammar.

She raised her hand to him and smiled shyly but the prince that grabbed her hand was Taemin so she took her hand away immediately and walked away.

The prince came down from the horse and followed after her asking for her forgiveness, saying all the sweet words she always dreamed of hearing in perfect English and Ga Eun Gave up on running from him and let Taemin catch up with her.

What a stupid dream and yet her heart was beating fast.

“Can I kiss you?” He asked gently so unlike the Taemin she was used to know and she nodded her head so he leaned forward and kissed her.

She immediately wrapped her arms around him, not letting him run away anymore. This time she wanted to dream for a long time and kiss him all she wanted. At least in her dreams she could get her revenge on him and use his lips for as long as she wanted his beautiful plump lips.

The touch of them against hers felt so real that she woke up from her dream and this time there were eyes, real eyes looking back at her.

Taemin moved away from her lips and Ga Eun surprised eyes probably matched his. She tried to stand up and when she did her head hit is and both complained in pain rubbing their hurt heads.

“!” He mumbled rubbing his chin where she hit him.

She rubbed her head too and then their eyes met.

“You kissed me…”

Correction: He was kissing her.

“Yes.”

“I thought I was dreaming…” She covered her lips realizing that Taemin did kiss her. ”Last time I also…” She blushed deeper remembering how real the other kiss also felt and it wasn’t as if she could tell him that she was also dreaming with him.

“Last time it was also me…”

“And last night?” The y dream she had.

“Guilty!” He mumbled and she gasped because that meant three kisses already.

“You keep pouting your lips while you sleep and…” He blushed so much that it was adorable “And I’m a man, I couldn’t control myself!”

“So it’s my fault?”

“Yes! You are kind of an idiot you know!”

That comment made her bit her lower lip and she was almost sure now “The pink unicorn, it’s really you right?”

Taemin looked away and then back at her. There was no point lying when she knew so much already “It was also me.”

“Ow. Then when you said you hated me and that…”

“I used to think I hated you but something weird happened and I don’t know how but I’m going insane. I’m sorry I kissed you without your consent but…don’t go. Stay with me longer. Don’t leave this place.”

“I’m so confused.”

“I- I have a silly stupid crush on you, that’s why I couldn’t help but kiss you every time I saw you dreaming with me…” He his lips wondering if he was right and she was indeed dreaming with him “…maybe?!”

Ga Eun smiled shyly and he smiled with her. She didn’t answer and instead kissed him, their noses bumping against each other which made both giggle.

“You are always in my dreams. I guess I also have a silly stupid crush on you and yet…” She caressed his cheek giggling cutely since it was the first time she actually could touch him like that. “I’m so happy to be a fool.”

Slowly like how they fell for each other their noses touched and found a way so their lips could meet. They closed their eyes and kissed, this time out of a dream, both in the same reality.

It was short and yet way better than the other kisses they shared. Taemin kissed her again and again and only stopped when she grasped his hand over her bed.

“I prefer this.” She whispered losing herself in his mysterious eyes that now weren’t as mysterious as before since she knew his deepest secret. “Real life is better than any dream.”

Taemin kissed her back a little more eager now intertwining his fingers with hers and gently touching the skin of her neck as if he was afraid that she would vanish with his touch.

“Me too. I prefer it this way.” His passionate gaze on her almost made Ga Eun melt and she couldn’t stop giggling and smiling like an idiot which made him smile too.

She even pinched herself to check if she wasn’t dreaming and he tilted his head cutely shaking his head and calling her idiot.

“I’ll stay!” She said after a while and a few kisses more. “I’ll stay with Taemin oppa!”

“I had a heart attack when you called me that the first time!” He confessed pushing her softly down on the bed and laying over her which made her almost have a heart attack too.

That was so much like her first dream with him, the one where they shared their first kiss.

Correction: The one where he kissed her for the first time.

“Maybe we can get rid of one of the beds too and save space.” He said huskily and she her lips nervously knowing what he meant.

That growing ual attraction between them was reaching the limit and now that they confessed to each other, when they knew they loved each other, it made so much sense to give in and make love.

“Maybe…If you don’t mind sleeping with an idiot who snores with small lips and…”

He didn’t let her finish and instead kissed her intensely making her grasp his shoulder.

“I’m a kind of an idiot too.” he confessed rubbing his nose against hers “I fell completely in love with this girl. It was a silly stupid crush that I tried so hard to fight and I said so many lies to her so I could hurt her. But then I realized I was happier when I wasn’t fighting it at all, when I told her the truth, how beautiful she is to me, how much I love her.”

She wrapped her arms around him and he caressed her cheek.

“One bed seems good enough then.” Ga Eun answered before they pulled the covers over both of them.