Night Terror - BIGBANG T.O.P

One-Shot Collection - Random

Pairing: AU Married!Choi SeunghyunXFemaleOC(Anais); AMBW


        Tonight is very quiet, maybe too quiet. I'm walking home with my unfinished crochet dungarees in hand, clutching them and the skein to my chest. The hook is tucked neatly under my bun, like it often is when I need it and I'm walking. 

        Today has just been a really weird day. I almost assisted then prevented a robbery, found a whole bunch of crochet hooks in a bag buried in the floor of the same department store and I could take literally none of them, torture in my opinion, and I am suddenly really good at parkour. I could barely do a backflip yesterday. It was more like a jump-backward-and-make-out-with-the-floor kind of deal.

        I can see my house. Ever since my parents got that huge new addition to the front, I've always felt that something was there. Not someone. Something. What was following me?

        I saw the little mass of fur sitting on the armchair in the huge new living room and smiled. "Benji!" I called out. I held out my hands to pick him up, but he darted past me with the speed of a bullet. He painfully knocked me over, tackled me, trying to escape whatever was behind that door.

        I pick myself up off the ground and watch him zoom into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. Wait, dogs can't close doors, especially not a black and brown schnauzer who is at least a seventh of my body weight. He's tiny. How did he knock me over, and how did he shut that door?

        I turn back to the door. It's open. I could've sworn I shut it after me.

        The . . . Wolf-Man? How . . . ? Goodness, this day just keeps getting weirder.

        "It's her father!" I find myself saying. "The Wolf-Man is her father!" There's no one else in the room, probably not even in the house, save for Benji Banjo being a weirdo and stronger and stuff. Seriously, what's wrong with him today.

        The look in his eyes tells me that he's not here to stay and chat, but he's out for blood. I should probably run.

        I don't hear him follow me into the Green Room. Whenever I was little, I would run into my mom's closet in the guest room, because it was filled with her things, and the door shut nicely. But I could never fit in the because she had so many old, pretty dresses and gently worn clothes and toys and hat boxes and shoes in there that there was no room for me to fit.

        I manage to fit in the closet anyway, and I shut the door. I try to bring my crochet project closer to my chest, but a garbage bag filled with some old toys or something rustles in my face. I'm making too much noise. He's going to find me. I'm going to be found.

        I'm going to die.

        I start thrashing, trying to escape the sheet, blanket, and comforter. It's too hot in here. I'm still scared. No, I'm still terrified. Why is it so hot in here? What time is it? What's my name? Who am I? What day is it? Why is there light coming in through my windows? Where's the Wolf-Man? Why am I in my room instead of her closet? Am I dead? Why am I not dead? Why are these things even called comforters; I feel awful! Someone help! Help . . .

        I finally kick off the covers. I sit up and gasp for air like I was underwater for quite some time. The clock reads, 7:45 AM. It's a Saturday. I'm in my house on planet earth. I lay back down, close my eyes, and pray quietly.

        "Dear God, still my heart. I do not accept that dream, and Satan, get away from me! In Jesus's name, I cast you away! Leave me alone! Stop scaring me, you! I don't like you. I don't need you." I take a few breaths, trying to wake myself back up so I can finish my prayer and get that dream out of my head. "And dear Lord, please let me be ok. I'm ok. I'm not nervous anymore. I'm not going to die. It was a ridiculous night terror; I know. We don't have that addition on the front of the house, Benji can't run that fast, and we don't own Benji. I must just really want a dog, I guess. That much makes sense, right? Ah, well. It was only a dream. It can't hurt me. But please, let me be ok. I don't want to fall back asleep and have it keep going. In Jesus's name, Amen."

        "Anais! Anais, wake up!" The deep voice runs in from the guest room and into my room, pushing open the door and sitting on our bed.

        Seunghyun pulls me in close and hugs me, an arm holding me under my knees and and the other behind my neck, his hand my hair. He kissed my forehead and I cry a little, still trying to understand what exactly just happened this morning.

        "What happened, dearest girl?" he asks gently.

        "I had a night terror," I say, wiping my tired, unfocused eyes. "It was really nerve-wracking. I'm still a bit scared."

        "Do you want to talk about it? Will that help?"

        I shake my head no at first, but I decide to tell him all of what I remembered.

        "And what makes it even stranger is that I was fourteen when this all happened, in the dream anyway," I say after I finish my story. "You know Luna, the doll I crocheted back then?"

        He nods, smiling a bit. "You still have her. And you did a lovely job on her, too."

        "Thank you, sweetie." He kisses my forehead. "Can we just talk for a bit? I don't really want to go back to sleep just yet."

        "Sure."

        I lay my head in my husband's lap and he holds my hand. "How much did you get done on that paper?" I ask.

        "Not much, tell you the truth. I got up at six to work on it, but I fell asleep after the introduction."

        "Typical," I smirk.

        "What's that supposed to mean?" He pinches my arm and I yelp. He giggles and kisses me happily. I smile myself and kiss him back.

        The pitter-patter on the roof turns into a steady downpour with thunder and lightning.

        "Well, there's that chance of rain," he says, pulling back.

        "Yeah," I nod. "Did I wake you? Was I yelling or talking in my sleep?"

        "No, God told me to get up and go check on you. I woke up very suddenly. I was shocked because it was so sudden, but I needed to find you and help you in any way I could."

        "I'm glad you did," I say. "Thank you for coming to see me."

        "Because I love you, I will always come for you. I love you, Anais."

        "I love you, too, Seunghyun." I sit up and hug him. He lies down on my pillow, and I on top of him. He pulls the sheet over us and I just stare at him happily, taking in the contours and lines of his face which I have studied many times. I peck his lips gently, then I lay my head on his chest. His strong arms wrap around me gently. I might be able to sleep again now.


A/N: This was partly based on real events. The part after the prayer is something I made up, and that's where the OC begins and I end, basically XD

And also, something weird happened where it pasted twice . . . ? I fixed it now ^^ I didn't think it did that . . . Ah well. It's fixed.