Kidnapping

Uri Sarang - Our Love

Chapter 20

 

Sara woke up the next morning to a smiley faced Ryeowook. He had arrived there even before the nurses could make their morning rounds, and had fussed and argued with every single one of them over what to feed Sara.

 

He had made his own breakfast for her, and was not content until they had all left him alone to feed her himself.

 

“She’s my dongsaeng, I’ll take care of her”, he kept on saying to the nurses.

 

Sara was flattered by his attention, but she couldn’t help not laughing at all his fussing. It was adorable.

 

“Sarang-ahhhh…” he said while holding out a spoon to her. She giggled and ate everything that he had cooked. Once she was done, he neatly packed away all of the lunchboxes, and stood up.

 

“I have to get to work now Sara, we’ll be back in the afternoon to take you home ok?”

 

Sara nodded and waved goodbye.

 

Ryeowook got out a mask to put on, but as he walked out of the room, he bumped into a nurse who was just entering. She was carrying a few towels in her hands, and it all fell to the ground. Ryeowook apologized, and helped her pick them up, but once she saw his face, her expression changed to one of wonder. She said in surprise: “Kim Ryeowook”.

 

Ryeowook looked at her, smiled and then put on his mask. He handed her the rest of the towels, waved to Sara, and then left as quickly as he had come.

 

The nurse walked into Sara’s room, and laid the towels on a nightstand.

“He’s Kim Ryeowook, isn’t he?” the nurse said to Sara.

 

Sara nodded, and said “Do you know him?”

The nurse let out a laugh and said “Who doesn’t know him? Are you a friend of his?”

Sara nodded again, and then asked “Why would everyone know him? Is he famous or something?”

The nurse looked at her as if she had gone mad. “You’re a friend of Kim Ryeowook, but you don’t know who Super Junior is?”

 

Sara didn’t like looking like an idiot in front of her, so she lied. “Of course I know who Super Junior is, I just didn’t realize Ryeowook was that well known”, she said.

 

The nurse shrugged her shoulders, and then walked towards the door.

“Nurse, before you leave, is there a computer close by that I can use? I want to send a message to my family.”

The nurse told her where to go, and once Sara was washed and dressed, she made her way to the staff room. Luckily, it wasn’t so busy. Sara sat down at a desk, and searched the words “Super Junior”.

 

For the next hour, she sat in front of the computer, captivated by what she was seeing. Music videos, interviews, concerts. They were known throughout the world. She had been completely clueless as to their identity up until this moment.

 

“No wonder they all live together”, she thought.

She listened to their music, mesmerized by their voices. She gasped when she found out that it was Ryeowook who had sang ‘One Fine Spring Day’. She remembered listening to it on the plane. She got an even bigger shock when she saw topless pictures of Siwon. Blushing, she quickly closed the web window.

 

They all seemed so different from the people she knew them as.

 

She walked back to her room, her leg was aching again, but she ignored it. How had she gotten involved with all these exceptional people? How was she supposed to act around them now? Should she keep her distance from them? She searched her feelings, but realized that she couldn’t. She cared too much for them. She couldn’t just ignore everything that had happened these past few weeks. Things hadn’t been normal, but she had enjoyed herself.

 

The rest of the afternoon was spent in a daze, and in no time at all, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were there to take her home. She hadn’t been expecting the two of them, but she was glad they were there.

 

Before she could leave, her doctor gave her strict instructions to eat well, take her painkillers on time, and keep off her feet for at least a few days in order to let her leg heal.

 

The boys heard all of it, and then raised their eyebrows at each other. Sara wondered what the look was about, but they didn’t give her any clues after that.

She was escorted outside, and followed them into a black van.

Once she stepped inside, she let out a squeal of surprise. The seat next to her was mounted high with all kinds of sweets.

Lollipops, cakes, brownies, marshmallows…there was no end to the variety of candy in front of her.

 

She looked at the boys, and they indicated that it was all for her.

“Think of it as a present for getting out of hospital”, Ryeowook said while smiling.

 

Sara shared the sweets with the both of them, and didn’t even notice the time going by as they drove home.

 

Once they arrived at their destination, they quickly walked her inside. Sara was preoccupied with the packets of sweets, and only once she was in the lobby, did she realize that they were in the wrong building.

 

“What’s going on? Isn’t this your apartment? Why are we here?” Sara asked in confusion.

 

Before she could say anything else, they both lifted her under the arms and carried her inside the elevator. Sara shouted in protest, and frantically kicked her legs out, but it was no use.

 

Once they were inside the elevator, she demanded to know what was going on. Both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun kept straight faces, and refused to say a word.

 

“You just have to speak to our hyungs about it, wait until we get there”, they said to her.