C H A P T E R 1

State Of Panic

Chapter One

WARNING: VIOLENCE AND GORE WILL BE DEPICTED. READ WITH DESCRETION

 

I remember the day all too clearly.. the day of the outbreak. I had gone to a huge concert the day before, not expecting life to be any different then it already was. I only wish that now I was prepared for it all.

---

y, free and single, I'm ready too, bingo...

I stood, jumping amond the crowd of screaming fangirls in the front row of the stage.

My name is Park Chanmi. I'm 18 years old and I live with my mother. I have an older brother as well. His name is Park Chanyeol and he's an idol. We used to all live together, the three of us, before he was a trainee. Our father was with us for a while but that was before he was killed while on duty in the army. He was trying to save a family of North Koreans hoping to escape from their dictative country when he was gunned down by a group of North Korean soldiers. He died a hero as he managed to save the family. I don't usually talk about it and neither does my mother or brother. Only when we have to is it ever mentioined. Before he died, he showed my brother and I how to fight, leaving us behind all his guns and weapons in his will. Why? We don't really know, but he always said one day we would need them. He would always say this stuff. He never told us exactly why but we eventually came to conclusion that he was just being a protective father. 

The group on stage, Super Junior, was singing and dancing, Siwon already half ways undressed. I was so excited to watch them when I found out my brother had managed to get me tickets to see the show. After their turn on stage ended it was announced that there was going to be a half an hour break before the next group went on. 

I wiggled away from my seat and went over to the entrence to get backstage. I flashed the manager gaurding the entrance my pass and he smiled and nodded, letting me through. I hurried to EXO's dressing room and knocked on the door.. sorta. It oppened after one knock and I was scooped into a hug.

"Chanmi!" Yelled an excited Chanyeol in my ear. I laughed. "Hey, Oppa! I heard you were going on next, yes?" He nodded. I looked past him and waved at the others.

The groups leader Joonmyeon, Or Suho, was currently getting his hair finished. the maknae of the K group, Sehun, was bouncing around and pestering their brother group M's maknae Tao to take him out and get him bubble tea later. Tao gave him a glare and smacked the back of his head before throwing me a smile. M's leader Kris was going over dance moves with Kai, Luhan and Lay in the farthest corner of the dressing room dancing to Kyungsoo's singing. He was singing their debut song MAMA. Chen and Xiumin were fighting off in another corner over something stupid like they always did. Baekhyun was making his way towards Chanyeol and I.

"Chanmi-shi~" He sang out. I melted. "You're here!" He said, giving me a small hug. I smiled kindly, hoping to a greater power that I wasn't blushing. I had always liked Baekhyun. Not for his looks as the fangirls did, but for the kind of person he was. Ever since I would go with Chanyeol to his practices after school I had really gotten to know the members and become close to them, even developing feelings for Baek.

"Of course I am! I had to come see oppa before he went on stage to perform." I said and smiled up at Chanyeol as he ruffled my hair. I always made sure to stop by and wish him good luck before he went on stage.

"Aw! Yeollie! You're sister is so sweet, stopping by to always see me before I go on stage." He joked and winked at me, making me turn red as a tomato. Chanyeol smacked the back of his head, casting him a glare. Baek just shrugged his sholders and smiled at me before going off to practice singing with Kyungsoo.

I was suddenly pulled across the dressing room by the wrist and was sat down on the couch by my brother. 

"YAH! EVERBODY PAY ATTENTION! OUR GOOD LUCK CHARM IS HERE!" He shouted to the other members. They all stopped what they were doing and looked up to see what was going on. They all came running over after seeing me chew Chanyeol out for yelling.

"Chanmi, annyeong!"

"Gege missed you!"

"Take me out for bubble tea, yeah?" Sehun got flicked on the foorehead by Kai.

"Wish us luck, Dongsaeng!"

I laughed at the strange commotion. I stood and bowed to all the members as they hushed down to hear me. "Annyeonghaseyo! It's nice to see you all again!" I said loudly. I grinned the same signiture crack-worthy grin my brother always did to all the members. "I hope you all have a wonderful performance and you-" My words were cut off by screams and crashing going on outside the door. I looked up at Chanyeol with a confused look plastered on my face.

"WARNING. WARNING. CODE RED. PLEASE EVACUATE YOUR IDOLS TO THE EMERGENCY EXITS AND INTO THE VANS. WARNING. WARNING." a loud voice spoke over unseen speakers. There were sudden screams heard over the speakers. I covered my ears, chills being sent through my spine as the voice was cut short over the speaker. 

We were all suddenly being ushered out of the dressing room and into the crowded backstage. I looked around me as I held my brothers hand. I looked at all the confused iodls, worried bodygaurds and managers as they were being pushed out of their rooms and were being escorted to the nearest exit.

"Chanyeol! What's going on?" I cried over the loud sirens that were going off. he shook his head. "I have no clue. I'm just as confused as you are!" He yelled back. I glanced over my shoulder and saw a bawling Krystal and Jessica as they were being pushed out of their room. Amber was following close behind them along with the rest of both their band mates.

There was a loud scream and everbodys attention was turned towards a far, back corner. Sitting there was a crying, terrified looking Eunji from APink. Standing in front of her was a disgusting looking man. he was tall and is neck was bent in one of the most peculiar angles I had seen, and highly doubted was physically possibly for any normal human being. The thing that really grabbed my attention was the fact that his skin was a sick, olive green-grey, he was covered in blood and his eyes were whiter than snow.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME. PLEASE. HELP ME!" She sobbed. Out of instinct I broke loose from Chanyeols grip and ran towards Eunji, despite his screaming and yelling at me to come back. I ran straight for the man, who seemed more dead than a man if you ask me. I grabbed a mic stand from near by and swung it at him, yelling for him to get away from her. He turned towards me and I stumbled backwards, an astonishing ammount of fear washing over me. His neck was missing a huge chunk of it, hence why his head was bent the way it was. What really got to me was that the man was TVXQ's Yunho..

I was quick to swing the mic stand at him as he lunged at me so it came in contact with the side of his head. His body fell limp to the ground in front of a scared Eunji. she looked up at me and thanked me many times. I offered my hand to her and pulled her up.

"Find your band members. If you can't find them go to the nearest band to you that you can spot." I said to her before running away back in the direction of Chanyeol and the rest of EXO. On my way there all I could see were more people like Yunho. Some members of groups, like B.A.P.'s Jongup, SNSD's Tiffany and many others. Some were even fans and staff members.

Luckily, not too long later, I found chanyeol who hurridly pushed me infront of him and, despite being amidst all this chaos, he was lecturing me about never running away like that again, especially when stuff like this was happening. I rolled my eyes as we reached a van and were hassled into it. I stopped when I heard a scream from right behind me and my brother.

Lay was being dragged away by one of them, and was screaming as one had just bit his arm. My eyes widened and I quickly turned to help him only to be stopped by Sehun. He shook his head, tears forming in his eyes.

"Chanmi, I-I think we may have to leave him." he said. I shook my head. Lay and I had a special kind of relationship. We didn't talk much, but we spoke through actions. If I needed anything he could tell just by the way I looked. He was like another big brother to me, and seeing him this way and in his current situation killed me.

"CHANMI! HELP ME. PLEASE, CHANMI. YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME." He yelled. I looked him and sobbed, yelling back to him. "YIXING, I'M SO SORRY. B-BUT.." I paused before finishing. "BUT I DON'T THINK YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE IT. I'M SO SORRY, GEGE." I finished as he was being dragged of by them, a fan and a torn up looking Minzy. I turned away and sat between Tao and Chanyeol as their manager shut the door behind us and quickly drove off.

I cried. I sat with my face in my hands and cried. Lay was dead, most likely, and there was nothing I could do to save him.

We drove and drove for what felt like hours before the van came to a screeching halt. We all snapped our heads up and looked at the manager. He was staring out the front window, pointing and stuttering, as if trying to stay something.

"Hyung! Just spit it out!" Yelled chen. the manager turned towards us slowly, his eyed wide with terror.

"they're all over the place... they're dead... and moving."