Episode 4

Rebels

Lights Camera Action

*

The day pasted by rather quickly, Kyungsoo had gotten the flow of things quite quickly. It wasn’t before long that the lunch bell rang signaling it was time to get to the cafeteria and eat. Kyungsoo was pretty happy that he’d already made friends. He did not want to be that one kid who ate alone in some corner.  

 

As Kyungsoo made his way towards the cafeteria he saw Jongin and Sehun walking that way also from the looks of it Sehun was ranting on and on to Jongin who seemed to just be nodding. Jongin’s eyes caught Kyungsoo’s. Jongin smiled and waved at Kyungsoo.

 

Before Kyungsoo could respond back his attention was taken by Minseok who tugged his arm slightly. ”Hey, Soo!” He smiled brightly at Kyungsoo who smiled softly. Minseok waved to Lay who was walking over to them with Suho. Kyungsoo used this time to look back to where Jongin had been to find he was already gone.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo, this is Suho. He is amazing.” Lay laughed as he introduced the two.

 

“Nice to meet you, Suho.” Kyungsoo bowed greeting Suho who returned the gesture. “Um, Baekhyun wanted us to eat with him…”

 

“Did you say Baekhyun, as in Byun Baekhyun?” Suho’s smile got wider as Kyungsoo nodded. “Come on, I know exactly where he sits. We claimed a table back in freshmen year.” Suho smiled and ushered them to follow him as he made his way into the cafeteria.

 

“You know, Baekhyun?” Minseok asked Suho.

 

“Yeah, he is my best friend, him and Yeol.” Suho smiled and stopped at a table occupied by Baekhyun and a taller boy with red curls and large framed glasses.

 

“You made it, and you know Suho!” Baekhyun smiled and hugged the group gesturing them to have a seat. “Oh, this is my best friend Chanyeol! Yeol this Kyungsoo, Minseok, and Lay. They are in my math class at the start of the day.” Chanyeol smiled and greeted the boys who took a seat in front of the pair Suho sat besides Baekhyun.

 

~

 

“Oh my god. I have class with Luhan in the morning; you know that guy is completely heartless. He threw away about eighty confession letters and gifts.” Sehun raved on angrily about their roommate. Jongin nodded his head and occasionally hummed in response to his best friend. They were heading off to the cafeteria and Jongin was extremely irritated. That Kris guy and Chen kept disrupting class annoying him and Tao, his seatmate.

 

Jongin glaced around the halls as they were walking into the cafeteria meeting the eyes of Do Kyungsoo. Jongin smiled and waved, this caused Sehun to stare at him and look to Kyungsoo just as the boy turned away.

 

“You’re so homo.” Sehun rolled his eyes and took Jongin’s hand pulling him into the cafeteria.

 

“You are too, idiot.” Jongin nudged Sehun who just laughed in reply, they made their way to the lunch line to get their food.

 

“Let’s see what I am going to have for lunch today on the first day of school!” Sehun said rather loudly catching attention from boys around them, Jongin just bowed as if to excuse his best friend. “Oh…burgers. I should have my father pay extra to get us lobster or sushi.” Sehun complained as he took his tray adding the sides.

 

“Calm down, at least the burgers look edible, do you not remember what they fed us in middle school.” Jongin smiled bowing his head to the lunch staff who gave him his sides. Grabbing a bottle of water he payed for his food with his student card.

 

“Why are you so full of manners, Kim Jongin?” Sehun said with a straight face.

 

“To cover up for you.” Jongin rolled his eyes and began looking for a table while leading Sehun. “See anywhere you want to sit?”

 

“No, they are all like, full.” Sehun said as he looked at the tables.

 

“Oh, there.” Jongin said leading Sehun over to a table that was empty with the exception of one person, Tao. “Hey, Tao, do you mind if me and my friend join you?”
 

Tao looked up from his book and looked at both boys nodding a little timidly. “You can sit.”

 

~

 

Kris looked around the crowded cafeteria as he took a sip of his cola. Chen and Luhan were talking in front of Kris about their classes. Luhan complaining over having class with one of his roommates. Chen going on and on about how he thinks one of his roommates is a total pain.

 

“At least, neither of you have to room with Junmyeon.” Kris scoffed. Both Luhan and Chen nodded at his statement.

 

“Ugh, he is the worst.” Luhan said pouting slightly taking a forkful of his salad and shoving the lettuce in his mouth. In all honesty, the only reason Chen and Luhan don’t like Suho is because Kris doesn’t like him. They themselves have never talked to the boy. You almost feel sorry for the two.

 

“Tell me about it. I saw him putting his name down to run for student council elections.” Chen said in a bored tone as he bit into an apple. 

 

“Are you serious? That can’t happen.” Kris shook his head his voice full of disbelief. “Come on, I have a plan.” Kris stood up and threw his trash away, Chen and Luhan following behind. They made their way out of the cafeteria and down the halls to the main office.

“Where are we going, Kris?” Luhan asked looking around the office curiously. Kris only ignored him and walked to the bulletin. Grabbing the pen Kris signed his name ‘Wu YiFan.’ Right under Suho’s for the elections. Chen looked to Luhan and back at the list holding the two names.

 

“He will never win, I hope this proves that.” Kris turned to look at his two followers who smiled up at him.