Still Believe in Fairytales

Seeing Blue [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's your birthday theme again?" Arthur, Velvet's dad, asked as he went through the boxes that held the decorating items for Velvet's twenty-first birthday.

"The Little Princess!!" Velvet excitedly answered as she danced about the living with streamers in her hand. "I thought I told you this a month ago? Did you forget, dad?"

"No." He answerd. "I just wanted to make sure, and thought you may have changed your mind by now."

"Yeah, right." She responded. "Now that I'm going to be twenty-one in less than two weeks, I can glam it up this time around!"

"Usually it's sweet sixteens that it's like this." Arthur muttered. "Why is this age special?"

Velvet stopped in mid-dance and turned to look at her father. "I don't know. I just feel that it's more special as my twenty-first, than my sixteen."

"What did you do for your sixteen again?" Arthur asked as he gave up with looking through the boxes.

"Um..." Velvet tapped her chin while thinking. "I think we had a beach slash bonfire party."

"Oh yeah." Arthur remembered. "My trunks caught fire because I tried to jumped over the bonfire."

"Yeah, major fail, dad. Tried not to embarrass me again, okay." Velvet stuck her tongue out at her dad.

"Haha... your hilarious. Not." Her father rolled his eyes. "Anyways, what else is there to do?"

Velvet dropped the streamers on the floor and went to retrieve her to-do list and returned back to the living room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter