The Tourist

The Tourist

Incheon Airport.

Taeyeon was seen holding a board that wrote “Stephanie Hwang” in the airport. A few minutes later, a woman with a long black hair and a sunglasses tapped her shoulder.

“Hi, I am Stephanie Hwang! Call me Tiffany and nice to meet you!”, that lady talked in English and her high-pitched voice startled Taeyeon.

“Oh hi, I am Kim Taeyeon and you can call me Taeyeon. Nice to meet you Misseu Tippany”, Taeyeon said with her broken English.

“Haha you are so cute Taeyeon. Come on, I can’t wait to see Seoul!”

“But Misseu Tippany.. Ca-can you speak hangul?”

“Ah..I can but only a few words.. And the email that I sent to you was actually written by my Korean friend, heheh”, Tiffany smiled sheepishly.

Sigh.. I thought this Hwang girl can speak hangul.. Luckily I can understand English.. Thanks to you Miss Jung for teaching me.

_________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Wah Taeyeon! Seoul is soooooooo beautiful at night!”

“Yeah Misseu. What do you want to eat?” Taeyeon asked while driving.

“Stop calling me Misseu. Just call me Fany okay?”

“Okay Pany.. Eat? What?”

Tiffany giggled.

“Anything will do, Taeyeon ah.”

God. Will this Tiffany loves Korean dish? What if I bring her to roadside eatery? Will she likes it?

“Ermm Pany.. Korean food? Or Western?”

“I think I’m going for Korean food”

“Dae!”

Taeyeon brought Tiffany to a fancy Korean restaurant.

“You shall recommend me, Taeyeon. Even if I’m completely a Korean blood but I’ve been raised in LA, I’m rarely eat Korean food at home”

“Okay.. Do-do you eat rai-se for dinner?”

“Rai’se?”

“Yes..Rai-se” Taeyeon said and pointed on the menu.

“Ah.. Rice? Yes I do” Tiffany giggled.

“Okay.. Bring us one ramen and a kimchi bokumbap juseyo”, Taeyeon ordered to the waiter.

“And the drink miss?”, the waiter asked.

“Orange juice”

Understanding the word ‘orange’, Tiffany signaled ‘2’ using her hands.

“Make it two”, taeyeon added.

Because of language barrier, Tiffany really had a good first night in Seoul. With a full stomach and jet lag, Taeyeon sent Tiffany to her hotel and promised to fetch her up in the next morning.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Taeyeon was waiting for Tiffany in the car. Last night, Taeyeon asked her father to replaced her to someone else who can speaks better English, but since they ran out of staffs, Taeyeon agreed to continue her job. Actually, this is her family business, and their business name is Kim Travel Agency.

“Hey sorry I’m late. Overslept” Tiffany barged in the car.

“It’s okay Pany-ah. Now, let’s go!” Taeyeon drove the car away to their next destination.

Tiffany really had a good time with Taeyeon. Her decision to have a tour in Seoul is definitely the best, and choosing Kim Travel Agency is a bonus for her.  Despite the language matter, Tiffany also found out that they are at the same age. This is why they clicked right away.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the sixth day, Taeyeon invited Tiffany to her own apartment which actually insisted by Tiffany. She wanted to know Taeyeon better and here she was, in taeyeon’s apartment.

“Pany-ah.. do you want to eat anything?”, surprisingly, Taeyeon’s English is improved.

“Do you have ramen, Tae?”

“Yes I do. Go and watch the TV, I’ll bring to you later”

Tiffany smiled and obediently went to watch the TV.

When the ramen is ready, they both devoured the ramen while watching some Korean dramas on TV. They chatted and had fun with each other until Tiffany’s face turned into sad one.

“Why Pany ah? Did I say something wrong?”

“No.. No Taeyeon ah.. It’s just.. Tomorrow night I’ll be leaving to LA.. I’m gonna miss Seoul.. I’m gonna miss the subways that we took.. I’m gonna miss everything.. especially you..” Fany whispered the last part.

“Owh.. I know, I had so much fun with you Pany ah.. But I didn’t catch the last part..”

“Nah nothing Tae.. Urmm it’s too late Taeyeon ah.. I shall get going to my hotel now..”

“Urm.. Pany ah.. Why don’t you spend your last night here.. With me?” Taeyeon pleaded.

Tiffany’s eyes lit up.

“Of course! But.. your apartment only has one bed.. But it’s okay. I’ll sleep on the couch”

“No no! You take my bed and I’ll take the couch”

“Nah.. It’s your house Tae..”

“Hrmmmm.. Ah.. My bed is queen size you know.. Let’s sleep together!”

Tiffany’s mouth agaped.

“No no.. I mean.. You on the other side and I’m on the other.. Okay? I insist.” Taeyeon’s face is now reddened.

“Haha.. Okay if you insist. Huarghhhh.. I’m sleepy Tae.. Can I borrow your pajama?”, Tiffany yawned while asking Taeyeon.

“Of course.. Here you are.”, Taeyeon handed Tiffany her baby blue pajama.

“Your pajama is cute, Tae. Just like you”, again, Tiffany whispered the last part.

Tiffany look up to Taeyeon, and she didn’t seem to hear it. Tiffany sighed. She took a shower and changed to the pajama, then take the left side of the bed. Meanwhile, Taeyeon was in the bathroom and took a shower.

Tiffany can’t hold her sleepiness and drifted to sleep while she was actually wanted to wait for Taeyeon. When Taeyeon finished, she figured up that Tiffany was asleep. After drying her hair, she landed on Tiffany’s side and turned off the side lamp.

 

“I like you Pany-ah.. I really do”

Then, she felt a pair of soft lips landed on her forehead.

“Goodnight, Pany-ah.. I love you”

 

Tiffany awake. The room was dark. She look at her right, Taeyeon was sleeping.

I must have dreamt of you Taeyeon ah. I wish the dream was real.

With that, Tiffany falls back to sleep.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Pany-ah.. Wake up.. It’s almost noon.”

Tiffany groggily look at her phone. It was 11.42am.

“Take a shower, Pany ah. I made you a breakfast”

“Okay” That is all Tiffany can answer.

After she took her breakfast, she went to where Taeyeon at, in front of the TV.

“Ermm Taeyeon-ah.. My flight is tonight.. Can you send me back to my hotel? I need to pack my bags..”

“Owh.. Okay.. Give me two minutes. I need to change.. Heheh” Taeyeon smiled sheepishly. She was in her short pants and exactly two minutes later, she changed her short pants into her jeans.

“Let’s go”, Taeyeon went outside her house.

Tiffany, on the other hand, look around the apartment and sighed.

“I will definitely miss this place.” With that, she closed the apartment’s door.

Taeyeon drove the car to Tiffany’s hotel.

“Do you want me to help you packing?” Taeyeon asked.

“If you want to”

“I’d love to”, Taeyeon answered.

That evening, after finished packing Tiffany’s bags, they went to souvenir place so that Tiffany can buy things for her family and friends in LA.  

It is almost 6pm, where Tiffany’s flight is at 9pm. Tiffany’s heart ached because she was leaving Taeyeon.

Hmmm.. Looks like I’ve fallen for this cute girl.. And it’s a one sided love.

“We have to go to the airport now, Pany ah.. Your flight is in 3 hours”

“Yes Tae.. Let’s go”

At the airport, they both having a chat at the café when suddenly Tiffany said she was going to the restroom. Taeyeon waited patiently alone and 15 minutes later, Tiffany came back and they continue their chats.

“To the passengers Flight 707 to Los Angeles, please proceed to Gate 4A. Thank you”

The announcement boomed through the speakers that obviously ached both of their hearts. This is it. The separation of a tourist and her tour guide, which became really close. Taeyeon sent Tiffany to the departure halls.

“Thank you so much Taeyeon. I’ll always remember the sweet memories with you. It was fun being with you Kim Taeyeon. Do whatsapp me okay? And accept me on your facebook too.”

“Thank you too Pany ah.. You are the best client I’ve ever met. The sweetest, the most entertaining client and definitely the best bestfriend for me. Do give me a call when you are here again, okay?”

“Okay Tae.. Call me if you are coming to LA.. I’ll bring you around. And.. I’m gonna miss you…..”, Tiffany broke into tears.

“Aw.. Don’t cry Pany ah.. We’ll meet again right? In fact.. I’ll miss you too…”, Taeyeon tried to hold her tears, but failed.

They hugged. Both were in tears.

“I have to go now, Tae..”, Tiffany said and she slipped something is Taeyeon’s jacket. Then, she loosen the hug.

Taeyeon nodded. She suppressed her tears while watching Tiffany going further from her. Tiffany checked in, and waved her goodbye, still in her teary face. When Tiffany was out of sight, her heart ached. She sat on the chair and cried harder. Little did she know, Tiffany was crying harder on the other side.

Taeyeon sat on the chair until the plane that Tiffany was on took off. She sighed. She took her hand in her jacket’s pocket and found an unfamiliar thing in it. She took it and realized that was a small card. She was confused. She opened the card.

 

Hey Taeyeon,

By the time you are reading this, I’m sure my plane already took off. Let’s get straight to the point since this card is really small ekekeke. Okay. Taeyeon, after seven days with you.. I realized something. I’ve fallen in love with you. The day I laid my eyes on you at the airport, I was charmed by your cuteness, you dorkiness, your everything. I love you Taeyeon-ah. I was really thankful when you invited me to sleep at your place last night.. and whats so funny is I even dreamt of you returning my love last night..ekeke its funny right? Hah..I felt really relieved after confessing to you.. I hope you’ll still want to be my friend after reading this.. I know you won’t feel the same.. but I have to let this out of my chest.. Don’t you forget to whatsapp me okay?

Sincerely loving you;

Tiffany Hwang.

 

Taeyeon was dumbfounded. She falls into her knees. She can’t control her tears anymore. She bursted to tears but she knew she can do nothing. Tiffany’s plane already took off. She took the cards to her heart..

 

I love you too Pany ah..

 

The End.

A/N : How was it?