The Girl In The Mirror

The Joker Broke His Queen |Two-Shot|

[A/N i recommend playing "a bitter day" song before reading this. enjoy~ ^^

***

 

weeks has passed after the news of junhyung and hara dating. they both were happy... well, he thought he was.

 

after the news broke out, the whole Cube Family was stunned. they never knew about their relationship even the Beast's members except doojoon of course but nor they thought junhyung would tell the public about it. junhyung could feel the piercing stares they gave him but was broken when doojoon congratulated him, even some of beast and 4minute congratulated him while the others and g.na was thinking of the consequences. junhyung threw a glance to one of his best friend when they were all busy congratulating him. his heart ached when he saw the view.

"....hyuna" he muttered under his breath.

 

the view of the black haired girl was... he doesnt know how to put it into specific words. her expression was shocked, or was it sad... depressed? he wasn't sure but he only knows that its an expression that he never saw before these 2 and a half years of knowing her.

hyuna just stood there silently between jihyun and g.na, hands behind her unnie's back. hyuna gripped their dress without junhyung knowing. she knew what was coming next ...

"dont cry hyuna..."

hyuna lowered her head, trying to fight back the tears. She walked to ceo Hong and excused herself to the bathroom, trying hard to smile and walked to the front door with jihyun and g.na following behind. with every step hyuna take, her legs keeps walking faster to the dancing hall and with everystep, her eyes were flooded by tears. the sound of hiccups could be heard echo-ing the hallway. hyuna ran, thinking that her love was.... one-sided.

 

Hyuna arrived at the dancing hall's door, opened it and immediately, her legs gave up on her. she stumbled to the floor with her hands supporting her body, tears falling to the floor. her two unnies stood behind her, eye'ing the crying girl who they treasure so much. she was their "beginning" when they first took step in the Cube Entertainment, a girl who helpe them along their journey. the first girl who reached out her hands for them, their first friend.

 

hyuna was a girl they knew who was strong after all shes been gone through... rebelling against her parents to live her dreams as an idol, get scolded but kept on dancing, who worked her off to lose weight, the girl who became a trainee in JYPE and got into Wonder Girls but quit the group not long after due to her illness, got into depression after leaving but still got up again after the whole thing and pursue her dreams in another company whom she trust even though CUBE was new and wasn't even that known back then, she handled bashings from antis and recently divorced parents.

 

"who could've endure those things and still stand strong for her career and cube family?" hyuna did. sometimes her life is a living blackhole but most of it was heaven when she got to be on stage. but now, the strongest girl they knew was breaking down by one thing... one thing called love.

 

they knew about her crush towards the Beast's rapper, they could tell by those stars in her eyes when she talked to him. they could see an exhausted girl being recharged again. they confirmed it when hyuna told them about the reasons why she liked him. they could tell, she was falling for him... hard. it kinda suprised them

"why didnt she tell the other 4minute rather than they both only?" but they never ask, it was enough to know and jihyun and g.na felt great that they could help their "beginning"

 

but now they couldnt do anything except kneeling beside the crying girl and rubbed her back slightly just to let her know that they were here for her. the sight of their "beginning" crying was unbearable. jihyun cried silently, covering with her hands muffles could be heard. while g.a just let her tears fall down her cheeks but no sound came out from . they just watched hyuna cried her eyes out for the next half an hour, muttering words, muttering lost promises, muttering... junhyung. hyuna cried in the comfort of her two unnies whom she cared alot. right now, comforting words are the only thing to keep her from crying but failed miserably. everytime she wants to stop, an image of junhyung holding hara soo preciously came into her mind.

 

after she cried, she told g.na and jihyun to go back to the meeting room and tell ceo Hong that she is practicing for her comeback alone since her backup dancers were absent today. she couldnt confront anyone right now. not with puffy red eyes. jihyun and g.na just nodded and pecked hyuna's forehead and close the door behind them, leaving hyuna alone in the blue and white coloured room.

 

hyuna stared at her reflection in the mirror, her puffy eyes looking at herm squirming lips, tear strained make-up, her messy hair. everything about her screamed depression. it was the last thing she wanted.

 

"pathetic" hyuna chuckled looking at the mirror

"letting a boy do this to you, is quite low hyuna-ya" she smirked, the mirror infront of her.

"today was a bitter day but i'll get to erase it somehow"

that day, hyuna avoided any contact with everyone except g.na and her own leader.

____________________________

 

hyuna did it. she texted hara. now shes meeting junhyung at cafe where they always meet not that far from the CUBE's building. she saw him there sitting with his sunglasses covering his eyes, fingers playing with the mug. she walked to the empty seat infront of him and sat down.

"hey" junhyung smiled when he recognize the girl. hyuna just nodded, forcing a smile. he could see the exhausted eyes of the girl infront of him, taking off his glasses. hyuna took her order and turned her head to him.

"im sorry i didn't get to congratulate you earlier about you and hara thing" her voice came out bitter but junhyung just shrugged it off saying that maybe it was just his imagination.

"its okay, you need to practice anyway" junhyung chuckled, arching his brows.

"was that an insult?" hyuna snapped at him. junhyung was suprised, hyuna never take a comment seriously before. it wasn't even a comment, it was a harmless joke. but he still didn't thought any negativity towards it.

"maybe shes just stressed from the practice" his face lit up at the thought.

"y-yeah, that gotta be it... right?"

"so hows hara? are you both okay with each other?" hyuna said swaying junhyung from his thoughts, taking a sip from her latte.

"i-its okay till now i guess, beauties are still in shock though" he laughed awkwardly.

"ohh, so who asked who first?" hyuna asked bluntly.

"i dont know, it just sorta happend" hyuna gripped her cup forcing a smile.

"ohh really" she nodded.

it goes on to a meaningless conversation. hyuna kept asking things about hara. things... that she didnt want to know or hear but she mentally slapped her self when those things she didnt want to ask, came out on the tip of her tongue. it went silent when they caught each other's eyes. different things came into their minds.

 

____________________________

he looks happy. the sun shines above him. the weather is nice today but hyuna felt... mocked and felt like being rubbed in the face because she doesnt feel good these days, the weather didnt suit her. hyuna fell into a situation where she cant deal with the anger and struggle.

"funny" she chuckled under her breath.

it seems funny how love can make someone insane. these days, hyuna felt like the people walking past her think shes pitiful. maybe it was her imagination. she felt lonely these days even though there were many people who want to talk to her, she declined. at least there was one thing she good at now. "shoving people away" hyuna smirked at the thought. she hated the view infront of her, the guys who broke her was happy and in love.

"i hate you" she mumbled. but she knew after she said that she would mutter "i miss you" unconsciously.

"what a sore loser" hyuna scoffed.

 

_____________________________________

 

shes avoiding me these few days after the announcement.

"was she mad that i didnt tell her first about me dating hara?

"was she mad i didn't tell her first about me dating hara?"

"is she getting her illness back?"

"is she like this because of her parent's recent divorce?"

"is she.... n-no way. don't think like that junhyung! she likes you as a friend... r-r-right?"

a million questions flooded his mind but i dint matter. the fact is that she changed. her smile was gone, eye hers looks tired, the air around them is tense when they talked, their conversation is awkward, awkward like they were just acquaintances that just met.

junhyung didnt know what he felt but all he knows is that, he wants the old hyuna back, his bestfriend, his hyuna.

 

____________________________

 

but the same thing crossed their minds.

"one day we'll be able to laugh with you but right now, i cant do anything about it'

they were swayed away from the thought when they heard the clashing of cups. so they just stood up and walked to their company's building. they both walked along the pavement, no words were spoken but it wasn't an awkward silent 'cus they knew it was those kind of "i-prefer-being-like-this" type of quiet. they knew each other well enough, its been 3 years, so its no problem. they both didn't get offended in any way.

_____________________________

 

the next few days hyuna didnt avoid everyone anymore.... well, except junhyung,. even if he just said "hi" hyuna would cut him off with an excuse before they could make an conversation with either a phonecall, a text or even their members. hyuna was sleeping late these days, why? she was crying... she didnt know how to express herself but she knew a way, junhyung's way of expressing his feelings. she took a paper and lifted a pencil. writing her heart's content on the tear strained paper. her heart ached when she re-read the lyrics

Even if the weather’s nice I don’t feel nice
It seems  like the weather’s mocking me
I fall into a situation where
I can’t deal with the anger and I struggle
The world apart from me is running fine
You’re living well
It’s not fair, this isn’t fair
I feel like people walking past me think I’m pitiful
I can’t do anything right

This morning I missed my stop
The bus stop I ended up getting off at,
Because I was thinking about you,
Was a stop that I wasn’t familiar with
It  looked lonely, I started crying
I walked like that for a long time
I hated you so much but then I started missing you
The days I spent weak because I couldn’t
Hold onto you are so pitiful

 

"you really fallen hard huh hyuna?"

___________

next chapter preview:

WHO MADE HER LIKE THAT?! ITS YOU. SHE LIKES YOU, YOU PABO!"

- -

"im soo stupid, im soo stupid, im soo stupid, stupid, STUPID!"

- -

"im s-s-sorry hyuna-ya" junhyung muttered under his breath between his sobs

A/N just to be clear, these moments happend in different time thats why i made a *wall* (LOL)

_________________

i made spoiler because i want to apologize or should i say, sorry for the y chapter T_T i already finish writing this fanfic but im kinda too lazy (sleepy) to write it. i'll update tomorrow since its the weekend. ^^

(if i got time, my mother is killing me with her stares when im on the computer -.-)

 

and THANKYOU SOO MUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND THE COMMENTS! ^o^