A Somewhat Indifferent Dinner

My So-Called Stalker [hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the two friends returned from the restroom and made their way to the dining hall, Yoonji attempted to sit with her family, but Naeun pulled her into another direction to be seated at another table, which she noticed were filled with the younger crowd. Yoonji noticed that Youngjae was seated at the younger crowd’s table as well. He was sitting next to Daehyun, as the two talked about some random topic not taking any notice as their sisters walked right on by. Naeun had led them further down, as she took a seat right next to Himchan, who was seated next to Woojung and next to him was an empty chair.

Luckily, Yoonji didn’t have to sit next to him as she took her seat right next to Naeun, and then someone else took the empty seat next to her. After settling herself in the chair, she looked up and noticed that across from her were the three people that she didn’t want to see, the Sangmin guy, Eunseol, and Jisoo. Yoonji bent her head so that they couldn’t see her expression as she sighed deeply and closed her eyes in disbelief. Before she brought up her face again, she counted to ten in slow, deep breaths while plastering a on her face and already wished the night would soon be over and that she could get out of here.

Dinner began with a speech from the host, Mr. Lee. He thanked every one of his employees for doing such an amazing job and keeping the company running sufficiently all year long, and thanked their family for attending tonight’s gathering as well. Mr. Lee lifted his glass in ending his brief toasting and took a drink as everyone followed suit. Once done, his house staffs began to bring out trays of food and started serving the five course meal. While eating her meal, Yoonji kept to herself, never really the one to openly talked during these kind of events her parents made her attend. Although Naeun was next to her, Naeun was too busy speaking and giggling with Himchan to pay any attention to her friend. Also, Yoonji didn’t want to associate with the people in front of her and kept silent as she continued eating her meal, but she was soon interrupted as the person next to her introduced himself.

The guy slightly leaned over to speak quietly into her ear. “Hello, my name is Bang Yongguk. I noticed that you’ve appeared to be the only one not talking to anyone, so I thought I would introduce myself to you

Please log in to read the full chapter