Not So Friendly Encounter

My So-Called Stalker [hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoonji and her five best friends; Seungjoo, Jinsook, Naeun, Miyeon, and Dasom, were at the newly opened mall called High Rise. Her friends were helping Yoonji to find something to wear to one of her parents’ many business gatherings, which was tomorrow. Earlier that week, her and her younger brother, Youngjae, didn’t have to attend. Yoonji and Youngjae were told it would be a small business gathering, but her parents’ CEO had announced it as a ‘bring your whole family, while you’re at it, kind of business gathering party’ at the last minute. So Youngjae had quickly assembled something decent to wear to the gathering and didn’t need to shop like Yoonji, who wanted to buy something new to wear to the gathering instead. That was her reason for being at the mall.

Luckily though, Naeun’s parents were in the same business as Yoonji’s parents, so Yoonji was happy to know that Naeun would be there with her. Naeun had already bought her own outfit which was a mid-thigh, yellow strapless dress with a few flowers of different yellow hues embedded onto the top part of the dress, as the rest was left alone. Being the good friend that Naeun was, she too, was helping Yoonji find her perfect dress. They’ve been at the mall for about three hours now, and they were still unable to find something suiting to Yoonji’s taste. Miyeon then suggested taking a break and getting something to eat. Yoonji declined, determine to find something to wear for the gathering, and told them that she’ll meet up with them later. She left the store they were in and went in the other direction as her friends headed off to the food court opposite of her.

Yoonji entered one store after another, not finding anything of interest in either store she went into. She was about to give up, until she saw another store called MATO, and decided that MATO will be her final and last store to visit. If she still haven’t found something new to wear, then she would look in her closet again for a suitable outfit. As she was about to make her way to MATO, she stopped walking to send a text message to let her friends know she would be at MATO. While Yoonji was busy texting, she got bumped into by a girl heading in her direction, who wasn’t paying attention to where she was going. Yoonji quickly apologized anyway, out of respect, but the girl just scoffed at Yoonji and said in a snobbish tone, “Watch where you’re going, Miss Piggy.” She giggled along with another girl in the group of five she was with.

Although Yoonji wouldn't really be considered as fat or overweight, she just appeared thicker than the average South Korean college age girls.

“Excuse me, but there’s no need for name calling." Yoonji reprimanded. "It was an accident, and clearly you were the one who wasn’t watching where you were going, since you were too busy staring at you

Please log in to read the full chapter