Do You Want to Build A Snowman?

The Snow Queen

It's winter outside, as the young princess running though the halls along with her giddy laughters echoes. She looked out the window Snow falling from the skies, covering the whole meadow and the entire kingdom. The little Krystal wants to play outside. She wants to enjoy the snow like in her memories before. But, she needs a company to be play with. And she runs to the door--- of her sister's room.

 "Hey,unnie, you want to play outside with me?"  But no answer to Krystal's favor. Krystal then knock the door. "Unnie, come on, let's and play!!" But no answer as well. This upset Krystal, They use to be best buddies in their early days. Playing with each other and eatting together. They share everything together as well, like their toys and story books. And sometimes her sister often read her stories which made Krystal fell asleep in her bed. "Unnie, do you want to build a snowman with me,please?" But this time Jessica answers but not the answer the little Krystal is hoping for "Go away, Krystal." The little one frowns as she walk away from her sister's door. Tears flowing into her eyes as she cried "Little Krystal, what is the matter, dear?" ask the Queen, holding her dear daughter "Jessica Unnie don't want to play with me." The Queen just smiles and hug her youngest daughter. 

"Unnie

Do you want to build a snowman?
Come on, let's go and play! 
I never see you anymore
Come out the door 
It's like you've gone away
 
We used to be best buddies 
And now we're not 
I wish you would tell me why!
 
Do you want to build a snowman?
It doesn't have to be a snowman..."

"Go away,Krystal"

"Okay,bye"

Inside her room, Jessica see the same snow falling like Krystal. She smiles as she imagine her playing with Krystal without her powers, they can play the whole time. Thinking of it makes her feel guilty for sending her dear little sister away as she frowns. Then the frost came out from her hands makes her frightend. 

 "Jessica, dear, it's me, your father."  Her father opens the door but Jessica is not very pleased to see her father. " Father,please, I don't want to hurt you." The King just smiled as he gave her the a pair of white gloves "You don't have to now." As the King dressed Jessica's hand "The gloves will help you to control your powers.See?" The King hold his little daughter's hand covered with the white gloves "Remember this, Jessica, conceal it, don't feel it and don't let it show, alright?"

As the years have already past, the 9 year old Krystal still roaming around the halls riding a bike. But as soon as she stops at her elder sister's door. She reluctans at first but she knows she have to keep trying so she muster her courage as she knocks her sister's door. "Hey, Jess, you wanna play with me?" But no answer is heard. Krystal is sad again as she walks away from her sister's door. 

"It's not fair." Krystal is talking to the pictures from her Mother's gallery. "Why she doesn't want to play with me? What did I do wrong?" As she roams around and find Joan of Arc's paintings "It's good to be born alone,huh, Joan?" 

"It's getting lonely in here." As Krystal lays down in front of the grandmother clock. Watching the hours ticking by thinking when will her sister will be out and play with her again like it use to be. 

"Do you want to build a snowman?
Or ride our bikes around the halls? 
I think some company is overdue
I've started talking to
The pictures on the walls!

(Hang in there, Joan.)
 
It gets a little lonely 
All these empty rooms 
Just watching the hours tick by...
(tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock)"

"I'm scared, Mother, Father. It's getting stronger!!"  Jessica, who is now 12 years old, frightens about her powers getting stronger than ever. "Calm down, Jessica, getting upset only make it worst, please calm down." Jessica then jump back from her parents with fear, "NO!!" The King and The Queen were surprised at their daughter's shouting at them. "No, don't touch me, please, I--" Tears flowing her eyes "I don't want to hurt you."

 

4 years have past and Krystal is still roaming in the halls but she look back. Her sister's door. For every year ever since then her sister never came out from that room. It makes her wonder why she didn't leave the room and be with her, or their parents. It's like she's shutting people out of her life. It pains Krystal just to think about it. So she gaven up her chance and running towards her parents as they packing their stuffs for their business trip. 'So, you're leaving?" The King and The Queen smiles at their youngest daughter at the door "Don't worry, Krystal, it's just two weeks and after that, we'll be together again." Krystal smiles as she hugs her parents "I'll wait, see you in two weeks then."  

As the King and The Queen were in front of the door. Jessica was there as she walks to them slowly. "Jessica, we'll be off in two weeks past." The eldest bow to her parents as she slowly raise her head. Her sad eyes were showing to them "Do you really have to go?" 

"We'll be fine, Jessica."

 

But at the end of the second week. Their parents met their tragic end at the storm as their ship succumbs from the waves as so does the King and The Queen.

Word send by the castle of Arcanadia that the King and The Queen have passed. Krystal were the one who attend the funeral along with the loyal subjects. Her mind is completely clouded by the sadness of loosing her parents. She is alone, with no one to talk to. And there is her sister, well, her sister didn't even came to the funeral and she doesn't even bother going outside. But deep down inside, she knew, it wasn't her sister's fault. But she wish she know what is it.

She walk around the halls pass through her room and she stands to her sister's room.  She slowly walk towards the door and she knocked. But not as cheerful as she was, this time, it's full of sadness. "Unnie. Didn't you know what day is it today?" But as she expected, Jessica didn't answer her. Krystal sighs "Unnie, it's Mother and Father's funeral today and everyone--" Krystal tries to hold back her tears "And everyone were always come to me 'Where is your sister' or 'Where is Jessica, isn't she suppose to be with you' and stuff--." Tears flows down from her cheek as she broke down and cry "Unnie, unnie, oh what are we gonna do" On the other side. Jessica is leaning againts the door just like her little sister does. Tears also flowing from her eyes as her room were covered in frost as she hugged her knees together as both sisters mourn for their parents---- and for their broken friendship with each other.

"Unnie ,please I know you're in there 

People are asking where you've been 
They say, "have courage" and I'm trying to
I'm right out here for you
Just let me in

We only have each other 
It's just you and me
What are we gonna do?

Do you want to build a snowman?"