-2-

The Vampire and The Ansh

“Jiyeon-a, Let’s go to amusement park, oh?”

“Jiyeon-a, there’s a new restaurant in K Plaza. Let’s try the food”

“Jiyeon-a, Let’s watch a movie”

“Jiyeon-a~~~”

I’m so bored. School is so tiring. Why I have to come to te school in the first place? And this girl in front of me, she’s not giving any help to reduce my boredom. For all the place in this Se-Ah Highschool, why we have to to stuck in library today. There’s still tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, the day after the day after tomorrow, just not today. 

“Stop whinning, Jongin-a” she said plainly. “I know both of us don’t like this kind of place, just bear it for a while. Jaejoong oppa asked me to look for data about Boa unni highschool friends.”

“I’ll sleep, wake me up when you done” I put my head on the desk and shut my eyes.

Whenever I had a time like this, I really really envy to human. Human needs sleep everyday, while my body can rest just once in a month. We, vampire, have different body metabolism with human. We can live for a long time and our body automatically heal ourselves when we got scars. But that’s mean nothing for me, we have a small tribe, and from one big family to another big family we barely meet. A lot of our friends are human, when they’re getting old and die, we’re just the one who still live. We will watch one by one our closest friend leave us, we will watch the world change when we remain almost still the same, I have always thought that will hard for me. I dont wanna be the one who always loose. I have watched my grandpa, He’s always having this longing feeling to my late grandmom.

“what are you thinking?” Jiyeon askes me. I open my eyes and look at her, she still read some books and some old newspaper.

“why? If I tell you, you will consider my thought, and entertain me?” I ask lazily.

“Mmmm, may be. May be I will find you a girl to date, so you won’t be bored like this.” She stand up, pick two or three newspaper with her. “I’ll just need to copy this, after that we can go to wherever you want.”

“Really, wherever I want? OK, just copy that quickly, I’ll wait you nicely here” I exitedly answer.

So after school, we go to the K plaza trying the food in the new restaurant. Being food lovers, we order a lot of food. In some way, people would think that we’re a couple. But, no, we don’t have that kind of mutual feeling. We’re just a very very good friend now, every Parks and Kims know that,  but we were not like this from the beginning. Back then She just hated me so badly. Why? Because I’m his oppa’s master.

She told me once the reason why she hated me so much when we fought and unintentionally I hurt her. She thought that it was so unfair to Parks Family to be an ansh. Why it has to be her family, not another family. Why vampire existed. Why instead of hunted human to drink blood, we just blood from our ansh only. All of that gave me a great ‘PANG’ in my head. I had always thought that it was normal to us, but she hated in so much. After that, I learned how the normal humans life. It made me envy to be just a normal human instead a vampire.

                                                                                                                                     Kim Jongin

                                                                                                              A vampire who wants to be human