Rebel for happiness

I Am Blind But Still You Love Me

*Your POV*

I went home after that day. I was thankful for Baekhyun's sacrifice but similar as thankful as I am, I had a heart full of guiltiness, sadness and felt totally worthless.

Baekhyun did so much for me since the first day we met. He helped me all the way and all I did was nothing. Making situation worst, he is willingly to donate his cornea just for me, even though we aren't in a relationship. I really like Baekhyun since he start teaching me piano. He was like the sunshine to my dark road in life. I really want to give him a chance.

But would he be more burden?

Will I make his life messier?

 All I thought was, I am a useless piece of in his life. But he loves me and I do too.

What’s worst, appa won't allow this relationship. Appa said I was to be in an arranged marriage but I don't want to. I won't too.

*It’s my life, I have my own choice! I love him and he is the only guy I ever want to love!* I thought to myself angrily. Scolding myself for being useless and worthless. Until appa came into my room.

"Song Lee, I heard about the cornea being rare thing but how did the parksanim find a cornea that matches you so fast?" Appa asked. I put on a cold look. I really hated the fact that because of appa, I can't date Baekhyun. The guy I love.

"Mr. Byun donate his to me," I replied.

"Byun what? Full name please Song Lee, I want to thank him," Appa said and took a seat beside me.

"Byun Baekhyun. Let me date him if you want to thank him. Jebal appa, I really love him," I said hoping appa will see what my love for him means.

He didn't reply but just remain silent. I know he want to know about it before he decides.

"Appa, to be honest, Baekhyun and I have been really close since you adopted me back home on that day. Our meeting was an accident but our love which grew, isn't an accident. He treats me really nice, he did confess to me but I rejected him even though my heart want to say yes. Appa I rejected him because of you. Now, he willingly wants to donate his cornea for me because of love. Can't I just return my true love for him? Can't I date someone I really like? Please cancel off the stupid arrange marriage. Appa, I did though for you before I said no to Baekhyun. Please do the same for me when you think about this..." I said.

"Appa know you care but no, I won't let you date him. I know you might hate appa forever but I can't. I know you love him a lot. I know it all base on the way you tell me. Move on for appa," Appa said with a cold and deep voice.

" It's okay, appa I want to rest, go out please," I lied.

"Neh," Appa said and went out of my room

I won't move on. I know I can't. I won't listen to appa. No, not this time.

*This is reality, I have to face it. I am going to break rules for my own happiness,* I thought.

Later on during dinner, appa told me that we will give Baekhyun a higher pay and more participation in other shows and musical, in return to thank him

For as long as I knew Baekhyun, he put human's relationship as his first priority. Never was it about money. Never was it his popularity.

But what do I have to do. In order to disobey appa, I have to lie. So I just nodded my head.

I have decided. I need to lie. I need to be with Baekhyun no matter what. I want it that way too. I don't want Baekhyun. I need him. I don't need his cornea because I believe he would be my eyes, my walking stick. My light which guide me through life. He is my everything.


*Kai POV*

"Hyung! Don't you think you are a little stupid to donate your cornea to a person you might not even live half of your life with?!" I exclaimed right after we went into the EXO van.

"Jongin, it is not stupid. I may not live with her but at least I know I won't love other girls again. She is different. She loves someone through her heart not by looks cause she can't. She like me for who I am not for how I look. Now that I have confirm that and my feelings for her. I think it is worth it. Seeing the one you love being happy is what you want too right? Imagine, imagine if she really get to see this world. She will be the happiest person alive. I have seen enough of these world. It time for hers," Baekhyun replied.

I just remain silence.

“If it was you, you would have do it too right?" Hyung asked me and I just nodded.

"But what about Lee Soo Man? Will he kick you out of EXO?"  I asked.

"Ani, He wouldn't," Baekhyun hyung replied me confidently.

"Waeyo?" I asked.

"Firstly, I am one of the main vocal in EXO. Secondly, because I donated my cornea to Song Lee. He would want to thank me. Soo Man is a man like this. He will repay those who help him and lastly, Song Lee wouldn't let him even if he wants to. I am even more confident in that," Baekhyun hyung replied.

All his words, explanations and reasoning make perfect sense so I was relieve Mr. Lee isn't going to kick him out.

We both remain silent for a while until Baekhyun broke the silence

"Kai, if I lost my sight, please take care of Song Lee for me. Please take care of me too, you and EXO is who I can rely on. You guys made my life brighter so please be there for me when I need you guys," Baekhyun said and I promise him I would.

When we reach the dorm, we told the members what happen.

At first, they were yelling and scolding us. Saying Baekhyun was dumb, he was stupid to make such a choice but they don't really know the reason behind his choice then scold me for not stopping him and talk about the bad consequence that might happen for EXO.

Slowly they learn the reasons and clam down a bit. But of course some still ranging.

"Baekhyun ah, seriously think before you do it next time, 你真的要好好想想啊," Lay said with a slightly annoyed tone but forgiving Baekhyun. But only the Chinese member understood the last part.

"Just tell her you can't donate," Chanyeol said and walk away.

"Don't mind him, he is like having a girl having her period today. I think what you did was right, it was for love after all," Sehun came saying with a joking tone then patted Baekhyun's shoulder lightly.

Baekhyun just smile backed lightly.