My love, Your sight

I Am Blind But Still You Love Me

Note : Whatever medical terms I wrote in here, I don't know if I am right so don't think I am serious about it and this is just fanfic so let's just enjoy a made up story~


*Kai POV*

"The chance of her recovering her sight is very little," Parksanim said and sighed.

"Her cornea is extremely rare, we can't find the right one... If we have too it will take more than 10 years or maybe even forever, unless, someone has the same matching cornea and is willingly to donate them to her..." Parksanim said.

"But how are we going to find someone who has the same matching cornea as her?" I asked feeling dishearten by the news.

"Erm, we have to find people who is willingly to donate to do some test or people who are dead and are willingly to donate their cornea to the hospital. Then to find the matching one for Song Lee," Parksanim said.

"Parksanim, can you help me do the test? I would like to try for Song Lee," Baekhyun hyung said.

"Sure come with me," Parksanim said and showed a ghost smile. Then the walk towards the surgery room

"Wait! Parksanim, I want to do the test too!" I exclaimed and stop them.

"Sure, come along," Parksanim said. I nodded.

*I know I said I would give up, but I can't. I just love Song Lee too much. I will just silently, silently take care of her then,* I thought as I walk behind parksanim and Baekhyun hyung.


*Your POV*

"Kai and I already have makeup and it's all thanks to you. Gomawo Song Lee, We will be back later on wait awhile, arraso??" Baekhyun said and walk away. I just nodded with a smile. Knowing that I've made it right for them.

I sat alone on the chair with ahjusshi by my side.

"Ahjusshi, the parksanim already told you about the chance of me recovering right?" I asked waiting and ready to hear that good news!

"Neh, Song Lee but-" Ahjusshi said with a sad tone which then worries me.

"Then what??" I asked feeling more worried seconds after seconds.

"The chance of you regaining your sight is very little. Kai and Baekhyun went to did the test to see if their cornea matches with yours... but just don't worry, everything has a solution to it," Ahjusshi told me and sighed. My heart broke instantly but,

*Wae? Why did Baekhyun and Kai went to did the test even when the possibility is very little...* I thought.

He told me the bad news and he told me not to be sad. But, how can I not?
It's like I have been waiting for this chance and yet I don't have the luck to even recover...

*Am I fated to be like this?* I thought feeling the most desperate at that time.

*Seems like I wasn't meant to see this world at all*I thought and cried.

I sat on the hospital bench waiting for Kai and Baekhyun to come out with ahjusshi trying to comfort me.

"Song Lee!" Baekhyun yelled from afar with a happy and excited tone while running towards me.

"My cornea matches with yours! I can donate mine to you!" He ran and sat beside me then held my hands together as he exclaimed happily.

"Neh, Song Lee. Mr. Byun here is willingly to donate it to you, so after all, you will see this world but Mr. Byun--" Parksanim was saying when he suddenly stop.

"Andwae, I can't. I know it very well. If Baekhyun here donates his cornea to me, he will lose his sight. I can let that happen," I said and shook my head.

"But--" Parksanim was saying but Baekhyun cut him off.

"Please give us some alone time, I will  talk to her," Baekhyun said then footsteps of parksanim leaving us could be heard.


*Baekhyun POV*

"Why didn't you want me to donate my cornea to you?" I asked but she just hung her head low.

“I really don’t want one person to suffer blindness because of me,”

“And I especially don’t want the person I love to be blind,” she confessed.

By hearing that, I know Song Lee still has feelings for me and I am happy for that.

“I too, don’t want the person I love to be unhappy, Song Lee, the person I love is you. I lived in this world for more than 20 years and I have seen enough colors, people and all there is for me to see. Now is your turn. I have seen you and fell in love with you but I you’ve only heard me, I want you to see me for once,” I said. Trying to convince Song Lee.

“It’s not worth it Baekhyun, we might not even be together,” She just replied.

“We will, I know because I am going to do whatever it takes for us to be together, I know you are the one when we first met,” I said confidently.

“My sight is nothing to me but you are more important to me. I can lose my sight but not you,” I said.

“You will lose your career if you do this,” She replied still trying to reject.

“That wouldn’t happen either, I believe my action is enough to move your appa, he would let me stay. I am sure about it,” I said.

There was a moment of silence.

“You sure you won’t mind?” Song Lee asked with trembling voice.

“I am sure,” I replied.

“Gomawo Baekhyun. Saranghae,” She said and hugs me.


*Parksanim POV*

“Baekhyun shi, are you sure?” I asked cause this sacrifice can cause lots of lost to him.

“Neh. Parksanim, I am very sure and I won’t regret,” He replied once more.

“Okay then just signs this medical contract and the surgery date will be in one month time. But Baekhyun, I am very aware that if you do this, you will lost a lot of thing so I suggest if there is someone with the same cornea as Song Lee. I will insist for the person to donate instead,” I said.

“If there is..” Baekhyun replied.

Showing total no confident that there isn’t a chance for that to happen.

“Don’t be like this, there are billions of people out there and I am sure there is still a tiny bit of hope that you don’t have to lose your sight for Song Lee to get hers.

“I will try my best to find someone with the same match,” I said, determined to find that someone already.

“Gomawo, good luck for that,” Baekhyun replied and walk out of the room.


Annyeong! It's been a long time since I update, I hope you enjoyed and how do you find this chapter?

Do you think Baekhyun's scarifice is worth it?

Why do you think Song Lee accpet his offer?

Do look forward to the next chapter ^^

XOXO