Never Act On Your Feelings Chapter 3

Never Act On Your Feelings

Sungmin died.  His family didn't even need to pull the plug.  Just that one day, his vital signs suddenly declined and the doctors were unable to resuscitate him back to life.  Kyuhyun went back to being absent in school.


Zhoumi wanted to look for Kyuhyun to comfort him, but the first time he did that, it ended badly.  When Kyuhyun finally asked for his comfort,  Zhoumi refused to offer it to him, so there was really nothing he could do now.  Nothing to make Kyuhyun or his himself feel better.


He attended Sungmin's funeral though, but it wasn't Sungmin's dead body that he wanted to see.  He wanted to see Kyuhyun and he did see Kyuhyun... with Ryeowook.


A milllion questions went though Zhoumi's mind as he saw how Ryeowook was comforting Kyuhyun.  Did Ryeowook like Kyuhyun too? Did Kyuhyun turn to Ryeowook for comfort when Zhoumi refused to comfort him?  Or did Ryeowook approach first and Kyuhyun gladly accepted his comfort?


When the funeral was over, it wasn't Sungmin's family or Kyuhyun who were the last ones to leave.  It was Zhoumi.  When everybody had left, Zhoumi approached Sungmin's gravestone and asked.  "Am I not good enough for Kyuhyun?  Do you approve of Ryeowook?"  He traced Sungmin's name on the gravestone with his finger.


It was ironic, because when Sungmin was alive, Zhoumi never talked to him.  Now that Sungmin was dead, Zhoumi would visit him sometimes, bring him flowers and candles, to pray for him or simply to talk.  He made it his duty to report to Sungmin whatever happened with Kyuhyun.


Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were always seen together, and 6 months after Sungmin's death, they officially became a couple.  "Looks like Kyuhyun decided to move on.  I wished he moved on with me though."  Zhoumi talked to Sungmin's gravestone.  "Does it make you sad?  He never even visited you since the funeral. Don't worry, I'll be here to be your friend, so you won't have to feel lonely."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


On the first anniversary of Sungmin's death, Kyuhyun visited Sungmin's gravestone for the first time. When he got there, he met up with Sungmin's parents.


"For a second there, I thought you were Zhoumi."  Sungmin's mother said.


"Zhoumi?"  Kyuhyun asked, confused.


Sungmin's mother nodded.  "He visits Sungmin from time to time.  He takes care of the gravestone, brings flowers, candles and food.  Ah, there he is!" Sungmin's mother waved at Zhoumi.


Zhoumi was going to hide after seeing that Kyuhyun was there, but then Sungmin's mother had a quick eye and waved at him, so he had no choice to walk up to them.  They all lit their respective candles and incense, and prayed.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


When Sungmin's parents were gone, Kyuhyun dropped his nice act and turned to glare at Zhoumi.  "What do you think you're doing visiting Sungmin's grave?  What good will that do to you?"


"Sungmin's parents don't visit him that much since it still hurts them to see their son dead and you haven't even visited him once since he died. I figured he was lonely so I decided to be his friend."  Zhoumi reasoned out.


"Don't act as if you understand Sungmin.  You haven't even talked to him when he was alive!" Kyuhyun raised his voice in anger.


"Not so loud, Kyuhyun.  You'll disturb other spirits."


"I don't want you to see anywhere near Sungmin."  Kyuhyun toned down his voice but it was still full of hate and anger.  He turned to walk away first.


Zhoumi released a sigh and looked at Sungmin's gravestone.  "I'm not being nice to you simply because I wanted your blessings.  As you can see, Kyuhyun hates me a lot so even if I do get your blessings, it wouldn't matter because Kyuhyun really hates me.  Don't worry, I'll still keep on visiting you."  He patted the gravestone before walking away.


End of Chapter 3


A/N: I'm sorry for killing Sungmin ^^;; and to think he is my bias... hehehe... um... but it's for the sake of angst? Lolz!!! Comments please ^^