Never Act On Your Feelings

Never Act On Your Feelings

Zhoumi had always liked Kyuhyun but he never acted on his feelings and distanced himself from Kyuhyun to the point that others thought that he probably disliked Kyuhyun. This doesn't matter to Kyuhyun because he and Zhoumi weren't friends to begin with. They just happened to be partners in a project once and got along very well at that time. Then after that, Kyuhyun just thought they just went back to how they were suppose to be before the project... just strangers.

 

The real reason that Zhoumi stayed away was because he's afraid that his fondness and slight crush on Kyuhyun might turn into something more. That he might fall in love with Kyuhyun. That Kyuhyun already has Sungmin. That Sungmin was someone whom Kyuhyun loves very much. That Kyuhyun would probably never love someone like Zhoumi. So in other words, Zhoumi was just afraid of rejection so it was better for him to stay away.

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin got involved in a terrible accident. Kyuhyun managed to survive with a few cuts and bruises while Sungmin really had it bad. Sungmin was in a critical condition close to death but he managed to survive after the surgery. Then two days later, he fell into coma.

 

The next thing Zhoumi knew, he was in the hospital standing right in front of the door of Sungmin's private room. Sungmin's parents greeted him outside the room because they were just about to leave to have some lunch although they looked so worried and they probably don't have much appetite. They also said that Kyuhyun had been there inside Sungmin's room for a day without eating or sleeping but if they try to get Kyuhyun away from Sungmin, he would go wild. It's the first time they saw Kyuhyun like this. They're scared of him and for him.

 

Zhoumi opened the door and entered the room. He saw Sungmin laying on the hospital bed in coma. Kyuhyun looked like a mess as he was sitting on a chair right next to the bed. Kyuhyun was holding Sungmin's hand while looking at the person in coma. Kyuhyun wasn't doing anything else. It was as if he was a breathing statue. He looked so sad and miserable that for the first time, Zhoumi decided to act on his feelings. He walked further inside the room and hugged Kyuhyun from behind.

 

It seem like one hug was all it takes for Kyuhyun to break down crying. He released Sungmin's hand and turned around to hug Zhoumi back. Zhoumi could tell that this was Kyuhyun's first time to cry since Sungmin's accident. "This is all my fault. What if he won't wake up from his coma? What if... if he...."

 

"Sssshhh. Don't say anything else." Zhoumi rubbed Kyuhyun's back comfortingly as his shirt was getting wet with Kyuhyun's tears. Later on, Kyuhyun's tiredness was finally getting to him as he fell asleep right after crying his emotions out.

 

When Sungmin's parents knew that Kyuhyun was finally asleep, they said to take advantage of this situation and bring Kyuhyun back at home so he could really have some rest and maybe eat later when he wakes up. "Kyuhyun might be angry when he finds out that we took him away from Sungmin but this is for his own good too. His health is declining if he keeps up with his stubborness by staying with Sungmin." That's what Sungmin's parents said and Zhoumi agreed to help.

 

On the contrary, Kyuhyun wasn't angry when he woke up and found himself in his own bedroom. "How long was I asleep?"

 

"You slept the whole morning and afternoon. Your mom is currently making dinner so I guess you just woke up right on time." Zhoumi said softly. He couldn't bring himself to go home yet just in case Kyuhyun would become very angry and go wild when he wakes up. Kyuhyun's mother also thought that Zhoumi should stay because Kyuhyun probably really needs a friend right now. "You look a bit better now that you've rested. You should go take a bath to freshen up yourself."

 

"Why did you just suddenly appear?" Kyuhyun asked. His eyes and words were sharp towards Zhoumi.

 

"Is it wrong to be concerned for a classmate?"

 

"You've never even spoken to Sungmin. I don't understand why you would be concern for him." Kyuhyun continued to stare at Zhoumi, who was starting to feel uncomfortable and fidget a bit. "Or was your concern for me?"

 

"For you." There was no use for lying. "Because I like you and maybe I am taking advantage of the situation with Sungmin not around."

 

"So you'd prefer if Sungmin just dies?" It was an angry tone from Kyuhyun. "Get out! I don't want to see you and don't you ever talk to me again."

 

"I never wanted Sungmin to die. I just..."

 

"GET OUT!!!" The alarm clock flung towards Zhoumi and hit him on the head.

 

Zhoumi got a shock. He held his head that was in pain and quietly left the room. He promised to himself to never act on his feelings ever again because it would only lead to bad things.


THE END

A/N:  There was a week when I was feeling angsty so I wrote this.  Comments please?