~ Love. Ugh.

Let his soul be your pilot

 


The Math lesson soon ended and the teacher dismissed the class.
A heavy sigh escaped Chi’s lips when she realized that her thoughts drifted off to somewhere else again. She tried to force herself to pay full attention, but she couldn’t concentrate at all. Especially when she was sitting in the class with all the students, she felt like she was out of oxygen.

Mina quickly made her way down to Chi. It had been a whole year since she last saw her best friend, so they had a lot to talk about. When Mina appeared in front of Chi she was met with a pair of familiar eyes, but yet they were not so familiar anymore. The girl had this indefinable look in her eyes, which Mina never had seen before. She studied her for a good three seconds before she finally spoke up.

 ‘’Let’s go down to the canteen” Mina said, but was met with silence.
“The canteen?” the girl finally answered, raising an eyebrow.
She nodded, “Yes, you shall see our canteen, it quite big and awesome… Better than the one we had in Busan.” She beamed, smiling brightly.

The corner of Chi’s lips twitched a bit, “I don’t really want to see it right now… I want to be alone for a bit.” The girl mumbled. The smile on Mina’s face disappeared in a blink, Chi noticed the disappointment in Mina’s eyes, she felt bad about rejecting Mina.

“Another time okay?” Chi asked and forced a small innocent smile.

Mina pressed her lips together in a firm line. She wondered about how weird and different Chi was behaving, did something bad happen when Mina left Busan? She wanted to ask her best friend what was wrong, but something in her told her it was a bad timing.  She then nodded barely noticeably, and then dashed down to the canteen along with two other girls.

Chi knew it was a bit mean that she was trying to ignore Mina. But she did not want to tell the girl about the past and her transformation. Her goal was to be a wallflower and she was going to keep it that way. She knew Mina was stubborn as her, but the girl was at least a really caring person who would hopefully understand. So whenever Mina knew Chi didn't want to talk about something, she would let it slide. But then she would just try to find another time to ask.

Minutes passed by and the bell rang into class.

Mina sighed. She has not been able to concentrate fully on the teacher because all the worries and curiosity about Chi. What happened? Why? Who? When? Mina thought.

The girl kept sighing. Even though one year had passed she never forgot how Chi was in the past. Even she looked different now, acted different but her personality was still the same. She was simply a stubborn person who didn't want to share any of her problems with anyone, not even her.

Mina figured out that something big must happened since Chi moved away from her family, because the old Chi loved her family so much that she would never leave them. She remembered clearly when Chi got an offer to LA, she said no. The girl got a big chance to fulfill her dream but she said no, because she wanted to stay with her lovely family. So what could have happened? Who are you and what happened to my friend Chi?

 

When the last class ended, Chi just stood up and walked out of the classroom, in relief that the first day was over. Mina frowned, is she just leaving without a goodbye?
She then quickly grabbed her bag and rushed out of the classroom. She looked around, and spotted the small figure by the lockers, which were some few meters away from her. She quickened her pace and appeared in front of Chi.

Mina was greeted by a shocked expression.
Chi blinked her eyes several times, looking like she just awoke from a dream.

“H-Hi?” she stuttered, feeling a bit uneasy… Why? Because she knew Mina had figured out something. Mina giggled slightly at the girl’s shocked expression. “Let’s hang out a bit” she said, “we have barely talked today.” And then she dragged Chi out of the school, before the girl even could answer or protest. A slight smile slipped on to Chi’s face. Yeah that’s definitely Park Mina, nothing has changed… You still care about me.

Mina was Chi’s best friend after all and even though they have not seen each other in long time, the girl still cared about Mina as she did back then. Even if Chi’s plan was to be invisible and to make sure no one would notice her, Mina was definitely not a part of that no one… She was too important and special to be ignored.

Mina linked arms with the girl as they dashed towards the Bubble tea café. They entered the Café, and Chi inhaled the sweet taro scent. The Café was fancy, everything was colorful, the walls were covered with pictures and it gave off a warm feel.

“So since when did you use glasses?” Mina asked, raising her eyebrows in the hopes of being more persuasive. “I clearly remember you weren’t myopic” she added and took a sip of her bubble tea.
“I can’t remember” Chi replied, “So how is your family?” She quickly asked back, trying to change the subject, so that they wouldn't be talking about her anymore.

Anyways Chi was curious about how Mina has lived the past year. She remembered Mina was crying the whole day because she was going to move.

After Mina was gone, it took Chi two weeks to get used to her daily school routine without her best friend. She then realized that Mina was much more important to her than she had expected.

But time passed and slowly everything turned out to be normal again...almost. Of course sometimes back then the girl would find herself thinking about Mina, in hopes that she soon would comeback or at least visit her. I miss u unnie. That’s what she often thought.

“My family is doing fine, but Chae is still missing Busan and I do too… a lot.” Mina replied doing sad aeygo. “But even though Chae was easily accepted by the students, she still talks about Busan a lot.” She paused. “It amazing that a year has passed but she still has not forgot Hyunie… I don’t think she ever would move on.” Mina sighed.

“My brother misses her too… I think they are still holding the contact.” Chi replied. 

“Love is an amazing thing.” Mina sighed dreamily.

Chi’s eyes twitched a bit. Love. Ugh.

The girl’s little brother Daehyun and Mina’s little sister Chae were in love, they were so cute together. But Chi never understood their love, actually she never understood love.

Everybody says that love is so incredible, so magical and so fantastic. But the girl never felt that before not even once. Even though from long time ago there were a lot of boys surrounding her, she never found one who made her felt so magical, incredible and so fantastic.

However the boys who used to hang out with Chi would only hurt her in the end, making their friends do the same thing until Chi gave up and ignored them all.

She ended up like this because of them, or no actually because of herself…

But the point was Chi never fell in love before and she was sure, that she never would.
Because Love will always hurt you in the end.

The door to the little Bubble tea café suddenly swung open, Chi almost bit her lip. She turned her head a bit, but the sight of seven boys and two girls entering the little Bubble tea café made the girl’s gaze turn back to Mina immediately. Chi did not stare at the seven boys like the other girls in the café did, because she couldn’t care less.

Mina waved over to the two girls and they waved back. She knows them? Chi thought, raising an eyebrow. Then Chi finally looked at the boys and the girls properly, she didn’t know why but found them a bit familiar. But she couldn't think about where she had seen them before and she wasn’t sure either.

Of pure of curiosity she asked Mina. “Who are they?”

Mina looked at her dumbly, not exactly knowing how to react.

“You don’t know them?” Mina asked. The girl nodded and slowly a frown started to form upon her face. “Haha, you are not kidding me right?” Mina asked sarcastically, and Chi nodded again.

“They were in the same class as us in this morning” Mina said and looked at Chi unbelievable.

“How could you have not noticed them?” she asked again, still not believing that the girl did not notice them doing the class. “They are our schools Kingkas” Mina said. One word was enough for Chi. Kingkas.

Oh god, not Kingkas. They are everywhere. The girl thought and heaved a huge sigh.

Mina raised her eyebrow at Chi, as she saw her expression suddenly changed.
 “Something wrong?” Mina asked, “no.” Chi lied and took a sip from her Bubble tea.

“They are being called Bangtan boys” Mina said low.
Chi wrinkled her nose as she narrowed her eyes. “What a name?” Chi replied and a small chuckle escaped her lips.

Mina shrugged but she then continued to explain about them.
“Kim Namjoon the leader of the group also known as Rap monster. The principles son, he is treated like a king. Then there is Kim Seokjin known as Jin, Min Yoongi known as Suga and you have to watch out when you are around him because he really likes to joke around. Jung Hoseok known as J-Hope and Park Jimin, just Jimin. Kim Taehyung known as V and he….he is actually cute-”

“What?” Chi cut in and put the bubble tea on the table. Did she hear right? Mina said that Taeyang, Taehun… Tae-what-ever was cute?

“W-what… it was just a mistake…" she explained, "ANYWAYS the last guy. Jeon Jungkook he is really cold so don’t try to talk with him, he just going to ignore you.” Mina said and sighed.

One year ago Mina had a small crush on Jeon Jungkook, but every time she tried to talk to him, he would ignore her. He was a jerk towards her, and he pretended she didn’t even exist at all.
So after three months crush, Mina finally got over him.

 

She wouldn’t say that she fell in love with V, but she had, had a crush on him for a quite a while now. And she also found out that her crush now was much more different than the one she had on Jungkook. There was always this indescribable feeling that spread across her body whenever V talked to her, and it felt so wonderful. But they were never more than classmates and the girl didn’t have the confidence to confess to him.

Bangtan Boys was really popular. A lot of girls confessed to them every day, but all of them got rejected. And that was one of the things Mina was afraid of, being rejected was the most embarrassing and terrible thing to experience. Especially if she got rejected by the one she loved, it would be painful.

BTS aren't not some jerks, not at all. They were all kind and funny. But time passed and the fan girls become more annoying and sticky. Even though the boys really wanted to get some privacy, they never acted like jerks towards the girls, maybe cold sometimes but nothing worse than that. But only Jungkook was the one who always gave the girls a cold shoulder. Girls did not exist in his eyes. Whenever a girl spoke to him, he always had a stone face on and his eyes were filled with coldness. Why? Only s knew.

 

“Why do you know so much about them?” Chi asked curiously.

“How can you not know? They are the Kingkas and they are really popular. I cannot believe you didn’t notice them.” Mina said and shook her head with open.

“Oh and don’t forget this, Jin has a girlfriend Bomi.” Mina said and pointed discretely over to the girl with the pink shirt. “And Jimin’s girlfriend Ha young.” She pointed at the last one, the girl with long brown hair who was sitting beside Jimin.

Having Kingkas at the school was the least Chi needed, and getting to know them? No thanks.

 

♥♥♥♥

 

When Chi reached home, she threw her bag on the couch and walked into the bedroom. When she had changed her clothes into something more comfortable, she went to the kitchen.

Before she opened the fridge, her phone rang. The girl smiled slightly before she answered her phone.

“Hey my dear daughter” Mrs. Song said over the phone.
“Hi mom” the girl replied.
“So how was your school day, were you nervous, did something bad happen? Did you get scolded?” She asked.
“No, no and no mom. Everything was Fine.”
“Oh that’s good… So did you start to play the Guitar or dance?” Her mom asked curiously.

Within a second, Chi’s face changed completely. Her expression hardened and she felt her heart tightened a bit. *Guitar… and dance…* she thought and squeezed her eyes together before she cleared .

“Oh yes of course” she Lied. She didn't do anything of the sort.
“That’s good, but you know if you want to be designer one day then-”
“Mom I actually have thought about it.” Chi cut in.
“Seriously? You said that you would be a singer and dancer since you were kid!” Her mom replied unbelievable.
“Is something wrong dear?”
“No, everything is fine…” the girl paused. “Mom it's late now and I have to go to school tomorrow” she declared. She just wanted to end the conversation.
“I know, I'm just not use to the fact that you are gone!” Mrs. Song said and let go a sigh.
“I love you mom.”
“Love you too, make sure you sleep and eat properly” her mom commanded.
“I know bye.” Chi replied and they ended the call.

Everything will change now mommy…


I promise i will be back with a new chapter tomorrow. ^^