~ That's Chi?

Let his soul be your pilot

 


The sun was shining brightly, and it was nearly 7am.
The girl woke up and she covered her eyes from the sun’s rays. She tiredly rubbed her eyes and forced herself out of the bed.
It has been 2 weeks now, since she moved alone to Seoul, she got her own apartment and a job. She was only eighteen and people might ask why she moved out so early  age but she had a reason. It wasn’t because she got kicked out, but because she couldn’t bear living in Busan anymore. She was a normal child and her parents were loving and caring. She loved them and never dreamed about leaving them but what happened, changed her mind.

 

She put her brand new school uniform on and walked over to the mirror and looked at herself.
Closing her eyes, she heaved a huge sigh.
“New town, new school, new people… and new me. You can do it, Song Chi.’’ she said and put her glasses on.

Grabbing her black backpack, she walked down to the bus stop.
Soon the bus 11 arrived and some people hurried out of the bus. Another sigh escaped her lips and she stepped inside the bus.
She showed her ticket and went down the back of the bus to find an empty seat to take.
Chi leaned her head against the window and soon, she was trapped in her own thoughts.

After what happened three months ago, she has often asked herself why she was even living. What was the meaning of life?.
The only thing she had left was her family, but she couldn’t force herself to tell them about her situation.
So she decided to move out, but even if she left the town and her family, she would never forget that horrible mistake for the rest of her life.
Would she ever get over it? Three months have already passed but the pain was still there, deep inside her heart.
She lost all her friends, became an outcast who everyone despised and laughed at.
They and and ....until she broke down.
Her mistakes that were all they remembered. She couldn’t bear it anymore, so she ran away from her problems because she could not fight back… it was her own fault after all.

During the last two months at her old school, she tried not to socialize with children of the school as much as she could.
And she would try to do the same here as well.

Chi snapped out from her thoughts and realized that it was her stop, so she pressed on the stop button.

With heavy steps the girl dashed towards the school.
She took a deep breath as she looked at the school in front of her with lifeless eyes.
If she ever had a choice she would drop out of school immediately, not because she was bad academically, but because she didn’t like the company of people around her. However she didn’t have any other choice but attend to the prestigious school since her parents didn’t give her other options. If she wanted to move to Seoul she couldn’t refuse but accept it. After all her parents just wanted the best for her.

Her dad has owned a small company but the company went bankrupt after four years. Why? She didn’t know, and her parents never told her the reason since she was still a child back then. Even though her memories are not that clear but she still remembered her dad and mom fought a lot during that time because things started to go wrong. For years Mr. Song couldn’t find a proper job, and their debts increase. But then her mom finally succeed as a designer, and after one year she opened her own store, which is now one of the most popular clothes store in South-Korea. After that, things started to go on the right direction for the family Song. And it didn’t take long before Mr. Song opened a new company and with time the company grew even bigger and became more successful than his first one. After all the family had been through, Chi learned more about life, how unfair and difficult it could be. And she finally realized why her parents wanted her to study hard and be successful.

As the oldest child in the family, her father wanted her to take over the company in the further however her mother wanted her to be a designer just like her. But the girl refused to both of her parents, she didn’t want to be the next CEO of her dad’s company or to be a designer. Because ever since she was a child, she had always dreamed about one thing, but now it seemed impossible to make her dream come true. Especially after what she had done.

After looking at the school for few seconds she finally took the first step into the school’s area.
‘’No one knows who you are so just be invisible.’’ Chi whispered and she nervously entered the school. Fortunately the corridor was empty, a relieved sigh escaped her lips and she made her way towards the principal office.

Feeling a bit nervous she knocked on the door.
“Come in” someone called from inside.
The nervousness didn’t want to disappear, and the man in his fifties who was sitting on the black chair in front of his desk only made her more nervous. But she remained calm.

“Take a seat” the man said, his eyes were penetrating but his smile was warm.
She bowed ninety degree and then did as she was told.
“So you are the new student?” the man asked, “Ne.” She simply replied.
“I am Kim Joo Hyuk, the school’s principal” he told.
“I am Song Chi” the girl replied.

The old man took a quick glance at the girl in front of him. It was slightly surprising that the girl seemed to be really calm… somehow cold? And why does she look so different… somehow... scary? Mr. Kim thought and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Where is my first class Mr. Kim?” Chi asked, her voice was cold and she didn’t sound nervous at all.  Her question made Mr. Kim snap out of his own thoughts.

He eyed the girl “Oh...” he mumbled. “Class A101 miss.” he replied.
“Thank you.” She said and stood up from her seat. She just stood there, her face blank not breaking the eye-contact with the old man. “Is there anything else I need to know?” she asked coldly.

“No.” the man answered a bit unsure. Chi bowed before she made her way towards the door, before she reached the door knob, she heard him say. “I hope you will get a great time at our school Mrs. Song.” Then She nodded before she closed the door behind her. Her body relaxed a bit as she felt the nervousness leave her body. Chi didn’t know if she was too disrespectful. It was just, who she was now. Cold.

 

 

The girl walked towards the class A101. For the past 2 months, she would just go to school hoping to not get involved or cause any trouble. She came here to learn, not to try and make friends, and she would like to continue living like this, even though it was lonely being all alone. She squeezed her eyes together as she slowly opened the door. In a relief there was no one inside. Then She went down the back of the class and decided this was her new seat, in the corner.


Chi narrowed her eyes as she suddenly heard the sound of screaming girls came closer to the class room. It didn’t take long when the door suddenly swung open. And seven boys walked in and the girls were right behind them. Just like all the schools in the world, there were groups of people. The geeks, the athletes, the punks, the wallflowers, the queens and… the kings.
But Chi didn’t mind, she didn’t paid attention to it anymore. She simply looked at them for no more than a second before she turned her gaze back to the window.

The students were exactly the same in her old school anyways, with the makeup, the modern hair and attention-demanding personalities. But only one thing was different, they didn’t know her at all. “I guess that's the only plus...", she whispered to herself, waiting for the next round of crazy squealing girls to walk in.

Chi was afraid of school and the students. Actually she was afraid of people in general, apart from her family of course.

Some few seconds later the door opened up again and even more girls ran over to the boys desperately. But the girl continued looking out the window, pretending to be invisible. Even if she was curious, she did not dare to look at them. She just wanted to remain invisible and unknown. This was the best thing and the...right thing for her to do. 

Everything reminded her of her old school and it just made her more uneasy.
Maybe being invisible might not be as hard as she thought it would be, seeing as though her whole class had arrived and they hadn’t noticed her yet.

Everything was fine until she heard a voice, a very familiar voice, which talked to her.
“Are you new?” the female asked.
Chi recognized the voice immediately, she knew it too well. The girl had wanted to hear the female’s voice in a long time but just couldn't.
She blinked her eyes open before she looked up. The girl was met with two all too familiar eyes, which she has missed so much. At the familiar face, Chi felt her heart contradict. But not in sadness but in happiness. The girl was shocked.
‘’Chi?” The girl sounded as surprised and shocked as Chi.

“Mina?” Chi said and stood up from her seat, while being pulled into a tight hug.
She could not believe her eyes, her best friend was standing right in front of her. She couldn't describe how happy she was. Before the girl could think about it further, she wrapped her arms around Mina’s body, returning the hug gladly.

“Oh My God is so long time since I saw you” Mina said and her eyes started to tear up.

Chi and Mina were best friends since they were kids, but one day Mina moved out of Busan to Seoul and they never saw each other again. It just happened, so fast.
Chi glanced at the girl once again, as if to make sure Mina was really there. She didn’t know what to say, because she was overwhelmed with the situation.

“So when did you move?” Mina asked. She sounded extremely curious and excited.
The corner of Chi’s lips curled up into a slight smile. “Two weeks ago.” She simple replied. Chi wasn’t a girl with long replies anymore, her replies for the past few months was short, simple and cold. Mina frowned as she noticed the different tone in Chi’s voice immediately. But she let it slide as she thought it was nothing and she just nodded slightly.

“So how are your parents?” Mina continued asking “and where do you live?”
“They are still in Busan.” Chi sighed.
“Why?” Mina asked, but was met with silence.

The girl just gave Mina a small smile. “I just wanted to have some time by myself.” She mumbled and looked up to meet with Mina’s eyes.
 “Ahh…” Mina nodded slightly, as she tried to understand. She slowly noticed that Chi was not relaxed at all, however she looked really tired and… sad. Something was definitely off.

“Anyways WOW you look a lot different now” Mina said and looked at Chi from top to toe.
“If I saw you out at the street I may not recognized you” she joked and giggled.
“That’s a good thing” Chi replied grimly. Her answer surprised Mina a bit, as she stopped her giggling immediately. And a frown appeared on Mina’s face, second time already today and the day had barely began.
“Is something wrong Chi-ah?” The girl asked worriedly, “and what happened?” She asked while pointing at Chi's appearance. Chi's appearance was black, really black. Only her uniform was blue, but somehow she made it look sad and dark. She looked kind of Goth, with her black hair, black clothes, and pale face… she looked somehow scary. But it wasn’t only her outfit, it was definitely also her aura… she had a cold yet scary aura around her.  Before Chi even could answer the teacher entered the class. Chi watched Mina go back to her seat, which was at the front of the classroom, while hers was at the back in the corner.

With a relieved sigh, Chi leaned back. She really didn’t know what to answer if the teacher didn’t come in. Because she didn’t know how to explain why she even looked like this.
Or more she could not explain and she would not explain, because what happened could not be brought up and cause pain again.

Back then, Mina and Chi never ever hid secrets from each other but that didn't mean they had the same relationship now. They have just met each other again and that did not meant that she should tell Mina everything already. Being best friends didn’t make them one person, nor did it force them to tell everything to each other. After all, they were still two different people who had right to have secrets.

Mina noticed that Chi was in her own world the whole lesson, and Mina was pretty sure that Chi did not even hear a word the teacher said. The girl looked so uncomfortable and sad, she looked like a lost child.

When the half of the lesson had passed Mina stole another glance at Chi, who was still sitting at the same position, the books untouched in front of her. Chi’s eyes were empty, but her gaze was directed at the table where the books were. However Mina was sure that the girl’s thoughts were somewhere else.  Something is wrong. Mina thought.

 


Okay, if you guys have noticed it I have edited my story. I just want to make the story even better. I wasn’t really satisfied with it and there were too many mistakes. So I decided to spend more of my time to make the story even better. However I just wanted to satisfy you guys and myself. I knew from the beginning I could do it better, but at first I just did it for fun. Of course I still do, but after I reached 1500 subscribers, I will be more serious about my writing skills. I seriously didn’t think that I would ever reach 1500 subscribers, and I can’t describe how thankful I am. I hope that you guys are not angry or disappointed that I decided to change/edit the story. I promise you that it will not take long, since I already know what shall happen.

THANKS to Prima99 for helping me edit this chapter!♥

I think that’s was it, It’s 1:37 am right now and I have a lot to do tomorrow. (Mom going to be mad if she finds out that i am still awake.) 
Good night I better go to sleep now, hihi.^^ *Bow* 

Please don't be mad and continue to support me. However leave a comment, about your opinion about the "new" first chapter.
Hihi d: Love to you all!