Chapter 4: The Star

Miracles in December

“Although I see that you’re so far away,

I send myself to the you that I can’t reach,

You’re so high up

Your starlight tells a dream

I want to be right by your side”

 

 

 

BaekYeol

 

Baekhyun waited at the park. This used to be his and Chanyeol’s place. Chanyeol snapping pictures of people who were passing by and pictures of Baekhyun himself. He had called Chanyeol and they had agreed to meet.

 

Chanyeol suddenly sat beside Baekhyun without him noticing and slip his hands into Baeks.

“Yah. You’re late you giant.” Baek teased Chanyeol.

 

“It’s because I got you these.” Chanyeol showed Baekhyun a bouquet of rainbow flowers.

 

“WOW. It’s so beautiful.” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“Of course, I learn from the best.” winked Chanyeol.

 

It has almost been a year since the phone call and Baekhyun and Chanyeol were taking things slow.

 

“I’m sorry I ever left you.” Baek cried.

 

“No. It’s my fault you left.” Chanyeol said. “My attitude had no excuse that night. I was a complete arse okay?”

 

“I’ve been a wreck ever since.” Bakehyun admitted.

 

“Me too.” Chanyeol agreed. “Wanna start over?”

 

Then the line went dead.Chanyeol’s heart sank.

 

 Chanyeol worried that that was the final answer. He was never going to see or hear Baek again. But an hour later someone knocked.

 

Chanyeol opened to see a flushed Baekhyun holding chinese take out and very pink in the face.

 

“Annyeong. I’m Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“Did you just ran here?!” Chanyeol exclaimed. Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol took Baekhyun and hugged him. “Don’t ever do that again.”

 

“Come on! Let’s go and eat. I’m hungry.” Baekhyun complained.

 

“Always hungry.” Chanyeol chuckled. Then he noticed a star shining brightly, and Chanyeol closed his eyes and thanked the star for this chance with Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun saw the star too and he noticed Chanyeol closing his eyes. Baek whispered under batehd breath: “Hey, Star, thanks. If this is your fault or not, thanks.”

 

 

 

KaiSoo

 

It’s been almost a year, a week from now will be Christmas eve again. D.O sighed.

 

Then there was a sudden knock on the door.

 

D.O opened it to find a postman there.

 

“For a mister Do Kyungsoo?” The postman asked.

 

“That’s me.” D.O said, surprised. He had not heard his real name in a while.

 

“For you then sir.” And handed him the envelope.

 

D.O thanked the postman and paid him and went to his kitchen to open the letter. Inside he found a folded poster and the words: THE STAR: KAI Comeback.

 

D.O stared at it for a while and went to the letter coming with it.

 

“Kyungsoo-hyung

 

This is Kim Jongin. It’s been a while huh?

 

I’m inviting you to be there at my very first dance performance again after a long time. Please be there. You did promise remember? Baekhyun will be there and he misses you so much.

 

Love,
Kai a.k.a Kim Jongin.”

 

D.O’s hands shook after reading the letter.

 

Kim Jongin was a name he dared not see or hear again, and now it was in front of him. All the pain had surprisingly gone away, but the memory was still there, still etched on his mind as if it was yesterday.

 

 

D.O made up his mind and decided to call someone. Someone who he avoided for a long time.

 

The phone rang and after the fourth ring, someone answered.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” A voice unknown to D.O answered.

 

“Yeoboseyo? Is Baekhyun there?” D.O. asked.

 

“Who’s that Chanyeol?” D.O heard Baekhyun ask at the other end.

 

“Dunno. It’s for you.”

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Baekhyun this time.

HunHan

 

“Wake up Sehunnie! Today’s a special day!”

 

Sehun woke up to the voice of Luhan. Even the alarm clock’s voice was Luhan. Sehun chuckled, Luhan had pretty much thought of everything. Sehun’s mobile rang. He opened it, a pre recorder video message played.

 

“Sehunnie! You up yet? I have a surprise for you. It would be waiting for you by the door.”

 

It was Luhan as usual, who had timed a lot of surprises. Really it was like he was still alive. But there were times that Sehun really missed Luhan’s warm body and his smiles and kisses. He got up and went to the front door and opened it. A cage with the sign: “Star Pets and Vet” greeted him.

 

He picked it up puzzled and placed it on the table, he peeked inside. Two cats were inside. Sehun’s eyes grew. He noticed a letter inside with the cats. He opened the cage and the two cats went out, Sehun looked at both of the cats. One cat went to purr in his hand and the other looked at him with lazy eyes as if to say: “So you’re my new pet. Feed me.”

 

“Sehunnie!

 

These cats are yours now. Notice how they are named Luhan and Sehun. Luhan has sparkly eyes like me and full of energy and Sehun is well.. Like Sehun. Lazy and lazy. Hahahahahaha.

 

I’ve thought of a lot of things right? Don’t worry there’s more.

 

I love you Sehun. I am missing you wherever I am right now I guess. I love you.

 

Lulu Hyung.”

 

The letter read. Sehun looked down at Sehun who was still staring at him.

 

“You look nothing like me.” Sehun stuck his tongue out. Sehun the cat only looked away. Sehun chuckled. He picked up Luhan and looked at the cat’s eyes.

 

 He was taken aback, Luhan the cat’s eyes had the same twinkling feature Luhan’s eyes had. Sehun smiled. These two are great. He thought.