Rosette II

Alstroemeria

Hongki was right. He jumped out of his car to see Jaejin’s sunken silhouette against the night sky, brightly lit by the full moon.

 

He trudged along the fields of alstroemerias towards Jaejin. As he got closer, he could see Jaejin’s shoulders heave up and down uncontrollably. He bit his under lip. Seeing someone who cared for him hurt so much is the worst form of punishment ever. He would do anything just to make him feel better.

 

He stopped a few steps behind Jaejin. He was so weakened by Jaejin’s sorrow, all he could whisper was,

 

“I’m sorry Jinnie. I can explain everything.”

 

“Who said you could come here without my permission?! You are the last person I want here now! You are not worthy of stepping onto this land. Get out and I NEVER want to see you again!”

 

Jaejin screamed his lungs out. No one has ever heard Jaejin quite this loud. His hoarse voice sliced Hongki’s heart into two. He knew nothing he did could reverse the damage he had done to the person who had once loved him for who he was. He retreated slowly back the way he came. Tears couldn’t stop pouring out his eyes as he sobbed involuntarily. He hated how Jaejin was always there for him, but right now, he could do nothing – because he was the source of Jaejin’s pain.

 

Hongki stumbled into his car limply and sat in there for a long, long time, staring at Jaejin’s silhouette, making sure he didn’t do anything dumb. As the night grew darker, Hongki’s eyelids grew heavier. His head throbbed from all that has happened within the day. Slowly, he fell into the comfort of oblivion and rest.

 

***

 

Grey clouds hovered over the garden of alstroemeria. Chilly winds blew over the garden; flowers swayed relunctantly, as if they were trying to defy the wind. This morning, the garden was an empty, empty place.

 

“Jaejin…jaejinnie…stop, listen to me…no…don’t go awa-“ Hongki jumped in his seat as his dream came to an abrupt end. He shook his head and buried his face in his hands in recollection of what happened just a few hours ago. He turned to look for Jaejin’s silhouette. As expected, he has left. 


It's a really short update but it's kind of the story's ~ Thank you for all the support and comments <3 I really jump for joy whenever my notifications turn red:) Enjoy~