Rosette

Alstroemeria

The drive back home was filled with comfortable, light-hearted conversations about everything happening in their lives. Something was different about the atmosphere in the car. Everything seemed lighter, sweeter and brighter. Both Hongki and Jaejin could not stop smiling.

 

Alas, when Jaejin pulled up in front of their residence, they knew it was time to part. Jaejin unbuckled his seatbelt awkwardly, wishing time would slow down.

 

“Thank you again for cancelling your plans and spending time with me today, Jinnie,” Hongki said out of the blue, forcing a smile onto his reddened face.

 

“You have no idea how great it was, hyung,” Jaejin replied, staring at his fingers. “I guess I’d go first.”

 

Just as Jaejin was about to hop off his car, he stretched towards his right and gave Hongki a quick peck on his cheek. And immediately, he was out of the car and unlocking the front door.

 

Hongki froze in his seat, still trying to process the incident that had just happened. He blinked a couple of times. His heart rate shot up and he face started to burn. How was he supposed to feel? He was confused.

 

Jaejin hopped right in the household with a smitten smile on his face.

 

“Hello, hyung! Hi Hyunnie and Minhwan~” Jaejin greeted the members with extraordinary enthusiasm. He then proceeded to skip up the steps and enter his bedroom. All this while, his eyes twinkled like stars in the night sky, just like a 6th grader who had just came home with a full-mark paper. 

 

The members stared on in curiosity, surprised by Jaejin’s sudden burst of energy.

 

“What’s up with Jaejing hyung?” Seunghyun wondered out loud, his gaze following Jaejin’s speedy movements with a confused expression on his face.

 

“He said he was going out with his HSM cast this morning. Maybe something happened between him and Ryeowook?” Minhwan answered, munching on popcorn.

 

Things surely can’t be so simple, Jonghoon thought to himself, staring in silence from the kitchen.

 

Ever since he had broken up with Hongki, Hongki and Jaejin got so much closer. Sure, things were going fine – no, great – with Seungri. But somehow, Jonghoon felt uncomfortable that his power over Hongki was getting lesser and lesser by the day. It wasn’t that he wanted to see Hongki live in grief, it was just, how could he have gotten over him so quickly?

 

He snapped out of his daze just in time to catch Hongki walking in with his head down. Hongki ignored the members’ presence and went straight up to his bedroom. His door closed shut without a click.
 

***

 

Hongki exited his bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist to find Jonghoon sitting on the edge of his queen-sized bed. He jumped out of rude shock and threw on his hair towel to cover his chest.

 

“You didn’t use to care about how skimpy you were in front of me,” Jonghoon mocked.

 

“Yea, because I moved on,” Hongki retorted.

 

He made his way to his desk and put on his night products. He could see Jonghoon staring at him through his mirror. He knew he didn’t feel for Jonghoon anymore, but he was scared. Of what he wasn’t sure, scared of the person whom had hurt him so deeply before, or that he would fall for him again?

 

“I can see that you moved on very quickly.” Jonghoon said, then paused for a while. “Who is Jaejin to you right now?”

 

“Jinnie… He’s my dongsaeng, a very close one. I know I can count on him when I need someone by my side, unlike you,” Hongki turned around to find Jonghoon directly behind him, taking him by surprise once again. His heart raced, afraid of what this gorgeous yet totally warped person can do to him.

 

The next moment, before Hongki could react, Jonghoon straddled his legs around Hongki’s hip.

 

“But can he give you what I can?” Jonghoon said with a smirk on his face.

 

Jonghoon pressed his ever-moisturized lips against Hongki’s pale ones, smooching them, nourishing them. He cupped Hongki’s face in his hands and held the latter close to him. Hongki resisted, trying his best to push Jonghoon off with his good hand. However, he could no longer resist when Jonghoon started ing his hips against his. Adrenaline coursed through his body, making him desire more.

 

 It feels so right. Jonghoon’s body against mine, it’s heavenly. I’m so close to giving in… No – but not right now. I have Jaejin.

 

Just as Jonghoon was about to throw Hongki’s towel off his chest, Hongki held onto him arm firmly. Hongki pulled away from Jonghoon’s kiss,

 

“He may not be as good as you at hooking up, but the affection he offers is way more valuable than yours.”

 

Jonghoon stared into Hongki’s eyes. He has never seen them so cold before, not towards him.

 

“Get off and get out,” Hongki demanded.

 

Jonghoon got off Hongki but remained standing in his room.

 

“Are you really into that kid? Or are you just taking him as a substitute?” Jonghoon shot the question to spite Hongki, taking advantage of Hongki’s uncertainty towards Jaejin.

 

“That’s none of your business. If you won’t leave, I will,” Hongki’s voice thundered in his room.

 

Hongki stomped out of his room, but stopped in his tracks to find that he was stepping on a stalk of flower – a flower he could never be more familiar with. Hongki’s heart scrunched up in sheer sorrow the moment his eyes landed on the flower. He reached down, picked up the single stalk and stared at it through his blurred vision. The petals of the flower were crumpled, its leaves hanging down without energy. He knew fully, he had, with his bare hands, shattered Jaejin’s heart into a million, billion, trillion pieces. He couldn’t bear to imagine how much pain he had caused such a pure heart.

 

Instantly, he threw on some fresh clothing and rushed downstairs despite his hurting foot. He turned towards Seunghyun and Minhwan, who were cuddling by the television and asked in a haste,

 

“Where did jinnie say he was going?”

 

“He didn’t mention anything when he left hyung,” Seunghyun responded in confusion once again. Both of them knew something was terribly wrong.

 

Hongki cursed under his breath, annoyed at himself more than he was at anyone. He rushed out of the door, hoping to catch a glimpse of where Jaejin headed. There was no one. He placed his hands on his hips and caught his breath. Ah yes, there was only one place Jaejin could be heading towards at this moment.

 

Hongki hopped into his red Ferrari and drove down the roads Jaejin did just a few hours ago, wishing with all his might Jaejin would be there. 


Slight Jongki ? I gave in to the temptation of finishing this story. Hope you enjoy this!