Part 5

My Wolf

A few months later…

 

The leaves turn brown-red and then into dust. The crisp, green grasses are dead and buried underneath a blanket of snow. Although most of nature’s greens are killed off by the icy storm, it still manages to look serene and beautiful underneath the omniscient sky.

 

“Gotcha Yul!”

“Everybody! Attack the older!”

“YAHHHHHH!”

 

Five little kids, leading by a very enthusiastic Seohyun, chase Yuri around in their snowy backyard. Each one are armed with many snowballs in their arms, throwing as many as they can at Yuri’s back.

Now Yuri is quite fast and strong and could outrun the horde easily. But instead, she jogs around with ease in the snow while purposefully getting hit with snowballs by an army of neighboring children. Although she couldn’t communicate better than a toddler, she still finds a way to play with the children.

 

“Yah everyone! Hot chocolate is here!” Yoona came out of the house, holding a tray of six, steaming mugs.

“HOT CHOCOLATE?!”

 

Every kid drops their snowballs and quickly run over to get their hot, sugary chocolate drinks, but as always in all of their races, Yuri is already first in line.

 

“Aw you’re too fast Yul!”

“Is she a superhero or something?”

“For once I want to beat her in running!”

 

Yoona let out a giggle when she sees Yuri smiling like a dork at her with snow everywhere on her clothes, including on her long, black hair.

 

“You’re not cold? Freezing like this?” Yoona asks while pretending to shiver.

 

It takes Yuri a long time to process questions and sentences towards her. But after seeing what Yoona had meant, she shakes her head in reply. 

 

“Yah don’t get some of the snow on me silly!” Yoona laughs as she is being attacked by Yuri’s snow storm. “Let me pass out the drinks to the kids first. I think I need to help you on how to drink that.”

 

After passing out the hot chocolate drinks to the kids who are drinking it outside on the front porch, Yoona and Yuri are sitting inside in the living room on a couch.

 

“Try it Yul, just a sip though…Like this.” And Yoona takes an air sip, showing the other on how to drink from a mug rather than lapping it up like a dog.

 

Her lips are pretty

 

Staring into her mug, Yuri did what Yoona was showing her; she pushes her lips together and places it on the edge of the mug, taking her first sip. Unfortunately, since she sips her drink too fast, she widens her eyes and yelps in pain.

 

“Oh no not that fast! Is it still too hot?” Yoona takes the mug out of Yuri’s hands. “Here let me cool it down.”

 

Even during her meltdown of the hot drink burning , Yuri still watches Yoona with her curious eyes. Her heart slowly begins to accelerate in its beatings when she sees Yoona blowing air into her mug in order to cool it down.

 

What is she doing to the cup?

 

“Here try this.”

 

But Yuri shakes her head and backs away from the mug, not wanting to experience the hellish drink down in again.

 

“Aww you don’t need to be afraid. I already cooled it down see?” Yoona scooches closer to the protesting wolf girl. “You can trust me Yul right?”

 

Trust?

 

In her animal mind, she already made her choice to not try that drink every again but one look at Yoona’s eyes and she is already under her control.

Letting out a sigh, Yuri gathers up her strength and approaches the mug, taking it in her both hands. Facing on with her opponent, she again did what Yoona had showed her in the beginning. Expecting to meet the burning liquid in again, she is surprised to taste the sweet, lukewarm drink instead.

 

“You like it Yul?”

 

Yoona smiles when she sees Yuri shakes her head happily, gulfing down her hot chocolate dry in less than a second.

 

“Don’t drink it too fast or else you’ll get-“

“HIC!”

“…Hiccups.”

 

The wolf girl moves her head in every direction, opening and closing in curiosity of why is acting so strange. At this sight, Yoona laughs at the silliness of the other.

 

“Calm down, just close your mouth and be quiet like this.”

 

She leans in closer to place both of her hands on both sides of Yuri’s face, immediately effective in calming down the other. Instead of focusing on her hiccups, the wolf girl only focuses on the soft touch of the doe-eyed girl’s hands.

And as time passes by, even though her hiccups are beginning to decrease, her heartbeat’s tempo is beginning to accelerate rapidly.

At this moment, inside of the warm, cozy house, Yoona feels herself getting sleepy; she has been studying and working hard for a while today.

 

“Wow I’m pretty sleepy.” Yoona yawns and drowsily slides her hands back from Yuri’s face. “I’m going back to my room for a nap-“

 

But Yoona is pulled back down to the couch by a strong but gentle force, causing her to awkwardly land on Yuri’s lap.

 

“N…”

“Yul?”

 

Yuri curses herself for not being able to talk yet, especially at this moment. Instead, she shakes her head again saying no.

 

“Silly, I can’t be with you all the time,” Yoona giggles at her protesting pup. “Then where would I sleep then huh?”

 

With no pause, Yoona gets her question answered when Yuri pats her own shoulder, looking at her with her sincere, brown eyes.

 

“Mwo? … Like this Yul?”

Yuri smiles and nods her head happily when she sees and feels Yoona’s head on her shoulder. Once Yoona settles in her new position on the couch, Yuri wraps her arms around Yoona’s shoulders, laying her head on top of Yoona’s.

 

‘She really likes skinship huh? But I can’t complain…’ Yoona thought as she slowly drifts to sleep, snuggling closer to Yuri. ‘Her embraces makes me feel warm and somehow…alive’

 

As the fire crackles in their living room and the screams and laughs of children resumes out on the snowy field, two girls decide to stop their time by lulling themselves into their dreams.

 

---

 

As Yoona dreams, she remembers what had happened over these past months. And in those past months, Yuri has been close to Yoona’s side almost all the time; well except for little Seohyun who would want Yuri to play with her and her new friends. Otherwise, the Im’s family begins to accept her as part of their family. And in return, Yuri becomes their household protector.

In her dreams, she remembers so many good memories that had been made together with Yuri. From learning how to teach her how to dress to letting her stay in her bedroom after much whimpering and scratching behind her door, the most prominent and confusing one is when she tries to teach Yuri on how to talk.

 

“Your name is Y, U, R, I…Yuri, can you say that?”

 

Yuri opens her mouths and tries to pronounce each letter, only to have failed as she instead sounds like the monster from The Grudge.

 

“Oh that’s okay! At least you can make sounds…Umm maybe try to say Yoona? That’s a bit easier. It’s Y, O, O, N, A… Yoon-Ah.”

“Y-o-argh…” Yuri tries again but pouts and lays her head on the desk in defeat, tired of these hard lessons on human speech.

“Aw Yul it’s getting better I promise.” Yoona smiles at the hopeless looking girl. “Since you tried very hard, you deserve the head pat you always like.”

 

Just one touch from Yoona and Yuri instantly feels better; it feels like magic for her. In return, Yuri perks her head up and leans closer to Yoona, smiling in comfort.

 

“You’re in love with this kind of stuff huh?”

“…Love?”

 

The doe eyed girl nearly shoots out from the ground when she hears a perfect sounded word coming out from the wolf girl’s mouth.

 

“Eh?! Yul? Did you just speak?” Yoona grabs Yuri’s shoulders and looks at her with intense curiosity. But Yuri looks away immediately for she could not control herself whenever she gazes upon those doe eyes; she let her long, onyx hair block her blushing cheeks.

“…Love…” Yoona sighs and loosens up her grip on Yuri’s shoulder. “I said love earlier and you repeated that word…”

“Love?” Again Yuri says it again but with much more confidence; she knows what it is because of Yoona but doesn’t know how to say that word verbally.

“Yes, you say it so well…” Yoona trail her words off; her speech is distracted by her heart which then is distracted by the sound of Yuri’s voice.

 

Just like her strong, but caring image, her voice is husky with a bit of feminine touch to it.

 

“Okay that was a nice break and I’m excited that you speak one word successfully but let’s try writing-Oof! “

 

Suddenly in her mid-sentence, Yoona is pushed down by Yuri on the ground. Yuri places her hands on the ground by both sides of Yoona’s face while sitting on Yoona’s stomach.

 

“Yul get off of me!” Yoona groans and tries to push off Yuri but trying to push off the wolf girl is like moving a mountain. “It’s not game time yet!”

 

This position is familiar for Yoona because Yuri would always do this whenever she sees Yoona after bath, sleep, or whenever she was gone. It is also her way of saying that she wants to play, especially with Yoona.

 

“Yul seriously knock it off! I am not going to let you off the h-…“

But Yoona’s words once again disappear when she sees Yuri lowering her head closer and closer to hers. She holds her breath and clenches her fists nervously, unsure of what the wolf girl’s intentions are now.

At their position, it is like holding down a prey for Yuri except instead of ending its life; she wants to keep holding onto it. Weeks have been passed and slowly, the human side of Yuri wants to resurface, wanting to confess to Yoona about her feelings. And at this close, ordinary and strange moment, it just feels right for her to do so now.

In less than a second, Yoona’s heart beats wildly when she feels Yuri’s cheeks on hers; the wolf girl nuzzles her cheek against the doe eyed girl, showing affection for the other. All Yuri could think is how soft Yoona’s face is. All Yoona could think is how close and intimate Yuri is; she doesn’t deny the fact that she enjoys this closeship.

 

“Why…why are you doing this to me? What do you want from me?”

“… Love…”

 

---

 

“No! Stop it let go of her!”

 

Yoona suddenly open her eyes at her mother’s alarming voice. Although she feels dizzy from a sudden wake-up call, she looks around to her side, finding that Yuri isn’t there.

 

“Umma where’s Yuri?” Yoona gets up from the couch and follows her mother’s voice to outside. “What’s going on?”

 

But as soon as she finds her mother, her eyes widen in panic at the sight. Yuri is being held by two bigger men, thrashing and growling about while an older man is observing her with his beady eyes behind his crooked glasses.

 

“Unnie? Umma? What’s going on?” Seohyun asks in fear as she approaches from the front door.  

“Seohyun get back inside!” The mother quickly ushers her youngest daughter inside. “Yoona I’ll be right back! I just need to tuck Seohyun in.” The mother says while pointing her head at the phone, signaling that she will call the police.

 

“Be safe Umma…” Yoona watches her mother go inside. After the front door is shut, she immediately focuses her attention on Yuri again.

 

“Yul?”

 

Yuri turns her gaze around to find Yoona rushing towards her. She immediately soften when she sees her coming but feels her adrenaline increasing rapidly at her attempt to struggle out of the men’s hold. She kicks sharply at the one man’s greatest weakness while biting down on the other who is attempting to cover .

 

“Holy s***! W-why is this woman strong?!”

“F****** B****!” One man throws back his bloody hand behind his back in defense. “She almost gnawed my hand off!”

“Interesting…Interesting…The creature has made feelings with the other of her race which means that she is capable of handling her supernatural sense after all.” The old man mutters at this observation while quickly scribbling in his notes.

“Stop this! Leave the woman alone! Why are you doing this?!”

“Oh my Yoona, your stupid little mind is cute…How could you think of this savage as a woman?”

Yoona clenches her fists when she recognizes that bastard’s voice. “Taecyeon…”

“I’m back baby.” The cocky, young man enters the scene with a cigarette in his hand.

 

As he walks forward to stand in front of Yoona, she backs away in fear, covering for his cigarette is in close range. He smiles and takes a puff from the stick and breathes out in the wintery air, pleased that he successfully blocks Yoona from the savage.

 

“Smoking outside in the cold air is the best hmm?” He smirks as he turns around and starts to circle around Yuri, loving the feel of power over the other. “But do you know what else I like the best? … Taking my revenge on a lowly b******”

“Yuri!” Yoona cries out when she sees Yuri getting punches and kicks in her abdomen, face, and just everywhere he could hit.

 

Yuri is strong and durable but Taecyeon’s hits are from weak. She struggles to fight back but with two men holding back her limbs, her power is limited to use. She feels bruises forming and blood swelling on her dark skin with multiple attacks made at her. The loss of blood and the intense amount of pain boiling makes her vision very blurry, closing her eyes weakly as she admits to the dark then to the light.

 

“Not as strong as she used to be several years ago…” More scribbling done in his notebook.”

“You bastard! You d****!”

 

Yuri hazily opens her eyes to see a blurry image of the doe-eyed woman trying to push Taecyeon off from her. But her image becomes clearer when she sees Taecyeon pushing down Yoona on the snow, making her flailing her body in desperation for air.

 

“You aren’t very smart aren’t you?” Taecyeon sighs in frustration of his stupid fiancé and kneels down on the snow, taking his cigarette out of his mouth. “Yah, look at me.”

“N...-N-no…”

Slaps

“What did you say? You know that I don’t take no for an answer!”

 

The wolf girl’s blood is boiling with her adrenaline shooting up to its maximum level.

 

“P-please…T-t-aec… I-I-I c-can’t b-br-re-athe…” Yoona coughs violently and tries to hold her weak chest with her shivering hands.

“Shut up! Shut up about your lungs! You can’t fool me with this lung disease s*** of yours! You always have been fine!”

 

The wolf girl hunches her back forward to extend her spine, bones, and muscles. Her hair begins to grow briskly and coarsely until it covers her entire body as black as midnight. Her fingernails extend from its roots to curve into like claws. Her face grows bigger and longer with hairy ears and a ferocious snout.

With their large, scared eyes and shivering limbs, the two men are like babies dressed up in adults’ clothes compared to the great wolf beast.

The older man takes a step back away from the scientist’s creation, couldn’t stop his shaky hands on his notebook. While he has the chance, he runs away from the house and brings out his walkie-talkie to his frightened mouth.

 

“Red code red code! The creation has been turned! I repeat the creation has been turned!”

 “Yoona they’re coming-? Yoona? YOONA!”

“Umm boss?! The b****!”

“Why can’t you dips**** do anything right-HOLY F***! “

“…Y-Yu-r-ri?”

… DON’T. HURT.YOONA!

 

A/N:

Okay so it took me like 3 weeks to update this again. But I actually had to go somewhere for a week for a summer college orientation so sorry :( Drama has arrived people but the ending will be happy (and maybe little sad) for the YoonYul couple :) I hope everyone has a good summer and reading!