Part 4

My Wolf

Dinner is ready for the three (and the wolf) females in the house. Tonight, the mother has prepared grilled beef from their neighbor's cattle farm along with assorted fresh, bright vegetables from their small garden.

 

Even if Yoona has lost her appetite a long time ago, she is still easily swayed by the power of sizzling beef on a plate before her.

 

 

"Korean barbecue?!" Seohyun exclaims happily as she takes her seat. "Thank you for the meal!"

 

But before her fingers could grasp on her chopsticks, the steaming meat, rice, and vegetables are snatched away by a pair of tanned hands.

 

"Hey!"

 

 

But the culprit does not listen; her nose is filled with so much aromatic pleasing scents from the food that is only few inches away. Crazed by its look and scent, Yuri ravenously chomps on the meat while her hands are roaming on the table for more food. She stuffs with rice, kimchi, meat, and other side dishes all at once, making the others' mouths hanging wide in shock.

 

 

"But... But... I didn't know we could eat dinner with just our hands." Seohyun looks at her chopsticks interestingly and then at her hands. "Can I eat like her too?"

 

"Absolutely not!" The mother stills her youngest daughter's hands. "I knew she was hungry but to eat like this? Aigoo more trouble than I thought she would be."

 

Yoona raises her eyebrow at this. In her eyes, Yuri does not have a thin stick-like figure. Her body instead looks healthy because of her toned arms and athletic curves; no physical effects of malnutrition and starvation.

 



'She can't be just starving. Maybe she just likes eating a lot...'

 

 

"Okay Yuri...darling...Stop eating please!"

 

"Yuri unnie you have to share! If you keep all the food to yourself, you will eventually gain a lot of weight which will make you die-"

 

"Yuri stop eating!"

 

 


At the sound of her voice, and only her voice, Yuri freezes like a deer dazed by headlights. After gulping the food down, she then slowly turns her head around to meet a pair of upset doe eyes. The mother and the little girl glance between the two nervously. 

 

 

"Drop it."

 

 

Yuri tilts her head in confusion at the command. Why is she pointing at my hands?

 

 

"Drop the food Yuri."

 

 

When Yoona places her hand on Yuri's that was grasping onto the meat tightly, Yuri flickers her eyes between their hands and Yoona's eyes. And that's when she finally understands what Yoona had meant. Her fingers are trying to unlace Yuri's so that she could drop her food.

 

 

The wolf girl growls at that thought of someone taking HER food and braces her canine teeth.

 

 

"Unnie!"
"Yoona-yah!"

 

 

Yoona let out a hiss of pain as she withdraws her hand back; her fingers are bitten, bleeding quite a bit.

 

 

"I'll go grab some disinfection spray and Band-Aids!" The mother rushes out of the dining room.

 

"Yah! You big meanie!" Seohyun flails her fists on Yuri's back. "You hurt Unnie! Say sorry to her!"

 

 

Of course the little girls' punches on her back barely budged her but it did made Yuri focused her attention again on Yoona. Her animalistic eyes soften when she sees the doe-eyed girl holding her bleeding fingers together. 

 

 

"Bad...Yuri you're bad..." Yoona mutters as she grabs the napkin from the table and starts cleaning up the blood; it's only a bite but the sting and loss of blood has made her feel a little woozy. 

 

 

But that throbbing, dizzy feeling begins to fade away when she felt a soft cheek rubbing against her shoulder. As Yoona starts to relax underneath this special comforting, her eyes turn mad when she finally sees who her comforter is.

 

 

"Go away Yuri!" 

 

 

But no matter how keen the wolf girl's ears are, she ignores her protests and pushes her head against Yoona's shoulder, letting out a soft whimper in apology. Each time, she would move her shoulders away from Yuri's head but the wolf girl is still persistent on trying to apologize to the doe-eyed girl. 

 

 

"Honestly, this is not going to work Yuri."

 

"Then why are your cheeks a little red unnie?" 

 

 

Yoona curses to herself for having a smart know-it-all little sister. 

 

 

"It's...It's because of the blood loss Seo." 

 

"Nooo..." Seohyun smiles cheekily at her older sister. "It is mostly because of the hormone called adrenaline. Adrenaline is only released when a person is feeling a strong sense of emotion such as embarrassment or excitement. But while the adrenaline is released, the blood vessels widen to improve blood flow and oxygen delivery, thus making the person's face red." 

 

 

Yoona, Yuri, and even the mother who came back with medicine and Band-Aids are staring at her in silence. Yuri looks up to Yoona with questioning eyes while Yoona could only shrug in response.

 

 

"Geesh Seo... You should be the next Secretary General of the United Nations!" 

 

"Like Ban Ki-Moon?!" Seohyun jumps up and down in excitement. 

 

"Of course Seo, those are your dreams right?" The mother smiles at her youngest daughter's brilliance and gives a peck on top of her head. "It's very important to try very hard to achieve your dreams. No matter how hard and impossible it looks." 

 

 

She then turns her attention onto Yoona to tend her hands. 

 

 

"Are you okay? Does it hurt? Do you need to rest?" 

 

"Umma I'm fine!" Yoona reassures her worried mother while getting bandaged. "It's just a minor bite"

 

 

Finally, when the mother is done tending Yoona's hands, she glares at the criminal who would dare to harm her daughter. Instead of having this image as a sweet mother, she reveals her saiyan scary motherly form with her hands on her hips. 

 

 

"Yuri get out of the way! You should be outside as your punishment!" 

 

 

At her harsh voice, Yuri flinches and buries her face onto Yoona's shoulder, shaking her head in a childish protest. 

 

At her action, Yoona who used to be so mad could not help herself but to smile. It was astounding on how Yuri changes from a ferocious beast to an innocent child. To calm her down, Yoona lands her hands on Yuri's head, petting her softly. 

 

 

"You're forgiven...Yul... It's okay. I'm not mad anymore." Yoona whispers into Yuri's ears. 

 

 

Yuri feels her cheeks getting warmer at Yoona's voice and touch. Although she may not understand her language quite well, she does recognize the words "not mad". And since Yoona is talking more gently towards her, Yuri takes this as a good sign and relaxes her muscles, closing her eyes to enjoy the warm feeling again. 

 

 

"No no Yuri you can't sleep on Yoona's lap now!" The mother groans and returns back to her normal self. It is quite a nuisance when the girl you're trying to help always cling like a love sick puppy to her daughter Yoona. 

 

"She's right Yul." Yoona taps on Yuri's head to get her attention. "Come on, I'll take you outside and then you should stay there until we are done with dinner." 

 

 

When Yoona stands up, Yuri does the same thing with her head still on Yoona's shoulder. The wolf girl does not want to stop apologizing (or to lose the warm feeling) until Yoona is completely fine. Chuckling to herself, Yoona wraps her arm around Yuri's shoulder and starts to walk her out. 

 

 

"You two can start dinner. I'll be right back!" 

 

 

As two girls begin to walk out, Seohyun and the mother are looking at each other in confusion. 

 

 

"Yoona wasn't mad at Yuri? Yuri was trying to comfort Yoona? Oh what is going on?" 

 

"Umma! Didn't you listen to me earlier? It's all because of her hormones!" 

 

 

---

 

 

Finally leading her outside, Yoona has to pull Yuri away from her shoulder and made her sit on the front porch. 

 

 

"I'll be right back. I need to bring some blankets and pillows out." 

 

 

As she turns around towards the front door, Yoona felt a strong grip around her ankle. Looking down, she sees Yuri looking up to her with a pout on her face.

 

 

'She's so cute'

 

 

Yoona shakes her head to remove that thought and gives Yuri a reassuring smile. 

 

 

Yoona is pretty... Really pretty 

 

 

"I said I'll be right back. I'm grabbing you some stuff so you would be more comfortable silly." Yoona slowly lifts one of her legs to get out of Yuri's loosening grip on her ankle. "Wait...Wait until I come back okay?" 

 

 

And with that being said, Yoona closes the door behind her, leaving Yuri facing the door. The wolf girl focuses all of her will and spirit to stare at the front door, waiting for Yoona to come back. 

 

A few minutes later, when Yuri hears the door creaking, her eyes light up with excitement when she sees her favorite person coming back. Yoona carries a large, thick blanket and a pillow in her arms, laying it down on the front porch to make bedding for the other. 

 

 

"You might get cold during this night so this should do right?" Yoona says as she fluffs the blanket and pillow. "This is part of your training Yul. You can't eat with us until you learn to behave." 

 

 

Once she finishes, Yoona stands up but before Yuri could do the same, she is stopped by Yoona's outstretched hand.

 

 

"Wait Yul." 

 

 

That word again. Yuri isn't so sure that 'wait' is her favorite word. She doesn't like how she has to be alone from the doe-eyed girl from time to time for she always wants to be around that warm feeling again and again. But for each time she has to wait for Yoona, her reward (which was being with Yoona) is always so blissful; that same warm feeling becomes stronger and bigger.

 

With a slight nod, Yuri goes back to her bedding and circles around it a few times before she lays her body onto the soft blankets. As she watches Yoona slipping back into her house, Yuri inhales deeply in her new environment. The scent of crickets, grass, and the summer countryside's sky is all familiar to the wolf girl's nose but the scent of the blanket and the pillow are so different. Taking her time to investigate this new scent, Yuri buries her head onto the pillow and takes in another deep breath. It smells like flowers, perhaps Gardenias, and some mint. It is a pleasing, soothing scent and a perfect spell to turn someone lethargic. Yuri let out a yawn and closes her eyes, drifting off to a light nap with her last thoughts on Yoona. 

 

 

---

 

 

Finally and finally, the women in the house can finally continue their dinner. The three females laugh and eat to their hearts' content for they are no longer living by drunks, drug dealers, and erts knocking upon their door. Seohyun shares her stories excitedly that she made new friends in her new school and that everyone is appreciative of who she is. Yoona and their mother smiles at the little girl, knowing that she suffers a lot from her elementary school in the cities. Kids would make fun of her brain and her financial status everyday but surprisingly, Seohyun always look towards optimism. 

 

 

"I'm glad that my new school is very nice. Although my old school was horrible, I think they were just being mean to me out of jealousy right? I just wish that those mean kids could focus improving themselves rather than trying to break down other kids." 

 

 

After dinner, Yoona offers to the dishes but is rejected when her mother asks her to do something else. 

 

 

"Check up on Yuri and bring her in. I think that's enough time for her punishment." 

 

"But Umma-" 

 

"Go unnie!" Seohyun pushes her sister towards the front door. "I want to learn how to wash dishes anyways! Also this will help you control your hormones!" 

 

"Yah Seo for the last time, it's not because of hormones!" Yoona yells back with her cheeks even redder than before. "Fine I'll go get Yuri!" And with that, she immediately rushes out of the house. 

 

"Umma I have never seen Yoona so...so alive today does that make sense?" Seohyun looks at her mother with questioning eyes. "She never laughs and talks like that when we have dinners together. Is it because of the environment? Is it because her health is in better shape?" 

 

"Hmm...Maybe." The mother says while picking up the dishes, encouraging Seohyun to do the same. "Or maybe... it's because of a certain person." 

 

"Oh who?!" 

 

"I'm not sure." The mother responds teasingly as she places the dishes in the sink. "No more questions. We have to start cleaning dishes now." 

 

"But Umma! You can't just say that!" 

 

 

---

 

 

"Yul-" 

 

 

Suddenly, Yoona is pummeled back onto the ground, interrupting her words and her breath. It all feels like Deja vu with her fear of not being able to breathe well all because of that stupid person who has the audacity to knock someone with lung disease back on the ground. 

 

Although she isn't losing her breath (thank god), she couldn't breathe when she sees those brown eyes staring right back at her. Yuri is lying on top of her with her hands on both sides of Yoona's head, giving her a smile. From the position they were at, Yoona's cheeks are getting more red and warm at the close intimacy.

 

 

Why is her face getting red? Yuri thought; she didn't see Yoona's blush earlier for she was too busy burying her face in Yoona's shoulder in extreme apology. 

 

 

"Yul you have to be careful around me!" Yoona sputters as she pushes Yuri off of her. "I'm not in great health..." 

 

 

Yuri tilts her head when she sees Yoona looking a bit somber; she doesn't want the doe-eyed girl to feel sad. Scooting closer to the other, Yuri places her head on Yoona's shoulder, nuzzling her head on Yoona's cheeks to comfort her. 

 

It's been a long time since Yoona has received affection like this from others. Many has given hope on her and told her in front of her face that she will have few years and even months before she dies so she would separate herself from others, wanting them to live their life while she has to suffer in her destined fate alone. 

 

Appreciating this comfort, Yoona gives a small smile and pets Yuri's head, brushing down her long, silky black locks down. 

 

 

"Thank you Yul." 

 

 

In their embrace, Yuri now feels her cheeks warming up, especially when Yoona brushes her hair. The warmth between the two is overwhelming. Yuri looks up at Yoona, meeting her doe-like eyes. 

 

Yuri doesn't feel like she is in control of herself anymore. It's not her beast-self that is raging for blood and it's not her domestic wolf-self looking at her owner for attention. She feels more human as she finally recognizes why she always want to be around Yoona. She now understands that warm feeling that overcomes her heart whenever she is around Yoona. 

 

 

"Come on Yul, let's go inside." Yoona breaks her train of thoughts and stands up, allowing Yuri to do the same. "I want to teach you on how to talk." 

 

 

As she leads the way into their house, Yuri smiles happily at the thought of spending more time with Yoona. She would do anything for Yoona. She would protect her, make her happy, and to never make her feel alone. And at first, it's because she wants more of that warm feeling brewing between the two. But with a little more understanding, she finally knows why she was acting like this. 

 

 

It is because Kwon Yuri, a runaway experiment, finally learns what love is 

 

 

TBC

 

 

It has been awhile everyone! And I'm sorry for this very very late update! You all deserve better from me

 

Thanks for all waiting for I do plan on writing a lot more during summer. 

 

This story is coming to an end in like a part or two so...yeah! 

 

I do hope I'm not speeding their relationship. It's been awhile since I wrote stories like this.

 

Until then, see you all hopefully soon with the next update!