Part 3

My Wolf

"How can a creature looks so terrifying at night but so pitiful at daylight?" Yoona huffs at the thought while carrying a pile of her old clothes. 

 

After walking downstairs, she heads for the bathroom. But before she could call out her mother who was inside in the bathroom, the door slams open wide with a panicked creature running towards her. 

 

"ACK!" 

 

The wolf girl crashes into Yoona, causing the neatly-packed clothes to fly in the air, only to fall in a deranged mess on the wooden floors.

Yoona lands on the ground with the wolf girl on top of her. She grimaced in slight pain, waiting for her chest to burn wildly, for her lungs to explode. But luckily, her lungs are not hurt. The impact the wolf-girl has made against her body is surprisingly light like a feather.

Hearing a loud breathing sound beside her face, Yoona widens her eyes when she realizes her face is inches away from the wolf girl's face. Despite the stink and ragged experience, she couldn't help but to stare into those brown eyes again. 

But as soon as Yoona wrinkles her nose, smelling the dried feces and dirt from the wolf girl's coarse hair, she is back to reality. 

 

"Get off of me!" Yoona yells angrily, pushing the girl away from her. 

But the wolf girl whines like a little pup, burying her head on Yoona's shoulder.

 

 Smells...So...Nice 

 

"Yuri! Come back here!" The mother comes onto the scene, helping her daughter by pulling the wolf girl away from her. "Yoona! Sweetie, are you okay?" She starts to panic. "Can you breathe okay? Is your chest fine? How do you feel about your lungs now-" 

"Umma, I am fine..." Yoona hushes her worried mother with her cool composure once more, standing back up on her two feet while brushing off the dirt from her clothes thanks to wolf girl. "Yuri? Umma you had to give her the most feminine name in the world when she is really the opposite of that?" 

 

As Yoona gives a glare at the wolf girl (now named Yuri) the girl whimpers and lies down on the ground in front of her, blinking her eyes for forgiveness to which is not affecting her a bit. Or so she had thought when she found herself losing in an eye-staring contest again. 

 

"What? I think Yuri is a very pretty name." Her mother tries to argue back, picking up the clothes from the ground. "Aigoo, she is just like a puppy. She shrieked and howled when I the facet to fill her bathtub." 

"Really?" Yoona rolls her eyes in annoyance, cursing the wolf-girl under her breath to cause more trouble for her mom. "Umma you are really gentle and considerate and I love you for that. But with pets, especially dogs, you have to make them follow you as a leader. Here I'll show you." 

 

Yoona's eyes meet with Yuri's eyes again but this time she is not losing. Her doe eyes are full of confidence and authority which makes Yuri more in awe of her new owner. 

 

"Come Yuri!" Yoona commands with her hand struck out, waiting for the girl to come closer towards her. 

 

Yuri who is laying on the ground slowly straightens her body up; her eyes are never leaving Yoona's. From all of her life in cold cages, any dominant voice that should try to control her is not seen as a threat. She is a beast and therefore acts like one to those who will abuse her for their own good. 

But no matter how strong and menacing she really is Yuri only looks like a puppy towards Yoona. Her voice, both gentle and strong, has entranced her keen ears. 

With hesitant steps, Yuri walks forward one step at a time like a human, It seems like she hasn't walk like that before as each step brings discomfort to her eyes. But she still keeps on going because she doesn’t want to anger Yoona.

 

"Good girl Yuri." Yoona smiles, petting Yuri's ragged head.

 

At the touch of Yoona's hand on her head, Yuri widens her eyes at the source of warmth and comfort. No one has ever touched her like that before. The only emotion hands have ever made against her body is pain. 

 

'This feeling...What is it? Why does it feel...feel so good?'

 

In response, Yuri tries to push her head more towards Yoona's hand, wanting more petting from her soft, warm hand. 

At the sight, Yoona makes a small smile, amused and a bit surprised with herself. 'She really likes that hmm? This is a bit strange...A human girl acting like a puppy? Surprisingly, it fits well with her image...'

 

"Now Umma is going to clean you in there okay?" She points to their bathroom. "I want you to let her clean you calmly so you will be fresh, clean, and healthy okay?"

 

When Yoona motions her mother to pull her back to their bathroom, the mother snaps her eyes back to reality. She couldn't believe this. Already Yoona has Yuri under her trance like an obedient dog to its owner.

 

"Umm okay now Yuri-yah, let's go hmm?" The mother gently tries to pull Yuri into their bathroom. At her separation from Yoona, Yuri whines, shaking her head intensely. The mother is no match for her strength as Yuri went back to Yoona, dragging the poor woman along.

 

“Yah Yuri!” Yoona yells at Yuri, stopping her tracks. “Sit!” She says with her hand up; her palm is positioned slanted in front of the wolf girl.

Immediately Yuri sits down on the wooden floors, pulling down the mother with her. While her mother groans in pain, Yoona couldn’t help herself but to chuckle at the sight; Yuri looks into her eyes, awaiting for the next command while her mother is getting up, massaging her own back.

 

“Ow that hurts…Yuri is really strong.” The mother mumbles. “Hey! Yoona! Are you laughing at this?”

 

Yoona couldn’t stop laughing, keeping her mother’s and Yuri’s attention on her.

 For the mother, it has been so long since Yoona could laugh so freely before. What she doesn’t really understand is how this simple event could make her daughter even chuckle.

 For Yuri, the sound of laughter is amplified in her ears. To her it is a pretty sound, prettier than any birds singing in the forest. The wolf girl grins at the doe-eyed beauty, feeling proud that she made her laughed.

 

 “Your face expression was really funny though when Yuri was pulling you along like a doll.” She holds her chest to help cease her laughing. “I’m sorry though, I didn’t know Yuri could be so strong.”

 

While her mother rolls her eyes at the comment, Yoona turns her attention back to Yuri who is sitting patiently below her. She crouches down on her knees so she could be on the same eye level with Yuri.

 

“Yuri…Please, go with my mom. She won’t harm you. If you are clean, I will pet you more as a reward.” She says with a smile on her face, placing her hand on Yuri’s head again to emphasize their deal.

 

The word ‘pet’ and the action Yoona has made makes Yuri feeling excited; anything she would do just to feel that warmth again. She nods hard and stands up before running quickly back to the bathroom, waiting beside the bathtub for the mother to come and wash her.

 

“Oh! Don’t forget my old clothes Umma!” Yoona picks up the scattered mess of clothes and hands it over to her mother.

“How…How did you do that dear?” The mother is still left confounded while holding a pile of her daughter’s old clothes.

“I read a lot of dog training books in the library when I was young. Remember? I really wanted a puppy when I was young but we couldn’t afford it.”

“Oh…Right I remember that.” The mother sighs at the memory of young Yoona being happy and playful. “Anyways while I wash Yuri, could you make some rice for dinner tonight?”

“Sure.” Yoona replies before leaving to go to their kitchen.

 

Meanwhile Yuri stares off longingly at Yoona’s depart. But that stare is soon broken when the mother shuts their bathroom door behind her.

As they both look at each other, the mother rolls up her sleeves as if she is ready to go into a naval war.

 

“Let’s take off your clothes to start washing huh?”

 

---

 

While waiting for the rice to finish cooking, Yoona works on moving the boxes to their designated areas in their new home. They are only a family of three females so work will take a long time; the mother is becoming weaker, the youngest is out of the question, and the oldest cannot take risks with any physical activity that should affect her lungs negatively. Therefore, she only carries one box at a time.

It makes her mad that she has to look so pathetic and meek in front of others, especially men. The thought of men desiring her to be their wife because of what her condition had made her feel objectified. They would only want a living doll that will bend and talk at their will.

But her mental thoughts cease its talk whenever she walks by their bathroom; they only have one. It is pretty quiet, making her smile in peace; Yuri must be behaving well in front of her mother.

But atlas, her peace quickly disappears when she hears a clear sound of the front door opening. Thinking it is her little sister Seohyun arriving home from school, she turns around to greet her, only finding herself making a disgusted face.

“Excited to see me baby?”

 

A tanned man with big ears walks in casually with a cigarette in his crooked mouth, wearing his spotless gray business suit. At the sight of the stick in his mouth Yoona hurriedly backs away from the smoke, covering with her arm.

 

“Excited is too positive. Maybe horrified? Yes, that fits well.” Yoona spitefully says into her sleeve, not giving him a chance to turn her into a coward.

“Hmm feisty... You know what folks say. Women taste even more delicious when they are fiery.” The man grins, liking the game his fiancée is initiating as he easily steps towards her. “What’s wrong? Why are you covering your mouth like that? Trying to save your sweet lips from me?”

 

From his comment, Yoona’s eyes snap back up to meet the lusting brown eyes of the man. shakes in anger as she quickly searches for the words to retort back to him. But as soon as she opens , the sly smoke has made its way inside of her.

 

“Oh sh**… I almost forgot that you have a lung disease.” The man swears when Yoona begins to cough. As he tries to approach her to help in some ways, Yoona has already retreat to the corner of the living room, hiding her face away from him as she tries to recover her breath back.

“Goddamn it Yoona…Everything about you is perfect except for your f****** disease.” He sighs, upset that he wouldn’t be able to smoke around his fiancée. Despite how dangerous this situation could have become, the man coolly takes his cig out and squishes the burning end on the nearest China plate in the living room.

 

Looking around, the man notices that there are a lot of boxes laying around.

 

“Still haven’t finished moving in yet huh?”

“Taecyeon why are you really here?”

“What else? Who bought this house? I did. And I am here to check my beautiful love if she’s doing alright in her new home.” Taecyeon answers while creeping closer towards Yoona.

 

Facing towards the wall, Yoona closes her eyes when Taecyeon sneaks up behind her; she is trapped. Her heart beats rapidly in fear when he wraps his arms around her slim body, sighing in the scent of his destined lover.

 

“I can’t wait until you are all mine.”

 

Yoona turns her head away from the sound of his voice creeping into her ears. Her mother is in the house still. She could easily yell for her to come and rescue her. But the sheer presence of the man she will soon marry has silenced her pleas for help. She is frozen by his arms, afraid to move.

 

But sometimes, miracles do really happen.

 

Her body is suddenly free of his weight, being able to thing again. However, Taecyeon is furious that someone has disturbed their lovely time together by throwing his body aside, causing him to land on the ground. Swearing like a sailor, he tries to find the stranger. But when he finally finds the stranger, he is frightened at the sight. Wondering what is going on, Yoona turns her body around only to gasp at the same sight also.

Yuri is standing in front of Yoona, staying close to her as a shield. As she growls in front of the Taecyeon, she bears her teeth while her hands down by her sides are clenched into fists. Taecyeon knows that he is a heavy man with overloaded muscles but he shouldn’t be able to be thrown so easily by anyone, especially a woman! 

 

“Who the hell are you!?” Taecyeon yells angrily. “What do you think you are doing in my h-“

“Oh Taecyeon dear!” The mother quickly rushes over with a corded phone in her hand from the kitchen. “Your business needs you urgently. Someone has reported that an intern is sitting in your office while you have been away!”

“What!? Seriously? Why do you people always have to make my life difficult!?” That news has made Taecyeon even madder, turning his face into a color of beet-red.

“You should better hurry before your intern finds what is in your desk…” The mother clicks her tongue and returns back to the phone call. “I think Mr. Ok will return back shortly.”

“You bet the hell I will!” Taecyeon says as he angrily straightens his tie. “Listen you b****!” He points his finger at Yuri. “I better see you out of the house next time or else you will be sorry when my buddies and I gang on you!”

 

Yuri takes a step forward, glaring at him menacingly while stating that she will not be an easy victim for him. Taecyeon immediately backs away from her, clearing his throat before setting his eyes upon Yoona.

 

“I will come back for you love. I promise that I will keep you away from this…” He looks back at Yuri. “This monster.”

 

At the word “monster” Yoona immediately holds onto Yuri’s back, hiding her face from Taecyeon. Clearly annoyed at this action, Taecyeon only swears more as he finally begins to leave the house, knocking over couple of stacked boxes along the way.

When the front door is closed, Yoona let out a sigh of relief and leans her head against Yuri’s back. She thought she could face him again. But again reality is right; she is far too weak to fend off someone like Taecyeon.

Looking behind her back, Yuri finds Yoona hiding her face on her back. As soon as she came out from the bathroom, being fully dressed and well-cleaned, the first thing she did was to find Yoona again, only to find that horrible man prowling on her body. It made her mad, so mad of why he would do that to her.

 

“Yuri?” Her voice calls out her name.

“Thank you…” Yoona says quietly, lifting up her hand to pet Yuri’s head.

 

When she touches Yuri’s black hair, she is surprised to find it so smooth and silky. But she likes it. She likes Yuri’s new revitalized hair so much that instead of petting it, she brushes down her soft tangles with her fingers. Yuri widens her eyes at Yoona’s actions but soon they are slowly softened.

 

This warm feeling…It’s getting bigger and bigger…What is it? Why can I feel my cheeks getting hotter?’

 

“You got cleaned? I am so proud of you.” Yoona says as she stops brushing Yuri’s hair to move in front of her. “Now let’s see how clean you look.”

 

Meeting face-to-face, Yuri has her long black her down while wearing a simple blouse with a pair of ragged jeans. But the biggest change Yoona has seen from Yuri is her face. The wolf girl’s face is clean, showing off her face innocently. Contrast to what Yuri used to look like hours ago, she looks absolutely beautiful. But one thing that stayed the same is her eyes. Whenever she is around Yoona, her pair of brown eyes is always so gentle.

 

“Yuri…I never knew you could be so lovely…” Yoona whispers in awe, wanting to touch Yuri’s face to see whether or not it is really her.

 

But before she could do so, the front door is opened again, this time accompanied by another cheery voice.

 

“Umma! Unnie! I’m home!”

 

The little girl skips happily in her new home until she sees someone else who is not part of her family in the living room.

“Yoong unnie? Who is that pretty lady?” She asks, blinking her big eyes in front of Yuri.

“Oh Seohyun! This is Yuri…She will be staying with us for a bit until we can find her relatives.”

“Oh…Hi Yuri unnie!” Seohyun waves in front of Yuri.

 

But Yuri didn’t wave back or respond. She only blinks her eyes and breathes, staring down at the little girl.

 

“What is wrong with Yuri unnie? Is she really shy?” Seohyun looks back at Yoona, showing a confused look on her face.

“Well I’m afraid she is mute.” Yoona shakes her head. “She hasn’t said a single word to us. Really, she just acts more like a dog.”

“A dog?” Seohyun’s eyes widen in happiness. “Yay! I have someone to play dog with me in the house game now!”

“Play later! First help me to prepare dinner!” Her mother calls out to her children.

“Aw…Let me drop off my backpack in my room first!” Seohyun says before running up to her room.

“Come on Yuri let’s go.” Yoona says as she leads the way with Yuri obediently following behind her.

 

‘Anything for you…Yoona…Anything for anyone who can give me that warm special feeling…’

 

 

TBC

I updated finally! Gosh guys I am so sorry for neglecting my writing schedule this summer :( External factors came up during summer which elimated a lot of my time on writing stories. I am currently working on other stories right now so I am still alive! 

I hope you guys have a wonderful time so far! 

And wolf Yul is really cute ^^