Love Goes On.

[One Shot] - Love Goes On

It was the 7th night after her dead. Everyone came to send her off for the last time. I did not have a good sleep for the past 2 weeks when I knew that her condition was worsen. Doctor did told me to be prepared that she might just go anytime now. Maybe, physically I’m ready, but mentally….. definitely a no. I’ve broke down a few times, before her death, during that torturing night looking when she left the world, and during her funeral. 

Strong. I told myself to be strong. I must be strong. For the sake of my daughter. 

Seems like the night understood my feeling. The feeling of a broken heart that just lost his beloved wife. There was no moon at all but just a miserable star appeared and twinkling brightly in the dark sky. Stars, reminded me of our precious star book photo collection.

Unknowingly, I walked back to my empty room and took it out, recalling all our precious memory. The room was so quiet without your presence. I was the only left inside the huge, spacious room, with our wedding photo hanged on the wall above our bed.

*flashback – 7 years ago*

‘Ki Bum!!!’ Jong Hyun was running towards me during the recess time. ‘I got something to tell you. VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!’

‘Your definition of important is only left with two. Number 1, you’ve dump your girlfriend that you just coupled 1 week ago or number 2, you do not have money and want to borrow from me.’ I said.

‘No!!!’

‘Then? Are you telling me that you make your girlfriend pregnant and you are getting married next month? If yes, congratulations!’ I said sarcastically and clapped my hands excitedly.

‘That will never EVER happen to me okay? There is new hot chick that transferred to our school and she is in my lecture!!! She is really pretty!’

‘Ohh really?’ I was not interested at all. ‘Aishh.. I need to go to library to borrow a book. I need to hand up my assignment tomorrow. Bye!’ I rushed off to library after finished eating my meal. 

‘Wait for me!!!’ 

In the library 

‘Aishh. where is the book?’ I mumbled to myself, trying to search for William Shakespeare poem to give me some inspiration of my poem that I was working on.

‘There you are!’ I said it out while put a huge smile on my face when I found it. I slipped my hand to take a book. But another hand was brushing though next to me, grabbing another book that next to me. 

When I turned and look at her, I saw an angel was standing in front of me. A pretty angel. Long hair, wearing a white blouse, white earrings with a pair of white flats. Strong wind was blowing, made her long silky black hair brushed though my face. She turned and smiled. Believe me, that moment I was on cloud nine. 

I didn’t not move away from my spot, standing there like a puppet until Jong Hyun came behind and gave a hard slap on my shoulder.
‘Ki Bum-a!! That’s the girl that I was talking about!! Isn’t she pretty? I heard that she is hard to get. ’

‘Hyung. I got something to tell you.’

‘Wae?’

‘She. Is. Mine.’



***


I started my job as a stalker every day. Not really stalking but I just follow her where she went, what she eat, where she lives, how she dressed up, how she goes to university, who her best friends are and what she does every day. My bad. Okay, I admit I stalked her but I enjoyed it very much. I learned more things about her, including what colour she likes, what she loves to eat and everything. And she a weird hobby, everything about stars. Stars. 

I was standing on the second floor building waiting for her to pass by this pathway. She should be here by now. 

“Oh yes, finally she is here!” I was mumbling to myself.

I grabbed a big pail that was filled with papers and pouring down bit by bit. The papers were stars in shape, ranges from different colour and different sizes. Those papers dropped like snowflake. She looked up the sky, looking at those papers dropped down like snowflake from the sky. She was smiling cheerfully. She should be very touched by my action. I’ll succeed this time.

‘Annyeong!’ I shouted from above and waves badly. ‘I’m Kim Ki Bum. Key, nickname. A 3rd year student of Art and Social Science Faculty. I want to be a friend of yours.’

‘Kim Ki Bum.’ She mentioned my name. 

‘Yes.’

‘Key. Kim Ki Bum.’

‘Err. Yes?’

‘ARE YOU A MORON?? You just dirty the whole building 2. Do you know these papers are made from trees and tree take years to grow? You just killed trees! You are such an irresponsible human being.’

My jaw dropped helplessly when she was shouting from down. In the end, she just walked off without looking at me. 

My first attempt: FAILED! 




***


I was seating on a bench alone at the park with a guitar waiting for her. She should be walking home by this time. But she was not carrying her smile. I think I should do something. 

You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed
Sing like bird, dizzy in my head
Spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night

You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile 


I started singing Uncle- Kracker Smile, trying to attract her with my angelic voice. Aishh… But she didn’t bother looked at her. I got on my feet and follow her around, singing and playing guitar at the same time.

‘Ya. Stop following me!’ She shouted.

‘No. I didn’t follow you. I walk my way and you walk your way.. You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like a bird, dizzy-‘
‘SHUT UP!! Don’t spoil the song! That song is one of my favourite song! Don’t spoil it.’

‘You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like a bird-‘

‘STOP IT, YOU FREAK!!!’

She suddenly stopped when I was following her. She squatted down and she was sobbing, brushed through her cheek. Aishhh. Did I make her angry? I should not irritate her. 

‘Are you okay? What happened?’

‘This morning, when I got out of my house, it was raining heavily. Then when I came to university, I just realized that I didn’t bring my phone out. And just now, I was not able to finish off my exam paper. What a bad day.’

‘Ohh.. Don’t be sad. I’ll sing a song for you okay?’ I took my guitar and continue singing. 

Because you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride

You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day


‘Errr…..’

‘Are you feeling better?’ 

‘Not really? But I’m fine. Thanks anything.’ She smiled to me but I could see lies behind it. 

‘No. I must make you really happy before you can leave!’ 

I stood on my feet and started dancing and singing, 

Neomu banjjak banjjak nunibusyeo No No No No No, 
Neomu kkamjjak kkamjjak nollan naneun Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh, 
Neomu jjaritjjarit momi tteollyeo Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee,
Jeojeun nunbit Oh Yeah joheun hyanggi Oh Yeah Yeah Yeah.



She laughed. She smiled. Brillant! 

‘Gumawoyo.’ She gave me sweets before she left. 

A her cheerful smile was paid off all my hard work. She must be really entertained by my song. I know I’m good singer and a dancer. 


Second attempt: Success ON THE WAY! 



***


I walked to her class and left the breakfast that I made myself on her table. A letter was placed together along with the breakfast.

‘She is about time to enter class now!’ 

I ran out of the room and hide behind the theater, hoping that she will not see me when she entered the class. I peeped through the sliding door and hope that she arrived already and no one took those two things that I placed there.

‘She’s here.’ I whispered to myself. She sat on her usual place and noticed the food and the card. She opened the card and read it. Then, she opened the food Tupperware and started eating in class. A wide smile was spread on her face, ‘Oh Yes!!’ 

‘Ki Bum a-. What are you doing here?’ Jong Hyun padded my shoulder out of nowhere and everyone noticed me, including her. Omo. 

Embarrassed. 

‘Errr- Errr- I was here to find you. But my class starting now. Bye!’ I quicken my foot step without looking at the back and hopefully she didn’t see me.
‘Ki Bum a-‘. She stopped me. I stood here for about 10 seconds, took a deep breath before turning around.

I smiled at her nervously and she was walking towards my direction, step by step. I could hear nothing but my own heartbeat that was pounding loudly, duu dupp, duu duppp.

‘You were the one that gave me this letter and placed the food on my table?’

‘Er- yes. I mean no.’

‘Your name is written on the card. Did you write that yourself?’ She asked.

‘Err- yes.’

‘Do you mind reading it?’

‘You- you- mean now?’ I almost choked to death when she asked me to read my letter for her. Omo ottoke?? Damn it. She’s going to embarrass me in front of the whole class, I thought. A poem I wrote. 

‘Yes. Now.’


Sweets and chocolates represent love, 
Present my gift to someone I love,
Gifts that you gave I would like to keep,
Little sweet memories, I will never delete.

If I was the Adam; you were the Eve,
If I was the prince; you were the princess,
Shakespeare had compared his beloved to a summer,
Even till doomsday; your beauty will always be immortal.

To catch a glimpse of your smile,
I’ll do anything even run for a mile,
Love I had showered I’ll never want return,
A smile on your face would be the best reason.



I gained my confidence and said, ‘would you be my girlfriend, Tae Rin?’ Yes, I asked her in front of all her classmates and even my best friend, Jong Hyun.

She kept quiet while I stood paralyzed waiting for her answer like a fool. Urghh. The whole class was chanting ‘Please say yes.’

After a couple of minutes, I turned my back and walked off, with my head’s down. FAILED!

‘My answer is-‘ I stopped walking. 

‘A YES!!’ she blunt it out. 

When the moment I turned behind, she threw herself on me and gave me a big hug while everyone was clapping their hands, giving their blessings to us. 

*end of flashback*

Since that day onwards, she was my girlfriend and after 2 years, we got married. After 5 years we got our one and only child, Hye Jin. But after 7 years, she left me. 

I looked at the stars again. Twinkling brightly, just like how I met her for the first time. 

‘I know it’s you.’ I smiled to the stars. 

Having her as my wife, I’ve no regret. My road will never be too long if I have a good company like her. Indeed, the seven years was short. Although our faith was not able to carry on, but our heart are always be tied together, till now until forever. I love her from the bottom of my heart and soul and this love will always be forever and immortal. 


- END OF LOVE GOES ON- 

Author's rambles: 

How is this? Hehehe. I think it is very sweet of Key to do such thing to his beloved. Yes, it might be a sad story at first, but at least he still have his precious memories with his wife. Sometimes, we might think that we are devastated after losing someone that is precious or important to us, but the most important thing is cherish whatever you have now especially people in front of you. You will not have another chance if you lose it. 

I really hope you like this one shot, along with Unfailing Love smile.gif