002

Drawn to you

Shye's POV

 

I covered my mouth as I heard the swift movement of Paul's hand retracting. I could play the whole scene in my head as if I was on the outside as the 2 people who rolled into the room started to speak.

 

"I mean headmaster," said a sly voice. Oh how I was angry, why the hell would he try to put himself in the situation to be hurt? "There commotion going on upstairs, a fight broke out amongst the children, I being the oldest felt the need to inform you of their misconduct," said the familiar voice, his "true" age of an old man showing. I tried not to laugh as I thought about him, he was truly around my age, but always acted like an old man.

 

Lúic, I put you in charge because you're supposed to handle these types of situations, can I not trust you any more?" asked the headmaster. Being on the inside I put my ear on the metal so that I could hear them better, "I advise you, and you too Loc, to go handle the children while I continue my business down here, this does not concern you," said Loc, as he was cut off by Paul's hand slapping the metal of something hard. I could feel the immense

 

As I heard his footsteps come near, I decided to risk it as I tried to climb my way up the Laundry shoot to only have my foot taken by his massive hand. I kicked as I tried to climb upwards, one foot on the metal wall and both hands holding my place. I kicked and felt his grip loosen a bit as I felt free, but that was short lived as my ankle was then grabbed by both of his hands, pulling me down the shoot and landing on my on the hard floor. I looked up to see his disappointed face.

 

Why did you just have to break my favorite vase Shye," he asked, even though I didn't break it. "You knew how much I liked you, I gave you so many chances to hide, and run away from his place, and yet you stay, why?" I was a bit confused when he said he gave me chances to run away, when in reality he gave me none. I've tried yet I got punishment, punishment for not following his rules to go to the river and back.

 

Paul grabbed my shoulder and lead me upstairs. I tried to yank away yet he would place an even stronger hold on my shoulder. The children around me looked at me grimly, as if they pitied me. I past the children who were supposedly fighting, as well as my two best friends as all they could do was look at the floor. I felt like they sent my a message through my mind somehow as I heard their voices echo through my head.

 

"I'm sorry," I swear I heard them said in unison as the words echoed throughout my head, giving me a small migraine as I was led outside the orphanage, and was pushed to the ground by Paul. I stared at the sky as he commanded me to sit up on me knees. Complying to his orders I sat on my knees looking at the floor as he told me not to move until a car came to pick me up. I sat there in silence as I was shocked at he wasn't going to hit me like he usually did, he wasn't going to strip me of what little rights I had.

 

Yet, he left me there to think. Something 10 times more painful to do. Thoughts traveled throughout my head, like, why was he able to own an orphanage? Did people outside of the orphanage even know we existdid they make it out of the dense forest?

 

I thought to myself, what year was it any ways? When is my birthday? Things that have never been in my mind before suddenly surfacing. I've been stuck here for about 11 years, yet I seem to not care. The only 2 people I care about didn't try to stand up for me even though I did for them many times. Why was I so afraid of Paul? Why couldn't I kick him in the shins and leave? Then thoughts about my childhood appeared. Why could I barely remember anything. The most of the things I remember was the punishments. I barely remembered why I would get them. And why did no one like me, why was Loc and Lúic my only friends?

 

I sank into my thoughts, the thoughts of death, the thoughts of agony, and the thoughts of maybe one day being happy. But, all of those thoughts soon subsided as a loud honking interrupted my thoughts. I turned my head as a large bulky woman came out of the drivers seat and made her way towards me. Her face was rather pale, yet many scars and wrinkles painted her face. She looked like she could break any body with her pinky as her huge mole on her right cheek stared at me. She looked at me in disgust as she made her way past me and into the orphanage. Soon after she went inside I looked back at the truck to see a short scrawny old man coming out with his cane. I looked at him with pity, until his face turned into disgust as well when he saw me.

 

"Now, you better get your into the back of that truck before Gloria throws ya' in there," said the old man in an country accent. Lifting my body up, I felt my legs whimper a bit and my head spun in a small circle I hurriedly made my way to the back of the truck. It felt like hours until 4 more figures were added to the backseat, including my 2 best friends. I looked at them worriedly turn.

 

The truck headed down the familiar path until it ended, from there, the truck weaved and circled around and around trees. The nature was being absorbed by us as the mixture of gasoline filled our nostrils. Never have we ever seen these kinds of vehicles, well at least in person. The maids would often give us newspapers. But, now that I think about it, where were all of the maids? Were they in their chambers?

 

I was lost in my thoughts as the truck ventured out of the forest and into a street.All of us who were in the back's eyes bulged out of our sockets as we saw people looking at us in the back of the truck. What struck me the most was the either disgusted faces that were shot towards us, or the pitiful glances.

 

Why were these people like this, were they all like this? The truck took a turn to what looked like the main street. Many people filled the area, and so did other vehicles. Everything was a bit over whelming, especially because we are all used to the small proximity of the orphanage.

 

My head turned a bit as I heard the 2 girls speaking aloud, trying to catch my attention. "I heard we were going to the town's square," said the one girl this straight blonde hair that was obviously dyed.

 

I heard we were going to jail!" said the brunette. The blonde gave her a cold glare as the truck made more turns and turns as I felt myself turning sick. Looking at all the others I could tell they felt the same. I looked over at Lúic and Loc as they looked like they were in a deep conversation with themselves, even though no words were spoken. I continued to stare until I made eye contact with Loc. I saw that he got uncomfortable with the eye contact and Lúic slowly shifted in front of the younger.

 

Finding it a bit obnoxious I turned myself the other was as we were met with tall buildings, soon the truck turned into some parking lot where a lot of people stood staring at a podium. The truck parked rather quickly as the engine stopped and the old man, Gloria and Paul made their way to the back and said in almost perfect unison,

 

"Time to go,"

 

 










 

 

How was the second chapter? Sorry exo will soon come into the story! Please feel free to comment and subscribe!

 

Also big thanks to the 2 people who have already subscribed and upvoted <3 I will mention you in the next chapter since I wanted to put out a quick chapter for everyone--especially you lovely 2.

 

I love everyone who reads and supports this story, please ask me questions and give me feed back!! Saranghae~~