Lie

You Belong to Me

 

Ricky scanned his eyes around the room at the fans that came to the fansign event, making his best effort to wave to everyone.

“Changhyun! Yoo Changhyun!” Ricky can hear his name calling from the massive crowd.

He smiled brightly, showing his teeth and cuteness all at once. Anyone who sees his agyeo would melt right then because he is just that squishy. His face seems like it had never aged ever since but just more structured than when he debuted. And that was one of the traits Ricky was best at. Laughing and being all cute.

They’ve been signing photobooks one after another and so this time, what was written on the post it note caught his attention. It says: ‘You and Changjo look cute together. ♥’

He can feel his face starting to flushed and he shyly smiled while he quickly drew a heart back on the post it and signed his name for the fan. He tried to hold back how that had made him felt but he couldn’t as he glanced at Changjo who was sitting beside him.

He remembered how Changjo has such cute chubby cheeks when they first debuted and was so shy that he always followed Ricky around and he would always laugh at Changjo’s cute stutters while he was introducing himself on stage and in front of cameras. He grew affection to Changjo because they were always together and they were the same age. Ricky saw himself as the hyung to Changjo then when he was the one looking after Changjo and Changjo seems to really like being with Ricky too.

So because the fans had given them a couple name ChangRick, Ricky felt like they go along really well and thought that no matter what, Changjo would always be by his side. And he didn’t fear that Changjo would leave him. Even if Changjo was “flirting” with the other members it was only for fanservice and their relationship was something more and so he didn’t really mind because Changjo belongs to him and he thought Changjo feels the same too.

But ever since Changjo grew taller, bigger, and manlier, Ricky couldn’t tell that Changjo had slowly changed and his preference is not like it used to. Changjo starts to bully Ricky the most but Ricky always thought that it was just a way how Changjo shows his affection and he even once stated in their variety show that he didn’t mind Changjo bullying him because they’re friends and that he understands Changjo the best.

Even so, as Changjo wanted to mature, Ricky was still acting like a kid. And being always partnered up with Ricky was ruining his plan to become a more grown man.

Ricky had become somewhat a nuisance to Changjo because he was always acting cute and Changjo was annoyed at his silly actions all the time. One time Ricky messed up dance practice when they were preparing for the concert and because Ricky was busily joking around during break, he didn’t hear what was changed when they switched the lineup of the songs. They were supposed to sing Walk By before they go into the slower song, Girlfriend, but Ricky keeps forgetting and they had to start over and repeat several times.

Changjo started not to care so much about Ricky’s business and was more focused on promotions. Even though he still talks to Ricky, it was because he had to since they’re members and living together. To be honest, Changjo did have some affectionate feelings towards Ricky when they were young and Ricky was always there for him, protecting him. But as he grew, his passion for a manlier image swept his mind.

Ricky being the so kind visual maknae he is, never thought that Changjo was such a heartless person. He always sided with Changjo and supported him. He was too nice to realize that Changjo bullying him was his actual motive and not a teasing love game.

He likes being stuck with Changjo but Changjo although still hang around him sometimes, he had enough of the playful boy.

 

Ricky threw his hand around Changjo’s shoulders and pulled him into a head lock, messing his hair playfully. The fans screamed as they saw the two members closely huddled together.

“Yah!” Changjo was able to get ahold of Ricky’s arms and shoved it away. “Stop playing around! I’m tired okay!?” Changjo glared at the surprised boy.

Ricky stared at Changjo. Not able to comprehend what had happened. Ricky wasn’t a slow boy, actually he is a very smart boy, but when it comes to things like this, he wasn’t the fastest to understand. He would interpret it as if Changjo was just not feeling good that day and would try to cheer him up. But that was what gets on Changjo’s nerves the most but Ricky just don’t get it.

 

 

****

It was 5am when Changjo’s alarm went off and he sleepily rubbed his eyes and made his way to the bathroom to wash up. As he came back out, dressed and was about to leave, he was stopped by Ricky’s voice.

“Jonghyun! I heard you were going to the set of the new film you’re starring in so I made you breakfast since you might get hungry waiting.”

Ricky handed a box to the taller boy and smiled. “Um, well you already know I’m not much of a cook but I did my best.”

“They have tons of food over there, you know….you shouldn't have....” Changjo's voice trailed off, and seems to not want to take it.

Changjo looked at the big round eyes of the petite boy and hesitated before grabbing the box and left without a word.

 

Changjo had been filiming for the past hour after he did his makeup and hair. It was 8 in the morning and everyone was getting ready to eat before they resume. Changjo went inside to put his coat away and he saw the box Ricky had given him. The box was on a table where he had thrown it there without a care after looking what was inside.

“hey, Changjo. What’s this?”one of his costar, Jun, came by and pointed to it.

“It’s just something Ricky made this morning….I was gonna throw it away so just leave it there.”

Jun picked up the box and looked what was packed inside. “Rolled eggs and sausages! They look good. Why are you throwing it away, fool?” Jun asked him confused and slightly hit Changjo’s shoulder playfully.

“I’m gonna eat it if you’re not!” Changjo watched as Jun picked up a piece of sausage and threw it in his mouth.

He eyed the food before he left and as he opened the door to leave, he could hear Jun speaking and nodding his head in disapproval “aish, this boy! Looked at this perfectly rolled egg! And he was gonna throw it away?!” and threw another piece in his mouth enjoyingly. Changjo rolled his eyes making his way back.

 

 

Ricky and Niel was dancing in the studio when the door clicked open. He saw Changjo with his backpack and was dressed in sweats.

“Hey! You’re back. How was filming?”

“Pretty good. As usual.”

Changjo swung his bag towards the mirror. Ricky could sense the maknae was not in a good mood. But as usual, the lovely boy will ask questions nevertheless.

“Was filming fun?” “Did you have to wait long for your scenes?” “Did you make a lot of NGs?” “Were you tired?”

And Changjo would just answer shortly like “Yeah” “ehmm” “No.” “Sometimes” and practices his dance moves, looking at himself in the mirror.

 “It must be fun acting right?”

“ehmm.”

“Did you film alot of scenes today?”

“ehmm.”

“It must’ve been so cold filming!”

“uh hmm.”

"Did you drink lots of water?"

“uh hmm.”

“Soooo….” Ricky slowly started again but quieter, glancing at the taller boy. “Did you like the rolled egg I made you this morning?”

Changjo who was just randomly answering “uh hmm” to everything Ricky asked, acting as if he were listening, stopped his movements when he heard the question. There was a pause as Ricky waited for a reply.

"uhhhh........yeah...." Changjo answered which made Ricky's eyes light up.

Niel who was on the side, pretending that he was dancing could tell that Changjo was just mumbling a yeah to every question. He sighed in his mind. Stupid Ricky…

“Changhyun-ah!”

Ricky turned his gaze from Changjo to Niel who had called him.

“Want to go practice singing in the recording studio with me?”

“Oh, sure.”

Niel walked over, tackling the little boy on the shoulder and dragged him away.

Meanwhile as they were out the door, Changjo was zoned out. Changjo couldn’t tell what he was feeling. He lied. When Ricky asked him if he liked the food he had made, somehow Changjo wasn’t able to tell Ricky up straight that he didn’t eat it. Like he knew the answer would hurt Ricky.

 

“So you made Changjo breakfast this morning?” Niel asked Ricky as they walked down the hall to the recording studio.

“Yep.” Ricky smiled, feeling proud.

“Didn’t Changjo leave around 5? You must’ve woke up really early to prepare it, didn’t you?”

“Ah, it’s okay!” Ricky laughed again. “It wasn’t that difficult.”

Niel looked at the happy boy. He knew Ricky had some feelings for Changjo and he also knew that Ricky was too dense to realize that Changjo doesn’t like him back. Niel couldn’t tell him that. Not when he has such a big smile on that lovely face. Niel didn’t want that to disappear from him. All he can do is to be by his side. 

 

 


Sorry guys, i didn't expect my homework would pile up and not be able to write.

hopefully yall like it? enjoy!