you will be loved (by me)

You will be loved (by me)
Life is something really messed up and evil. Baekhyun knows it, and he knows that he’ll try to take the right turns, and that’s why when he bumps into Kyungsoo, at the ‘fateful day’ as Baekhyun calls it, he says it is love. And he decides he can’t lose the chance to maybe find that someone.


He doesn’t care if the boy glares at him and demands an apology. He doesn’t care, he could even the ground for him. Baekhyun is too submissive and Kyungsoo is too demanding.


Their first kiss happens after three months since they met. Baekhyun is gentle when he moves and Kyungsoo is rough, like he’s in a rush. Baekhyun doesn’t care though. In his opinion, opposites attract, and that’s what him and Kyungsoo are.


They go to the same university, both music majors, Baekhyun plays the piano, Kyungsoo sings, they’re the perfect match in Baekhyun’s mind, and maybe he’s right, or not.


Everything happened on their first year, Baekhyun being just one year older than Kyungsoo. Baekhyun thinks Kyungsoo is a genius for being one year forward from where he was supposed to be, and he’s glad about it, it means he could met him. He only had eyes for Kyungsoo, Baekhyun basically doesn’t know nobody from his classes


Kyungsoo is not romantic, something that Baekhyun considers the only lacking point on him, but he remembers dates and that’s enough.


But three months before they can celebrate their first year anniversary, Kyungsoo tells Baekhyun they need to talk. Kyungsoo’s tone of voice and his serious expression explicits that maybe this is not good news.


And it turned out that he was right.


It’s not bad news, it’s horrible news.


“I think we need to break up.” the first phrase leaves Kyungsoo’s mouth, his face doesn’t waver and it gets Baekhyun controlling his limbs to not fall apart.


“Why would you even say something like this? Aren’t we okay?” Baekhyun is desperate, he can’t lose the love of his life, not when he’s happy like this.


“That’s the problem.” Kyungsoo sighs leaning against the nearest wall. “We’re okay. We’re just okay, I don’t think I can live like this. I like you, I really do, but we’re complete opposites. I can’t put it into words, the actions say more. And I’ve been observing, Baekhyun. You said you love me, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to love you as much as you love me. I don’t think I can say it to you. Not when I know my body is right next to you but my heart is not. Not when I see how I can’t make you happy like you deserve. And I think I like someone else, I don’t want to start things before finishing this.”


Baekhyun sniffs, everything is a blur from his eyes. As Kyungsoo’s words sinks into his mind and make residence, he tries to breath normally, Kyungsoo is still there, looking at him with concern. Concern that he doesn’t need, not from the person who’s dumping him.


“I want to see you happy, but you won’t be happy with me, same applies to me. I’m-” Kyungsoo is cut with a swift move of Baekhyun’s hand in front of his face.


“Do not say you’re sorry. I understand. Thanks for thinking about me and everything else. I hope we can remain friends, but I don’t think it can happen forthwith. Give me time. I hope you manage to be with that someone you like.” he turns to leave and slams the door. Kyungsoo chose the emergency stairs, where nobody would interrupt his talking, and if Baekhyun wanted to cry he would do it without someone witnessing anything.


He didn’t picture Baekhyun to just accept it and leave him here. But he thinks it’s a relief that Baekhyun doesn’t hate him. He still wants to be friend.


-


It’s not that bad, Baekhyun thinks. It’s not that bad that he needs to wear a pair of sunglasses.


He’s eyes are not that puffy and red from all the crying he did last night.


He gave himself some time to reflect about what Kyungsoo said yesterday. He’s right, but Baekhyun wished he wasn’t.


He wanted to have a happy ending with Kyungsoo. But now he needs to focus on college to at least have a happy future with a steady job, but it’s not like music won’t be hard: it was tough choice.


It’s at his last class of the day when Professor Kang, from his ‘Studies in Music Theory and Perception’ classes, asks him to take of the sunglasses because it’s not a sunny day.


Usually, Professor Kang just talks a little, make jokes and let the alumnis do what they want.


So when Baekhyun takes of the acrylic object off his face, the said teacher is already writing on the blackboard and doesn’t give a about what others may be doing.


Kyungsoo is probably at Professor Shin’s ‘Music History’ classes, he only saw the boy once today and tried to avoid him by all costs.


After two years at college, Baekhyun finally takes a look at his classmates, he never really paid attention, he had Kyungsoo, he didn’t need friends, besides his only friend was Chanyeol, he moved and sadly they lost contact a long time ago.


Baekhyun hears a laugh coming from beside him and he turns his face to glare at the person. The boy has dark brown hair and the corners of his mouth turns upwards.


“Excuse me?” Baekhyun glares at the boy who’s still laughing, probably at his face, more specifically his eyes.


“Hey Baekhyun! I was going to ask if you hit your face somewhere because you look like you just got beaten up.” He tries to hold his laugh and fails, and Baekhyun is more than annoyed.


“Do I know you?” he casually asks the boy, he’s not going to lower himself with a snarky comment that can turn into an argument.


“Of course you don’t. You were too busy exchanging lovey dovey cheesy like texts with your boyfriend for the past two years to even look at my face.” the boy mimics Baekhyun typing on his cellphone in a mocking tone and he wants to flip his table.


“Excuse me-”


“Jongdae. Kim Jongdae, my pleasure to finally hear your voice, I thought you were mute at first.” the boy, Jongdae, extends his hand for a shake and Baekhyun ignores him.


“Excuse me, Jongdae.” Baekhyun looks at the blackboard to see if Professor Kang is still using it and sees that the man is reading a book while all the students focus on copying everything at their notebooks. “I don’t think anything I do concerns you. Would you stop laughing at my face?”


“But you look funny.” Jongdae places his pen safely on his desk and turns his body on the chair so he can look at Baekhyun without problems, not like his neck hurts from turning his head to the side but he’s too lazy to write and talk at the same time.


“I do not!” Baekhyun yells and Professor Kang’s makes an effort to avert his eyes out of his super uninteresting book to glare at him.


Baekhyun takes the message and talks in a lower tone, Professor Kang doesn’t care if he’s paying attention or not, just don’t disturb his reading.


“I do not.” he repeats and Jongdae chuckles, this boy is not taking Baekhyun seriously and he wants to strangle him already.


“Of course you do. You look like someone who cried the whole night.” Baekhyun shuts his mouth and gulps avoiding Jongdae’s eyes. It’s not something the boy would know, maybe he’s just joking, but Baekhyun can’t ignore the heavy feeling on his chest.


“Shut up.” Baekhyun folds his arms and rests his head between it, leaving a confused Jongdae looking at his figure.


-


Baekhyun discovers at the next day that he, Kyungsoo and Jongdae share a class. It’s not until he enters and walks up at his unusual desk when Jongdae’s eyes find him and looks questioningly at him, like he’s asking why he’s not sitting near his boyfriend, ex-boyfriend he corrects mentally, the one who’s sitting at the other side of the room.


It’s weird how Jongdae is sitting right beside him, he never noticed him there before. And his presence bothers him. A lot.


“Hi Baekhyun.” he beams when he sits and Baekhyun decides that he won’t waste his time talking with the latter. He has some books to read and he thinks Professor Jung won’t care if he reads then during his classes if he manages to get a high score at his test next week. He usually achieves it. But the said man is not here yet.


“What did I do wrong?” Jongdae asks tilting his head and Baekhyun wants to smack the innocent look on his face.


“Nothing.” he opens his book and starts reading it, oblivious at his surroundings.


“Was it what I said yesterday?” Jongdae kneels next to Baekhyun’s seat and takes the book out of his hands. Baekhyun’s right eye twitch.


He notices the sad-angry expression on Baekhyun’s face and coos at him.


“What was that for?” he cries when something hit his head, it was Baekhyun with his case.


“Stop talking to me. I don’t know you, I don’t want to know you. Leave me alone.” he grabs the book and walks out of the class, passing Professor Jung at the door, he looks at Baekhyun’s frame going away but doesn’t question anything.


Baekhyun doesn’t see Jongdae for the rest of the day. Neither does Jongdae see Baekhyun


Obviously because Baekhyun decoded to pay a visit to an ice cream parlor instead of attending the rest of his classes.


-


Ditching college is something Baekhyun swears he won’t do ever again. He felt guilty when he walked out of class and the look Kyungsoo was giving him made it worse. He had to leave the place in order to not do anything stupid, like cry or scream.


His day is being surprisingly pleasant, no Kyungsoo, nobody questioning why he’s alone or why he’s wearing sunglasses again. His eyes are still puffy and he refuses to take them off until they’re back to normal, what he supposes that will happen tomorrow.


“Hey there peasant.” Baekhyun’s locker closes and he yelps, because his precious pianist fingers almost got hurt.


“What the?” Baekhyun turns, his day was being too good to be true.


“Heey!” Jongdae yells and bursts into a fit of laughter. Baekhyun doesn’t find anything that is happening amusing.


“Stop talking to me, I think that what I said yesterday was pretty clear.” Baekhyun flips his hair and leaves Jongdae to make conversation with the locker.


“Moody.” Jongdae shouts and Baekhyun shows him the finger from afar.


Jongdae finds everything utterly funny.


-


It’s just after a few weeks later, when Baekhyun is eating his spicy rice cakes that Jongdae decides that it’d be logically right to appear out of nowhere screaming about how Baekhyun’s eyeliner makes him look like a girly vampire.


Baekhyun chokes on his precious food. What’s a girly vampire?


“Do you want me to die? Do YOU want to die? And excuse me, I look awesome with eyeliner.” Baekhyun cleans his ‘red because of the spicy sauce’ lips on a napkin. And Jongdae snickers at him. “What are you even talking about?”


“I want some.” Jongdae points at the plate on Baekhyun’s lap that still has some remaining pieces of food.


“No.” he takes one with his chopsticks and he puts it into his mouth with his eyes closed to savor one of his favorite dishes. He puts nothing on his mouth.


There’s nothing on his mouth and he opens his eyes to see Jongdae chewing on something. His food.


Baekhyun wails. Jongdae laughs with his mouth full of Baekhyun’s spicy rice cake.


“I hate you.” Baekhyun stuffs his mouth with one last piece and hands Jongdae what’s still there. “I lost my appetite.”


“Thanks man.” Jongdae mutters and Baekhyun gets up.


“I have to go, bye.” Baekhyun saw something that Jongdae didn’t, and that’d be Kyungsoo holding hands with someone else.


-


Sometimes Jongdae is numb to his surroundings and to others feelings, at least that’s what Baekhyun thinks. Sometimes like now, in the middle of ‘Vocal Practice’ classes when Baekhyun allowed him to sit near him and he points out how he and Kyungsoo are not glued like they were some weeks ago.


He earns a glass-eyed Baekhyun and a hand squeezing his tights.


Once in a while Baekhyun wants to disappear, breaking up is not the end of the world. His emotional wounds are healing fast, it doesn’t hurt when he sees Kyungsoo smiling wholeheartedly to Joonmyeon, one of their seniors and Baekhyun has to admit, Kyungsoo looks happier and he’s happy for him, he also wants to find someone like Joonmyeon for himself.


“Are you crying?” Jongdae asks from beside him, he looks worried and amused at the same time, it’s not funny, but in Baekhyun’s opinion Jongdae’s face is funny.


“No. I’m just sleepy.” he replies faking an yawn and rubs his eyes to dry the almost tears that threatened to fall.


“And I’m hungry. I can’t believe I woke up late and didn’t have time for breakfast.” Jongdae changes topic and Baekhyun is grateful. And he’s hungry too.


“I brought kimbap my mom made. Want some?” he takes out a purple pot and opens it, they’re in the middle of practice but Professor Park is too busy lecturing the chinese exchange student that it’s not getting the concept of something he was explaining. It’s not like Baekhyun or Jongdae were paying attention but at least they know the basics of singing techniques.


Without a word, Jongdae nods his head and munches on the food. It tastes delicious, he promises himself he needs to thanks Mrs. Byun in person someday.


“This-”


“Tastes amazing, I know.” Baekhyun chuckles. “I know, my whole life I’ve been eating my mom’s cooking. The best.”


“Mama’s boy.” Jongdae takes another kimbap and Baekhyun whines.


“Kim, Byun, stop talking and practice what I just told Luhan. And stop eating in the middle of my class, if the principal enters I’ll be in trouble.” Professor Park says from his table and laughs at them. Crazy man.


-


Baekhyun bumps into someone on his way to his locker. A gentle hand offers itself to help him to get up. he brushes off the dust and looks up to thank his saviour.


Joonmyeon smiles so bright it could blind him.


“Hi Baekhyun, you okay?” Joonmyeon gathers all the books Baekhyun let fall and hands them back at him.


“Maybe. I’ll get better.” Baekhyun smiles and he knows that Joonmyeon’s question is not about him falling, the latter sighs at his reply and smiles wider.


“Take care, see you around.” Baekhyun receives a pat on his shoulder and he leans against the lockers, of course he’ll get better.


“You’re blocking my way.” Baekhyun glances up and Jongdae’s stupid face is smiling at him.


“I’m outtie.” Baekhyun runs away before Jongdae can comment anything retarded like he’ve been doing lately.


-


“Vocal practice again, I’m kind of tired of Professor Park reading his comics while he should be teaching us.” Baekhyun sighs and slumps on his seat, he bumped into Jongdae and they came together all the way to this class, Professor Park enters the room, full of energy, something good or bad is about to happen.


“We’ll make some kind of recital, individual performances, you guys will choose one song of your liking and sing it on stage. I’ll count it as an exam.” the class cheers loudly, what’s better than almost free grades, you’re basically good at singing if you’re in this class and entered this college.


“Calm down, you’ll have a week to do everything.” Professor Park takes the chalk and starts writing the dates. “I reserved the auditorium for us.”


“What will you sing?” Baekhyun asks Jongdae who’s the closest to him at the moment.


“It’s a secret, I don’t want you stealing my song.” Jongdae seals his lips and holds his laughter.


That’s something Baekhyun is getting used to.


-


It’s English class when Baekhyun gets a message from Jongdae (‘how the hell did he get my number?’) saying that he needs help.


Baekhyun excuses himself, he’s not that good in english like Kyungsoo, Jongdae better be in deep to make him ditch it.


He finds the boy standing at the entrance, smug grin on his face, the one that Baekhyun wants to smack so badly.


“What do you need? Are you hurt or something?” Baekhyun asks, not worried because Jongdae looks just fine, and he’s going to kill him.


“I need food.” Jongdae’s voice is pissing Baekhyun right now. “I didn’t have breakfast and my parents are out travelling. They went to Jeju without me. I bet they’re pulling out another honeymoon.”


Baekhyun didn’t ask for this information,


“And what do I have to do with this?” Jongdae probably didn’t call him because he was feeling lonely.


“I was feeling lonely.” Jongdae laughs. “Joke, I forgot my wallet at home and I have no money.”


“And you suppose I’ll give you my money?” Baekhyun doesn’t know if he wants to lend his money for him.


“Please.” Jongdae holds his hands in front of him and pleads.


Baekhyun is a er for aegyo (kind of aegyo), he takes his own wallet out of his pocket and throws some bills at Jongdae, who shuts his mouth.


“Thank youuuuu.” Jongdae jumps around and gives Baekhyun a hug.


“No problem.” Baekhyun says while he tries to get away from the hug.


“I’m going, I think I’ll ditch classes today, bye.” Jongdae pushes Baekhyun away and runs, Baekhyun’s scream stops him.


“How dare you take my money and then leave me here? I ran out of my class and I don’t think I can face the people there.” Jongdae comes back and stands in front of Baekhyun, who is glaring intently at his figure.


“Why?” he questions and tilts his head. Baekhyun holds the urge to kick his shin.


“I told the teacher I must’ve eaten something spoiled earlier and I had to go home fast because my stomach hurts.” Baekhyun doesn’t want to go back to college and the teacher will see him walking on the halls better than ever. The face he made for the teacher was convincent enough.


“Come with me then.” Jongdae waits for Baekhyun to agree, when the latter nods he yanks Baekhyun by the arm and pulls him with him to whatever place he’s going.


-


“Starbucks?” Baekhyun voices outraged. “You decided to have breakfast on Starbucks?”


“I like Starbucks.” Jongdae pouts. “It’s an awesome place to have some good food.”


“But it’s near lunch time. I thought you would choose somewhere to have a meal.” Baekhyun growls, he’s hungry too.


“But I want a muffin and my latte.” Jongdae enters the line and waits for his turn.


“A muffin? They have sandwiches, paninis, salads, why a muffin? I’m out, excuse me.” Jongdae holds Baekhyun by the arm to prevent him from leaving.


“No. Make me company, I’m already alone at home, I don’t want to eat alone too.” Jongdae tightens his grip on Baekhyun’s arm and the latter grunts, he doesn’t like to be manhandled.


Baekhyun groans, basically he has no option, he can’t go home now that he remembers, his mom is at home and she won’t like that he’s skipping college.


He waits in line with Jongdae, maybe he’ll order his favorite panini and iced tea.


-


It’s past 6pm when Baekhyun gets back home, he spent the day with Jongdae. They had their brunch at Starbucks, after it, Jongdae wanted to pay a visit to the arcade. He also decided to visit one of his friends, he told Baekhyun that he doesn’t have friends on college, just a few acquaintances like Luhan the chinese boy, so they went to a coffee shop where Jongdae introduced him to a cute looking guy named Minseok. His coffee was one of the best ones he’d experienced.


He’s exhausted. He isn’t a huge fan of games, he’s usually a book person, but the rounds of air hockey and the racing game were the most fun things he did compared to the past years.


His mother greet him when he enter the living room and gives him a welcome home kiss. She asks if he’s hungry and he tells her he’s still full from lunch.


Mrs. Byun finds it really weird that he’s not craving for food, but her son is weird so that’s okay, she ignores and goes to the kitchen, Mr. Byun would arrive anytime soon.


At the privacy of his room, Baekhyun drops his bag to the ground and lies on his bed. He needs to have some philosophical thinking while showering.


-


Baekhyun bumps into Kyungsoo on his way for the auditorium, today is the day for Professor Park’s ‘recital’.


“Baekhyun, fancy meeting you here. How are you?” Kyungsoo asks and offers him a smile. Baekhyun’s heart doesn’t jump out of his chest and he’s not nervous like he used to be when Kyungsoo was near him. To be honest, he feels like Kyungsoo is a long time friend.


“I’m good, how about you?” Baekhyun gives him a small grin and looks around, like he’s searching for someone.


“I’m good too, I hope you’re doing fine about all that-” Kyungsoo stops talking when he sees someone jumping up and down and coming to his direction. Or Baekhyun’s.


“You’re excited for the performances too?” Jongdae bounces while holding Baekhyun’s arms, shaking him furiously and Kyungsoo eyes them with an amused grin.


“I have to go to class, nice seeing you again Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo pats his head and disappears.


“What’s up?” Jongdae holds Baekhyun by the shoulder as they walk their way to the auditorium.


“I wanna perform faster so I can breath properly.” Baekhyun says and Jongdae shakes his head.


“No, I mean, why were you so stiff while talking with Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun glances and Jongdae stares at his eyes, like he knows the answer but wants to hear it from Baekhyun’s mouth.


“Because we broke up almost two months ago and everything is still awkward.” Baekhyun doesn’t cry anymore over the fact that Kyungsoo is not his. It’s not like he was before.


“I know.” Jongdae pats Baekhyun’s back. “Let’s go, Professor Park is waiting for us.”


-


Jongdae is the one that claps loudly when Baekhyun finishes his performance, he played the piano and sang a self composed song. Baekhyun was nervous but Jongdae and Professor Park give him a thumbs up when he leaves the stage.


After Luhan, the teacher calls Jongdae.


Jongdae smiles and bows when he goes up the stage, Professor Park has a clipboard on his hands and notes something in there. He gestures for Jongdae to start and he does as wanted.
 
“I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
She will be loved"
 
 

 Baekhyun is not sure if he’s seeing it right, but all the emotion Jongdae is pulling on his singing and the way he’s looking at him when he says ‘She will be loved’ makes his skin prickle.

 

He’s saying ‘she’ but something inside Baekhyun tells him that he means ‘he’. That yes, ‘He’ will be loved. Baekhyun will be loved. That ‘It's not always rainbows and butterflies’ but ‘You can come anytime you want’, and Baekhyun is not being that confident, it’s just his guts are telling him this.

 

Jongdae finished singing, everybody claps, his voice is amazing and Baekhyun wonders how he never noticed him sitting right beside him during the past two years. It’s ridiculous how ‘in love’ Baekhyun was. More like how blind he was.

 

He takes a seat at the other side of the class, there are some students left to perform and someone occupied the free seat next to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun sighs, he’ll have to ask something to Jongdae later.

 

-

 

Sadly, later ended up being when they were exiting college, Jongdae ran away when the bell rang telling this class was over, and Baekhyun had another english class, which he didn’t share with Jongdae.

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun says when he sees Jongdae approaching him. From afar he can see Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon, looking at him, he smiles and Kyungsoo waves, giving a thumbs up and turning to leave with his arms linked with Joonmyeon’s.

 

“Hi.” Jongdae says startled he’s still putting his textbooks inside the locker, so Baekhyun waits a little.

 

“About earlier.” Baekhyun starts.

 

“Tap on my window knock on my door

I want to make you feel beautiful”

 

Jongdae cuts Baekhyun voicing out the lyrics of the music he sang previously.

 

Baekhyun stares at him, not sure if he should say anything.

 

“I don't mind spending everyday

Out on your corner in the pouring rain

Look for the boy with the broken smile

Ask him if he wants to stay awhile

And he will be loved

He will be loved”

 

Jongdae finishes and blushes. The halls are not packed, and the students are passing like they’re not seeing Jongdae or Baekhyun there, looking at each other and blushing.

 

“I have something to tell you. Can we go to the emergency stairs for a little bit?” Jongdae asks with hope plastered on his eyes. Baekhyun nods and waits to be pulled by Jongdae.

 

When the door closes behind them Baekhyun lets out a sigh and Jongdae turns to look at him.

 

“I was passing by, actually I was taking the stairs and I saw you and Kyungsoo here. I thought I shouldn’t disturb you two, so I stayed up, waiting for you to leave so I could leave too. But then I heard what I shouldn’t have heard and.” Jongdae messes his hair in frustration. “And the fact that I liked you but you had a boyfriend already was a signal for me to move on, but then Kyungsoo broke up with you, and when I saw from upstairs that you would cry, I wanted to go down and hug you.”

 

Baekhyun is seating at the edge of one step and he’s listening silently at Jongdae, waiting for him to keep talking.

 

“But I thought that maybe before trying to make a move on you, I should wait for your heart to heal. The other day when I mocked you, I didn’t intend to even talk to you. I don’t know what I was doing, but I saw it was too late to take my words back, so I decided that bothering you while pretending I didn’t know a thing was the best move I could make.” he laughs and blushes softly, Baekhyun is staring at him and Jondae is not feeling really comfortable about it. “But I’m talking too much, I’m sorry, I just wanted to say that-”

 

“I like you.” Baekhyun smiles when those three words leave his own mouth.

 

“I like how you made fun of me at the day I was using sunglasses, at first I was really pissed but when I got to know you better, I saw how you were like that and didn’t take that personally anymore.” Baekhyun gets up from the place he’s sitting and walks around in the limited space available. “I like how you’re so subtle and random and you make me share my food, which I don’t enjoy by the way, but how you’d share your food with me later on. And how we always end up having a lot of stuff to talk about, and the way that the corner of your lips do that upwards thing when you smile.”

 

Jongdae smiles and giggles at Baekhyun’s words.

 

“See?” Baekhyun nears Jongdae and points at his mouth. “Sometimes think ‘Ah I want to be brave’, and you know what?” Baekhyun’s breath is tickling Jongdae’s face when he takes him by the collar of his shirt. “I’m going to put the brave thing into action right now.”

 

Jongdae closes his eyes before Baekhyun finishes his speech, he’s leaning against a wall and he smiles when Baekhyun closes the gap between them.

 

Different from Kyungsoo, Jongdae is not demanding as he lets Baekhyun lead the kiss. The hands that were at the collar of Jongdae's shirt find their way to his neck and Jongdae holds Baekhyun by the waist.

 

Baekhyun, different from Jongdae, is still the submissive type, he waits for Jongdae to make the initiative to deepen the kiss, which doesn't happen.

 

"You don't want to kiss me?" Baekhyun asks breaking the lip locking.

 

"What? I'm just waiting for you to make a move." Jongdae replies and tightens the grip on Baekhyun's waist. "You want me to start?"

 

Baekhyun shyly nods his head and Jongdae hugs him.

 

"Okay." He whispers on his left ear and distances himself a little to brush his lips against Baekhyun's. "Close your eyes."

 

"They're closed already." Baekhyun chuckles and Jongdae presses his lips against his, stopping Baekhyun's almost fit of giggles.

 

Jongdae is gentle, just like Baekhyun. They're not into a lip bruising kiss, their lips move smoothly and Jongdae tilts his head a little to have better access to Baekhyun's mouth.

 

Baekhyun willingly parts his lips and Jongdae almost laughs, Baekhyun probably doesn't want his lips to get swollen, at least not too much.

 

They stay like that for a good amount of time, Baekhyun enjoys the fact that he's not having all the oxygen withdrawn from his lungs, he knows how to breathe with his nose.

 

Jongdae pulls away a few minutes later, panting slightly as he hugs Baekhyun again.

 

"Are you my boyfriend now?" He whispers to Baekhyun and the latter hides his nose on Jongdae's hair, smelling how sweet is his scent.

 

He hums in response (which screams 'positive')and Jongdae kisses one side of his neck.

 

"I think we should leave. The janitor will close the building at any minute by now." Jongdae takes Baekhyun's hand on his and kindly pulls him out of the staircase.

 

"Do you think your mom will like me?" Jongdae asks while they walk out of college. Baekhyun looks confused at him.

 

"Why you ask? You want to meet her?" Baekhyun plays with Jongdae's fingers.

 

"I'm walking you home, I think she'll probably see me." Baekhyun now understands his point and laughs.

 

"She knows that-" he gestures to them and laughs some more. "That I prefer boys and my dad does too, though he's not like her, took him long enough to recover over the fact that the only way he'll have grandsons is from my brother. Unless I decide to adopt."

 

Jongdae affectively bumps his shoulders with Baekhyun's and the latter link his arm with his.

 

Took Baekhyun about two months to recover from the break up and now he understands what Kyungsoo meant.

 

Kyungsoo was able to give him what his body wanted but not his heart.

 

Jongdae was there already. Baekhyun just delayed his perception about how Kyungsoo and him weren't the perfect for each other.

 

Jongdae waited for him. And that's enough for Baekhyun to understand what true love is.

 

Baekhyun will probably tell Jongdae he loves him in a few weeks, because he's like this, the same way that he doesn't like to wait, he doesn't like to make others wait too.

 

Hopefully, Jongdae will say the same words back at him. The way he holds his hand and smiles shows a lot already.

 

And Baekhyun couldn't be happier.