Final

Bye Bye

Flashback.

“Kat!! Wait up!!,” several girls shouted after a girl who is walking fast ahead.

“Hurry up!! I don’t want to be late for our first lessons,” Katherine replied.

The 4 girls ran up towards the girl and walked up together into the dance academy since they loved to perform and this is their first day of class. They found their classrooms and saw 5 teenage guys already waiting in the dance studio and bowed to them in greeting. Jungkyun smiled and bowed back as his friends to began follow his lead.

“Anyeong. I’m Jungkyung and these are my friends, Seunghyun, Jongmin, Sangwoo and Yujin,” the talled doe eyed guy introduced himself to the girls.

“Hi.. I’m Katherine and these are my friends Casey, Emma, Yuri and Yumi” the girl introduced when the door suddenly burst open.

“Am I late??,” a girl with wavy hair and steel blue eyes asked as she panted for her breath.

“Nope.. You are on time,” Yujin replied and smiled.

“Thank God!! And you!!,” the girl said and growled at Yujin who gulped and hid behind his best friend.

“Err?? Do you know who she is, Yujin??,” Sangwoo asked as he watched the girl glare at his friend who is hiding behind him.

“Son Yujin!! You were supposed to wake me up to remind me the time of our class!! And of course he knows me, I’m his cousin and I just recently moved in with him,” the girl replied and began to stalk towards the said cousin of her.

“Epp!! Mianhae, Bia!!,” Yujin replied and ran as the steel blue eyed girl chased him.

The rest of the occupants in the room began laughing as they watched the two cousins running around in the room and eventually the girl managed to tackle her cousin and both fell on the floor with the girl straddling Yujin which made the teenage boy blushed madly.

“Next time you do that and leave me, you are dead,” Bianca told her cousin and got off from him.

“So.. you both are cousins??,” both Jungkyun and Katherine asked at the same time and blushed while their friends giggled.

“Bianca Choi Hyesu and yes, we are cousins,” the steel blue eyed girl replied and bowed.

Soon the eleven teenagers were happily talking about their dreams and etc until their instructor came in barked orders to warm up to begin their dance lessons.

End Of Flashback.

The environment was solemn and cries of sadness can be heard throughout the house as visitors came and go to offer their condolences to the family of Katherine. Her friends were sitting near Katherine’s mother as they comforted the grieving middle aged woman who had just lost her only child while her husband was playing the good host to the guests even though you could actually see the streaks of tears on his face and the look on sadness in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Auntie..,” Jungkyun spoke up with tears in his eyes.

The elder woman looked up towards the teenager and gave a sad smile at him as she knew on how much her beloved daughter loved him and her friends. She pulled him into a hug as the rest of the group has surrounded the two and gave a group hug.  

“Auntie.. Uncle.. Jungkyun,” two familiar voices called which made the group turned their attention to the two voices.

Yujin smiled sadly as he was holding his crying cousin as they walk through the house searching for their friends and the family of their late friends. Bianca sniffed and went straight to both Jungkyun and the woman whom she thinks as a second mother as she hugged both of them.

“I’m sorry for your loss, auntie.. And I’m sorry, Jungkyun. I know how much she meant to the both of you,” the steel blue eyed girl told them with tears still running in her eyes.

Seunghyun who was standing there with some of his friends saw the steel blue eyed girl and gave a hug from the back to comfort her which she accepted before she went to comfort Katherine’s best friend Casey who is being comforted by Sangwoo and Jongmin.

“Casey.. I’m so sorry..,” Bianca told the grieving girl.

“I’m so sorry as well, girl,” the said girl answered and hugged the girl tightly.

Flashback.

“Mom!! I’m home!! I brought some friends from school,” Katherine shouted once she reached home with 10 teenagers following from behind her.

“Welcome home, honey. Oh my.. Hello angels,” her mother said and greeted the group of 11.

“She is not an angel,” Yujin muttered pointed towards his cousin.

Annoyed with her cousin, Bianca smacked his head much to the amusement of the others as Katherine’s mother began fussing over them and ushered them into the kitchen. She told them to sit at the dining table and wait while she prepares some snacks for them. Katherine went to help her mom while the rest were staring at the kitchen/dining room which is big and filled with a lot of pictures of Katherine with her family as she was growing up. Casey smiled as she saw the picture of herself with Katherine when they were kids.

“So you’ve known her since you were kids??,” Bianca asked when she saw the picture.

“Yup.. Best friends since we were toddlers. I just live a few doors down from here,” Casey told the girl.

“Cute.. Hehehehe,” Jungkyun suddenly said startling the two girls.

Katherine blushed as she had heard what Jungkyun said about her picture as a child with KC while carrying a tray of beverages and sandwiches. Soon the “angels” as her mother had dubbed them were eating away, chatting and giggling much to the embarrassment of Katherine and KC as her mom told them stories of them as kids.

End of Flashback.

“It’s time..,” Katherine’s dad announced as the guests slowly began to disperse to go to the church for the reception.

Yujin slowly dragged away his cousin who is being comforted by Seunghyun as they all head to the church to pay their final respects to their friend and see her for one last time before burying her into the earth. Seunghyun sighed to himself as he knew it would take a while for Yujin to get use to him dating his cousin as he had only asked her out two weeks ago before the fateful accident that left them with the heartache and loss of their friend. He squeezed the shoulder and hugged Jungkyun from the side as they walked together towards their destination. Casey, Emma and the Yu twins as Yuri and Yumi were nicknamed by the group for having the same first word of their name walked with the other three boys.  

“Today we are here to ….,” the pastor began speaking and as people sat down to hear the reception.

At the front in the middle of the church lay a coffin with the late Katherine’s body laid with a smile on her face as if she was sleeping. Aimee, her mother cried into her husband’s arms as they listened to some of their relatives giving a short speech about their daughter and also from her friends.

“Go, Jungkyun.. You loved her the most among us.. You should go and tell them..,” Casey encouraged the grieving young man.

He nodded and walked to the stand as his friends watched him with sad smiles on their faces. He stared at the picture of Katherine smiling that was placed near the stand and took a deep breath. Everyone listened to his speech about how they have meet a few months back on the first day of dance class and made everyone smile at the memory especially to Bianca and Yujin since she was chasing him around the studio for not waking her up and left her.

“I will miss her always as she is one of my good friends and I love her so much. I’m sad that I didn’t have the chance to confess to her on my feelings and now it is too late already for me to say that I love her and want to spend my life with her as she is gone now. Katherine, I know you are watching us from above and I want to tell you now that I love you and you will always be in heart. Please watch over us now as we go on with life,” Jungkyun said as tears had began to flow again on his face.

Flashback.

The group of eleven teenagers were playing around at the park located near their school as others watched the group in amusement. Jungkyun was panting as he couldn’t catch up with his friends since they were playing a game of freeze tag despite the fact that they are no longer children but teenagers and he was “it”.

“You can’t catch me!!,” Katherine shouted as she ran passed the panting teenager and stuck her tongue out.

“Oh..  I will catch you, Kat,” he muttered when Seunghyun suddenly whizzed passed and smacked his best friend on the .

Growling, Jungkyun chased the elder teenager who yelped and ran off into the direction of his crush who just smirked and ran into the other direction. Soon he managed to tap Seunghyun on the shoulder before running off to catch his crush, who is laughing and running off dragging Casey and Bianca along with her before the other two girls separated from her.

“Gotcha!!,” he said as he tackled the girl down.

“Fine you caught me. Hehehe,” she muttered from beneath him as both of them had fallen onto the ground with Jungkyun on top of her.

End Of Flashback.

After the reception, everyone gathered at the cemetery while Katherine’s father and the five boys staid back as they wanted to carry the casket into the cemetery on their own. As soon as the casket was placed on the ground, one by one of the people who attended the funeral placed a white rose on the coffin. Casey placed two roses on the coffin and touched the coffin for a final time.

“Goodbye, Katherine. You are the greatest best friend and sister that I have ever had. I’ll miss you,” she said and stepped away to give others to say their final goodbye.

The last person to place a rose on the coffin together with Jungkyun is Bianca who silently touched her lips with her hand and place that hand on the coffin before breaking out singing Mariah Carey’s Bye Bye which made her other friends joined in with her as the coffin was slowly being lowered into the ground. Everyone was surprised and overwhelmed with emotions as the group of Katherine’s friends sang the song as a final goodbye for their friend. Katherine’s parents felt touched and smiled at them as now even though they had lost their only daughter but now they had gain 10 more children because of their friendship with her and thanked God and their daughter for looking out for them.