I Am The New Girl

Slugs, Boys and Perfect Snogging

 

I pay the taxi driver and step out into the cold morning air. I swing my bag over my shoulder and walk through the gates of Seoul Performing Arts High School. I see a sign pointing to the school office and quickly hurry over there as students are starting to whisper and stare.

My name is Park Jae Min (박재민). This year I turned 15. My mum is Chinese while my dad is from Hong Kong but I was raised in Australia. When I was 10 I started learning Korean and now I can speak fluently. I have long dyed chocolate hair with bright purple tips but my hair is a natural dark brown. My eyes are a dark brown and I wear glasses as I lost my contacts yesterday.

As I walk through a corridor leading to the office I pass a classroom crowded with squealing girls. As I stop to investigate I see three boys dancing to a remix song. It sounds like a remix of Justin Timberlake and Michael Jackson. The three boys dance to the beat of the music. The one with black hair lifts the corner of his shirt up revealing his flat stomach and developing abs earning a decent amount of squeals from the watching “fan girls”.

I’m broken out of my staring trance as a girl with light brown curls shouts, “YA. Who are you?” I quickly apologise and run to the office which was conveniently just across from the classroom door I had been standing at.

The offices warmth surrounds me as the smell of spilled coffee and Dollar store perfume fills the air. A lady sitting behind a desk shoots a warm smile in my direction and the turns back to her computer as she talks. “You must be our new student Park Jae Min. Here’s your timetable and a map. If you have any trouble don’t hesitate to come find me.” You take your timetable and map from her and scan over it quickly. “Thanks” you say but she is already typing away on her computer. She gives you a small nod and you turn around and leave. 

As soon as you’re outside you look at your freshly printed timetable. You look for week 1A and discover 1st period you have Dance, 2nd you have singing, 3rd Maths and 4th English. You look at your map until you find performance space 3 and decide to go there now just in case you get lost. By the time you have found the classroom the bell has just gone and you go inside to find yourself in a dance studio. You place your bag with the other students along the wall and are thankful you decided to wear your dance clothes to school this morning.

You start warming up like everyone else and a friendly looking face starts to approach you. “Hello are you new? My name is Suzy. Nice to meet you.” She smiles at you warmly. “Uhm yeah hi I’m the new student JaeMin but you can call me Jamie if you want. Nice to meet you too.”

You were about to shake her hand but a person falls on you and you both go crashing onto the floor.

 

 

The three cute boys dancing: http://bit.ly/iPOMou
------------------------
PikaMinnie 9th August 2011
Please subscribe and Comment :D