03

Guardian Angel

the sun light danced its way into her room, using its natural light to brighten up the room. she turned over in the bed trying to sleep just a little longer. but the light had gotten to her brain telling it, it was day, time to start getting up and preparing for the day ahead.

rolling out of the warmth of the covers she stumbled around until she made her way to the small bathroom. her eyes still tightly shut, she felt around for the sink and turned the taps until water smoothly flowed out. cupping her hands under the the running water she collected it and threw it onto her face, the cool water woke her up properly. rubbing her eyes open she let out a small sigh.

she looked back up to the mirror shock and fright run through her body. a boy, one she had never seen before, was standing behind her. she quickly turned around and in an act of defense went to hit him.

but he wasnt there.

was her mind playing tricks on her? she splashed more cold water on her face in an attempt to make sure she was absolutely awake and not dreaming, then looked back into the glass mirror.

her breathing slowed as she saw his face in the mirror with hers. 

"w-who are you?' her voice trembled as she spoke. she didn't want to turn around again, she couldn't. she stood there frozen in place, hands with a tight grip on the sink.

"my name is Suho" his voice sounded like honey. there was a certain special something to his tone that she couldn't quite put her finger on. but she liked it. his voice was something she thought she would remember, she couldn't be dreaming. you cant dream people who you have never seen the face or heard the voice of before.

her grip on the sink loosened as she slowly turned her hips. this time she turned to see a the short boy who was standing a few feet away from her. his dark eyes were large and evenly spaced out on his face, sitting below his straight trimmed eyebrows that seemed to curved towards the ends. his mouth was closed in a thin, straight line. his hair, dark brown in color rested neatly down on his forehead. he wore a large dark coat, with big polished buttons. he faced her with a seedy gaze.

"why are you standing in my bathroom?" she was stern with him, she wanted to get the the point, she wasn't prepared to have some random man in her bathroom.

"umm" his eyes darted around the room, panicked. "i cant answer that" 

"what?" her jaw was dropped low. "im sorry but you have to leave, right now! or im calling the cops" she didn't dare get closer to him then she already was, just encase he did something. although from his looks he looked harmless, like he couldn't possibly hurt her. "please leave right now" she was no longer stern, but pleading.

"of course" he looked around again, it made her wonder if he actually knew the way out. "sorry to scare you, ill be on my way now" he bowed politely and turned to walk out the door, but freezing midway. "you don't happen to know somewhere i could get food do you?"

she felt so confused, did this boy really come in to her house with out permission to ask about food? he seemed as lost and confused as her, as if he didn't know where he was.

"um... there's a nice little coffee shop just down the road, or a store just a bit further." 

"thank you, ill let myself out" with that he made his way out of the bathroom and though to the hallway. she followed him curiously from a distance, just to make sure he left without taking anything. when he reached the door he stood the for a while not doing anything, she could see from behind that his arm was moving. she thought he must have been struggling with the door and helped him.

"here, watch out" she shoved him aside, as she did she felt a cold shiver run down her spin. she opened the door in one go and held it opened for him to leave. "there you go" she forced a smile onto her face as she directed him out.

"thank you" was all he muttered, his facial expression had change and he know looked a little frightened. he walked out the door, and down the front steps. as he reached the footpath he looked left then right, he seemed so helpless and scared like a lost child. something about that killed a small part of Soobin, she knew what it was like to not know where your going, making you scared about which way was the right way to go. 

"all the food is that way" she pointed him in the direction he had to go to find food. "you cant miss it, they're all on this street. you'll smell it, so just follow that." she almost felt like walking down to him, taking his hand and leading him all the way to the coffee shop just to make sure he arrived.

how is it a stranger, that not to mention one that broke in to her house, could have such an effect on her that she wanted to take his hand and make sure he was ok. she felt the need to help the boy. to almost just be with the boy. but he was already on his way down the street.

her eyes watched him get further away and she felt something in her heart, she felt distance from people in the word again. only then did she realized he is affect on her made her feel connected to something again.

it was all strange and confusing to her, but she tried to brush it off and continue getting ready for school. 

but as she walked back to the bathroom to do her hair and makeup, all she could think about was the way he said his name. 

suho