"My...Name?"

"What's Your Name?"
XSYKOTICA
"My...name?"  
He laughed.

Who is this man? He seems really familiar… eh, probably one of the hospital’s employee.

I smiled a little, and reached out for the water jug beside me. Before I could touch it though, he strode over and poured me a cup. I nodded my thanks and drank.

He has a nice laugh, it’s like… it’s like hot chocolate during winter. It’s soothing. But… really, who is this man?

“Jagiyaa~, don’t joke like that, hm?” he said, and smiled, looking at me.

He’s really tall, standing beside my bed like this. He has a nice smile, too. But…Jagiya?

“Appa and Omma are going to be here soon, let’s get you cleaned up shall we, little one?”

Ah… he’s my oppa then? Hahaha, that’s a pity. Hm, little one he said? I’m 19, hardly little anymore, I would think. Tsk tsk, such a cute older brother.

“They’re bringing food. We’ll just eat here, okay? I’ll eat with you.” He continued chattering happily as he arranged the chairs in the room, pulling them nearer to my bed.

“Oppa,” I called out cheerfully, glad I have someone I know here with me.

I found it funny that I didn’t recognize him at first though… probably because he was so far away. I looked up, and saw him look at me with a weird look on his face.

“You never used to like calling me that.” He said, and paused.

I blinked as silence stretched, finding it weird I don’t call my own brother ‘oppa’. As I was pondering, a middle-aged couple entered the room, carrying containers of what smells like food.

Strangers in my room… they probably got the wrong ward. The food smells delicious though… maybe I could ask oppa if he could get me some. I’m suddenly so famished!

“Ah!” he said, clapping his hands excitedly, diverting his attention to the strangers, “We haven’t got the chance to clean up yet… hahaha. But mmm, that smells delicious! What’s in there?”

It seems like he knows the couple… eh, friends perhaps?

“A…” I started, and stopped. A…what? What was I going to say?

I figured I must have had a confused look on my face, because all of them turned to look at me. I blinked at the group and pulled my covers a bit higher, holding onto them. For some reason, I suddenly felt self-conscious when being stared at.

“Y..Yah…” the lady spoke, “Don’t t-“

Her words were disrupted by a knock on the door, causing everyone to turn. When the familiar figure entered the room, I heaved a relieve sigh and grinned.

“Kim In Joon songsaengnim!” I called out.

The doctor walked in smiling. He nodded at my oppa and the two strangers before walking over to fuss over me, asking this and that. I was laughing at how he’s being his usual mother-hen self when I noticed the silence from the other end of the room. Tilting my head to the right, because the doctor was blocking the view, I saw the three of them whispering to each other in a corner, occasionally glancing at me.

Kim In Joon songsaengnim noticed.

“Ah… don’t tell me you don’t know them! You cheeky kid, it’s not nice playing a prank like that. Especially after being in a coma for so long. They’re worried about you, hm?” He said while laughing, busying his hands with tubes that goes God knows where.

I stared at him in silence, feeling really confused. Once again, it must have been written all over my face, I guess, when he suddenly stopped examining the tubes and looked up at me. Realization washed over his face. Calmly, he pressed the communication button that's located beside my bed and asked for a nurse.

What’s going on…

“Now, I want you to answer me okay?” He looked at me and asked, suddenly serious.

I nodded quickly, barely noticing a nurse entering the room with quick strides, waiting for the question.

“What’s my name?"

I stared at him, wondering if it’s appropriate to laugh when the atmosphere is so tense. I did anyway.

“Songsaengnim?" I asked, barely able to control the laughter. "Did you forgot your own name?” 

When he didn’t break out into a smile, I stopped laughing. The trio at the other end of the room slowly approached and I wondered why the couple is still here, but that’s good, I guess. I think I saw chicken in one of the container.

“Kiddo, answer me.”

I shifted my attention back to the doctor.

“K-kim In J-joon songsaengnim…” I answered, “wh.. what’s going on?”

Looking around the peach-coloured room, I saw five concerned faces staring back at me. Kim songsaengnim started digging around his pocket for something.

A pen probably.

“Nothing to worry about, I’m just going to ask a few more questions okay?”

I nodded for the millionth time.

“Now, do you know who these people are?” he questioned, and pointed at the trio.

Why does he sound like he’s… I… Who are these people anyway!

Annoyed, I shifted my attention to the trio. “Oppa,” I said, and pointed at my brother. I looked at the couple, then, and saw…hopeful faces? I opened my mouth to answer 'No' , before shutting it again.

Sh-… Should I know them?

I opened my mouth once again to call out… 

Call out... what? 

It’s like... I know who are they but at the same time…

“Kiddo, hey.”

I turned my gaze back to the doctor, suddenly feeling like I’m back in first grade, being asked to answer a question I don’t know.

“What’s... your name?” He asked softly.

“S-..” S-… Soo…

Slowly, my eyes widened as I let out a distressed cry, alarming everyone.

“S-songs-saengn-nim…” I whimpered “Wh-… What’s my name?!”