Chapter 5: Episode 5 ~ Jessica Tries

Bosses' Love

A/N: Eomoni = Mother. Abeoji = Father. “Talking” ‘Thinking’

~ Part 1 ~

~ Jessica’s POV ~

I am so gonna get that man wrapped around my finger! Kim Jaejoong…be prepared to be my husband! I’m planning to ask him to date me for a while. Within this time, I will try and capture his heart and then HE WILL BE MINE!!!

Now, where is he? It’s 3 o’ clock! I wonder if he has lunch somewhere else… Oh there he is!

“Jaejoong-sshi!” I wave.

He saw me! He’s coming towards me! “Yes?”

I blink shyly, “Uh, I have a favour to ask you.”

“Sure. What is it?” he asks in that mega sweet voice.

“…Can we go out…please?”

He looks flustered. After all, he didn’t see that coming! Looks like he’s out of words to use… I try and look sad.

“I…can we talk about this later please?” he says.

“Oh, alright.” Well at least he’ll think about it!

~ Jaejoong’s POV ~

It hasn’t been a week yet and a random employee wants to date me? I remember Valentine’s Day at school and my extreme happiness after I graduated. No more girl floods. Little did I know that school was a safer place. Now the problem is that I can't say ‘yes’ because I don’t like her and I am her employer. But should I say ‘no’? What if it affects her? Especially her efficiency and productivity because she might get hurt? No, I shouldn’t lie.

I open the file. It is the same information. Alright, I should do my own work now. Maybe I should visit the factory some time tomorrow, see what’s going on and stuff.

“Oy! You said you wanted to show me something?”

“Siwon, you don’t say ‘oy’ in the office. It’s Jaejoong-sshi.”

“Fine, let me start again.” Siwon-hyung really knows how to amuse people. “Jaejoong-sshi, good afternoon. I recall that you had asked me to meet you earlier today. May I know what you wanted to show me, please?” he fakes a smile.

I laugh. I can't help it! “Sit.”

I show him the file. “Wow,” he says. “You guys are allies now?”

“Hm…First time I saw a man like him.”

“Yup. Me too. Well I didn’t see him face-to-face though.”

“He is very nice and courteous, even at 1 in the morning.”

“What?! Is he crazy?! 1 in the morning?!” he looks at me with wide eyes.

“Somewhat. Anyway, tomorrow is a holiday, so, what’s your plan?”

“I'm gonna sleep all day long.”

“And dream of Taeyeon?”

“Eh? No…” he looks away. Why doesn’t he tell her already?!

“Date her.”

He slowly turns his head towards me. “Are you out of your mind?”

“No, you are. You can't tell that she likes you too? I mean remember your birthday? Plus, you can't admire her from the shadows forever.”

“Still…” he became thoughtful again… What does he think about so much?

“Listen hyung. You’re 26 now. About time don’t you think? Falling in love is perfect now! Plus, you could get married or something and have children and-”

“WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! Easy man! You’re going too fast!” he looks shocked. Haha! He’s blushing too!

“Hyung you’re blushing!” I say and burst into laughter.

“What-no!”

“Yes!”

Hey, am I the only one laughing? He’s looking at me. He has a small smile on his face right now. “Siwon-hyung? Is something wrong?”

“It’s been a while since you laughed from your heart.”

~ Normal POV ~

“Oh,” Jaejoong said, caught by surprise. He wasn’t the type of person to laugh heartily in official places.

“Well I’ll be going then. Maybe I’ll visit my parents today, see how they are doing and stuff…”

“And Taeyeon?” Jaejoong brought the topic up again

“…Jaejoong…”

Jaejoong chuckled. “Okay, alright, calm down, take it easy. Do as you want hyung, but if you need help, just give me a call.”

Siwon laughed. “Sure.”

The minute Siwon left, Jaejoong brought his phone out. He completely forgot about what happened.

“Jessica?”

“Yes?!” she sounded excited. He didn’t want to do this, but he had to.

“I’m sorry.”

“Huh?”

“About what you asked …… I don’t want to date you…”

“Oh…no problem actually. Thanks for letting me know. Ok, bye.”

~ Jessica’s POV ~

Attempt 1 can fail, but attempt 2 will not!

~ Break ~

~ Part 2 ~

-11 p.m.-

~ Yunho’s POV ~

For some reason, I like hanging out at the bar at night. Alone.

How could my father be such a traitor? Why would he do something like this? Why couldn’t he just create something with his own hands instead of steal someone else’s firm? He never even told me why! Even Eomoni doesn’t know why…

Thinking of that, I wonder what Eomoni is doing right now. Maybe I should call her. “Eomoni?”

“Yunho! How are you sweetheart?”

“I’m fine Eomoni, you?”

“I’m doing great here. Did you find out?”

“Yup. I even made an ally.”

“Really? Who?”

“Kim Jaejoong.”

“Eh? Jaejoong-sshi? I know his mother. We used to go to school together!”

“EH?!”

“I'm glad our children are becoming friends too! The last time I heard from her was when you were just born. She was still awaiting her due date. After that, somehow all the connections were cut and we forgot about each other. Do you think you can give me her number somehow? I want to see how my school friend is doing.”

“How will I do that? Jaejoong-sshi and I are connected through that only way: finding out more evidence about Abeoji.”

“I don’t know how but you will get it alright?” she says sweetly.

“Fine…I’ll try and ask.”

“Good! Take care of yourself son. Eat properly. Don’t let work get in the way of your health. And don’t drive too fast-”

“Eomoni! I know!” I laugh.

“Alright, alright. I know you’re grown up and all, but I can't stop worrying.”

“I don’t want your blood pressure to rise Eomoni… If it does, I will give you that same lecture,” I threaten her.

She laughs, “Alright, alright. I will.”

“Oh I have to ask you to do me a favour, please. Can you search some other places at home for anything else Abeoji left?”

“Sure dear. Don’t worry so much. All of us are trying our best.”

“Thanks. Bye Eomoni. Love you.”

“You too Yunho. Bye.”

I hang up. I'm drinking my second glass of soju now and then I’ll go home and sleep. I think I shouldn’t drink so often… If Eomoni knows, I’m dead.

~ Normal POV ~

Jessica walked into the restaurant, or maybe it should be called ‘bar’ at this hour, and ordered soju for two. She sat across the table where Yunho sat. She searched in her contacts for Jaejoong’s number. “Jaejoong-sshi.”

Jaejoong sighed inwardly, “Yes?”

“Can we meet at the bar in Euljiro please?”

‘Oh that one…’ “Sure, I’m coming.”

The moment he entered, he spotted Yunho. ‘Is it alright if he sees me?’

He quietly walked to Jessica. “You wanted to meet me?” He cautiously sat facing Jessica so that Yunho couldn’t see him even if he turned around. They were sitting back-to-back.

“Yes. Are you free tomorrow?” she asked.

Jaejoong made sure his voice was low, “I’m a little busy tomorrow.” ‘She’s asking me to date her, probably.’

“Oh. That’s sad. I was wondering if we could spend some time to know each other a little more.”

“I'm sorry. If that’s all, then can I leave?”

Jessica was totally rejected. “Sure,” she stood up. “Thank you for spending your time after me.”

“You’re welcome,” he said and quietly got up and quickly left. Jessica grunted but she was nowhere near giving up. She walked out of the bar while trying to think of a new plan.

Jaejoong thought he was low enough, but what he didn’t know was that Yunho had sharp ears…

‘Who was that…’

# - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - #