Final

Little Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that much of an adult, but not a kid either. Just old enough to fall in love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

His smile brightens the world in the middle of the night; that is Do Kyungsoo. His curious eyes traveled to every corner of the world, every small thing lure his interest. If you just look at him briefly, you won’t understand the reasons of his eyes widens into the shape of saucer, even if you ask he would never answer, but if you tried to rack the answer, maybe you’ll know eventually. He’s just that kind of mysterious endearing kid. He doesn’t talk much, but even by just looking at him, you could already know that he’s asking you something. Like a little boy, that was what Do Kyungsoo defined as. That was long time ago though. He was no longer that curious little boy who wanted to know everything and done almost all cute things in this worldwide. He’s an adult now. A baby-faced adult.

But to be called a little boy at the age of 20 could be annoying too. There were times where he wanted to try lying or stealing, or doing any of those things that bad kids usually does, but he’s just not good at them. When he lied, one could easily tell that he’s lying. When he stole something, he couldn’t help but giving it back at the end because of the guilt. His mother always teaches him to be nice to people, and that was exactly what he did. But, that was also what makes people like him, as much as hating him. He got many older people liking him because he’s so cute, squishy and endearing. But the kids at his age keep on making fun of him and loathed him because of the attention he got. It just can’t be help, no? Being cute is also a bad thing at times.

When he’s still young, maybe it feels nice to have people ruffling his hair, giving him free ice-cream and called him a good boy. But now that he’s already an adult, how he wish people would stop doing all those things. He wanted to be treated like an adult too. But with his utterly adorable looks and short height, people just won’t believe that he’s an adult.

Kyungsoo sighed reminiscing those old days. He remember how sweet it was to get free treats from the elderly long time ago. But it is getting really annoying as he grew up. He stood up from his seat on the windowsill and maneuvered his way towards the bathroom to wash up. The sun had set few minutes ago, he just wanted to clean himself, change into some comfortable clothes and sleep. But as he lied on his comfy bed, his eyes just won’t shut. He moved around to find some comfortable position, but his eyes just wouldn’t bring himself to sleep. He knocked his head few times. He doesn’t realize at just how fast the time flies, but when he finally did, it was already midnight. Kyungsoo pouted. He sighed again and walked towards the windowsill, taking a seat on it and lean his head on the cold window glass, staring at the empty road from the second floor of his house. It was really a quiet night.

But not for long though. He shot his head up and gasped loudly when something enters his field of vision. Without thinking twice, he pushed the window open and shouted, “No! Don’t hurt it!”

 

 

Chanyeol walked along the pavement road with both of his hand buried inside his jeans’ pocket and bored expression plastered on his face. His argument with his stupid brother, Kris, earlier still bother him to no end. Kris was just a year older than him, but that big ogre keeps on acting like his father or something. It is really annoying. Just because Chanyeol is few centimeters shorter than him, doesn’t mean he have the right of telling him what to do. Chanyeol really hates it when Kris keep on nagging to him like an old lady. please, Chanyeol is 23 for God’s sake. He’s not a kid, and just look at his height! He doesn’t even need to surpass Kris’ height anymore because he already towers most people in their town!

“Study harder! Quit playing! Stop fooling around like kid! Jeez, that guy…” He muttered under his breath, mocking Kris.

He continue mumbling incoherent stuffs until  a he gets tired of walking for… he doesn’t even know how many miles he had traveled. Not that he cares actually. He looked around and realized that he just enter another neighborhood, next to where he and Kris live. He saw a bench and quickly sat on it, catching his breath. He was panting softly when suddenly a something soft nudged his legs. He thought it was the breeze, so he just shrug it off. But then, something wet starts his feet. He quickly stood up, and peeked his head under the bench. It was a puppy.

He looked around to see if any kids would come running to pick the dog up and claimed as its owner. But there was none. Well, which kids would be out at such an ungodly hour anyway?

“Jeez! That’s annoying!” He shouted.

The puppy, in the other hand, is giving him a pitiful looks that is so hard to resists. Chanyeol frowned. Their eye contact last for few minutes when the puppy walked nearing him and rubbed his head softly at his legs. Chanyeol never liked dogs, and puppies were no exception too. He almost kicked the puppy away when a loud squeak stopped him from doing so.

“No! Don’t hurt it!” A high-pitched voice making him froze and his left leg hanging high in the air.

He looked around to see where that voice coming from. When he looked up, a cute boy from the second floor of a house was peeking his head out of his window, with worried and somewhat angry expression apparent on his face. Chanyeol blinked. In the speed of light, that boy turn around and vanished from his sight.

 

 

Kyungsoo ran as fast as he could, descending the stairs like a cheetah and ran out of his house like being chased by ghost of something. He only stop running when he was few centimeters away from crashing the other boy, who is obviously taller than him. He was panting heavily, but crouched down on his knees immediately and hugged the little poor pup tightly to his chest, before looking up and shot a sharp glare towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol gasped. Such pretty eyes… he thought.

A small fist landed on his head, snapping his off thoughts, “What are you doing? You’re about to hurt it just now!” He cried, caressing the puppy inside his arms softly.

Even after putting his leg back on the ground, he still lost his words. Does not know what to say. That boy standing before him is just too… beautiful. His pale skin is glowing under the dim moonlight, letting out its own radiance that Chanyeol had never seen coming from anyone before. The boy is really pretty.

“People like you are really heartless! What had this little guy do to deserve this!” He screamed again.

Okay, that’s enough. Right after Kyungsoo said those words, Chanyeol frowned. “Hey, what is this? It’s not my fault, okay? I was just surprised!” He fought back.

Kyungsoo snorted, “What, you think I’m going to believe that? No! I saw how you were about to kick it just now!”

“What is wrong with you? Jeez! I swear you’re just as annoying as him.” Chanyeol clicked his tongue, putting his hand back into his pocket and was about to walk away when a hand grabbed his wrist.

Kyungsoo asked in high tone, “Annoying as who?” He asked, small pout formed on his lips.

Oh such an inviting sign. Those pouty lips was like calling Chanyeol to place a kiss or two on it. Chanyeol throw his look to somewhere else. His heart suddenly raced in a fast speed and his face flushed deep shade of red. ‘What are you thinking, Chanyeol?! He’ just a kid and you’re not a pedo for God’s sake!’ He scolded himself.

“Forget it.” Chanyeol lets out a small sigh. He look at the boy, aware of their heights differences and can’t help but thinking that this little boy is so endearing and cute. Oh well, Chanyeol is straight as cooked spaghetti anyway. “Why are you so angry anyway? He’s not your dog to begin with.”

“Puppy.” Kyungsoo corrected. His hand stop caressing the puppy and his eyes traveled up to stare at the stranger’s face. Wow… this guy is so handsome. He silently thought. “Yeah, it’s not mine. But I just cannot stand seeing helpless poor creatures being abused by human. I mean, they’re God’s creation too. What makes their lives value less than us? They should be protected, not kicked away.” His voice slowly become lower and lower. Sadness between his tone was obvious.

And Chanyeol just can’t help but admiring the boy more and more. Guilt started to crept into his heart for whatever reason he wasn’t sure of. “I’m sorry. But I swear I didn’t mean to.” He said.

1000 watt full-blown smile graced upon Kyungsoo’s lips and his eyes curved into two tiny crescent. “It’s okay. I’m sorry for yelling at you too.” He chuckled at the end of his word.

Chanyeol shook his head and ruffles Kyungsoo’s hair softly. Kyungsoo then realized that he was cladding inside his purple-pink pajamas. He blushed as the realization struck him. “Oh gosh! I didn’t realize I ran out of my house wearing only pajamas!” He gasped.

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed. He just discovered another adorable thing about the boy before him. Usually guys would looks ridiculous in pink, but this boy surprisingly looks adorable like a squishy little bunny! “It’s okay. You looks cute in it anyway.” Chanyeol teased, liking how the blush that slowly turn spread to the boy’s ears and neck. “I might be a bad person, you know? Kids like you shouldn’t play outside the house in the middle of the night. And have your mom teach you not to talk to strangers?” He said.

Kyungsoo frowned. A kid? That’s what Chanyeol thought of him? Kyungsoo retorted in annoyance, “Kid? Well, excuse you, I’m an adult!” He glared at the taller.

Chuckled laughs, “You sure know how to make jokes!”

Kyungsoo’s frown twitched deeper. Anger slowly creeping inside him as his face turned even more redder. Usually, even if he’s annoyed with people calling him kid, he would just keep quiet and let it pass. But tonight, when this stranger called him kid, it hurts him a lot. Fighting the urge to cry, and slapped Chanyeol’s chest and shove the puppy into Chanyeol’s arm forcefully before shouting again, “I’m not a kid! Please stop it!” He screamed with teary eyes.

Before Chanyeol could even reply, Kyungoo had already ran away, towards his house, slamming the door shut. Few seconds later, the light from Kyungsoo’s room was turned off. That boy must be really angry, Chanyeol assumed. But for what reason, though?

“He’s a kid, right?” Chanyeol scratched his head. Realizing how the puppy curled comfortably inside his arms, Chanyeol raised it up and make an eye-contact with it, “He’s a little boy, right? So what’s wrong with me calling him a kid? He’s such a weirdo, don’t you think?” He said to the puppy, and of course the pup did not answer him.

An adorable little boy.

 

 

*****

 

 

“What the ?! A pup?! Whose pup is this, Chanyeol!” Kris growled angrily when he found a puppy  sleeping peacefully on their couch the next morning.

Chanyeol could just left that puppy there last night, but he just couldn’t. That puppy looks so pitiful and Chanyeol just can’t find a heart to left it alone. It somehow reminds him to the cute boy that he met unexpectedly too. He know that his brother would kill him, but he just couldn’t care less. That puppy reminds him to Kyungsoo. A lot.

Chanyeol sleepily rubbed his eyes, “Why the hell are you barking early in the morning, you big pile of ?” He asked in low and annoyed tone.

Kris narrowed his eyes towards his brother. He really wanted to slap Chanyeol awake right now. “Mind your language, Chanyeol. And whose pup is this?” He asked again, pointing at the puppy.

Chanyeol sat up. His back is still sore due to sleeping on the couch, “I don’t know. It looks pitiful, so I took it in.” He answered.

Kris’ eyes twitched. “What, are you a good boy now? Going around taking random puppies home because they are so pitiful?” He mocked.

Chanyeol snorted, “At least I’m not a heartless bastard like you. Now if you don’t mind, please excuse me. I need to get ready for class.” He pushed Kris.

“And who would take care of this when it woke up?” He questioned.

“Who else?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, “You, of course..” He answered.

“The ?! No! Like hell I will!” Kris grabbed the back of Chanyeol’s collar to stop him.

Chanyeol groaned, “If you really don’t want to, then just dump it or something! Jeez! Stop making fuss over small things!” He slapped Kris’ hand away and walked towards his room.

If it wasn’t for Chanyeol to be as big as him, he would have slap that idiot brother of his already.

 

 

*****

 

 

Kyungsoo’s hand was too busy noting the things they need to know for their next assignment when a  palm landed on his shoulder, making him flinched. He turn to his left side and frown, “You need to stop that, Joonmyunnie.” He pouted.

Joonmyun chuckled, “Aiee~! You’re so cute!” He pinches Kyungsoo’s cheeks mercilessly.

Kyungsoo was trying hard not to scream because for God’s sake, they’re in the middle of lecture! “Stop it, hyung!” He whispered, softly but harshly (what?).

Joonmyun pouted in reply, “Jeez, you’re no fun.” He sighed and straightened himself up.

“Okay class, you may go home now.” Professor Kang said.

Kyungsoo and Joonmyun walked in sync from their faculty, heading towards the bookstore. Somewhere along the way, they happened to pass by a pet store. When his eyes caught the figure of a small white puppy staring at him with large glossy eyes, his mind suddenly flies to the incident from last night. He wonder what happened to that puppy. He sighed. Maybe he shouldn’t have given it to that freaky stranger. What if that guy killed it or something? Kyungsoo can’t help but thinking of anything but good thing that the stranger might done to the poor puppy.

“Earth to, Do Kyungsoo!” Joonmyun shouted into his ears.

Kyungsoo screamed a girly scream, too shocked, “Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter