Red

With You

"Seriously hyung, did you really get some sleep last night?" Baekhyun asked Luhan as they were walking their way to school. But Luhan continued walking blankly beside Baekhyun. 

 

 

"Don't you have at least a can of coffee with you?" Baekhyun asked again and Luhan shrugged. 

 

 


"If only Hyunju was here, I wouldn't stop her from slapping your sanity out of you…" 

 


 

 

 

"Oh god Luhan hyung, speak up! I feel like I'm talking to a zombie right now! Your silence kills me Lu.han.hyung! We need to get you coffee this insta-" Baekhyun was near to getting crazier when a girl brushed pass him. 

 

 


"What the hell's wrong with her?! What's wrong with everybody?" He cursed at the world while he picked up his bag which dropped on the ground. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I said, how may I help you with Luhan's locker?!" Hyunju slammed her locker door closed and turned to face the girl. The girl remained silent as she hugged a can of coffee near her chest while Hyunju was staring at her. She looked like one of the Mean Girls with her wavy radiant red hair growing onto her waist-which Hyunju was sure of that it wasn't her original hair color-and a bunch of oh-so girly bracelets wrapped around her wrists. Hyunju couldn't clearly see the girl's name plate because she wasn't facing her. 

 

 

 

"Ah-umm," she nervously uttered "this isn't Kwangsoo oppa's locker?" the girl answered as she looked back at Hyunju with a confused look on her face. 

 


"Obviously not." Hyunju was surprised to see Baekhyun -who placed a hand on top of the shoulder of the red head girl-early in the morning, knowing that he wakes up ten minutes before the school bell rings. The girl quickly turned around and saw Baekhyun with an annoyed face. 

 

"You again?" Baekhyun was shocked to hear Luhan's first words today. The girl looked completely shocked as her eyes widened. 

 

"You know each other?" Baekhyun asked but the girl quickly bowed to the three and stormed away. 

 


"It's not that. She bumped into me one school day, when Kris talked to me." Luhan replied with a groggy voice while massaging his forehead, for he was having a headache. 

 


"Kris talked to you?" Hyunju questioned Luhan. 

 

"Hey, I think it's time to go now. Let's go." Baekhyun said upon dragging Luhan by his arm and went to their classes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Ms. Im was explaining a topic about poetry that Hyunju did not listen to. Her thoughts were too occupied by the events that had happened earlier. Really, what was that girl doing there? Her face seemed telling the truth, but her voice told otherwise. Hyunju sighed as she placed her chin onto her right hand and looked out the window. Why am I so bothered anyway? 

 

 

 

"So Ms. Park, would you please explain to the class each of the elements of a poem?" Hyunju felt her heart beating really hard. Faster than the usual. She was unsure if it happened before, when she thought of things, or after the teacher called her. Actually, there were three Ms. Parks in the room-Park Misun, Park Eunsa, and her-so she did not know which of them, Ms. Im was referring to. 

 

 

"Yes you, the one who does taekwondo, stand." the teacher said facing the board. Hyunju was quite known with her taekwondo skills and the only girl in the team. So she immediately stood up and waited for the teacher to turn to her-just to kill time, because she wasn't sure of the answer. 

 


"Were you with us, Ms. Park?" she said with folded arms and Hyunju nervously nodded. 

 


"Then please answer the ques-" 

 

 


TTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!


The school bell rang which signalled break time. The students grabbed their bags and rushed out of the room. Hyunju cannot be more thankful for the bell. Phew

 


"I'll get back to you Ms. Park." Ms. Im said as she was about to leave the room and Hyunju nodded again. 

 

 

 

 


She was almost going into the cafeteria when her phone rang. 

 

 

"Baek?" 

 

"Hyunju, we're at the soccer field. I bought packed lunch, make it fast!" 

 

 

Baekhyun was shouting. He seemed really excited. Before Hyunju could agree on the phone, Baekhyun hanged up. Of course she wouldn't want to eat lunch alone, so she ran to the field. 

 

 


"HYUNJU!" Hyunju saw Baekhyun waving with both arms from a distance like he was wanting to be saved from drowning; on a soccer field. It was surprising that she felt relieved and happy upon seeing Baekhyun and Luhan. 

 

 

"So, what are you up to?" Hyunju asked Baekhyun when she got to the shady part of the field, where Baekhyun and Luhan were.

 


"Nothing. My mom made me bring these. She told me I wasn't being a good friend and wanted me to bring these for both of you." 

 

 

"Aww, that's really sweet. How did she knew that you were not being a good friend?" Luhan teased with a mouthful of Japchae and earned a death glare from Baekhyun. 

 


"Why here? I bet the soccer team are practicing." Hyunju asked while reaching for some Kimbap. 

 


"Just because. I asked permission to Minseok hyung, and he asked their captain and he said yes. And plus, I wanted to go and get some fresh air. The cafeteria is suffocating." he replied before swallowing a rice cake.

 


"What if the ball hits us?" 

 


"Then Luhan hyung will kick it back." 

 


Luhan choked. "Why me?" he said while striking his chest. 

 


"You can do soccer. You scored a goal back in fourth grade." 

 


"That was before. I don't do soccer anymore." 

 

"Of course you do." Baekhyun stood up and shouted. "Minseok hyung! Can you pass us the ball?!" Minseok nodded and kicked the ball towards them. Hyunju was busy eating, so she did not see the ball coming. Hopefully, Luhan stood up quickly and nudged the ball with his knee and caught it.  

 

 

 

 

                                                                               

 

 

Minseok quickly shouted 'sorry!' and went to where the three were. 

 


"Hey Luhan! Nice catch!" Minseok threw a high-five and so did Luhan. 

 

 

"Gee thanks. Yah, Minseok hyung, you could've killed a person."

 


"What's with the exaggeration hyung? Thanks to YOU the ball did not even touch HYUNJU." Baekhyun teased which made Luhan blush.

 


"I wasn't hurt though, so there's no need to apologize." Hyunju said with a smile to assure that she was alright. Minseok smiled back at Hyunju and then scowled at Luhan.

 

"Wanna play?" Minseok asked as he stole the ball in between Luhan's feet and ran to the goal. Luhan tagged along and was able to retrieve the ball from his hyung. 


"Yah, Luhan!" Minseok shouted as he chased Luhan with the ball while the boy was chuckling. "You still play like before hyung!" he laughed. 

 

However, Minseok got the ball and brought it to his goal but Luhan dodged the ball and ran back to his goal. Everyone were amazed as Luhan scored. Despite of the fact that Minseok lost, he pulled Luhan into a tight hug saying, "I missed playing with you Luhan!" 

 

Upon parting, Luhan felt a hand on his shoulder. 

 

"Hey there, you did great!" A tall guy shaked hands with Luhan, congratulating him. 

 

"No, I really need to learn more-" 

 


"Actually, we still need a player in the team, so… if you wouldn't mind?" 

 


"Yah, I suppose formal introductions are necessary before recruiting anyone to the team?" Minseok pretended to be angry as he scolded his dongsaeng

 


"Sorry, my bad." The tall guy cleared his throat and held out a hand. "I am Choi Minho, the school's soccer team captain." he bowed. 

 

 


"My name is Luhan." he said and he was about to bow, but was stopped by Minseok saying, "No need to, he's our hoobae."

 

 


"If you're interested, give us a call." Minho said as he handed Luhan a calling card. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Classes are over and Luhan, Baekhyun, and Hyunju walked to their lockers as usual. They were almost heading out when a voice called out Hyunju's name. The three of them turned around and saw Kris waving. 

 

"Oh great. The Chinese man is back." Baekhyun said. 

 


"You mean Luhan?" 

 


"No , I was talking about Kris." Baekhyun said with a sarcastic smile he was sending at Kris. 

 


"Since when did you came back?" Baekhyun asked. 

 


"Thirty minutes ago."

 


"Aren't you tired? Why go to school at this hour?" 

 


"Well my father asked me to bring these to Mr.Kang, the taekwondo instructor. So I was wondering if…Hyunju?" Kris asked pointing at the box he was holding. 

 


"Oh right. Sure." she replied. "Baek, make sure you drop Luhan by his house. I'll head home a little later. Bye." Hyunju said and then vanished with Kris. 

 

Baekhyun sighed. "Looks like Kris got some time alone with Hyunju again. We should work on yours."

 

"I think you need too." Luhan said with a grin as he tilted his head up. 

 


"Hey Baek." a low voice startled Baekhyun. He turned red and looked down instead, giving Chanyeol a quick 'hey'. 

 


"Uh- well- if you." Chanyeol was stuttering and couldn't form coherent sentences. He cleared his throat and tried again. "I heard you liked movies. And I had an extra ticket so- if you're free today…" 

 

 

"Don't make this more difficult for Chanyeol, Baek. Go." Luhan said as he pushed Baekhyun forward that he was just inches away from Chanyeol. 

 


"Bu-b-but--" 

 


"I can go home by myself. Don't worry, I won't let Hyunju know about this." 

 

 

 

 

 


Luhan walked home with his head down. He felt lonely as he walked alone. He wasn't really paying attention to the road when he bumped into a huge guy who dropped his cigarette at the sudden collision.

 

 

"Hey dude, what's your problem?" Luhan's eyes widened as he saw a huge kid in a school uniform. He was with his two friends smoking cigarettes by the alley. 

 

 

"Sorry, I wasn't looking. Sorry. I'm really sorry." Luhan bowed thrice (it made him feel bad swallowing his pride by bowing thrice to a kid younger than him)and walked pass the 'gang'. 

 

 

 


"Where are you going kid?" Luhan was stopped when a huge hand grabbed his collar at the back. Kid? You're calling me a kid?

 


"Sorry but I really need to go now." Luhan said politely. There's no way he can survive these huge kids. 

 

 

"Why? you scared at your mummy?" The fat kid said and they all laughed. 

 

 

"You dare mess with my cigarette, dillweed?" the enormous kid grabbed Luhan by his collar, facing him this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     

 

 

"I thought I said sorry. More than thrice." Luhan muttered as he took the kid's hand off of his collar. 

 

 


"So now you're making me dumb?" the kid said and threw a punch straight at Luhan's face, breaking his glasses. He stumbled to the ground and quickly stood up, wiping the blood running down his nose. 

 


"Your mom did not teach you good manners to the elderly? Did she?" Luhan said angrily and threw punches to the boy's jaw. This made two of the fat guy's friend kick him until he fell down. 

 

The two other guys held Luhan up and brought him near the largest kid who wiped his blood-stained face.

 


"Curse you motherer." The kid said as he aimed for Luhan's face. 

 

 

 


Luhan was ready to get comatose-d when a black CRV stopped infront of them. A familiar girl hopped down the car and got ready for a fight. 

 

 

 

"Curse which motherer, you motherer?" she said while crushing a fist to her other hand. 

 

 


"Such a cute little redhead chic." The kid stormed to the girl but she quickly defended herself and kicked the boy in his nuts which sent him to the ground. The other two dropped Luhan and walked towards the girl. 

 


The girl managed to kick the other one, but the other one grabbed her with her hair. 

 


"Call the police Mr. Kim!" she shouted at her driver. Luhan still got up and tried to beat up the guy. Both Luhan and the girl turned the three huge guys down. However, Luhan slowly lost his consciousness and fell down. 

 

 


"Oppa! Oppa! Wake up!" The girl shook Luhan but nothing happened. 

 

 

 

 

 


"Let's bring him to the hospital!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 I wanted to clear that this isn't a xiuhan fic.

ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ~

I was so glad when I found gifs that fit some scenes in

this chapter. yehet~! 

Credits to all the owners of the gifs. ♥

 

 

Thank you all! ∞

 

 

questions? comments? suggestions? don't hesitate to comment below!