Final

Walk with me

It’s a quiet night at the dorms today.

 

Sehun and Joonmyun decided to take a stroll out, along with Jongin’s puppies, for a quick evening walk. Joonmyun had first opposed the idea of bringing along three dogs on what-he-called was a date with Sehun. It was the only night in their busy schedule, where they could have some time to themselves, and Joonmyun was not willing to waste this precious time picking up dog . Especially when all he really wants to do is hold Sehun’s hand in his own and maybe walk across the city’s night life. Or perhaps, he wants to escape someplace away from the screaming fans; wary managers, and myriads of flashing cameras.

 

His life is constantly blinded by this spotlight, and Joonmyun begins to regret the six years it took for him to get there.

 

Except, he doesn’t really.

 

Not when, along the way, he had met eleven boys who change his life forever. Unlike the rest of the world, instead of idols, Joonmyun sees friends. He sees those he’s willing to die for.

 

Instead of Sehun - the famously known ‘stone-faced maknae of EXO’ – Joonmyun sees a small, insecure boy who is actually afraid of a lot of things.

 

Often, at night in their dorm room, Sehun would crawl over to Joonmyun and tuck himself into the covers beside the elder.

 

Joonmyun would never ask why. Because he’s afraid as well.

 

He would never admit it but, the training, the crowds, the fame; has stopped him from feeling. He likes that with Sehun, there is someone reminding him to feel. Whether it’s happiness, sadness, anger, pain, suffering, exhaustion – Joonmyun realises, it’s Sehun that brings the emotion out of him.

 

It’s the reason why he pulls Sehun closer to him, and lets the youngest rest his head on his chest most of the nights.

 

It’s the reason why Joonmyun will do anything for Sehun.

 

It’s the reason he’s out in the freezing cold, at 10pm, walking somebody else’s dogs.  

 

Sehun readily holds onto the two dog leashes in his hand – handing one to Joonmyun as he pushes the revolving door and steps outside. Joonmyun merely smiles before grabbing onto the leash. He shoves his other hand into his pocket, when the cold from outside hits when he steps out.  

 

He steps onto the pathway, the white snow staining his black shoes, and Joonmyun looks to see Sehun’s back, as the latter walks forward. Joonmyun can’t help but admire the way the snowflakes fall gracefully against Sehun’s navy coat. He looks up to see the last of the snow falling.

 

Sehun spins on his heels, and turns around to face Joonmyun. He throws Joonmyun a cheeky smile, the tops of his cheeks speckled with pink – matching his thin lips. Tufts of his (recently dyed) blonde hair come out from the sides and the front of his hat, and Joonmyun has to resist himself. He reminds himself that kissing is not protocol – hell, nothing is protocol amongst members. He has to push the thoughts of loving Sehun away because it’s not allowed.

 

There’s too much at stake.

 

But Joonmyun begins to doubt that as his lips inch closer towards Sehun’s.  

 

The younger freezes when he sees Joonmyun edging toward him. Joonmyun’s eyes are dead set on his, but there is this softness. It’s like Joonmyun is staring into his soul, with this look of both warmth and reassurance. Sehun closes his eyes as he feels Joonmyun’s breath hover against him, and any sense of fear flies away.   

 

Joonmyun’s free hand comes up to hold Sehun’s jaw, and Sehun tightens the dog lead in his hand. The skin contact only heightens the reality of what they’re doing, and Sehun can’t help but feel a nervous fluttering in the pit of his stomach. Joonmyun’s hand is blazing on his skin, but he doesn’t mind it. He likes the way Joonmyun angles his head slightly, the softness in his actions reminds him of the nights he would spend clutching on the elders side.

 

At that moment, fear was just a four letter word.

 

And Sehun found himself falling in love.

 

But the moment tears away just as fast as it was made when Sehun hears the puppies let out a few yelps and barks. He jumps from the sound, and his nose bumps against Joonmyun. A blush flushes against his cheeks, and he can’t find himself to even look up at the elder – who merely chuckles in return.

 

Sehun looks down at the puppy, the snow beneath him – anything, but Joonmyun. He fiddles with the dog leash in his hand as an attempt to distract him from the embarrassment. Joonmyun notices, and lifts Sehun’s chin so that his eyes met Joonmyun’s. Sehun blinks, once for confusion – Joonmyun leans in, he blinks twice for realisation – Joonmyun’s lips meet his. He closes his eyes as Joonmyun kisses him slowly; pliant lips grazing lightly over his.

 

Joonmyun could do this forever – wants to do this forever, but Sehun pulls away and Joonmyun’s eyes shoot open.

 

Was Sehun rejecting him?

 

He pushes the thought away because of how much it would hurt.

 

But before he can say a word, he hears Sehun squealing with laughter as his puppy pulls the younger towards the end of the street. Joonmyun’s puppy – Jongin’s beloved Meonggu- chases after Sehun, and Joonmyun runs along too, with his red lips stretching into a smile.  

 

As they reach Sehun, Meonggu jumps up towards the other puppy, yelping playfully. Joonmyun almost topples over from exhaustion as he folds over, huffing for breath, but he looks up to see Sehun smiling gleefully at the puppies. He thinks he could watch forever. Joonmyun straightens his back, and Sehun looks at him.

 

It’s the creases around Sehun’s eyes as he smiles, and the way his cheeks brighten under the lamppost, that makes Joonmyun lose his breath for the second time that night.

 

The chilly, winter’s night is warmer somehow.

 

When he looks at Sehun, he falls - like a snowflake, and it melts into something like love. 



late night seho to substitute for my lonliness