Growing: New Life

The Art Of Being A Flower

Growing: New Life

Kyungsoo is confused. No, he's dumbfounded. The man was like preventing himself to tell his name. Why is that? But he's eternally grateful, although he has no clue on what's his name, his presence is something to Kyungsoo. Like magical. He's
definitely something.

Kyungsoo must meet him again.

He grips onto the side of the bed, the cold surface tingles him. He sits up. He looks again at his surroundings and scans
the whole room.

How could I remember the rooms of people? They're fascinating.

White walls, brown like boxes and it's sealed. He opens one and cringes at the smell. It smells like wood but it's not
natural, like it's coated with something. And it is, he touches the surface, it's smooth and it glistens at the light of
the sun.

The sun.

He looked at the light and where it's coming from. It is from the sun.

Wow. So humans have a sun, as well? I wonder if they have the Great-- No, Kyungsoo. Your world is different from the human world. And your world has turned to ashes. 

His eyes begins to water at the memory of his world being devoured by the enourmous fire. 

The fire left nothing. Not even a flower. He thought of his once beautiful village, the villagers, the castle, the houses of kind citizens. The orphanage. The ones who took care of him when he was a baby. 

What did they do to experience the Great Fire? And it's all because of me.

He went to the window the rays were coming from and the sun shone on him but he didn't care. It feels good on his porcelain skin. He closed his eyes, like he was enjoying.

Buildings that he didn't thought that it would be that big. Like the palace was big but the buildings in the human world is like 5 times bigger than the palace itself. Moving things with wheels that he does not know what they're called, others are stayed in one position. Humans. Fascinating humans. They're humans of all sizes. Young, old. They're dressed with expensive suits, others wore ordinary clothes. 

It's different from our world. Citizens in my world wear longsleeves, red, brown or green, and they have hats. They're called dwarves and elves.

Humans are fascinating but their are something off to them, it's like there's something wrong to them. Kyungsoo thought. And he saw a man with a cap that's hiding half of his face, ran to an old lady, took her bag. The old lady was screaming for help but no one payed attention and just ignored her. Kyungsoo was shocked, how could humans be heartless to not help someone? They're just talking to their phones. What is wrong with them?

He hears the door opens and he jumps to the bed, forgetting that it's hard, twisting his hand and he screams and hissing at the pain.

"Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol's big voice echoes in the room. Tripping on his way to the pained Kyungsoo, he holds his hand accidentally pulls and Kyungsoo screamed, eyes watering. The tall boy stands up, bowing and apologizing again and again, saying that he didn't mean it and he just wants to check.

Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol and slowly giving his injured hand to him. Chanyeol makes this confusing look and asks if he should apologize again and was about to bow when Kyungsoo tells him that he's giving his hand because the boy wants to see it.

Chanyeol blushes but examines Kyungsoo's hand. His face turning to a serious one and Kyungsoo chuckles. 

"What's wrong? Does it hurt?"

Kyungsoo shooks his head. "No, you just look cute because you're serious about looking at my hand."

Chanyeol grins and kissed his injured hand. "Did it work?"

This time, Kyungsoo is the one to blush yet doesn't take his hand away. He nods and smiles and hugs Chanyeol.

The tall boy's heart pounding faster that it's supposed to be in his rib cage. His breathing is sharp and he thinks if this is a dream. Chanyeol carefully places his hands on his waist, not burning him. "I didn't have the chance to thank you for saving me twice."

Even if Chanyeol doesn't see him, he smiles. "Of course I would save you, you're special to me, Kyungsoo."

The doe eyed boy lets go of Chanyeol and faces him, and closes the inches between them.

It's just a smack but it makes Chanyeol widen his eyes and his mouth ajar. His second kiss, with Kyungsoo.

"Thank you, Chanyeol-ah." Kyungsoo smiles, showing his heart shaped smile, Chanyeol falls in love with him again.

**

It's a fair day in Pandora, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol's playing tag with each other, the game the children had played when they bullied Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo asks Chanyeol if he wants to play the game so Chanyeol agrees buecause who can resist Kyungsoo? Chanyeol can certainly not.

Kyungsoo trips for the 3rd time and he thinks that no wonder those children didn't want to play with him, he at tags. He looks at his knee, he has bruises all over and even if Chanyeol says for the 3rd time too that they stop playing, Kyungsoo doesn't listen. He wants to experience being a normal boy, not always in his house and a boy who plays with other children.

"I-I give up, I will never be good at this game." He starts to cry and Chanyeol runs to his side. The tall boy doesn't know what to do, so he kneels and kisses Kyungsoo's knee. And it works, Kyungsoo stopped crying.

"W-why did you kiss my knee?" He asks while wiping the tears off his cheeks.

"My mom said that that if you kiss an injured area of a person, the pain will go away." Chanyeol smiles and scratches the back of his neck due to embarassment.

Suddenly Kyungsoo tip toes and wrapped his arms around the tall boy's neck and kisses him. "Thank you." Kyungsoo smiles and Chanyeol's heart's beating so fast that he can't understand what's his feeling. He thinks that he's falling for the boy's smile.

It's his first kiss, with Kyungsoo.

'I think I need to see a doctor.'

**

"Where are we going, hyung?" Kyungsoo asked while in Chanyeol's car. He's amazed that he is in a moving thing he was talking about. A strap around his body, it's for protection, Chanyeol said. He clicks a button and music played, he was shocked at first but danced at the beat. Chanyeol smiled.

"You got moves, Kyungsoo-ah."

His hands on the airconditioned and he giggled. "What's thing called, hyung?"

"It's aircondition. It's everywhere. From houses, buildings. It can save you from the heat."

"So if we built these airconditions in Pandora, the Great Fire would not happen?" 

The mention about The Great Fire made Chanyeol remember that it was his father and his army that made the great fire and he feels pity on the boy and anger because i

"Maybe, Kyungsoo."

Awkward silence.

"Kyungsoo. I'm sorry that the Pandora was burnt."

Kyungsoo smiled, but it was a sad one. "It's okay, hyung. It's not like you burned it."

Chanyeol bit the bottom of his lip, not saying a word. 

"Hey, hyung? I asked you a question but you didn't answer. Where are we going? And where did you get these clothes? It's the same size!" Kyungsoo asked another question, avoiding the Pandora topic and pretended to be cheerful again.

"It's from my friend, he's a human."

"Oh, so you have human friends? I want to meet them!" Kyungsoo exclaimed in exciteness. The idea of meeting other humans delighted him.

"Soon, Kyungsoo." Chanyeol smiled.

5 minutes passed and the car stopped, Kyungsoo looked to his right and he saw a big house. They got off the car and his mouth forming a 'o'.

"Wow." Kyungsoo paused and looked to his hyung. "Whose house is that?"

"Ours."

 'Your new life begins Kyungsoo...'

**

Are his eyes playing tricks on him? He just saw a flying figure going to the hospital. You can't tell what it is because it just looks like a white cloud like. He decided to go to the hospital.

He shooked his head. 'First, I took a flower from the street even if I'm allergic to pollen, second the flower was gone and a man appears on to his bed, saying that he was a sprite, made him close his eyes and the next thing you know it, his room filled with vines and his sheet gone. And now I'm going to the hospital because I just saw a weird thing? God. What's happening to me. This is a weird day for me.'

At the entrance, he saw a man carrying a petite boy...covered in a sheet?

'It's my blanket! And it's that boy! What are they doing here?'

They went in and Jongin followed them discreetly. The man being carried was placed in a stretcher and went off. He sighed and went to sit, maybe a visit to the hospital's not bad. He waited for minutes that only God knows how long and the man came back, asking for a room. Jongin-- hiding his face with a newspaper, listened to them and after the man went, he asked the nurse what's their room, his voice being desperated so he changed it to a boring voice, like he's not interested. The nurse told him the room and floor and Jongin went to the elevator but it's full and the man was on so he took the stairs. Panting, he went to the room but cursed when the man was already there so he hid, listening and peeking to their conversation.

"W-who are you?" It was the petite boy and when the man didn't answered, the boy asked again.

"A-are you the one who s-saved me? T-that's very kind of you-- Wait! Where are you going?!"

"Home," The man spoke.

"A-are you not gonna tell me your name?" 

"Introductions are not my style,"

And the man was out of the room. He asked himself if he's gonna go to the room.

'I'm just curious, that's all.'

'But do you care for him?'

'No. Me? Kim Jongin will care for someone like him?'

He decided not to go to the room and went home instead.

'The blanket's gonna wait...'

 

**

 

OH MY GOD. STOP ME BECAUSE I'M SLEEPY AND I JUST FINISHED THIS CHAPTER XD SURPRISE!!! Sorry if the update's short, it's just the freaking writer's block and I'm damn sleepy. XD if you're wondering if where is the part of the foreword, it's when Jongin met Kyungsoo and the second part is when the 'man' saved him. I completely forgot to put it in XD

WOAH, THIS IS A TREAT FOR THE CHANSOO SHIPPERS OUT THERE XD I KNOW YOU'RE DYING FOR ANOTHER KAISOO MEET UP BUT SOON HIHIHI

ANOTHER SORRY IF THERE ARE TYPOS, GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE. 

AND THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU ALL <3