CHAPTER 21: KEY

Troubled Heart

Key looked at you and examined your ankle. It was majorly twisted. He touched it.

“YA!” you slapped his head as you felt the pain.

“Aish!” Key looked up at you, “I was just looking at it!”

“You don’t have to.” You pouted.

“I need to.” He gave you a look and gently held your ankle. You winced in pain as he looked closely at it.

“You need more than ice for this to heal fast.” Key gently put your foot down.

Then everybody came bursting through the door.

“Good job guys that was awesome.” Joon said as he unbuckled his belt.

The rest of B2ST immediately went to you.

“What happened?” Du Jun asked.

“Are you okay?” Gi Kwang looked at you.

Key was still there, he stood up, “The big boss twisted her ankle badly.”

“Yup.” Yo Seob came with an ice pack, “here.”

“Thanks.” You took it the ice and placed it on your ankle.

“Say ah little baby.” Dong Woon cooed.
You opened your mouth and he popped in a lollipop.

“Yum.” You said as you took it out, “cherry.”

B2ST smiled at you. Key walked away.

Sulli and Victoria were watching you from a far.

“Why are those boys all so caring to her?” Sulli hissed.

“Because she’s totally cool.” Amber said.
“And not like those girls who follow them and call them oppa.” Luna added.

“Tss whatever.” Victoria rolled her eyes and looked away.

 

You were on your bed but you couldn’t sleep. You limped out of your bed and reached for a hoodie. You carefully walked out of your room and peaked in Hyun Seung’s room, he was fast asleep, and so were the others. You smiled and silently went out the house. You were walking down the stairs when you herd a door close. You looked back and saw someone coming down from the Shinee’s beach house.

‘Key?’ You watched him head for the beach. He looked troubled.

You followed him to the beach as quiet as you can. The wind blew your hair and woke you up more. You watched Key sit on the sand and look at the stars. You shook your head and silently walked up to him.

“Why are you out?” Key asked without looking at you.

“I couldn’t sleep.” You sat beside him.

He looked at you, “I thought you were someone else.” He looked at your eyes and quickly looked away.

You arched a brow and looked up at the sky.

“Whatcha thinking about?” You asked.

“A lot of things.” Key said without looking at you. ‘Mostly you, Ha Neul-ah.’

“Like what?” you asked again.

“People.” Key stated.

There was a moment of silence, “Thank you Key.” You said.

He looked at you, “For what?”

You looked at him and smiled your beautiful smile, “For saving me back there and staying here with me.”

Key softened, “You’re welcome.”

You smiled and looked at the moon. Key couldn’t look away from you as the Moon’s light bounced on your soft cheeks, giving you a beautiful glow.

Key smiled and shook his head, “I don’t like you Ha Neul-ah.”

You looked at him, “Why?”

He smirked, “You distract me a lot.” He looked at you, “Since our first meeting. You startled me when you gave me that look and started acting strong and threatening.”

You smirked.

“You remind me of my sister,” Key’s eyes showed sadness, “strong, brave and feared by many. But in the inside, she’s as soft as a marshmallow and very caring.”

You started to frown, “You speak as if she’s gone.”

Key closed his eyes and looked away. You wanted to cheer him up but you just didn’t know how.

“It’s okay Key,” You touched his hand, “you’re not the only one who lost a very loved sibling.”

He looked at you, “Why?”

“I lost my brother in a mission on his birthday,” You started to get teary, you took off your necklace and showed him the picture of Eli, “Kyung Jae oppa was always there for me. More like protecting me 24/7. He was the best brother I could’ve asked for but what did I do? I didn’t give him his wish before he died.”

“What was it?” Key looked up from Eli’s picture.

“To call him Kyung Jae oppa.” Tears started to flow.

“Hey don’t cry,” Key softened, “please.” He wiped the tears from your eyes.

“I called him Eli at work and at home. But he calls me Anz only at work, he calls my real name at home.” You silently sobbed and let the tears fall, “he died on his birthday.”

Key didn’t know what to do so he just pulled you into a hug, “I lost my sis in a fight against U-KISS, it was also her birthday.”

Your tears stopped and you pulled away from Key, “You’re so cold and tough with others, I didn’t expect to see a softer side from you.”

Key smiled, “I’m only like this to you and my brothers. So don’t tell anyone or else my image is ruined.”

You smiled, “Sure, sure. Thanks Key.”

He smiled, “Let’s go back, it’s already 2 in the morning.”

Key helped you up and led you to your house.

“Goodnight Ha Neul-ah.” He said as he walked down the stairs of your beach house.

“Goodnight,” You watched him enter his house, “Key.”

The next days you and Key became closer. He was always with you and B2ST acting like another protective brother to you.