Act 2

Second Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years later…

 

“Oh My Gosh Y/N did you see the news? Exo’s Kai is dating F(x)’s Krystal! Daebak! I always knew they were a thing! ” Your co-worker exclaimed starring at the article on her phone, pleased with her intuitive skills.

 

The two of you sat in the Caffé Bene across from your workplace. Starring out of the window you let out a sigh. Once upon a time that had been your name in the headline. Once upon a time…you had been the one dating Kai. Amazing how quickly things can be forgotten. After Kai’s conformation during the fan meet that he was definitely single and still on the hunt for love, everyone forgot all about you… the tabloids (which was a good thing), his fans and even Kai himself. He didn’t contact you again after that day; you realized quickly that he had meant every word he said during your last moments with him.

 

The first six months without him were hard. You had always been Jongin’s girlfriend, now without him by your side it was like you didn’t know the face in mirror looing back at you. You needed to find yourself again.

You spent the next year and a half soul searching, finding and reinventing yourself. You grew out your hair, dyed it brown with a blue ombre. You discovered the coveted art of makeup and became a pro (so much so that it has now become your career).  You lost a little weight and dressed yourself like you owned the world. You became a version of yourself that demanded respect.

 

Along the way you also found friends in people you never would have thought you could or would be close with, Exo-M’s Kris and Chen were prime examples of that. After the whole ordeal they reached out to you, and you found great comfort in their friendship.

 

“Y/N? Y/N are you listening?” Your co-worker waved her hand in front of your face, snapping you back into reality.

“Huh?!?! Oh…um yah. You were talking about Kai and Krystal dating.”

“That was so five minutes ago, but anyways, I was saying, wasn’t there another news thing like this regarding Kai? It was before I became a fan so I don’t really know, but I remember there was news about him dating a non-idol? Its rumored among the fans that he dumped her for Krystal, cause apparently he’s liked her since 2013.”

 

You’d heard all of these rumors before and you wished you could say that they didn’t affect you, but with so many unanswered questions every rumor, no matter how crazy, could be the answer as to why Kai really broke up with you. Truthfull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter