Strategy

Love is Like "Cherry Blossom"

 

_Strategy_

 

 

“So you’re my Sunbae*, then..." I was quiet for a moment, taking in the information that Luhan just told me. I looked at the polished tile floor of the entryway by my front door, before my eyes scaled the living room, lost in thought. Then something in the back of my mind began to pull itself forward, and I looked at him. "I wanna ask you something; can I?”

 

Luhan smiled. “Anytime. What do you want to know from me?”

 

“Uh... Oppa, do you know someone named... Oh Sehun?” I asked. Suddenly, Luhan perked up.

 

“Ne, I do. He’s really 'famous', so everybody definitely knows him. Why? Do you have a problem with him?” he inquired. I hummed, and Luhan's eyes widened in response.

 

“Did he do something bad to you? He didn't hurt you, did he??”

 

I shook my head and waved my hands in response. “Aniyo, I don’t mean that! I just... I want to help my friend.”

 

Luhan sighed in relief, running a hand through his hair. “Ah~ such a relief. Who is it?”

 

I looked around for a moment, before I took his hand and led him to the sofa in our living room. We sat down, and I took note of how he automatically scooted closer to me, but not so much that I wouldn't feel uncomfortable or smothered. I smiled a bit, before our eyes met.

 

 

"My friend, Chaerin," I replied finally. Luhan nodded.

 

"I understand, so... you want me to help you?" he asked, turning to me in his seat. His knees bumped mine gently, and I blushed a bit before nodding.

 

“Ne.. She’s like a sister to me, so I want her to be happy." I answer his question and smile a bit.

 

Luhan frowned and bit his lip. He hummed. “I don’t know him so well, but he’s kind of a cold one... Do you really wanna do that? I’m afraid he’ll hurt you or your friend.” At this, I was a bit surprised and I looked at him incredulously, before slowly nodding my head. I didn't know him, and according to Luhan, he didn't either.

 

“Gwaenchanhayo.** So... Would you help me?”

 

“Well... Isn’t it my job to always make you smile?” Luhan reached out and caressed my cheek gently. Feeling his soft fingers on my skin, my smile grew even bigger and I saw him smile as well. His smile seemed to be made by the angels themselves. It was breathtaking. Before I could get lost in it, I changed the topic.

 

“So, oppa... Do you know what we should do to get his attention?"

 

I swore I saw a bit of disappointment flicker in his eyes, but it vanished before I could get a second glance. He thought about it for a moment, his eyes scaling the room. It became quieter, until I could hear Baekhyun still in the kitchen with umma. All I heard were the sounds of cutlery and munching sounds. I tried not to giggle; Baekhyun always was a bottomless pit.

 

Luhan seemed to hear it too, as he smiled. He scanned the room one more time, before he looked at me.

 

“Don’t make it so hard," he assured. "Just let it flow, Hana.., As time goes by, he’ll start to like her.”

 

“You think so?" I asked, before seeing his curt nod, and I smiled. "Okay then, I trust you oppa.”

 

“When we should start our mission?” I see him grin.

 

“The faster, the better! We should start tomorrow!" I say it passionately and he starts to chuckle.

 

“Ah~ Hana, Hana... You’re always so cheerful and caring, as always," he laughed. "You truly haven't changed at all." He starts to pinch my cheek and I pouted, before the both of us began to laugh.

 

Suddenly my mother came back into the room with Baek, who had a big smile written on his face.

 

“Omoo," he sighed happily. "I’m so full, Luhan hyung. Oh! This is yours," He held out a plate to Luhan, which had a piece of cake on it. Luhan took it.

“Gomawo." He dug into it and took a bite, before gasping.

 

“Woaahh~ Imo... You’re always great with cooking; this is really tasty!”

“Jinjja? Kamsahamnida, adeul!***" My mom answered with a kind smile.

 

Baek looked at his watch, before gasping. “Aish.. Jinjja, it’s 3 P.M. already?" He groaned frantically, before turning to my mother. "Jesonghamnida, we should get going, now.”

 

My mother looked upset. "But you only just got here!"

 

"I know," Baek whined sympathetically. "But we have an appointment with our friends. It's s study group, and the stuff we're working on is due tomorrow. Sorry, imo.” Luhan shrugged, before we nodded and they headed to the door.

 

After they put their shoes on, Luhan turned to me. He looked me over for a few moments, before saying “Take good care of yourself, Hana."

 

"I will," I responded. He smiled in return.

 

"See you tomorrow," he finished. I nodded.

 

“Okay, you too, oppa. Do your best on your homework! I’ll meet you after school tommorow.”

 

“Ne! Imo, Hana, make sure to get a good night's sleep; I don't want you two getting sick."

 

"Arasseo," my mother replied. "Take care!" When they left, she turned to me. "Luhan's such a nice boy, isn't he?"

 

I watched them through the window, as the setting sun illuminated their figures and shone over them. I watched their backs, watched them get smaller and smaller. I saw them both, but my gaze was particularly on Luhan.

 

"Yeah," I finally responded, feeling a swelling in my chest.

 

&&&

 

“Okay, so you ready for this?" I grinned at Chaerin, my eyes wide.

 

“Yah! Don’t make me get so curious. I know you're just trying to get me to beg for it!" Chaerin crossed her arms.

 

“Beg?" I paused. "Beg you for what? I never asked you to beg." At this, Chaerin rolled her eyes.

 

“Ah, Slow Hana is back... Would you just tell me already?“ I laugh, before I nod.

 

Then I tell her the big news.

 



 

AHHHH! I'm sorry for the super late update!

I don't mean to make you (Readers) wait so long, Mianhae! Forgive meee..

Now I have three updates coming up very soon to make you feel more worth it! >.< AHHH! Jeongmal Mianhaaeeeee,,

I love you, and hope you guys like it.

 

* Sunbae = senior

 

**Gwaechanha = It's okay/I'm okay

 

***Adeul = Kid (formal)

 

Keep Smiling & God Bless <3 :*